1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How do I block the text chat?

Looking at some other threads you made, it sounds like you need to stop playing GTA Online and find another, better game.

Sounds like you are not enjoying the game at all, like me.

I am currently on a break from GTA Online and I don't miss it at all.

Rockstar made the game cancerous on purpose, because apparently it sells more shark cards that way.

If you think they made this game to be an enjoyable user experience, please think again. No single player DLC, and every online update designed to sell shark cards.

And to quote Lester Crest:

Nothing is for free people, WE are the product!

Edited by AirWolf359
Shiloh Comes

I don't get why people complain about public lobbies when they know what they are entering beforehand. I mean, it's not like they haven't given us an alternative in Invite Only. Put on your mic and make some friends, best way is by doing heists or racing. Then you can play together away from the sociopaths.

Public lobbies have always just been giant warzone sandboxes. They are supposed to be. Hence all the weapons and vehicles. Even now people still want them to be something they were never meant to be.

• Like 3
ElectricNine
6 hours ago, AirWolf359 said:

Looking at some other threads you made, it sounds like you need to stop playing GTA Online and find another, better game.

Sounds like you are not enjoying the game at all, like me.

I am currently on a break from GTA Online and I don't miss it at all.

Rockstar made the game cancerous on purpose, because apparently it sells more shark cards that way.

If you think they made this game to be an enjoyable user experience, please think again. No single player DLC, and every online update designed to sell shark cards.

And to quote Lester Crest:

You're probably right, mate. I made a comment yesterday about how cancerous I'm finding the game at the moment, and I feel quite bad for writing that as there are some very nice people that play the game. But today alone, I got griefed by 10 people all at once and that's never happened to me before. Griefed all the time, sure, but 10 people at once who just wouldn't leave me alone was actually quite harrowing. 

I do enjoy the game for the most part (when it works) but there are some awful, awful, awful humans who make it such a toxic and cancerous environment. 

2 hours ago, Shiloh Comes said:

I don't get why people complain about public lobbies when they know what they are entering beforehand. I mean, it's not like they haven't given us an alternative in Invite Only. Put on your mic and make some friends, best way is by doing heists or racing. Then you can play together away from the sociopaths.

Public lobbies have always just been giant warzone sandboxes. They are supposed to be. Hence all the weapons and vehicles. Even now people still want them to be something they were never meant to be.

I hear you, I just don't like seeing all the abusive chat and was wondering if you could simply just switch the chat box off, you know people telling each other to kill themselves and stuff like that. After a bit more research it seems you can't unfortunately.

• Like 2
suicidal_banana

So like, this might be too obvious of a solution, but you do know that if a session feels especially bad you can just hop into a new one right? pause menu - online - find new session?

Or do what most of us have eventually done, even if you dislike PVP make sure you 'git gud' at it (read: copy all the bs tactics that griefers use) that way when a griefer comes over to bother you they will quickly see that you fight back / take effort to kill, so a lot of them will quickly move on to an easier target.

• Like 1
MechanicMammal

A suggestion stolen from reddit,

Stick a post it note to the screen.

I think it is possible to block communications from individual players, not sure if this stops you seeing there posts in the chat box or not.

I just do not really look at it other than in heists, and more organised game modes pvp and pve.

And I do not spend much time in freemode.

I am ready to jump lobby if I see signs of toxisity, modding or if it is a warzone.

But for every 8 idiots in GTA there are 2 people that might be worth your time, so I like the chat window and miss it in RDR2

And make like minded friends to play with, lol but they will come and go, since playing gta online I have met 200ish people to put on a friend list but normally only 1 or 2 will be playing.

Edited by MechanicMammal
  • YEE 1
suicidal_banana
3 hours ago, MechanicMammal said:

I think it is possible to block communications from individual players, not sure if this stops you seeing there posts in the chat box or not.

True thats also a thing, if you block a player (open social club account then block) you wont see their chat messages anymore either.

• Like 1