4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

One Thing Everyone's Overlooking About GTA VI

PsyWarVeteran

Just now, Ryz 92 said:

It would be really different than Mafia 1 remake of course,first of all it would include Jewish Mob,following Red Dead's gameplay structures,but also  having a great open world map from NYC to Buffalo.Jump from one myth to other similar like how Red Dead made us feel like gunslingers.

yeah, a 20s/40s NYC with Upstate game would be nice.

although me personally, I don't really care too much about the 20's/30's/40's.

I really want a 70s/80s open world game these days, Mafia 4 and GTA VI can't come out any sooner...

San Fierro and Las Venturas would be the best! Here's one Katmer for you (hopefully we can eat one in VI).

katmer-tarifi3684456455f8f2b192a1e7.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ryz 92 said:

Mafia III's story is really good,even though i don't think it's really a mafia game,but execution is terrible,game would be remarkable if missions were good,AI and physics weren't ass.

This is why i want a new Red Dead game taking place in 20's to 40's heavily influenced by Once Upon a Time in America.I really like to have a grounded mafia game with Red Dead physics and storytelling.

This. The lack of modern AAA open world games set in the 20th century these days is honestly dissapointing, not to say shocking. As a sucker for everything that happened between the 1920's, up to the 1980's, is frustranting how come nobody in the gaming industry is trying something related. I think Mafia II was the closest thing we could've ever had to a big, immersive "Rockstar-esque" experience set in those days, but we all know what happened with it.

Edited by The Tracker
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Ryz 92 said:

I meant if they take  on entire West coast of US when i said San Francisco and Seattle and San Francisco is closer to Hawaii than most US cities so i don't understand what you meant?

This doesn't make sense but Miami and Rio makes sense?Okay then.

Since when did I say Rio? I may want Miami for the next GTA but unlike other people I want a realistic Miami map. 

Hawaii and San Francisco are nowhere near each other and would make no sense at all. When I think of San Francisco I don't think of Hawaii.

20 hours ago, The Tracker said:

This. The lack of modern AAA open world games set in the 20th century these days is honestly dissapointing, not to say shocking. As a sucker for everything that happened between the 1920's, up to the 1980's, is frustranting how come nobody in the gaming industry is trying something related. I think Mafia II was the closest thing we could've ever had to a big, immersive "Rockstar-esque" experience set in those days, but we all know what happened with it.

exactly.

Mafia is really our only hope into making these types of games, and of course the the rumored GTA VI.

I am assuming that the Mafia series is set to tackle each decade with each installment. (Mafia 5 = 80s, Mafia 6 = 90s)

hopefully the next 3 games can be a story connected with each other that can be in 3 parts, similar to how The Godfather movies are 3 separate movies in 3 separate decades.

different settings of course.

I can't remember the last game I played that was a true "continuation" of the last, it would suit Mafia the best.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:08 AM, PsyWarVeteran said:

Development studios, especially the ones responsible for huge moneymakers like GTA series, doesn't wait for the latest game's success to dry out and sales to dwindle to start working on a sequel. The new game will surely sell, so they start ahead of schedule. What that means is while GTA V was still in late development, work on VI had undoubtedly started already. Because of this, the developers are not able to get feedback from their latest game by the time they start and they can't scrap the hard work they have done after some time, leaving them the only choice of continuing the already started project.

The point is, if you were R* what would be the logical continuation you would have chosen for the series? V takes place in Los Santos but there are still two major areas / cities that make up San Andreas, San Fierro and Las Venturas. It is very plausible for GTA VI to take place in San Andreas again, but this time the two unvisited parts of the map taking focus instead of Los Santos. It is more logical to complete a map in two games rather than leaving the HD universe variant of San Andreas incomplete and moving onto a new city. Development-wise, it would also be easier and more profitable to build on the assets of V's San Andreas instead of creating all new and completely different ones for a tropical Vice City setting for example. 

Sure, most people are hoping the new location to be Vice City, but it is quite possible that R* has already passed the point of no return, they can't scrap what they already have and the new GTA might take us to San Andreas one more time.

While I would favour a Californian or Las Vegas setting over Miami or New York I cant imagine that they would do that, the map would end up to similar to V.

7 hours ago, Zello said:

Since when did I say Rio? I may want Miami for the next GTA but unlike other people I want a realistic Miami map. 

