3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Hypothetical Liberty City Post-GTA4

Darkel2001

What do you think the future Liberty City will look like? Under the assumption that GTA 6 will be Vice City, naturally the next installment will reboot/re-cycle the series, so let's say GTA 7 on PS6/Xbox Whatever we return to Liberty.

I have no doubt that R* has the potential to create an incredible 1:1 analogue of NYC and its boroughs with some room to spare.

I personally would love to see more countryside like an entire upstate Liberty and/or Alderney.

Images from various upstate NY areas:

rosendale_trestle_ny.jpg?auto=format,com

5a4e6f928aff040001147e71_image-coopersto

Stissing_Mountain_and_pond.jpg

600_436596570.jpg

fall-view-from-walkway.jpg

social_security_disability_insurance_pou

3 hours ago, Zello said:

Depends on the time period

Pre 9/11

giphy.gif

The present

DoVc39U.jpg

What film is the first gif from?

Damien Scott

Lol Are we already discussing GTA VII? Anyway, I don't think they'll reboot the series again, I believe it'll continue in the HD Universe. And I don't think we should be back to Liberty City anytime soon, if VI is set in Vice City, the next installment should be set in an entirely new setting. America is not just NY, LA and Miami, GTA should explore other locations such as the Midwest.

They should explore other locations like Detroit,Chicago,Seattle,Portland,Houston,Boston.

But if they return to Liberty City they should include Upstate Liberty and Alderney with Philadelphia(Carcer City)

Edited by Ryz 92

I am one of those people that would like to see an expanded and more detailed version of LC, but I agree with what the other guys said. I’d like to see a completely new city and setting for GTA VII or what it is going to be called. Rebooting the franchise over and over could become boring and repetitive in the future. In fact, I think it’d be more interesting to have LC and VC together in GTA VI, instead of making another game based entirely on LC. Making a bigger map that includes the entire East Coast sounds just perfect to me and if Project Americas is real, then it would be the right thing to do, in order to satisfy the gamers’ needs to have a huge map for a game that will probably last 10/15 years and also to support the drug trafficking theme as well.

Edited by Drummer98
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Drummer98 said:

I am one of those people that would like to see an expanded and more detailed version of LC, but I agree with what the other guys said. I’d like to see a completely new city and setting for GTA VII or what it is going to be called. Rebooting the franchise over and over could become boring and repetitive in the future. In fact, I think it’d be more interesting to have LC and VC together in GTA VI, instead of making another game based entirely on LC. Making a bigger map that includes the entire East Coast sounds just perfect to me and if Project Americas is real, then it would be the right thing to do, in order to satisfy the gamers’ needs to have a huge map for a game that will probably last 10/15 years and also to support the drug trafficking theme as well.

I  wouldn't expect it,but oh boy,if they can include East Coast including VC,LC,CC and smaller compressed cities inbetween with parts of Caribbean and South America and make it as detailed as RDR2?Then you know Rockstar did some incredible job,but it's impossible in my book.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Ryz 92 said:

I  wouldn't expect it,but oh boy,if they can include East Coast including VC,LC,CC and smaller compressed cities inbetween with parts of Caribbean and South America and make it as detailed as RDR2?Then you know Rockstar did some incredible job,but it's impossible in my book.

I don’t think it’s impossible, I mean, there are already many leaks talking about a map that includes both LC and VC with a number of Caribbean Islands as well. Of course, those are just leaks, but one of them, the scouting letter, which is the most reliable source so far, suggests that Rockstar has been scouting not only Miami and Florida, but also other southern states. Now, I don’t wanna get my hopes to high, but I think that Rockstar is gonna pull something big this time, as they have always done. 

Edited by Drummer98

GTA VII won't be set in modern day if it revisits any city, I have a strange feeling.

5 hours ago, Damien Scott said:

Lol Are we already discussing GTA VII? Anyway, I don't think they'll reboot the series again, I believe it'll continue in the HD Universe. And I don't think we should be back to Liberty City anytime soon, if VI is set in Vice City, the next installment should be set in an entirely new setting. America is not just NY, LA and Miami, GTA should explore other locations such as the Midwest.

We'll see San Fierro, Las Venturas, Alderney, or even an unnamed Texas map before a midwest city. Reason being the Midwest isn't popular worldwide.

• KEKW 1
  • Bruh 1
Damien Scott
55 minutes ago, rjmthe2nd said:

We'll see San Fierro, Las Venturas, Alderney, or even an unnamed Texas map before a midwest city. Reason being the Midwest isn't popular worldwide.

That's not true. Both Chicago and Detroit are some of the most popular american cities.

Chicago/Detroit was one of the five possible settings in that pre-production document btw.

Spoiler

foPWQU8.png

Edited by Damien Scott
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Chicago I can see but Detroit...no. There's nothing really appealing about it. Detroit is very run down and abandoned. Personally I wouldn't mind a GTA in Detroit but I don't think the rest of the fanbase would enjoy it.

lHJWfbW.jpg

They could parody this and turn it into a you know...

Damien Scott
1 minute ago, Zello said:

Chicago I can see but Detroit...no. There's nothing really appealing about it. Detroit is very run down and abandoned. Personally I wouldn't mind a GTA in Detroit but I don't think the rest of the fanbase would enjoy it.

Yeah, Detroit wouldn't work as a standalone city, that's why it should be Chicago + Detroit.

Just now, Damien Scott said:

Yeah, Detroit wouldn't work as a standalone city, that's why it should be Chicago + Detroit.

Nah I can't see that map working. Chicago and Detroit are too far away from each other.

I can see a Chicago + Milwaukee map working or even a Detroit + Cleveland map.

• Like 2
Damien Scott
Just now, Zello said:

Nah I can't see that map working. Chicago and Detroit are too far away from each other.

