2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What are the "most unpopular/least talked about vehicles" in GTA San Andreas?

BennyGod

For the top 5, here is what I'd say

5. Launch (Military boat)

The Launch is a military boat found in the Easter Basin Naval Station. You get a large wanted level while entering, so there's a large chance you'll be dead before seeing it, or you'll exit out of that place quickly. Honorable mention to the Predator, which randomly spawns on the ocean and when you have a wanted level, and is much cooler. I usually don't see people talking about GTA boats that much anyway.

4. Dune (That huge off-road thing)

It's good at off-road driving, but most people would probably rather drive a nice, small cool looking vehicle rather than this garbage truck. You only can get it in SA for winning the LV thing, so you won't find this thing anywhere else.

3. Baggage (Airport Baggage vehicle)

If you find yourself in the large airports, you will 99% of the time take a helicopter or plane over this piece of crap. No wonder everyone forgets it exists. At least in VC it was slightly useful, since the airport was huge and there weren't many vehicles.

2. Pizza Boy (Pizza Boy)

It's kind of cool to see them, but then you realize they're just a worse Faggio. They just feel like a remnant of the pizza delivery minigame in VC. 

1. Lawn Mower (Mows lawns)

In case you forgot they were even in the game, yes, GTA SA had lawn mowers, and even plays radio stations for some reason. 

• Like 2

DefyReality

So what would the most obscure planes/helicopters?

The Cropduster (which can spray by pressing 2) and Skimmer are interesting light planes.

LeatherJacketSoldier
2 hours ago, DefyReality said:

The Cropduster (which can spray by pressing 2) and Skimmer are interesting light planes.

The least used plane by me is the AT-400, I used it less than the Andromada (obtained via trainer). And the least used helicopter is the Raindance (the Leviathan beat it a position when I discovered it was actually an hidro-copter, like the Seasparrow).

And the other types of vehicles? For motorbikes, I'd say the Wayfarer, for bycicles, the Bike (I don't know if it translates to that, it's Bici in spanish), for pickups, the Picador, for trucks, the DFT-30, for boats, the Marquis (it's so slow that I prefer goin' diving, but as you can guess I go swimming instead), and for cars... There are too many I don't use, some examples are the Intruder, the Willard, the Regina, the Mañana (I write it like this because I have an spanish keyboard XD), the Bravura, and the Vincent (there are plenty more that I'm forgetting).

• Like 1

LeatherJacketSoldier
On 4/5/2021 at 10:47 PM, BennyGod said:

5. Launch (Military boat)

I used this one more times than the Marquis, just for fun (around 3 to 4 times).

4. Dune (That huge off-road thing)

Whenever I'm close and I need a vehicle, I look for it over any vehicle that can be found in the nearby street. It's too cool to not drive it around.

3. Baggage (Airport Baggage vehicle)

When the airports are still "locked", this baby comes in pretty handy if you wrecked your vehicle upside down in that ramp after the gates (which I do most of the time, but sometimes I achieve to pass the fence) and the Dodo didn't spawn. It helps me get to the Shamal instead way faster than on foot, I used the Baggage even more times than any girlfriend's car in dates.

2. Pizza Boy (Pizza Boy)

Lol, why did you specify so much. I agree, it's cool to see it again, but I thought it was just a Faggio with another model and texture, I see their parameters are pretty similar. Neat thing about both scooters in the game, is that during a chase (or when you don't want to stop accelerating) you can turn without drifting (if that's the right word), unless you're using the up arrow trick.

Yeah, I used it two times only, and it's even slower than the Caddy. Hell, I forgot the Caddy. The Caddy seen my use only in Vice City, but I don't think I've read the name "Caddy" in green during the whole period I played San Andreas.

• Like 2

DefyReality

There's the 2-seat San News helicopter, which is usable in one of the Las Venturas airport races. Makes me wonder, you can save cars from the races (like the Phoenix from San Fierro Hills, one of my favorite cars) by parking them in a garage and being disqualified, could the helicopter be saved in the Verdant Meadows hangar?

