1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Rockstar GTA 5 needs to be Cross-Platform!!!

s1r smok3 a lo7

s1r smok3 a lo7

GTA 5 should be already cross-platform and that it isn't is ridiculous. Rockstar broaden your horizon this could benefit a lot by interacting with people on different platforms. More players to join in on the fun and making $$$ while doing activities.

• KEKW 1
  • Bruh 1

I like the idea. As an Xbox player it sucks that we get left out but still I welcome it. But they have to invest in better servers. 

If only between PS5 and XboxSeries X/S, than yes.

• Like 3

This is a monkey paw. You want cross-platform? Now you'll deal with PC modders and now every platform will have their own exclusive exploits. Numbers aren't even low on any platform

dieseltech20

Between consoles? Yes. Consoles and PC? No. The bad menu users would completely ruin anything a console player would ever try to do because they have zero ways of dealing with it. 

Even consoles would be a mess work if they include the PS3 and 360.

Dedicated servers and real anti cheat measures that render menus obsolete? That would allow complete cross play with minimal issues.

• Like 8

Cross platform....  can't even get into any kinda of mission or Heist with the current community.  without getting kicked. 

Lonely-Martin

Yeah, like others, I really would not want PC players included. No offence to the good folk that play on that platform, but it's too full of bad sh*t and it'd put me right off if we had to mix with those kind of risks.

I happily pay my PSN to play, but if PC cross play comes, even offering it free (exempt from PS+) I'd not touch the game again.

PS and Xbox most welcomed though.

• Like 2

As though PS cheaters aren't bad enough you would have them pollute a brand new console version with all the sewage from everywhere else?   It's bad enough they'll probably allow people to port over old cheated accounts. 

Hazzardtohimself

As a PC player... I also think it's a bad idea to cross consoles and PC. 

Consoles & consoles are fine (if Sony and Microsoft were able to come to an arrangement!), and if there were some way to mix PS4 with PS5 and XB1 with SeriesX without everyone tanking performance to match, that would be even better. 

• Like 2

GTA Online needs to be a decent online game. And decent online game could be cross-platform, relatively cheat-free and reliable. Saying that PC is the issue is caving to lazy-ass corporation that can not be bothered to make an effort where it actually matters, in the core of the game.

As a PC player, I'm mad as hell because not only we are getting delayed releases, but we are also not getting any cheat protection whatsoever. That's no joke, during my playtime on PC I've met ridiculous amount of cheaters and never glitched, yet somehow during that 2x IE event my cash was corrected. With approach like this, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to play online part of VI, unless R* makes an effort.

• Like 2
suicidal_banana

To add too the very reasonable point of "adding PC players = adding cheaters", you also have to remember the usual counter point against cross-play, even with aim assist your average controller user has no chance against a decent mouse+keyboard player (and if they'd make auto aim much better to counter that, then pc players would feel cheated) not in the least because of how janky this game actually is for PVP, but also just because the added precision of a mouse (vs a joystick) and the fact that a keyboard has enough dedicated buttons for pretty much everything (where on controller a load of features is tied to the same button) goes a long way.

Bottom line your average pc player can react a lot faster then any console player (not saying either type of person is better or worse, it comes down to the differences in input method i listed above)

----

Oh also, not to be a douchebag, but next time you wanna discuss what R* should do to 'make the game better', maybe consider one of the wishlist threads, they are for exactly these kinds of requests :D 

https://gtaforums.com/topic/880467-gameplay-ideas-wishlist-topic/

https://gtaforums.com/topic/880471-dlc-ideas-wishlist-topic/

"Coming soon with the Expanded and Enhanced". 
Then you realise it's not a late April Fool's joke... 

Honestly the PC related issues aren't even issues if the game developer does the job properly and implements a proper system whereby players can choose the platform types they play with. 
It could be as simple as a checkbox system:-
PS5 - Yes
Xbox X - Yes
PC - No

Simple. 

• Like 2

Although I’d love to play with PC players because the MC community seems a lot more alive it just wouldn’t work due to the whole cheaters and keyboard mouse issues.

xbox and playstation there’s really no reason they shouldn’t from a gaming perspective but i imagine from a cost perspective to them there’s probably millions of reasons $ they won’t. The games still to this day a cash cow with there sh*tty ass server system why invest when they can get away with it 

Please no. We have been over this so many times that I lost count.
Crossplay should only be enabled between consoles of the same generation:

- between PS3 and Xbox 360, though that is a bit late in the day

- between PS4, Xbox One, PS5 and Xbox Series X/S for the PS4 / Xbox One version

- between PS5 and Xbox Series S/X for the upcoming E&E

Even if Rockstar managed to solve the cheating issues, PC should be left out of crossplay for all the reasons listed above by other users.

Edited by AirWolf359
  • Like 2

Sadly I think MS will be pushing hard for this, as proof of their cross-platform XBL system. Not sure what leverage they have but I worry. I don't want some mook with a word processor sh*tting problems into my account.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Lonely-Martin
On 4/2/2021 at 5:26 PM, Gaffa said:

"Coming soon with the Expanded and Enhanced". 
Then you realise it's not a late April Fool's joke... 

Honestly the PC related issues aren't even issues if the game developer does the job properly and implements a proper system whereby players can choose the platform types they play with. 
It could be as simple as a checkbox system:-
PS5 - Yes
Xbox X - Yes
PC - No

Simple. 

That's a good point I'd not considered at all. If we got that sort of freedom, I'd be all good with it as the PvP aspects aren't an issue for me too much. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin