Suggestion frontier pursuit- Prospector.

Frykill

Search the landscape and riverbeds for golden riches.

My daughter thought of it. Gold is hard to come by now after the daily gold nerf, would be nice to be able to hunt for it and maybe add some sweet klondike outfits.   Maybe use the snow covered mountain areas for this. Not much use for that area right now.  Just a thought. 

• Like 2

aaronBLUEeyes

This is something the community has suggested for a long time now, myself included.

I sent it as an actual suggestion feedback to Rockstar Games on the feedback landing page:

Red Dead Online Feedback

Make your suggestion there, the more players suggest a prospecting/gold miner role — the more likely Rockstar will consider the idea.

-Cheers

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The Prospector is a PVP-focused Role that allows the use of various Claims scattered across Ambarino and New Austin.

Before a player may lay stake on a Claim the creatures inhabiting the area must be cleared out.

To lay stake on a Claim, a player must pay a cash fee at the Claim's Registrar and take possession of the Title and becomes the Stakeholder.

When a player becomes the Stakeholder of a Claim, that Claim is marked on the map for other players to see.

Whenever a rival player enters within a certain radius of the Claim, the Stakeholder is notified of potential Claim Jumpers (and the "Claim Jumper" is informed they are entering a PVP area).

A Stakeholder who dies drops the Title upon death and is no longer the Stakeholder unless he is able to reclaim the Title. 

Any player who picks up the Title and does not die for 10 or more seconds becomes the new Stakeholder.

Titles automatically de-spawn and return to the Registrar after 3 minutes of remaining unclaimed and the Claim reverts to its natural state (including hostile animal spawns).

Being Stakeholder of a Claim allows the pursuit of several activities, but may only actively engage in one at a time - 

Cooking: All Claims come with a standard cooking fire to food and eat low-quality stew.

Mining: The most common method, all Claims have a mine.  This method requires some additional investment and a bit of luck.  Each mine has a random, limited amount of gold available per day in its vein.  This method yields a decent amount of gold to the time invested, but only if the vein has not been depleted that day and only after the Stakeholder has invested into the mine to find out.  This method is a bit of a gamble, especially if another player steals your Claim.

Panning: The second-most common method, panning for gold requires a Claim along a river.  This method is free, time-consuming, and yields a small amount of gold to time investment.  This method may also turn up the random Collectible from time to time.

Metal Detector: If the Stakeholder possesses a Metal Detector, they may use it to search the Claim for (very) small deposits of Gold.  This method is relatively free, time-consuming, and yields a small amount of gold to time investment.  This method seems to be most effective in dry environments, particularly around Claims in New Austin.  This method may also turn up the random Collectible from time to time.

Bucket Dredging: This method of Prospecting is only available to Claims along a river.  This method does not have a daily limit, but requires significant initial monetary investment once per day to buy Supplies and get the Bucket Dredge running.  After the Initial Investment, the Stakeholder must pay hourly to maintain the Dredge.  Of the available methods, this method yields the best gold to investment ratio (equal to Dry Washing).

Dry Washing: This method of Prospecting is only available to Claims in dry areas where water is unavailable, mostly in New Austin.  This method does not have a daily limit, but requires significant initial monetary investment once per day to buy Supplies and get the Dry Washer running.  After the Initial Investment, the Stakeholder must pay hourly to maintain the Washer.  Of the available methods, this method yields the best gold to investment ratio (equal to Bucket Dredging).

These tasks yield approximately double the Gold amounts as Bounty Hunter missions of similar difficulty (and for similar time frames), but no cash.

The Prospector Role does not have a story background, but is based on repeatable missions like the Trader and Bounty Hunter Roles.

Thoughts?

Edited by Berdusk

Sounds more like something to be added to the Collector role, rather than a whole new role. 

It would be kind of like suggesting that there be a "Beer/Wine making Role", when Moonshiner already exists  ;)

But as always, I think you people that go into such detail should really be making suggestions directly to

the game maker!  ;)

OREOBOREALIS
12 hours ago, Krommer said:

Sounds more like something to be added to the Collector role, rather than a whole new role. 

in my opinion prospector should be its own role.