Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What is the best way to grind cash?


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, fryday said:

Wrong. If you have the Sparrow, you can Spawn 2 Helikopters now directly in Front of you. So you can give the CEO Buzzard to your emloyee and you will use the Sparrow. Great QoL Addition!

The Sparrow doesn’t run out of missiles either and they’ve got a great rate of fire. That with its close spawn and ability to land inside  the submarine make it a must for PVE in the preps.

 

Don't get me wrong having a Deluxo is good and more durable if you’re attacked by other players. but it’s also slower than helicopters.

 

Op, not sure if it’s been mentioned but you should do the Doomsday Act I missions to unlock the trade price before buying. But as everyone has said, nothing beats CP for earning cash.

Edited by Jimbatron
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fryday said:

Wrong. If you have the Sparrow, you can Spawn 2 Helikopters now directly in Front of you. So you can give the CEO Buzzard to your emloyee and you will use the Sparrow. Great QoL Addition!

 

 

I don't rely on employees, the Sparrow has its merits no question but it is by no means mandatory to grind Perico heists and I favor the Deluxo over the Sparrow any time, I have fighter planes and mk2 also which I favor over the Sparrow too when needed. And I got all this stuff after grinding Perico Heists for 2 to 3 months.

 

1 hour ago, Jimbatron said:

The Sparrow doesn’t run out of missiles either and they’ve got a great rate of fire. That with its close spawn and ability to land inside  the submarine make it a must for PVE in the preps.

 

Don't get me wrong having a Deluxo is good and more durable if you’re attacked by other players. but it’s also slower than helicopters.

 

Op, not sure if it’s been mentioned but you should do the Doomsday Act I missions to unlock the trade price before buying. But as everyone has said, nothing beats CP for earning cash.

 

It seems the OP already unlocked the trade price which means he is no beginner.

Edited by Aquamaniac
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

But, yeah, if you can get a bunch of randos to just follow you around while you do all the heavy lifting

My experience with heist crews is if you pay peanuts you hire monkeys.   If the player isn't worth a full equal (or close to equal) share it's certainly not worth the aggravation to bring along some little kid who is all hepped up on redbull and mountain dew and who can't keep it in their pants for 10 minutes to hold together stealth. 

 

Then again, playing with randos can be entertaining for its own sake, but if your goal is maximizing your hourly take you'd do best to pay more for guys who are never going to be a weak link, restart, disconnect, mommy unplugs their console because it's bed time, etc.   Your average GTA rando will have the ability to f*ck up even the simplest tasks even after the most detailed instruction in ways you never even dreamed possible.   Again, fun for entertainment sake but I wouldn't count on anybody I hadn't vetted to get things done.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MechanicMammal

My vote is for heisting, it is how most of my money is made and it has been since the OG heists were introduced.

Its not really a grind doing heists in my opinion.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hispls said:

My experience with heist crews is if you pay peanuts you hire monkeys.   If the player isn't worth a full equal (or close to equal) share it's certainly not worth the aggravation to bring along some little kid who is all hepped up on redbull and mountain dew and who can't keep it in their pants for 10 minutes to hold together stealth. 

 

Then again, playing with randos can be entertaining for its own sake, but if your goal is maximizing your hourly take you'd do best to pay more for guys who are never going to be a weak link, restart, disconnect, mommy unplugs their console because it's bed time, etc.   Your average GTA rando will have the ability to f*ck up even the simplest tasks even after the most detailed instruction in ways you never even dreamed possible.   Again, fun for entertainment sake but I wouldn't count on anybody I hadn't vetted to get things done.

 

Yeah I hear you. However, for me, I haven't seen a correlation between what the host pays his associates for the heist and the skill levels of the random players. I have been invited to heists where the host paid me and all others 15% and I have been invited to heists where the host split it evenly. lol In my experience percentages paid has little to do with the skill of the players who randomly join. The reason I like to split things up evenly, even if I did all the Casino Preps myself, is because that's just my philosophy as a player. I want people playing with me to feel good and make money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think It was car import exports but it's been such a long time since I actually needed to bother I just passive income now days.

The X2 events each week can also be pretty nice. 

Edited by CuteFaceJay
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, so I've purchased the Kosatka. What do you think is the best setup approach for grinding money with the Cayo Perico Heist?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2021 at 2:58 PM, flybar said:

 

It depends. The most I got alone with Cayo Perico is 1.6M when I got lucky with main and secondary objectives.

 

I just got a little over $1.8 Million solo. Hard Mode + 2 Cocaine Piles + Pink Diamond + Elite Challenge.

 

 

1 hour ago, BTheEPIC said:

Alright, so I've purchased the Kosatka. What do you think is the best setup approach for grinding money with the Cayo Perico Heist?