Hawaii and San Francisco are nowhere near each other and would make no sense at all. When I think of San Francisco I don't think of Hawaii.

Oh of course you didn't say that,i mean the guys who hear about The Know's supposed leak and think they will do Rio with Miami instead of something like Havana,Nassau,Medellín.I can't even imagine them doing that.

I'm positive nobody thinks of Hawaii when they think of Francisco,but it could work as an offshore location if game's set in San Francisco-Las Vegas,as the third city of course.(Something I throw from my head as something different rather than same setting which everyone thinks)

I want Miami also as i mentioned before.I want a realistic take in Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach,from the Fort Myers,Cope Coral and Lake Okeechobee,to the Key West,maybe with some Caribbean islands or a Central/South American location.

Edited by Ryz 92

29 minutes ago, testarossa 86 said:

exactly.

Mafia is really our only hope into making these types of games, and of course the the rumored GTA VI.

I am assuming that the Mafia series is set to tackle each decade with each installment. (Mafia 5 = 80s, Mafia 6 = 90s)

hopefully the next 3 games can be a story connected with each other that can be in 3 parts, similar to how The Godfather movies are 3 separate movies in 3 separate decades.

different settings of course.

I can't remember the last game I played that was a true "continuation" of the last, it would suit Mafia the best.

The problem with Mafia is that the franchise never comes to its full potential, every release ends up being rushed and with a considerable amount of content cut, just look at the original vision of Mafia 2. Mafia 2 was meant to be an actual open world game, with a very long story and tons of open world features, but all of this got scrapped by Take Two months before release, it was a going to be a completely different game than what we got, the Czech studio planned it to be an ambitious experience that practically took you back to live in the 1950's, but it ended up being a short linear game with a background city.

What that means is while GTA V was still in late development, work on VI had undoubtedly started already

I doubt that. if you are on crunch time trying to finish and release GTA5 and at the same time work on RDR2 already started I dont see them already working on the next GTA. also at that point there is still work to be done with GTAO and getting GTA5 on PC. maybe Dan started writting the script for GTA6 at that point. maybe. but thats all. 

if you were R* what would be the logical continuation you would have chosen for the series?

this was discussed not that long ago here in one of the threads so Ill just quote something here 

if you look at San Andreas – ultra acclaimed, ultra successful, the best-selling PS2 game ever. What would be the logical step for the series? To continue following in SA's footsteps, right? But no, they instead make GTA IV, a game that's a complete antithesis of SA in practically every way possible

R does what they feel like doing next. not whats a logical continuation. I hope its still like that with them because I dont want the next GTA to be in California. tired of LA or anything San Andreas related. 

Edited by Schwartzxz
  • Like 3

Eh, Mafia III is not really a good Mafia game, and it could get boring for some, but to be honest - it's a great sandbox set in 1960's! 

You can play the game however you want and you can really feel the atmosphere! 

Mafia series was a mess, but now, with the remake and remasters - it creates an amazing trilogy. 

Edited by Americana

18 minutes ago, RenegadeAngel said:

aside from all the repetitive property damage missions you have to get through to unlock the main story mission and then repeat the whole thing a bunch of times in the other districts

This is the fatal flaw that killed Mafia 3 for me. The fact that you have to endure the repetitive bullsh*t to get to the meat of the game is just plain bad design.

Mafia 3 had a solid script, characters and mechanics but boy did they royally f*ck up the design. 

Thomas Cavendish

if it is gonna be in Miami, people will complain.
if it is gonna be in San Francisco, people will complain.
if it is gonna be in Las Vegas, people will complain.
if it is gonna be in Chicago, people will complain.
if it is gonna be in Mexico, people will complain.
if it is gonna be in Tokyo, people will complain.
if it is gonna be in Rio, people will complain.
if it is gonna be in Miami-San Francisco-Las Vegas-Chicago-Mexico-Tokyo-Rio, people will complain.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

I cant see that happening. Any chance of exploring other cities in SA would have happened in GTA5/GTAO.

