Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

A few questions from freshman


Recommended Posts

VCPR Official

Hello, I want to make my first heist and I have a questions:

1) how big is max loot per player? 

2) which weapon set is best for playing stealth? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible extra loot should be about 500k per each further player, alone you should make about 1.5 million, so about 3 million with 4 players.

 

In some scenarios the sniper loadout is the best choice, but with silencers all work for stealth.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The CP Heist is in my opinion meant to be a solo heist, whilst you can invite others, personally I choose to do this solo.

A heist run through on easy difficulty, depending on what the target is and what you steal in secondary loot can range from $900k - 1.5m. On hard and if you go for the elite challenge you can possibly get a slightly higher take. 

Guns, all seem to have the same effect, personally I use a handgun/pistol with silencer and go with headshots - which you really should be going for if doing the stealth approach. 

Because the CP Heist can primarily be done solo, don't be afraid to experiment around a little, if you fail or guards are alerted, just quick restart and use a different approach. 

Whatever works for you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Loot

Primary targets and wall safe contents don't take up space in the bags.

Each player can hold 450-500k of gold in their bag, or 400-450k cocaine

solo: primary + wall safe + ~450k

2 players: primary + wall safe + ~1M

3 players: primary + wall safe + ~1.5M

4 players: primary + wall safe + ~2M

 

2. Weapons

Weapons loadout depends on your plan.

There is not one loadout that is always best.

Personally I use Conspirator loadout for the sticky bombs. I plant them on Rubio's helicopter, and detonate after he takes off.

When I'm inside the compound, I shoot as little as possible, I try to pistol meelee the guards instead.

3 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

Possible extra loot should be about 500k per each further player, alone you should make about 1.5 million, so about 3 million with 4 players.

 

In some scenarios the sniper loadout is the best choice, but with silencers all work for stealth.

I would not fire the sniper inside the compound. Sniper bullets pierce your target, and while this is great to kill 2 guards in one shot, the bullet might hit a wall on the other side of the compound, and alert somebody.

With an assault rifle, you can line up 2 heads too, you just have to shoot twice.

I wouldn't use the shotgun. While they do the most damage in close quarters combat, they are not good for getting clean headshots at range.

Sniper is ideal for roaming the island without a guard disguise, so you can kill guards at range, especially those on the towers.

 

Edited by AirWolf359
Link to post
Share on other sites

@AirWolf359 Inside the compound I usually stab the guards, but the sniper loadout makes sense when you work your way through the island to the compound, e.g. when there is only guard disguise at the radio tower, I only use it in combination with southern drop zone landing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
NULL AND VOID

Just a reminder, if you choose the Velum as your entry vehicle: Stash your weapons in the hangar! You have to purchase this option under the 'support crew' tab. Cost is about 12k.

 

Have you already sourced you entry vehicle for the heist? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
VCPR Official
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NULL AND VOID said:

Just a reminder, if you choose the Velum as your entry vehicle: Stash your weapons in the hangar! You have to purchase this option under the 'support crew' tab. Cost is about 12k.

 

Have you already sourced you entry vehicle for the heist? :)

yea, I will go by air; need to do weaponry and weapon stash mission tho

btw @NULL AND VOID, we're choosing vehicle to entry and exit, am I right?

Edited by VCPR Official
Link to post
Share on other sites

All you need is a Longfin boat and either the Aggressor loadout or the Conspirator loadout. Aggressor is THE weapon for close combat in the compound and can destroy all enemies quickly, regardless of armour worn, meaning much less chance of an alarm going off. You'll only want the Conspirator loadout if you're approach is from further away. ie, Longfin jump into compound grounds, or using the sticky bomb to blow yourself up (only works on Normal mode and doesn't erase your Elite Challenge) and you spawn in the compound grounds. If you're going for the Elite as a solo, just go to the main docks first, grab what you need, then there are 2x Jeeps to steal or a Manchez further up the road. Best way to escape is shown below where you can leave the island in a matter of seconds.

 

Longfin jump into compound with Aggressor loadout:

 

Sticky Bomb EWO compound spawn with Conspirator loadout:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't get too hung up on the loot as if you're doing this alone or with one or two friends you will be absolutely swimming in gtabux in short order once you get familiar with it.   Most important thought should be how to get in and out quickly and how to get your preps done quickly. 