 

-Longfin Approach vehicle

-Weapons Loadout, I prefer the Aggressor (1st one)

-For Equipment do Fingerprint Cloner, Cutting Torch, and either Safe Key Code (Bearer Bonds) or Plasma Cutter (everything else)

 

Since you are new to Cayo/Kosatka and will get spotted a lot on your first heists:

 

-you may want to also find the Cutting Powder and poison the water supply

-Do at least do the Armor Disruption Prep Mission

 

Edited by ChiroVette
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

 

Yeah I hear you. However, for me, I haven't seen a correlation between what the host pays his associates for the heist and the skill levels of the random players. I have been invited to heists where the host paid me and all others 15% and I have been invited to heists where the host split it evenly. lol In my experience percentages paid has little to do with the skill of the players who randomly join. The reason I like to split things up evenly, even if I did all the Casino Preps myself, is because that's just my philosophy as a player. I want people playing with me to feel good and make money.

 

Money is a good motivation so it might affect the outcome. I always give fair cuts, needn't be 50/50 but at least 70/30. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BTheEPIC said:

Alright, so I've purchased the Kosatka. What do you think is the best setup approach for grinding money with the Cayo Perico Heist?

The scope:

On your very first scope, the game will have you scope the compound (make sure you look carefully through all cameras, left to right, to scope additional entry points)

Make sure you scope at least the Airfield, North Docks, Main docks and Drainage Tunnel as entry points. (scoping the Drainage Tunnel unlocks the Cutting Torch prep)

 

For points of interest, scope all secondary loot you come accross, and definitely find some guard uniforms.

During every future scope out, at least scope all the loot stashes at the airfield.

 

The preps:

Weapons: If you want to stay on the island after exiting the compound, get the Conspirator loadout, because it comes with sticky bombs to disable Rubio's helicopter. The guns are good enough.

The Disruption preps are optional, if you're going to grind the heist, skip them as you will be maintaining stealth during the finale.

Always steal the Cutting Torch, and skip the demolition charges. With the Cutting Torch, you don't have to worry about bolt cutters.

For approach vehicle, Longfin or Kosatka. Even if you want to start at the airstrip, you can use the Longfin instead of the Velum.

I find the Kosatka prep easier personally, but the Longfin is more versatile during the heist finale, and most people prefer the Longfin.

Spoiler

I don't own a Phantom Wedge, and the MOC cab can not be used to deliver the Longfin at the docks, so I usually go for the Kosatka.

With the Kosatka prep, fast travel your Kosatka to the waypoint, dive, park next to the target and put it on autopilot, equip a scuba suit from the back, and have a go at it.

 

The finale:

There are 2 main ways to complete the finale.

1: start in the compound. Recommended with friends.

Spoiler

With this method, you enter by Kosatka at the Drainage tunnel, or you enter by Longfin at the main docks, and you drive it straight to the drainage tunnel.

Get the primary target first.

If you brought a friend, fill your bags with whatever loot you can find inside the compound (preferably gold) You will have to ask some guards nicely for the keycards.

When you leave the compound with full bags, do not go to your extraction point at the main docks or anything, just grab a vehicle, drive to the ocean and swim away from the island.

 

If you went in solo, make your way to the main docks, the north docks, or the airfield, and fill your bag with secondary loot (coke is best, cash is worst) and leave the island in a boat. (or hack the control tower and leave by plane)

Also, the guards will be looking for you since they know there is a thief on the island.

You can knock out El Rubio's helicopter by planting the sticky bombs on it, and detonating when it comes looking for you. Do not detonate early.

2: start on the island. Recommended for solo.

Spoiler

With this approach, you fill your bags on the island (at least when solo) before you go to the compound for the main target.

You can start at the airstrip, north docks or main docks, depending on what you scoped for secondary loot, and where you found the grappling hooks, guard uniforms and supply truck, if any.

You can enter the compound through the main gate with a guard uniform and the supply truck, or through the side gates (ask some nearby guards nicely for the key) or over the wall with a grappling hook.

Or you can get a boat and still enter through the drainage tunnel.

Do not enter through the main gate without the supply truck, your character will grab a bomb out of their bag, blow the gate up, and the heist turns into the Aggressive approach. Sure it's fun, but not the best way to grind money.

When you're in the compound, just get the main target, get out of the compound, and leave the island.


 

Edited by AirWolf359
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MechanicMammal
21 hours ago, hispls said:

My experience with heist crews is if you pay peanuts you hire monkeys.   If the player isn't worth a full equal (or close to equal) share it's certainly not worth the aggravation to bring along some little kid who is all hepped up on redbull and mountain dew and who can't keep it in their pants for 10 minutes to hold together stealth. 

