Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

A few questions from freshman


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, cybapete said:

the thing i dislike about the sniper loadout is if you set off the alarm you are stuck with just the ap pistol to fight off guards

True. With sniper loadout, detected = dead. Usually by suicide too. I prefer to stay undetected anyway, and have never done the heist loud.

I don't really mind restarting, because it's unrealistic that if anyone finds a dead body (sniped from the other side of the map), suddenly everybody knows where you are.

 

Quote

and once you are in the compound how many long range shots will you be making anyway?

Exactly zero. When I'm in the compound, I sneak up behind guards and knock them out. I never fire a single shot, no matter which loadout I took.

I'm a bit paranoid about my bullets impacting in walls, especially with the sniper.

Edited by AirWolf359
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

True. With sniper loadout, detected = dead. Usually by suicide too. I prefer to stay undetected anyway, and have never done the heist loud.

I don't really mind restarting, because it's unrealistic that if anyone finds a dead body (sniped from the other side of the map), suddenly everybody knows where you are.

 

Exactly zero. When I'm in the compound, I sneak up behind guards and knock them out. I never fire a single shot, no matter which loadout I took.

I'm a bit paranoid about my bullets impacting in walls, especially with the sniper.

 

Is there an extra key to use melee with guns, I use knife/machete for that reason but that's not always an instant kill, so what's the trick to knockout guards with your gun? To me it appears it happens automatically once you are close enough, but I do not want to rely on that unless I am sure how it works?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Aquamaniac said:

 

Is there an extra key to use melee with guns, I use knife/machete for that reason but that's not always an instant kill, so what's the trick to knockout guards with your gun? To me it appears it happens automatically once you are close enough, but I do not want to rely on that unless I am sure how it works?

The key combo is aim at your target + press reload. If you press that combo without a target, your character should be swinging the gun around.

PC: mouse right + R

Xbox: left trigger + B

PS: left trigger + circle

If you just use the fire button up close, it sometimes feels random whether your character will shoot or do the meelee attack.

Edited by AirWolf359
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

The key combo is aim at your target + press reload. If you press that combo without a target, your character should be swinging the gun around.

PC: mouse right + R

Xbox: left trigger + B

PS: left trigger + circle

If you just use the fire button up close, it sometimes feels random whether your character will shoot or do the meelee attack.

 

Thanks, this was what I needed to know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 6:29 AM, VCPR Official said:

2) which weapon set is best for playing stealth? 

 

I personally prefer the Marksman loadout. But anything (silenced obviously) with a zoom scope is fine, so avoid the shotgun. You will need the zoom to headshot a couple of guards. Specifically the one through the gate by the office block that you shoot through the gate from next to the Brioso 300, if you choose to go that route through the compound.

Edited by Shiloh Comes
Link to post
Share on other sites

By learning the route of the guards inside the compound, you probably don't if ever need to fire a single shot. 

6 months in, I'm still sort of surprised how R* have not changed the difficulty slightly on this heist. I remember when DCH was released, within just a few weeks, R* had put a trolley in front of the door which blocked off the quickest route out of the casino, it didn't make it anymore 'difficult', just meant you had to add an extra 10 seconds onto your escape. 

But they have not added anything to increase difficulty here, not that I have noticed anyway. It honestly feels that R* are just giving money away with players walking away with the best part of $1.5m in about 3/4 mins (not including setups).

I honestly thought it was a trick when I perfected it within a few short replays just how easy this heist actually is....Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 11:15 AM, Shiloh Comes said:

 

I personally prefer the Marksman loadout. But anything (silenced obviously) with a zoom scope is fine, so avoid the shotgun. You will need the zoom to headshot a couple of guards. Specifically the one through the gate by the office block that you shoot through the gate from next to the Brioso 300, if you choose to go that route through the compound.

Marksman loadout sucks. If you have two guards together, even headshotting one increases chances of being spotted because it takes so long to finish off the other. after unloading a full clip before they die. Inside the compound the Assault Shotgun is by far the best. Without headshots, everyone dies within 2-3 shots. You don't need to zoom in to get a headshot with the shotgun unless you're just not very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BeatsDown said:

Marksman loadout sucks. If you have two guards together, even headshotting one increases chances of being spotted because it takes so long to finish off the other. after unloading a full clip before they die. Inside the compound the Assault Shotgun is by far the best. Without headshots, everyone dies within 2-3 shots. You don't need to zoom in to get a headshot with the shotgun unless you're just not very good.

Where's the shotgun located by the way? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering, do the assault rifles on PC have actual zoom scopes? On Xbox One the scope variations seem to be purely cosmetic but I have seen videos that showed actually working red dot signs e.g. or were these mods?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aquamaniac said:

I'm wondering, do the assault rifles on PC have actual zoom scopes? On Xbox One the scope variations seem to be purely cosmetic but I have seen videos that showed actually working red dot signs e.g. or were these mods?

They should have works in consoles too; in PC aiming down sights is toggled by rolling the mouse wheel up

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VCPR Official said:

They should have works in consoles too; in PC aiming down sights is toggled by rolling the mouse wheel up

 

Is it maybe related to auto-aim? On Xbox I aim with left trigger but I won't aim through an optical sight unless I use a sniper rifle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aquamaniac said:

 

Is it maybe related to auto-aim? On Xbox I aim with left trigger but I won't aim through an optical sight unless I use a sniper rifle.

I dunno how it works at your case; I know that LT translates to PC's right mouse button, but I don't know what pad button translates to rolling the mouse wheel up 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, VCPR Official said:

I dunno how it works at your case; I know that LT translates to PC's right mouse button, but I don't know what pad button translates to rolling the mouse wheel up 

 

This might be the answer:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aquamaniac said:

 

This might be the answer:

 

 

This is in first person, yes? To toggle between aiming down sights and not, you click in the L3 or R3 button, I forget which one it is.

2 hours ago, VCPR Official said:

Ah, I meant that shotgun which was added with CPH

The shotgun will be in one of several locations. Plenty of YT vids showing you where to look.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

This is in first person, yes? To toggle between aiming down sights and not, you click in the L3 or R3 button, I forget which one it is.

The shotgun will be in one of several locations. Plenty of YT vids showing you where to look.

 

I figured it out, on Xbox One in 1st person you have to press right stick and it toggles to iron sights or optical sights depending what you have mounted, didn't know that it was possible to aim through iron sights at all, I don't play in 1st person usually but will test it on the shooting range. In 3rd person you zoom in a bit when you press right stick when you have optical sights mounted but you won't aim through the optical sights as you do in 1st person view.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.