LeatherJacketSoldier
22 minutes ago, DefyReality said:

There's the 2-seat San News helicopter, which is usable in one of the Las Venturas airport races. Makes me wonder, you can save cars from the races (like the Phoenix from San Fierro Hills, one of my favorite cars) by parking them in a garage and being disqualified, could the helicopter be saved in the Verdant Meadows hangar?

There's actually an easier way (okay, not easier, but it doesn't add a failure to the stats), but you'll need beforehand the Quarry's bulldozer. Get 4 or more wanted stars for it to spawn, shoot it down, then save to lose wanted level. The wrecked helicopter should be still there (if it isn't, then try with a beforehand stolen Rhino [while being wanted] to push the wreck inside the huge hangar, so it auto-repairs when the gates close, and police bullets and explosions can't give you a hard time), grab the bulldozer and push it inside the huge hangar, then go save again. And you'll have a clean save with a News Maverick and your mission failure counter intact.

A similar method can be used to get the FBI Rancher, get 5 wanted stars (preferably in Verdant Meadows), wait for the FBI Ranchers to spawn, and when the agents are about to exit their vehicles, go save. With luck, when you enter the safehouse they're already outside the FBI Ranchers. Now exit the safehouse after saving, and the FBI Ranchers should be empty (if you had luck before, if you didn't then give a headshot to the driver of one FBI Rancher, at two wanted stars FBI won't bother about you so don't worry), take one of them and save it in a garage. Hooray, best Grand Theft Auto ever.

You can use this method for both army vehicles too, in case you're thinking of the Cargobob and the Patriot, no, I'm speaking of the Barracks and the Rhino.

Edited by LeatherJacketSoldier
  • Like 1

I love Premier, but people never (never!) talk about it.

• Like 2

The Clover is the thinking man's Sabre, and I will die on this hill.

DefyReality

I wonder about the Tampa. Apparently the one in nines and AKs is fully immune. I prefer the Savanna for the Ganton safehouse, but there's the El Corona safehouse with larger garage for only 10k.

edit: re-tried it, it's worse to handle than I remembered, can you get used to it? It would be nice for a drive-by, although being a two-seater you can recruit only one homie.

Edited by DefyReality

Definitely the Clover and Alpha. I really like them, although barely anyone talks about them.

3 hours ago, DefyReality said:

I wonder about the Tampa...

I love the Tampa, couldn't tell you why. Maybe it's the design because it's certainly not for how it handles.

2 hours ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

RC Cam probably, It is the rarest vehicle in all of gtas.

If you could free roam with it, I would use it a lot.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:47 PM, BennyGod said:

In case you forgot they were even in the game, yes, GTA SA had lawn mowers, and even plays radio stations for some reason. 

I only found this last year for the first time believe it or not. This is my favorite game of all time and I still discover things sometimes, this being one of them lol. 

Mountain bikes.

4 hours ago, Rhoda said:

I love the Tampa, couldn't tell you why. Maybe it's the design because it's certainly not for how it handles.

The Tampa and the Clover are my favorites, the engine sounds are something, they look rusty from the outside but well performing from inside.

Edited by CyberRock

DefyReality
44 minutes ago, CyberRock said:

Mountain bikes.

I have the one from Madd Dogg's Rhymes in Ganton, I like it, pretty fast tapping W and can't be damaged, good for defending/acquiring a territory that's not too far or going for a spree shooting dealers (for their money), also before Doberman spraying tags and going for a trip to max cycling skill.

Edited by DefyReality

1 minute ago, DefyReality said:

I have the one from Madd Dogg's Rhymes in Ganton, I like it, pretty fast tapping W and can't be damaged, good for defending/acquiring a territory that's not too far or going for a spree shooting dealers (for their money), also before Doberman spraying tags and going for a trip to max cycling skill.

Oh yea it's fast, also has good acceleration for "mountain" stuff because between time to time I boot the game and chill around with it using first person view is even better with it  

Perennial honestly, it's always the one I least want to grab, but the ghetto areas of Los Santos often give me no choice on the matter.