 

Then again, playing with randos can be entertaining for its own sake, but if your goal is maximizing your hourly take you'd do best to pay more for guys who are never going to be a weak link, restart, disconnect, mommy unplugs their console because it's bed time, etc.   Your average GTA rando will have the ability to f*ck up even the simplest tasks even after the most detailed instruction in ways you never even dreamed possible.   Again, fun for entertainment sake but I wouldn't count on anybody I hadn't vetted to get things done.

 

The fairest split in the OG heists is 20% for each crew member.

Once you take in account the set up cost and the fact that the leader does not get paid for the setups the crew end up eaning slightly more than the leader (if they do all set ups) but not by much, it the closest you can get to a even split.

In my experiance anyone insisting on more of a cut than 20% is not worth bothering with because they do not understand the way the heist pay stucture works and in turn how the heists work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gunbladelad

On the disruptions, you can technically complete them without even doing them as they're slightly bugged.  All you do is start each disruption and as soon as the objective flashes up on-screen, go to the online menu and find a new session.  When you load back in the disruption mission will be completed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gunbladelad said:

On the disruptions, you can technically complete them without even doing them as they're slightly bugged.  All you do is start each disruption and as soon as the objective flashes up on-screen, go to the online menu and find a new session.  When you load back in the disruption mission will be completed.

 

I know it shows them as complete, but do you still get the same benefit from them as if you complete them? Like when you miss one of the arms dealers and Pavel says something like "well, it will still be of some benefit".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gunbladelad said:

On the disruptions, you can technically complete them without even doing them as they're slightly bugged.  All you do is start each disruption and as soon as the objective flashes up on-screen, go to the online menu and find a new session.  When you load back in the disruption mission will be completed.

 

As far as I know that was a bug that has long been fixed but I'm not sure. The disruptions are completed also when you fail, you can try them only but once.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2021 at 1:17 PM, ChiroVette said:

However, for me, I haven't seen a correlation between what the host pays his associates for the heist and the skill levels of the random players.

It's not so much about getting Little Timmy to behave himself the first go, but about if you happen to find a solid player who can fill an empty slot for you, you throw him on your friends list afterwards and he knows if he sees your invite in the future he will get treated fair if he joins on you next time you need a body. 

 

On 4/1/2021 at 5:30 AM, MechanicMammal said:

In my experiance anyone insisting on more of a cut than 20% is not worth bothering with because they do not understand the way the heist pay stucture works and in turn how the heists work.

 

Anybody who is that worried about in-game money is either a noob or trash in the first place.  I almost exclusively play with friends if I host and everyone gets even split or the newest player gets a larger cut and if I join on someone I don't know I'll take whatever because I'm only there for the experience.   There is zero reason these days to rely on others for in-game money or to stress about it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
HopalongCasidy
On 3/31/2021 at 10:24 PM, BTheEPIC said:

Alright, so I've purchased the Kosatka. What do you think is the best setup approach for grinding money with the Cayo Perico Heist?

Safe code/glass cutter

Fingerprint cloner

Cutting Torch

Weapons and approach vehicle of choice. 

 

If you have 2x cocaine, get that.  After that, get weed or paintings in the office.  Never grab cash.  Fill loot bags before the compound.  Clothing helps remain undetected.  

Edited by HopalongCasidy
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd recommend you get a terrorbyte truck. Then start doing the Targeted Data, Diamond Shopping and Robbery in progress missions. There's more but those 3 are the best ones imo. You can do those missions in invite only sessions btw. So that also makes it easy to make good cash without interruption. 

 

As far as Special Cargo goes. I always spend the 1800 to do the 3 crate runs. Completing 10 and then taking a break. I have 2 large warehouses so it's easy for me to do the other one while one is on the cool off period, but if you don't have more than 1 you can do vip missions in between special cargo runs. 

 

 10 crate runs of 30 = 30 

10 more = 60 

10 more = 90

then you just need the final 7 to complete the 111. Boom Sell time.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VictorVance1239 said:

As far as Special Cargo goes. I always spend the 1800 to do the 3 crate runs. Completing 10 and then taking a break. I have 2 large warehouses so it's easy for me to do the other one while one is on the cool off period, but if you don't have more than 1 you can do vip missions in between special cargo runs.

 

I used to get 3 crates for each warehouse once a day after doing my nightclub sale, it was a painless way of gradually filling them up and they were always easily filled in plenty of time for 2x to come around again.

 

However, since Cayo it's just not a time-efficient way of making money anymore so I've retired. I did always enjoy doing it though and perhaps will again at some point. What also made me stop was the risk involved with some of the sales versus the money going straight into the bank after completing the Cayo heist. I didn't used to lose any money because on the rare occasion when it went belly-up I'd just switch the console off and redo it. Glad some people are still grinding them crates though, very satisfying to know you have 22.5m or double if you have 2 characters sitting there in reserve..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.