1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Is there a mod that allows me to access the shop featured in 'Bull in a China Shop'

Tsoi_Boy

I've just noticed its not an accessible interior, is there a mod that allows for this?

billiejoearmstrong8

I'm no use about the mod but you can glitch inside there. The very first time I went there and randomly broke the window and tried to climb in it worked, and I could walk around, destroy the items inside, rob the cash register, and fight the cops who were after me at the time through the window. Every other time I've tried to get in since then I haven't been able to though so I think you have to be lucky¬†ūüėõ. I think you have to just keep pressing the climb button while walking into the window¬†until it works. Here's a video of someone doing it:

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Line Rider

STAY THE f*ck OUT OF JJ CHINA LIMITED!

The store is closed, and if you go in there then you are TRESPASSING!  Besides, Niko Bellic is BANNED FOR LIFE from that store for breaking their window! 

However, if you insist on committing a crime by breaking and entering JJ China Limited, you could always break the front window again and try jumping through. You have to jump at it at an exact angle and distance for Niko to grab the shelf and jump through, so it may take a minute or two of repeatedly jumping into the window for that glitch to happen.  ( I have my own video showing how to do it in the video thread.  ) Rockstar doesn't want anyone to go in there. It exists only for a single cutscene. The back wall and back room are not solid, so if you go near them you will fall through the map. You will also begin to drop through the floor when you go past the cash register. My guess is Rockstar at one time intended JJ China Limited to be accessible, even including it's own theme music that can only be heard from inside the store. But probably hit a deadline before it could be finished and decided to keep the door locked.  What makes no sense is the glass door is indestructible,  no explosive will blow it up, no bullet or bat will break it, even the armored truck just bounces off of it. Meanwhile the windows in front are very fragile.  I once threw a paper coffee cup at it and it and it shattered.

Edited by Line Rider

You can download Simple Native Trainer and when you are nearby the door you can use an option, which allows you to open every closed door. 

Moreover, you can set up a key, which would allow you to open these door with a press of the button.

• Like 1
billiejoearmstrong8
14 hours ago, Line Rider said:

STAY THE f*ck OUT OF JJ CHINA LIMITED!

The store is closed, and if you go in there then you are TRESPASSING!  Besides, Niko Bellic is BANNED FOR LIFE from that store for breaking their window! 

However, if you insist on committing a crime by breaking and entering JJ China Limited, you could always break the front window again and try jumping through. You have to jump at it at an exact angle and distance for Niko to grab the shelf and jump through, so it may take a minute or two of repeatedly jumping into the window for that glitch to happen.  ( I have my own video showing how to do it in the video thread.  ) Rockstar doesn't want anyone to go in there. It exists only for a single cutscene. The back wall and back room are not solid, so if you go near them you will fall through the map. You will also begin to drop through the floor when you go past the cash register. My guess is Rockstar at one time intended JJ China Limited to be accessible, even including it's own theme music that can only be heard from inside the store. But probably hit a deadline before it could be finished and decided to keep the door locked.  What makes no sense is the glass door is indestructible,  no explosive will blow it up, no bullet or bat will break it, even the armored truck just bounces off of it. Meanwhile the windows in front are very fragile.  I once threw a paper coffee cup at it and it and it shattered.

I think originally you would've gone in there and smashed the place up during the mission (since otherwise they created an interior full of conventiently smashable items for no reason). Why they cut it back to just smashing the window is a mystery. One time I inadvertently passed the mission early by lightly hitting the wall with my car by accident as I pulled up causing the window to smash, didn't even talk to the guy first.

billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, Americana said:

I think they cut it because it would be messy in terms of gameplay.

I dunno, I think you would've just gone inside after smashing the window and had to smash a certain amount of stuff in the shop with a baseball bat (kind of like when you have to smash the juror's car a certain amount in Vice City) and the guy would've been like ok ok enough and paid you. Would've been cool. But yeah maybe there was some problem with the gameplay that meant it was easier to cut it.

I think that because the interior is quite small, it would be difficult to move around and maybe players would knock everything off while waking around.

Use the "under-the-map" glitch using a helicopter. I have been there inside twice.

billiejoearmstrong8
4 hours ago, Americana said:

I think that because the interior is quite small, it would be difficult to move around and maybe players would knock everything off while waking around.

It's bigger inside than it looks from outside (you can see in the video), I think it would've been ok. But at least this way we got to hear Niko say "I don't need a bat to teach a lesson"