Flymystical-DJ

The mountain bike. That thing gets spoken of but never highly enough. For instance, I've never heard anyone talk about its uncanny ability to go up near 90 degree angles on cliff sides. It's a god send for the mount chiliad challenges and my go-to vehicle whenever I'm exploring that area.

CryptReaperDorian

The Dune is a fairly forgotten vehicle in GTA SA due to its unlock requirement, but it's one of my favorites in terms of fun aspect. It has great off-road performance, and it also shoves traffic out of the way with absolute ease.

GhettoJesus

One car that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Buccaneer. It's easily forgettable and if I recall right only Da Nang Thang members drive it. Same goes for the Manana. Not a big fan of the Manana because it's really slow and doesn't have any redeeming qualities. The Buccaneer is alright but I don't think it excels in anything except in design.

Edited by GhettoJesus

K2yjoYK.png

The Sweeper by far!

This vehicle was slow, useless and I think only had 1 or 2 spawn locations.

Yes, this was a thing. The lights on top could also be activated I believe. It did not sweep/clean streets and was purely aesthetic.

Sweeper.jpg

CryptReaperDorian

I recall that the Manana has a surprisingly high amount of customization options. That's the only reason I'd go out looking for one.

As far as common spawns go, one vehicle I actively avoid in GTA SA is the Walton. If I'm stuck out in the country, I'd wait for a different vehicle to spawn instead. The Walton is extremely slow, and it can barely climb a hill. It can take a decent beating, but that should be expected when you can't even get it up to a high enough speed for a significant crash anyways. Honestly, it's a bit too overrepresented in GTA SA's traffic, considering it's over thirty years old by the time of the game's setting.

GhettoJesus
3 hours ago, Sam2150AD said:

Yes, this was a thing. The lights on top could also be activated I believe. It did not sweep/clean streets and was purely aesthetic.

I am 100% sure you can't activate the lights. Tug is another vehicle which is similar to the Sweeper and is also overlooked.

JI9vUtk.png

K2yjoYK.png

3 hours ago, Sam2150AD said:

The Sweeper by far!

This vehicle was slow, useless and I think only had 1 or 2 spawn locations.

Sweeper.jpg

That looks cool as hell

On 4/7/2021 at 10:35 AM, DefyReality said:

• Like 1

You use the Greenwood a lot, so I feel like it's probably an unpopular car as people are forced to use it in missions. It's genuinely one of my favourites, I like the feel of it.

On 4/7/2021 at 12:28 PM, DefyReality said:

So what would the most obscure planes/helicopters?

I personally love both the Cropduster and Stuntplane, I just have a thing for Biplanes. Besides, the Cropduster actually has the "honor" of being the plane in SA with the least amount of land required to take off, it gets airbone almost as soon as you push the pedal (or whatever is used in biplanes).

On 4/7/2021 at 3:13 PM, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

The least used plane by me is the AT-400, I used it less than the Andromada (obtained via trainer).

I can relate. All the steps related to the AT-400 is a slog:

1-You first need to wait for that huge-ass hangar top open

2-Then you need to walk all the way up to the platform

3- Then you need to back up from the hangar (plane is slow as hell)

4-Takes a while to get airbone

5-Is just sluggish on air

6-Is a bitch to land due to size

On 4/7/2021 at 3:35 PM, DefyReality said:

I'm willing to be the News chopper is the most unused vehicle in SA across all players. A lot may have tried the mower or airport carriers just for the novelty, and I bet every PC player has at least spawned the FBI Truck, SWAT Tank and Andromeda once, and the Phoenix is a really beloved car so many may have tried to store it; but the News copter? I bet anyone who saw it flying just thought it was a reskined Maverick.

Finally, I also bet there's a lot of people unable to remember the many generic cars like the Previon, Primo, Fortune or Emperor. Many cars just don't have any remarkable features. I bet people know the Majestic better as a shooting target than an actual driveable car. Also, I wonder how many people have actually bothered to unlock Michelle's unique Monster Truck?