Do yourself a favor and go back to the island to scope out the drainage tunnel on the coast behind the compound (swim your character under water there until you see it).   Be sure you scope out the airfield thoroughly, both docks, and the southern drop zone area.  At some point you'll probably want to mix it up with approach vehicles for variety if nothing else and having all entry points scoped will give you more options.

 

If you commit yourself to doing this stealth you will not need to do the disruption preps an after you scope the underwater entrance you can grab a cutting torch in a prep which gets you in that route and also takes care of locked gates without worrying about scouting out bolt cutters every trip.  You can also ignore the sourcing explosives setup if you can use that entry point, find grappling hooks, or find the covered truck spawn and uniforms.

 

Best advice on figuring out stealth routes is to pay close attention to cameras and guards movement patterns.  A camera or guard spotting a corpse will blow your stealth.  There may be a bit of a learning curve here figuring out where and when it is safe to drop the goons.   You can disable all cameras on the main island up by the airport and in the compound you can shoot out all but one before alarm is raised (you will get a warning not to shoot any more).  Many can be ignored and walked around anyway, but you'll find a route that works for you.

 

I like the sniper loadout.  Mostly using the AP pistol for sneaky head shots, the sniper rifle is nice to pick off the goons up high and one or two parts where you can line up two guys heads for the twofer.   The guy with the minigun in the compound will go down with a headshot regardless of whether or not you do armor disruption and everybody will go down if you pistol whip them. 

 

Be patient while feeling this all out, have fun, and the money will take care of itself.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
VCPR Official
55 minutes ago, hispls said:

I wouldn't get too hung up on the loot as if you're doing this alone or with one or two friends you will be absolutely swimming in gtabux in short order once you get familiar with it.   Most important thought should be how to get in and out quickly and how to get your preps done quickly. 


Do yourself a favor and go back to the island to scope out the drainage tunnel on the coast behind the compound (swim your character under water there until you see it).   Be sure you scope out the airfield thoroughly, both docks, and the southern drop zone area.  At some point you'll probably want to mix it up with approach vehicles for variety if nothing else and having all entry points scoped will give you more options.

 

If you commit yourself to doing this stealth you will not need to do the disruption preps an after you scope the underwater entrance you can grab a cutting torch in a prep which gets you in that route and also takes care of locked gates without worrying about scouting out bolt cutters every trip.  You can also ignore the sourcing explosives setup if you can use that entry point, find grappling hooks, or find the covered truck spawn and uniforms.

 

Best advice on figuring out stealth routes is to pay close attention to cameras and guards movement patterns.  A camera or guard spotting a corpse will blow your stealth.  There may be a bit of a learning curve here figuring out where and when it is safe to drop the goons.   You can disable all cameras on the main island up by the airport and in the compound you can shoot out all but one before alarm is raised (you will get a warning not to shoot any more).  Many can be ignored and walked around anyway, but you'll find a route that works for you.

 

I like the sniper loadout.  Mostly using the AP pistol for sneaky head shots, the sniper rifle is nice to pick off the goons up high and one or two parts where you can line up two guys heads for the twofer.   The guy with the minigun in the compound will go down with a headshot regardless of whether or not you do armor disruption and everybody will go down if you pistol whip them. 

 

Be patient while feeling this all out, have fun, and the money will take care of itself.

Thanks for drainage tip, will do that next time; $1,17M from my first heist (not including bonuses) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NULL AND VOID
21 hours ago, VCPR Official said:

yea, I will go by air; need to do weaponry and weapon stash mission tho

btw @NULL AND VOID, we're choosing vehicle to entry and exit, am I right?

 

Entry vehicles are almost always different from the way you will leave the island. (90%)

 

Only the Kosatka can be used to enter AND exit Cayo Perico. All other vehicles magically disappear...

 

Ways to escape CP:

 

-Swim in any direction.

-Steal a boat of any kind of drive in any direction.

-Disable the air defences at the airstrip and use the Seaplane.

-Return to your Kosatka

 

That's all I can think of... Let us know how it goes. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
VCPR Official
1 minute ago, NULL AND VOID said:

 

That's all I can think of... Let us know how it goes. :)

ok:

>entered by speedboat
>got the disguise and truck
>go to residence
>go to front door
>goddamn explode them throwing whole plan to sh*t :kekw:
>after multiple restarts got the files and 1 picture
>got $1,17M (not including bonuses)

  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
NULL AND VOID
6 hours ago, VCPR Official said:

ok:

>entered by speedboat
>got the disguise and truck
>go to residence
>go to front door
>goddamn explode them throwing whole plan to sh*t :kekw:
>after multiple restarts got the files and 1 picture
>got $1,17M (not including bonuses)

 

Sounds like a masterpiece! Congratulations. 🎊 It gets better. 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be put off, give it another go!

