1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Which R* Games Do You Think Need a Rewrite?

I have done this with GTA games. Now, it’s time for some non-GTA games by Rockstar. I’m just willing to know if any of you guys out there, think certain R* games should be rewritten. And yes, I know the Mafia games are actually 2K instead of R* but I just thought I’d add them in there as they’re still overall similar in nature. Also, the reason I am doing this poll a little differently than most others is because my computer and other devices just can’t stop acting up on me. You are allowed to choose more than one here as well. You also don’t have to choose all. Without any further ado, here’s the list and I am willing to know HOW you would rewrite them! :D 

* Red Dead Redemption

* Red Dead Redemption 2

* Mafia

* Mafia 2

* Mafia 3

* LA Noire

* Max Payne

* Max Payne 2

* Max Payne 3

• Like 1
Staunton Assassin
On 3/18/2021 at 5:44 AM, ThatBenGuy said:

* Max Payne 2

That could do with a rewrite in my opinion. I would completely remove Mona Sax from the game and make the Part I arc of the game have ten levels instead of eight. It kinda feels off how he was mourning Michelle and all in MP1, and in MP2, he's acting like Mona is his wife. Like WTF, man? Whatever happened to your "My family got whacked..." thing?

Oh, and for MP1, I'd bring back the "Valkyr is a sci-fi drug. V-head junkies (especially Jack Lupino!) turn into scary-looking overpowered mutants when they use it." concept that used to exist in the pre-2000 drafts of the game's storyline. Now that would've been entertaining...

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • Like 3
On 3/17/2021 at 5:44 PM, ThatBenGuy said:

* Red Dead Redemption

The story itself still holds up fairly well but some of the supporting characters feel like straight up caricatures these days. I don't think Rockstar would ever go through the hassle of remaking it, but if they did it'd benefit greatly from some thoroughly rewritten dialogue and revamped character designs.

billiejoearmstrong8
10 hours ago, D T said:

The story itself still holds up fairly well but some of the supporting characters feel like straight up caricatures these days. I don't think Rockstar would ever go through the hassle of remaking it, but if they did it'd benefit greatly from some thoroughly rewritten dialogue and revamped character designs.

Even though the overall story is very good I was taken aback by how many missions are done for silly characters, especially with its reputation for telling this serious story. Like in the New Austin segment 3 out of the 5 mission giving characters are pretty much just joke ones (Nigel West Dickens, Irish and Seth). Like, let me do more missions with the Marshal instead of five with Nigel waffling on in my ear please. Then of course there's a lot of silliness and stereotypes with the Mexican mission giving characters (including what seems like is going to be a badass female rebel fighter character but turns out to be just a dumb fangirl), and then on to West Elizabeth with half the missions done for another joke character (Harold MacDougal). All these characters I mentioned were amusing and I wouldn't want them cut out completely but for a game with a relatively small number of main story missions they took up too large a proportion of them. I think they should've eased off on the comedy, especially the stereotype based stuff. 

Like you say they won't redo it but if it had been made now I'm sure they would've done better with that stuff, as we can see from RDR2.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Staunton Assassin
On 3/19/2021 at 8:25 PM, Staunton Assassin said:

That could do with a rewrite in my opinion. I would completely remove Mona Sax from the game and make the Part I arc of the game have ten levels instead of eight. It kinda feels off how he was mourning Michelle and all in MP1, and in MP2, he's acting like Mona is his wife. Like WTF, man? Whatever happened to your "My family got whacked..." thing?

Oh, and for MP1, I'd bring back the "Valkyr is a sci-fi drug. V-head junkies (especially Jack Lupino!) turn into scary-looking overpowered mutants when they use it." concept that used to exist in the pre-2000 drafts of the game's storyline. Now that would've been entertaining...

More about MP2: I would also bring back the dark and spooky atmosphere from MP1, because MP2 kinda just doesn't have it for whatever reason. Specifically, I'm talking about this track:

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • Like 1