GTA VI will almost definitely be a new city as the main part of the map, but its possible that there could be other cities involved. Ideally though, im hoping that in GTA VI you can explore other cities freely, but I dont think the hardware is good enough for this gen yet to do all that

22 hours ago, RenegadeAngel said:

How's it any different from Mafia and Mafia 2's open world aside from all the repetitive property damage missions you have to get through to unlock the main story mission and then repeat the whole thing a bunch of times in the other districts? The world offers nothing more. I'd much rather prefer it to be a 9/10-hour linear game, with the city serving as an impressive, atmospheric background like it used to be, than whatever they came up with.

It's not, just like Mafia is a great 1930's sandbox and Mafia II is a great 1940's/1950's sandbox. I don't need stupid side-missions to have fun. 

Edited by Americana

On 2/27/2021 at 6:21 AM, Ryz 92 said:

Mafia III's story is really good,even though i don't think it's really a mafia game,but execution is terrible,game would be remarkable if missions were good,AI and physics weren't ass.

This is why i want a new Red Dead game taking place in 20's to 40's heavily influenced by Once Upon a Time in America.I really like to have a grounded mafia game with Red Dead physics and storytelling.

I'm gonna have to disagree whenever it comes to setting Red Dead after RDR 1's epilogue. 

The game is meant to be a wild western, you know? Horses, revolvers, small towns. What you're wanting would effectively kill Red Dead as a franchise. Rockstar could always start a new franchise that touches on the 1920-1940's.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rjmthe2nd said:

I'm gonna have to disagree whenever it comes to setting Red Dead after RDR 1's epilogue. 

The game is meant to be a wild western, you know? Horses, revolvers, small towns. What you're wanting would effectively kill Red Dead as a franchise. Rockstar could always start a new franchise that touches on the 1920-1940's.

Obviously that's not what i meant,if you ever watched Leone's Once Upon a Time Trilogy,first two movies focus on wild west,third movie however jumps to another myth which is obviously mobs.

It doesn't have to be Red Dead Sequel,it's not "Red Dead Redemption",it could be called "Red Dead ......" etc,not Red Dead Redemption 3.

7 hours ago, Ryz 92 said:

Obviously that's not what i meant,if you ever watched Leone's Once Upon a Time Trilogy,first two movies focus on wild west,third movie however jumps to another myth which is obviously mobs.

It doesn't have to be Red Dead Sequel,it's not "Red Dead Redemption",it could be called "Red Dead ......" etc,not Red Dead Redemption 3.

The "Red Dead" franchise is entirely a wild western, before redemption there was Revolver....which is a western.

Your idea would be great for a new franchise, I don't get why people think ruining a franchise that's built off of being a cowboy / outlaw is a smart move by jumping into the 20s, 30s, 40s etc. It's just an overall trash idea FOR the Red Dead series 

1 minute ago, rjmthe2nd said:

The "Red Dead" franchise is entirely a wild western, before redemption there was Revolver....which is a western.

Your idea would be great for a new franchise, I don't get why people think ruining a franchise that's built off of being a cowboy / outlaw is a smart move by jumping into the 20s, 30s, 40s etc. It's just an overall trash idea FOR the Red Dead series 

You can never be sure,and if it's entirely wild  western,it would make sense  for it to take place mid/early 19th century,i'm just saying red dead mechanics should be built on that kind of game,and "trash opinion" for who'm i might ask?It should be a spin-off game also,not RDR 3 of course.

• KEKW 2

There was this western game... Call of Juarez. One of the games in the franchise was set in modern times, for some reason. It was a flop, of course.

Think like this,you  make games every 5-6 years,GTA and RDR are the most profitable IP's of yours,would you rather call game Red Dead:"   " or entirely new IP?That's pretty obvious.

2 minutes ago, Ryz 92 said:

You can never be sure,and if it's entirely wild  western,it would make sense  for it to take place mid/early 19th century,i'm just saying red dead mechanics should be built on that kind of game,and "trash opinion" for who'm i might ask?It should be a spin-off game also,not RDR 3 of course.

Not trash opinion, just a trash idea for a Red Dead game. Anyone with sense will agree.

that's like saying GTA VI should take place in the prehistoric times and should be looked at as a spin-off. Why use the GTA name then? Why not just make a new IP that focuses on prehistoric times? 

I'd rather not have a new RDR if that's even an idea, and TBH I don't think Rockstar will make another Red Dead unless Dan Houser returns.

7 minutes ago, Americana said:

There was this western game... Call of Juarez. One of the games in the franchise was set in modern times, for some reason. It was a flop, of course.