The clever thing about CP is secondary loot and POI's change around on each run. Usually for me and I imagine it's the same for others you choose your approach based on what's around and what's convenient. If coke, uniforms and a truck are all at the airstrip it's a no brainer to choose the Velum as your approach vehicle. 

I would say however, don't put yourself out to waste time - e.g. you have enough secondary to fill your bags at the North Dock and uniforms are there BUT the guard truck is back at the airstrip, don't put yourself out to go and get the truck to then have to go back on yourself etc. (Obv do what you like, I'm just saying for a quick method)

 

That being said, sometimes you can just get really unlucky, uniforms aren't in any convenient place and truck can be somewhere where there's no secondary - use this opportunity to maybe choose the Stealth Annihilator approach - you get a bonus for using all the different vehicles.

On the other hand, you can get amazingly lucky - Once I had the pink diamond and 2 paintings in the office, Kosatka approach I was in and out within 5/6 minutes. (This was a few weeks ago during the 50% extra on hard mode) To say I was pleased is an understatement. 

 

Off topic SLIGHTLY, I'm surprised R* have made this as easy as they have. I mean, I would have thought the least they would do is force you to change your approach like they do with DCH. 
If you've just used the Longfin, story-wise El Rubio would cease all boats to the island - this would then force you to use something else. I'm fully aware I may have just jinxed us all but you know.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

i like using the longfin for versatility plus the pickup mission is pretty easy (especially if you buy a phantom wedge)

start at either dock and the compound or airstrip are just a short drive away you can even change your mind and decide to go to a different place instead

 

18 hours ago, Sam2150AD said:

Off topic SLIGHTLY, I'm surprised R* have made this as easy as they have. I mean, I would have thought the least they would do is force you to change your approach like they do with DCH. 
If you've just used the Longfin, story-wise El Rubio would cease all boats to the island - this would then force you to use something else. I'm fully aware I may have just jinxed us all but you know.

 

or make you change your compound entry say you did tunnel last time that will be unusable so you will have to go over the wall or through a gate instead

Edited by cybapete
fixed spacing
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cash 4 Clickbait
On 3/12/2021 at 6:29 AM, VCPR Official said:

Hello, I want to make my first heist and I have a questions:

1) how big is max loot per player? 

2) which weapon set is best for playing stealth? 

1. Dependant on what secondary targets you grab. From highest to lowest value; Gold > Cocaine > Art > Weed > Cash. The Primary Target & the rng'd $50k-$99k in El Rubio's office vault do NOT take up bag space.

2. Either Crack Shot (AP Pistol w/540 rounds, Sniper Rifle w/300 rounds, Knife & 5 Molotovs) or Conspirator (Pistol 50. w/270 rounds Military Rifle w/900 rounds, Knuckleduster & 5 Sticky Bombs). Use whatever you're comfy with, guards don't wear helmets even if you don't do the Armour Disruption prep, so as long as you put one bullet in their skull, they die.

 

The only deciding factor would be if you're grabbing your secondary targets before or after the compound. If after, then it'd be wise to use Conspirator, as you can place your 5 sticky bombs on the Valkyrie before it takes off. If you do this, you need to wait until it's fully in the air and is actually patrolling, since it's invincible before and during its takeoff phase. This is the only way to get Sticky Bombs without disabling the ATC and calling in a supply drop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cybapete said:

or make you change your compound entry say you did tunnel last time that will be unusable so you will have to go over the wall or through a gate instead

Exactly!

