1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Is There Any Reason Dimitri Wants Niko Dead?

Smash Bandicoot

Smash Bandicoot

I never really got why Dimitri wanted Niko dead, if we go by the idea that he is a pure sadistic psychopath then there's no reason he would be the leader of any mafia suddenly after the death of it's former leader knowing how ruthless and volatile he really is and that he might or is responsible for the death of the former leader. however, if we go by the idea he killed Niko for business reasons, it doesn't make much sense either, I can see the argument that Niko's death is Bulgarin's order, but then here a bag of question:

-Are the Russian mafia aware that their current leader literally ordered the death of former leader Faustin and other members of the Bratva?

-If so, how in the hell can they trust Dimitri even a slight bit?

-What about Bulgarin? what is his whole take on all this?

-Is Dimitri even the leader to begin with, or is it Bulgarin?

These questions are never fully answered within the storyline, I'd love to hear your stance on this.

Bulgarian wants to kill Niko because he believes that he robbed him

If Dimitri stayed true to Niko He would be an enemy to Bulgarian who has a lot of connections so he would be the enemy of everyone so he betrayed Niko to survive

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • Like 1

Think Dimitri viewed Niko as a loose end which he wanted to remove especially after the ambush in Russian Revolution went wrong and then Dimitri went ahead and burnt down the Bellic business and residence so he may have feared retaliation by Niko knowing what he is capable of (he took down Faustin and his crew single handedly after all) and looked to take out any threat to his newfound position as a mob boss. 

That being said even I feel Dimitri goes over the top in trying to hunt down Niko sometimes. I still don't fully understand the need for kidnapping Roman, I mean I get he wanted to lure Niko to finish him but there had been a sense of quiet between Niko and Dimitri in the sense that Niko didn't come after Dimitri after getting flushed out of Broker, he was concentrating on other stuff so I don't see why Dimitri couldn't just be satisfied with that and had to needlessly go after Niko again. 

Also the deal ending. Dimitri is on top of the world so to speak, Niko may have escaped but he got his cut of the deal and he seems to be satisfied with that and is focusing on Romans wedding and doesnt seem inclined on retaliation, so why send an assassin after him again, couldn't you just leave it at that? Seems funny to me that a mob boss would go so out of his way to target a hitman, sure like I said Niko was no ordinary hitman but that's all the more reason you should not needlessly target him when despite all you've done to him, he isn't coming after you. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Wayne Kerr said:

I don't see why Dimitri couldn't just be satisfied with that and had to needlessly go after Niko again. 

Bulgarian is the one who wants Niko so badly I think

On 4/9/2021 at 8:54 AM, DR:BUSTA said:

Yeah Dimitri is Bulgarin's bitch/lap dog I guess :D

• Like 2
On 4/8/2021 at 11:33 PM, Smash Bandicoot said:

-Are the Russian mafia aware that their current leader literally ordered the death of former leader Faustin and other members of the Bratva?

They are most likely not, but I assume that it wouldn't matter that much for them as long as they still get paid. Most of them anyway, while the closest lieutenants to him would most likely question it depending on how close they are to him.

-If so, how in the hell can they trust Dimitri even a slight bit?

As I mentioned, they're most likely not aware. In case they are, then they will either lose their trust on him or will ask him for a clear justification, and might still watch their backs as long as they're with him as well.

-What about Bulgarin? what is his whole take on all this?

He is one of the main reasons of Dimitri's will of taking Niko out (but most likely not the only one).

-Is Dimitri even the leader to begin with, or is it Bulgarin?

Both are leaders of their own crime organizations. I don't really think that Dimitri works for Bulgarin, but rather with him, even if Bulgarin was somewhat more powerful (at least in the beginning). From what we know, they're friends, and they have common interests. Bulgarin wants Niko dead, and while Dimitri doesn't have to take him out, it's beneficial for him in more than a way. He will establish a powerful partnership (or expand on it), and he will get rid of an assassin that might get in his (and Bulgarin's) way at any time in the future.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL
Smash Bandicoot
On 4/8/2021 at 11:54 PM, DR:BUSTA said:

Too bad his character was rushed, he just ends up being a pathetic villain with a pathetic death in an addon due to rushed writing.

• Like 2

Bulgarin would be a very good antagonist - however, some dude at Rockstar thought that Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony was a good idea and here we are.

Edited by Americana
  • Like 3

He woke up one day, and sayed: I WILL KILL THE FIRST PERSON I SEE ON LOVEMEET.NET, then he saw SweetBellic's profile and decided to hunt him.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

I have a little theory that might also be one of the reasons behind Dimitri's will of taking Niko out:

In case he wasn't lying to Niko about the meeting he had with Kenny Petrovic and that the later is aware of Niko's involvement in his son's death, could Petrovic be involved in this as well? After all, it wouldn't make much sense for him to spare the murderer of his own son, even if he was just a hired gun. If this theory was canonically true, then this also creates another motivation for Dimitri to go after Niko: establishing a solid affiliation with Petrovic (in addition to Bulgarin already), which makes even more sense seeing as how powerful Dimitri and his syndicate became eventually.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL
  • Like 3

Dimitri was a rat, he ratted out Faustin for power, then proceeded to rat out Niko in order to gain trust (or whatever) from Bulgarian but ratting him out. Bulgarian believed he Robbed him and he went after anyone who would do such a thing to him.

When he failed to kill Niko after the ambush, he was definitely scared of Niko after seeing what he was capable of (taking down Faustin and his crew single handedly, surviving the ambush), so he burned his sh*t and tried to lure him by kidnapping Roman. He wanted to cut loose ends  because he was aware that Niko would come after him eventually.

Which happens if you take revenge. And if you take deal, he double crosses you, steals your heroin and leaves Niko in a situation where he'd know Niko would fight for money, e.g. another chance to take him down without doing anything himself. Then that fails and then he just hires a guy to come to the wedding and kill Niko and that fails and then Dimitri hides in some sh*thole from Niko and does everything to run away from him.

• Like 2

Dmitri killed Faustin for power and for making peace with Petrovic. Two birds with one stone. The average grunt doesn't need to fear Dmitri because he and his men rely on each other. Dmitri needs the men to do his bidding and the grunts gain money via Dmitri's wise leadership. Dmitri will kill those who betray him or who are liabilities but as long as you are working for him and do everything he says you shouldn't worry. Sure, he backstabbed Niko but his case was special. A powerful and rich man wanted him dead, this can't be said about most of the Russian gangsters.

Dmitri could have wanted to tie up loose ends as mentioned before but to be honest I think he started a form of partnership with Bulgarin once the two got to know each other. Then Dmitri must have figured that Bulgarin is a lot more beneficial than Niko.

Edited by GhettoJesus
  • Like 2