2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Homeless ped is self aware

BennyGod

Not sure if I'm the first one to post on this, but this San Fierro homeless ped has cardboard on his chest that says "God is playing this us." At first, he may seem like some crazy homeless guy. But you are the god in the world of San Andreas. Does he know he's in a game? Not only that, but it's in the San Andreas font. Guess I discovered a new myth.

1293719031_bomzh.jpg 

• Like 1

LeatherJacketSoldier
34 minutes ago, BennyGod said:

Not sure if I'm the first one to post on this, but this San Fierro homeless ped has cardboard on his chest that says "God is playing this us." At first, he may seem like some crazy homeless guy. But you are the god in the world of San Andreas. Does he know he's in a game? Not only that, but it's in the San Andreas font. Guess I discovered a new myth.

1293719031_bomzh.jpg 

Few pedestrians make references hinting they know they are fictional and that they are in a videogame, most of these references are pedestrian dialogues. Go around the map and pay special attention at what other pedestrians say, or search a bit on the subject on the web.

Edited by LeatherJacketSoldier

23 minutes ago, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

Few pedestrians make references hinting they know they are fictional and that they are in a videogame, most of these references are pedestrian dialogues. Go around the map and pay special attention at what other pedestrians say, or search a bit on the subject on the web.

Can you give me some other examples? Never really paid attention to pedestrian dialogue. 

LeatherJacketSoldier
2 hours ago, BennyGod said:

Can you give me some other examples? Never really paid attention to pedestrian dialogue. 

Check this page: "https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Pedestrians"

There says, in the trivia, 3D Universe section, eighth point (not counting sub-points), that at least one pedestrian is self-aware. The pedestrian was last seen at Ocean Docks, but possibly there are a set of dialogue lines given to random pedestrians, and triggering too rarely, so it's too difficult to track which is the self-aware pedestrian (in case there's only one).

49 minutes ago, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

Check this page: "https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Pedestrians"

There says, in the trivia, 3D Universe section, eighth point (not counting sub-points), that at least one pedestrian is self-aware. The pedestrian was last seen at Ocean Docks, but possibly there are a set of dialogue lines given to random pedestrians, and triggering too rarely, so it's too difficult to track which is the self-aware pedestrian (in case there's only one).

I think that's just BS, it gives pretty vague information and sounds like a made up myth.

7 hours ago, BennyGod said:

There's various examples of NPC's self aware of being in a game. It's been referenced other times in V's NPC aswell.

This female SA NPC yells out "This isn't a game!!!" when CJ or another NPC crashes into her car.  Pretty self explanatory. 

u210F8z.jpg

There's other NPC's aswell but you have to have a good ear to catch them at the right time.

• Like 2

LeatherJacketSoldier
4 hours ago, BennyGod said:

I think that's just BS

mike-wazowski-con-cara-de-sullivan015788

A'ight, a'ight, next time I play the first thing I'm gonna do is go all the way to Ocean Docks and find out for myself. When I find such pedestrian, I'll take a screenshot and post it here, so others can verify if the dialogue is said always by that pedestrian or if it's in fact a set of dialogue lines given to random pedestrians. But I'll be kinda busy for the next few weeks, so if anyone's in the mood to check out the self-aware pedestrian at Ocean Docks, then do it and post a screenshot of who the pedestrian is.

This was on the SA easter eggs page on one of my favourite sites before I even unlocked SF, but well done for finding it out yourself.

Just think how amazing this is that people are still finding the new stuff in the game for themselves! It's so cool.

• 2 months later...
On 3/1/2021 at 2:48 AM, BennyGod said:

1293719031_bomzh.jpg 

sorry but, the sky looks beautiful. what sky mod are you using?

50 minutes ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

sorry but, the sky looks beautiful. what sky mod are you using?

Sorry, not my screenshot.

vcfan1991

I have never seen that ped before.

On 3/1/2021 at 6:48 AM, BennyGod said:

1293719031_bomzh.jpg 

I have never seen this ped before and I've been playing since 2004. 

I'm inclined to believe this is fake because if I seen this in-game I would've taken a closer look and noticed. Am I blind and unaware or is this a ped mod?

6 hours ago, vcfan1991 said:

I have never seen that ped before.

I have never seen this ped before and I've been playing since 2004. 

I'm inclined to believe this is fake because if I seen this in-game I would've taken a closer look and noticed. Am I blind and unaware or is this a ped mod?

He seems to only spawn in San Fierro, more specifically in the southern areas, and is kind of rare. I believe I've seen him in vigilante as well.

He does spawn in vehicle as well as many other pedestrian models, even girlfriends.

During my vehicle collection process, i stumbled upon the same ped, decided to use the "recruit anyone cheat".

It's a fun way of playing around with some of the rare peds, but the criminal "AI" that's scripted (due to vigilante) makes them go haywire and attacking other peds randomly after you recruited them. :kekw:

Lemoyne outlaw

i hope its okay to post this here. and even though its not about san andreas. its still from rockstar. so in red dead redemption 2 there is a mad preacher that you can meet. and this video explains his story and how he is self aware. just like this pedestrian you are all talking about. this is not my video. but it is a great one. i recommend watching it.

• Like 1