Usually it's 1 of 2 entry points for me. If the truck is readily available I'll take that but failing that then it's the drainage tunnel - I have used the grappling hook if one was nearby occasionally but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to pick one up even if I had scoped one out. But, if you were forced to, the scenario changes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After grabbing the primary loot, I usually try to exit the basement using one of the side gated doors. Sometimes I get the option to unlock it, but other times it says I don't have the key. This happens when I've already picked up two keys on the way in. Are those doors just random if you can unlock them or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Taterman said:

After grabbing the primary loot, I usually try to exit the basement using one of the side gated doors. Sometimes I get the option to unlock it, but other times it says I don't have the key. This happens when I've already picked up two keys on the way in. Are those doors just random if you can unlock them or not?

did you pick up keys or keyCARDS?

keycards are useless for solo player they are used to open the secondary loot doors for two players (there is a glitch that solo players can use to open them without the keycards)

to open the basement gates you need a gate key it's usually dropped by one of the elite guards (the ones with a red vision cone) 

Edited by cybapete
clarification
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cybapete said:

did you pick up keys or keyCARDS?

keycards are useless for solo player they are used to open the secondary loot doors for two players (there is a glitch that solo players can use to open them without the keycards)

to open the basement gates you need a gate key it's usually dropped by one of the elite guards (the ones with a red vision cone) 

 

Thanks. I never paid attention to if it was a key or keycard, if I saw a white arrow after killing a guard I just grabbed it. Never saw a message saying what it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taterman said:

 

Thanks. I never paid attention to if it was a key or keycard, if I saw a white arrow after killing a guard I just grabbed it. Never saw a message saying what it was.

 24:05 shows you which 5 guards have the gate keys to open the basement. These are the ONLY 5 guards. They are in close proximity to each other, so always kill these until you get it. Big time saver.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

 24:05 shows you which 5 guards have the gate keys to open the basement. These are the ONLY 5 guards. They are in close proximity to each other, so always kill these until you get it. Big time saver.

 

 

especially if you are in hard mode it cuts 4 fingerprint scans down to 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

 24:05 shows you which 5 guards have the gate keys to open the basement. These are the ONLY 5 guards. They are in close proximity to each other, so always kill these until you get it. Big time saver.

 

 

 

Cool, thank you. I must have gotten it by luck once or twice, and it was a huge time-saver, especially with the alarms going off. But now I know what to look for.

Edited by Taterman
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2021 at 7:49 PM, Taterman said:

After grabbing the primary loot, I usually try to exit the basement using one of the side gated doors. Sometimes I get the option to unlock it, but other times it says I don't have the key. This happens when I've already picked up two keys on the way in. Are those doors just random if you can unlock them or not?

 

I am a huge fan of the grappling hook, if I find no guard disguise I enter by drainage tunnel and leave with the grapplink hook where I usually enter, many grappling hook locations are close to the shore so you can drive there with the Longfin, pick it up and then drive to the drainage entry. With guard disguise I always (and only) kill the red guards except the juggernaut and so far everytime one of them dropped the gate key, however without guard disguise I prefer to escape by the wall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aquamaniac said:

 

I am a huge fan of the grappling hook, if I find no guard disguise I enter by drainage tunnel and leave with the grapplink hook where I usually enter, many grappling hook locations are close to the shore so you can drive there with the Longfin, pick it up and then drive to the drainage entry. With guard disguise I always (and only) kill the red guards except the juggernaut and so far everytime one of them dropped the gate key, however without guard disguise I prefer to escape by the wall.

 

I thought the guard disguises don't work in the compound?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Taterman said:

 

I thought the guard disguises don't work in the compound?

 

 

Only the red cone guards will recognize you, if you keept stealth inside you can easily walk out through the front door.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
VCPR Official

Ok, I'm doing another one and I must find one more entry point (got both helo points and docks, parachute, western Beach and airfield) 

Also, how to get underwater compound entry on map? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VCPR Official said:

Ok, I'm doing another one and I must find one more entry point (got both helo points and docks, parachute, western Beach and airfield) 

Also, how to get underwater compound entry on map? 

 

You just have to go to the drainage tunnel area south side of the compound. Not sure if you have to swim near it or just drive a boat by.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VCPR Official said:

Ok, I'm doing another one and I must find one more entry point (got both helo points and docks, parachute, western Beach and airfield) 

Also, how to get underwater compound entry on map? 

 

Go to to the seaside of the compound with a boat, there's a Dinghi around where there is the entry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 9:25 PM, AirWolf359 said:

 

Sniper is ideal for roaming the island without a guard disguise, so you can kill guards at range, especially those on the towers.

 

the thing i dislike about the sniper loadout is if you set off the alarm you are stuck with just the ap pistol to fight off guards and once you are in the compound how many long range shots will you be making anyway?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.