I can see a Chicago + Milwaukee map working or even a Detroit + Cleveland map.

Well, some people want LC + VC + A Caribbean or South American city so I can see Chicago + Detroit working.

Spoiler

image.jpg

flight-map.jpg?w=584

4 hours ago, Drummer98 said:

I don’t think it’s impossible, I mean, there are already many leaks talking about a map that includes both LC and VC with a number of Caribbean Islands as well. Of course, those are just leaks, but one of them, the scouting letter, which is the most reliable source so far, suggests that Rockstar has been scouting not only Miami and Florida, but also other southern states. Now, I don’t wanna get my hopes to high, but I think that Rockstar is gonna pull something big this time, as they have always done. 

I don't know,if they include New York and Miami and everything in between it's really hard to avoid cities like Baltimore,D.C,Charlotte,Charleston,ETC.

It would be really funny and comparable to RDR2's American heartland parody.

8 minutes ago, Damien Scott said:

Well, some people want LC + VC + A Caribbean or South American city so I can see Chicago + Detroit working.

Hide contents

image.jpg

flight-map.jpg?w=584

People want Santiago de Chile also?Dayyum :kekw:

• KEKW 1
Damien Scott
On 3/20/2021 at 4:37 PM, Ryz 92 said:

People want Santiago de Chile also?Dayyum :kekw:

lol I'm not sure what exactly people mean when they say ''a South American city''. Could be Bogota, Rio de Janero, Santiago de Chile, anywhere in South America.

Edited by Damien Scott
On 3/21/2021 at 3:15 AM, Zello said:

lHJWfbW.jpg

They could parody this and turn it into a you know...

Robocop Detroit wouldn't be that bad for a setting honestly.

Considering that the game is called "Grand Theft Auto" there should definitely be a Detroit based setting. The big three automotive companies (Ford, Chrysler, GM) are still based out of the place. It's one of major places in the States with a rich history pertaining to art, architecture history and music. The city itself would have a great ambience. Imagine a GTA game with soundtrack mostly based on rock, jazz, hip-hop and punk. That would be really something to fit the setting. Not sure how popular and feasible it would be to introduce a new city into the GTA Universe, one that's completely new ofcourse. But then we had a lot of curiousity about North Yankton when GTA V was new. The same could work for this Detroit. Just my take on this.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Considering that the game is called "Grand Theft Auto" there should definitely be a Detroit based setting. The big three automotive companies (Ford, Chrysler, GM) are still based out of the place. It's one of major places in the States with a rich history pertaining to art, architecture history and music. The city itself would have a great ambience. Imagine a GTA game with soundtrack mostly based on rock, jazz, hip-hop and punk. That would be really something to fit the setting. Not sure how popular and feasible it would be to introduce a new city into the GTA Universe, one that's completely new ofcourse. But then we had a lot of curiousity about North Yankton when GTA V was new. The same could work for this Detroit. Just my take on this.

Carcer City is Detroit.

I really don't think they'll reboot the series again, and that Liberty City will see some major changes. GTA III's LC wasn't really based on New York, more than it was a culmination of multiple cities found in the US. With Vice City, and more-so San Andreas, they really began to base the maps on their real life counterparts. Then with IV they really kicked it up a notch, and we even had them say that version of Liberty City is what they always imagined in their heads. IV's Liberty City is the "definitive" version so to speak. Same with V's Los Santos. With this newish direction, I don't see them rebooting the series again, and redoing the cities all over.

But, if we ever do get another game set in, or containing Liberty City (containing, as in multiple cities) I would like them to expand/build off of IV's Liberty City. Obviously update/change some things depending on if it's in the future/present, or past. But I would really like them to incorporate "Liberty State" like they had in IV's concept, and include the countryside, which I imagine would be Upstate New York/Liberty City. Also would like to finally see The Carraways.

3 hours ago, ViceKing said:

Carcer City is Detroit.

I used to think that but now I think that Carcer City should be either Philadelphia or Boston.

9 hours ago, Zello said:

I used to think that but now I think that Carcer City should be either Philadelphia or Boston.

Same,but did you base that  off IV's traveling stats?It says Las Venturas is closer to LC than VC,which is false.I think it's either Philadelphia,Detroit,Cleveland or Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, Ryz 92 said:

Same,but did you base that  off IV's traveling stats?It says Las Venturas is closer to LC than VC,which is false.I think it's either Philadelphia,Detroit,Cleveland or Buffalo.

Partially. But also because of Philadelphia itself. The people there make it kind of a sh*tty place and it feels like a real life GTA city.

1 minute ago, Zello said:

Partially. But also because of Philadelphia itself. The people there make it kind of a sh*tty place and it feels like a real life GTA city.

They could take some inspiration from Irishman if they use Philly.It could work very well with LC on the same map.

Just now, Ryz 92 said:

They could take some inspiration from Irishman if they use Philly.It could work very well with LC on the same map.

It's also across the river from Camden, NJ and they could use it as an excuse to include southern Alderney.

Just now, Zello said:

It's also across the river from Camden, NJ and they could use it as an excuse to include southern Alderney.

I heard there's a Camden parody city in IV's websites that states it's across the river with Carcer City,i'm not sure though.

22 hours ago, ViceKing said:

Carcer City is Detroit.

Partially. It is also based on Flint, New Jersey and Chicago. 

No way Carcer City includes Chicago with other cities. Chicago is big enough to have its own GTA game. 

Edit: By reading online, it says that it takes inspiration from Detroit and Flint, Michigan; Camden, New Jersey; East St. Louis with Chicago, Illinois; and Gary, Indiana. That is a lot of cities wtf lol.

Edited by EliteGamer_6