3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

I'm late to the party, but here is my take on the island

tyrantfour

Solo: Land in the north dock kill a few guards/cameras. Get 2 piles of coke. 448k in the bag. Get back in the boat and go to the south of the compound and go in through the drainage. Make your way to the office, open the hidden safe. 56k (usually). Forget the elevator. Open the gates to the basement. The finger print lock down there is easier. Collect the primary ( almost always tequila) 900k. Exit the compound through the front door, kill a few more guys and take the bike towards the main dock. Kill a few more and steal a boat and ride into the horizon. I take home 1.25 or 1.3 mil on average.

With 1 friend: go directly to the drainage tunnel with a boat. Make your way to the office, wall safe, primary via the gates ( ignoring the elevator fingerprint scanner again). Hit a few double key card rooms untill both bags are full. Exit the front door. Immediately turn to the right, stumble down off the cliff and swim away. Ignore the entirely of the island. Easy peasy. Not sure an average take home as I've only done this method once with uneven split in my favor. I took just over a mil, friend got 600k I believe. Definitely needs improvement. Try to take ONLY gold (secondary).

Some things I learned.

1. If you get busted, the enemies are seemingly unlimited. I got over 50 kills at the north dock and over 70 at the main dock. Kill yourself and restart.

2. The cutting powder is insanely effective. DO NOT skip this. On hard mode I had a guy run up to me and do nothing. They are worthless. Despite having said this, see number 1. Do not rely on anything but stealth to get you home alive and paid.

3. If you do the disrupt air support mission and miss just 2, it won't help. I missed 2 and still took down at least 12 choppers after getting busted (on hard). 

4. Disrupt: I took out all but the last shipment of armor (the boat, sparrow just wouldn't lock on as my time ran out). Most enemies still had armor, some did not on hard mode.

5. Disrupt: Killed 2 of the 3 arms dealers, and noticed no real difference on hard mode.

6. Learn to live with the tequila. I've got it a bunch of times just like everyone else.

7. I LOVE robbing El Rubio. Sneaking around and picking off guards from cover really brings me back to my rainbow six 3 days. Damn I miss that game. I could spend an hour or more stalking in complete silence solo. 

Add me if you wanna run it with me!

tyrantfour

Edited by tyrantfour
Added info.
  • Like 2
tyrantfour

Ok now THIS is weird. I started a new heist as soon as I was able following my last heist. I bypassed all the disrupt mission AND the cutting powder. I figured I'd be ok without it as I usually am. I get to the island in regular difficulty and got busted somehow. I kill a few guys thinking I'm just about to be killed myself (I'm not going alone!!) I take down 2 choppers, and to my surprise, there is no more! Even more surprisingly, the second pilot was a horrible pilot and comically couldn't control the chopper! I kill the enemies in the area and now, other than the siren, it's quiet. I'm still at full health. Eerily quiet. Ok so I drive to the airstrip and I find the guards still doing patrols with cones. 2 of them still chatting. Some of them have NO weapons!? All the while the siren it's deafening. What's going on? Is it glitched or are my previous disrupt missions still in effect? Maybe they just don't work on hard?

NULL AND VOID

Not much of a "review" or "take" on the island if you ask me. You just vomited all over the place with pretty basic information I'm afraid. 😥

I can see your enthuasism, but most of us here I guess have done the heists dozen of times, there is room for improvement in your tactics. Give the stealth heli approach a try as long as you enjoy the heist rather than to grind it only for money, it's a cool and underrated approach without much advantages though. 

23 hours ago, tyrantfour said:

Solo: Land in the north dock kill a few guards/cameras. Get 2 piles of coke. 448k in the bag. Get back in the boat and go to the south of the compound and go in through the drainage. Make your way to the office, open the hidden safe. 56k (usually). Forget the elevator. Open the gates to the basement. The finger print lock down there is easier. Collect the primary ( almost always tequila) 900k. Exit the compound through the front door, kill a few more guys and take the bike towards the main dock. Kill a few more and steal a boat and ride into the horizon. I take home 1.25 or 1.3 mil on average.

With 1 friend: go directly to the drainage tunnel with a boat. Make your way to the office, wall safe, primary via the gates ( ignoring the elevator fingerprint scanner again). Hit a few double key card rooms untill both bags are full. Exit the front door. Immediately turn to the right, stumble down off the cliff and swim away. Ignore the entirely of the island. Easy peasy. Not sure an average take home as I've only done this method once with uneven split in my favor. I took just over a mil, friend got 600k I believe. Definitely needs improvement. Try to take ONLY gold (secondary).

Some things I learned.

1. If you get busted, the enemies are seemingly unlimited. I got over 50 kills at the north dock and over 70 at the main dock. Kill yourself and restart.

2. The cutting powder is insanely effective. DO NOT skip this. On hard mode I had a guy run up to me and do nothing. They are worthless. Despite having said this, see number 1. Do not rely on anything but stealth to get you home alive and paid.

3. If you do the disrupt air support mission and miss just 2, it won't help. I missed 2 and still took down at least 12 choppers after getting busted (on hard). 

4. Disrupt: I took out all but the last shipment of armor (the boat, sparrow just wouldn't lock on as my time ran out). Most enemies still had armor, some did not on hard mode.

5. Disrupt: Killed 2 of the 3 arms dealers, and noticed no real difference on hard mode.

6. Learn to live with the tequila. I've got it a bunch of times just like everyone else.

7. I LOVE robbing El Rubio. Sneaking around and picking off guards from cover really brings me back to my rainbow six 3 days. Damn I miss that game. I could spend an hour or more stalking in complete silence solo. 

Add me if you wanna run it with me!

tyrantfour

I started writing corrections for this then deleted it as it was a waste of time, much like the OP. The heist has been out for nearly 90 days now so everyone should know the basics. Pretty much everything in the post has a better way of doing things.

• Like 2
Uncle Sikee Atric

giphy.gif

• KEKW 2