2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What is the origin of your nickname?

Lance Mayhem

Lance Mayhem is a name I came up with around 1990 or so. 

He was to have been an anthropomorphic lion in a sort of disco suit. I intended for him to be in the supporting cast of a comic I never started, featuring a heroine known as Lynx (or The Lynx), herself a pretty blatant ripoff of Cutey Bunny, by Joshua Quagmire (who was satirizing Cutey Honey, by Go Nagai).

Cutey Bunny's Wikipedia page: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutey_Bunny

The Cutey Bunny website: 

http://www.cuteybunny.com/

(Perhaps my next GTA profile will be a reference to Stig's Inferno or Somerset Holmes.)

Nowadays , a Google search for Lance Mayhem turns up a lot of results that aren't me. 

• Like 1

Nido is my nickname irl , what ppl wants to call me sometimes ... and 997 is referring to the porsche 911 "typ 997" , it was the most recent 911 generation at the time when I started my "internet journey" (Email adresses etc) , the Porsche 911 beeing my all time favorite car ...

we got the 991 and the 992 since then ... time flies man ...

Edited by nido997
  • Like 1

My dad runs a charter boat in Rio de Janeiro . As a kid I used to tag along and everybody called me ‘cabeca de peixe’  or fish head. Guess it stuck..

my online tag lil_narciso is named after an infamous stray dog that used to hang out around posto 7.  He was small and friendly but fearless verging on suicidal. A bit like me..

Edited by Fish_head
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1
Delicious Potato

The deliciousness of potato is the origin of my nickname.

maxresdefault.jpg

IRC. For you younguns this was like Discord, except ummmm no it was lo-res Discord.

I have gridlock at the gee mail and on the twitters but someone beat me to it on XBL.

Edited by Gridl0k
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Mine comes from a 1993 William Gibson novel called Virtual Light. Been using it for games for going on 25 years now. Unfortunately, since then some f*cking anime has come out with the same name so now everyone thinks I'm a weaboo. Sigh...

Edited by God-eater
6 hours ago, Delicious Potato said:

The deliciousness of potato is the origin of my nickname.

I fully endorse you nickname (from a fellow spud).

19 hours ago, God-eater said:

Mine comes from a 1993 William Gibson novel called Virtual Light. Been using it for games for going on 25 years now. Unfortunately, since then some f*cking anime has come out with the same name so now everyone thinks I'm a weaboo. Sigh...

I hope your insurgent has a GUNHED plate...

I ride a motorcycle (both in GTA and in real life),and this is a GTA forum,so I chose GTA-Biker.

• Like 2

As some of you will know Jack Bauer is the main character on the TV show 24 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_(TV_series)

Back in 2006/2007 I started playing Counter Strike 1.6 and a mate decided to play as "Chuck Norris" so my counter was to go with Jack Bauer, the name of the main character of my favorite tv show. Before that, I was heavily influenced by RTS games and my nickname started with King_ which meant my new nickname was actually more appropriate for shooting games and the likes so I eventually started using it more and more. I was puzzled that so many communities and games had the name available as "24" was a very loved and popular show at the time.

I've been using this nickname for around 15 years now and If I find it's already taken I usually play with different combinations of the same name and/or add my year of birth to make it work.

• Like 3
dragosani00

Boris Dragosani is one of the bad guy protagonists in an excellent series of books by Brian Lumley, the Necroscope series.

Well, it's quite simple: album name from the group I love to listen from time to time, Bohren & der Club of Gore. Simple English translation will put is a ghost fist.

It's a dark-jazz thing, quite famous in some circles and widely copied by some other similar bands.

Bohren_&_der_Club_of_Gore_-_Geisterfaust

5 hours ago, Yannerrins said:

Nickname generator

Hm, rational. Why bothering with dictionaries and stuff when machine can actually do that instead? Makes sense.

• Like 3

I got the first part of my name because back when I was a kid I liked my room very cold, people used to walk in and scream ثلج ثلج (arabic for Snow or Ice, basically a reaction for freezing) & name got stuck.

I got the second part of my name because I used to love hip-hop music back in highschool & always had some Dr. Dre music/production or Ice Cube music playing, my friends felt Ice was getting stale, so they started calling me Dre.

tenor.gif?itemid=8952972

The name IceDree was born and became my brand in the internet since then. Forums, Social media ... etc.

Edited by IceDree
  • Like 6

Smoked lot of weed in my teens, friends of a game were changing names to have 'ology' at the end like plebs, they suggested this me mine, used it since.

Before this, Zagar. Word splice. Piz/za, Ci/gar.

Edited by Kushology
  • Like 2

Its a word I've liked for a while, no special reason however I suppose you could say that as I try to protect people moving cargo from being targeted, I bring a certain sense of good luck.

Oh and 83 is the year I was born, if that wasn't clear.

Edited by Talisman_83
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

Its a word I've liked for a while, no special reason however I suppose you could say that as I try to protect people moving cargo from being targeted, I bring a certain sense of good luck.

Oh and 83 is the year I was born, if that wasn't clear.

I always liked that word too for some reason. Maybe from back in the D&D days as a yewt.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Taterman said:

I always liked that word too for some reason. Maybe from back in the D&D days as a yewt.

Ok I admit defeat. Should've thought more when picking my name. Taterman > Talisman.

Sounds like two superheroes.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

Ok I admit defeat. Should've thought more when picking my name. Taterman > Talisman.

Sounds like two superheroes.

when-youre-laughing-hard-and-try-to-stop

• Like 1

Nobody is likely going to believe me on this one, but here we go.

Back in 2015, pre-PS4/Xbox One days, I saw a Social Club user with the name -Yayz-, or something along those lines, and he had the Albany logo as his Social Club name. Thought that was pretty cool, so I browsed for other car companies that I like, and I stumbled across Classique. So I took it to heart, and still rocking it to this day.

The jokes about the Stallion being a Declasse vehicle came afterwards, which was unexpected... 

I made my GTAForums account in 2016 sporting the Classique name.

My previous name on Social Club was TornadoTurret.

• Like 6
Lonely-Martin

My PSN username is a tribute to a close friend that passed on far too early. A few IRL buddies do the same with similar names too as we were a close bunch.

My name here though, just gotta pop to a cinema in GTA V/O and you'll soon see with a bit of luck. It's my favourite t-shirt I unlocked too. I'm neither lonely or called Martin IRL, but it is funny when folk call me Martin on here, or assume I'm a lonely ol' soul when they disagree with my views, lol. Good times!

Cool thread TBH. :)

• Like 5
gnomefromnome
On 3/30/2021 at 6:54 PM, gnomefromnome said:

my PSN is what people from Nome are called...Nomeites

as for my Forum name which I have used since 2003, it is a children's book called The Gnome From Nome

215480.jpg

Spoiler

why don't I use the PSN gnomefromnome? Back when I first got my PS3...my son had taken the PSN account for his Online games, so I let him use that ever since.

My GTA Online character's name is "MrBean" because I got no choice. I wanted to use something different, that's why I didn't chose my real name.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:00 PM, Gridl0k said:

I hope your insurgent has a GUNHED plate...

Of course it does. 😆

I think my current forum name is pretty obvious. My Xbox gamertag and old forum name is Maxx1013.

Max was a cat I had for about 15 years

Spoiler

OK5Xgzw.jpg

10 is October and 13 is 2013 when my kittens were born. I had both their parents but their mother died a month after they were born and I had to bottle feed the 2 on the left.

Spoiler

o0XPks5.jpg

I still have 2 but lost my boy at the front to cancer back in January

Max1013 looked wierd to me so I added an extra x to the name.

• Like 3