I'm sayin 20's to 40's and you refer Call of Juarez:Cartel

4 minutes ago, rjmthe2nd said:

Not trash opinion, just a trash idea for a Red Dead game. Anyone with sense will agree.

that's like saying GTA VI should take place in the prehistoric times and should be looked at as a spin-off. Why use the GTA name then? Why not just make a new IP that focuses on prehistoric times? 

I'd rather not have a new RDR if that's even an idea, and TBH I don't think Rockstar will make another Red Dead unless Dan Houser returns.

Well,early mobsters are continuation of gunslingers,that's why i said that,anyone with brain who watched Leone's movies would get it.

Edited by Ryz 92

4 minutes ago, Ryz 92 said:

Think like this,you  make games every 5-6 years,GTA and RDR are the most profitable IP's of yours,would you rather call game Red Dead:"   " or entirely new IP?That's pretty obvious.

Rockstar could make a new IP and it'd print money as long as it's open world.

I mean - there's no reason to change Red Dead into a mafia game, I think. I guess that Red Dead fans love this game because it's set in 1800's / 1900's.

I'm a huge Mafia franchise fan, and I would hate this franchise turning into something completely different.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 11:08 PM, PsyWarVeteran said:

Development studios, especially the ones responsible for huge moneymakers like GTA series, doesn't wait for the latest game's success to dry out and sales to dwindle to start working on a sequel. The new game will surely sell, so they start ahead of schedule. What that means is while GTA V was still in late development, work on VI had undoubtedly started already. Because of this, the developers are not able to get feedback from their latest game by the time they start and they can't scrap the hard work they have done after some time, leaving them the only choice of continuing the already started project.

The point is, if you were R* what would be the logical continuation you would have chosen for the series? V takes place in Los Santos but there are still two major areas / cities that make up San Andreas, San Fierro and Las Venturas. It is very plausible for GTA VI to take place in San Andreas again, but this time the two unvisited parts of the map taking focus instead of Los Santos. It is more logical to complete a map in two games rather than leaving the HD universe variant of San Andreas incomplete and moving onto a new city. Development-wise, it would also be easier and more profitable to build on the assets of V's San Andreas instead of creating all new and completely different ones for a tropical Vice City setting for example. 

Sure, most people are hoping the new location to be Vice City, but it is quite possible that R* has already passed the point of no return, they can't scrap what they already have and the new GTA might take us to San Andreas one more time.

I’d be totally cool if the next gta was San Andreas part 2 if it was the entire state and it was done right, the way gta 5 should’ve been done. They could take full advantage of the power of the new generation of consoles - it could be the best gta in history.

On 2/24/2021 at 11:08 PM, PsyWarVeteran said:

I’d be totally cool if the next gta was San Andreas part 2 if it was the entire state and it was done right, the way gta 5 should’ve been done. They could take full advantage of the power of the new generation of consoles - it could be the best gta in history.

On 3/3/2021 at 2:38 PM, Ryz 92 said:

Well,early mobsters are continuation of gunslingers,that's why i said that,anyone with brain who watched Leone's movies would get it.

When I think of the Mafia I don't think of mobsters on horseback.

Also the Mafia was mainly concentrated in large cities on the east coast and the Midwest. Not small western towns like RDR even though the first reports of Mafia activity came from New Orleans in the 1890s RDR2 showed us that a bit and I think that should be it for Mafia involvement in RDR anything more than that would ruin it. Making RDR focus on the Mafia in the 1920s and so on is a terrible idea.

Edited by Zello

1 hour ago, Zello said:

When I think of the Mafia I don't think of mobsters on horseback.

Also the Mafia was mainly concentrated in large cities on the east coast and the Midwest. Not small western towns like RDR even though the first reports of Mafia activity came from New Orleans in the 1890s RDR2 showed us that a bit and I think that should be it for Mafia involvement in RDR anything more than that would ruin it. Making RDR focus on the Mafia in the 1920s and so on is a terrible idea.

It could be another IP or spin-off,i don't care,i want RDR3 to take place in pinnacle of Wild West,I want Rockstar to make the mafia game in 20's to 40's with RDR core mechanics and gameplay,that's all.

Also main reason is I want it to be set in RDs universe,you get the point.