3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico Gold spawn

Pankypops

What are the maximum number of Gold piles that can spawn? I've seen a couple of videos and claims which state that they've gotten 5 and even 6 piles of Gold but the credibility of them is doubtful and could have been due to modding/hacking.

I personally have only gotten a maximum of 4 with a minimum of 1 or 2 gold, all of which are uncommon (most common being 3).

• Like 1

5 in one of mine, saw 6 in someone else's.

FRfTYbR.jpg

(coincidentally the one I used for the Scopin Out award or wotnot)

Edited by Gridl0k
3 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

5 in one of mine, saw 6 in someone else's.

FRfTYbR.jpg

(coincidentally the one I used for the Scopin Out award or wotnot)

What are the odds of 5 or 6 appearing usually? I played around 50 CP heists (mine + friends grind cycling) and only got 4 piles around 7-8 times.

• Like 1

I haven't seen 5 since, let alone 6, so low. Someone posted the RNG numbers so I guess you could work it out, I forget where.

3 hours ago, Pankypops said:

What are the maximum number of Gold piles that can spawn? I've seen a couple of videos and claims which state that they've gotten 5 and even 6 piles of Gold but the credibility of them is doubtful and could have been due to modding/hacking.

I personally have only gotten a maximum of 4 with a minimum of 1 or 2 gold, all of which are uncommon (most common being 3).

6 is the maximum. I've had 5 quite a few times and was trying so hard to get Pink Diamond with 6 gold on Hard mode during the +50% the other week, but best I managed was 5 gold that time.

Aren't there 8 locations where it could appear in the compound? Two in each of the lockups plus 2 underground? 

The chance of Gold spawning at each location is exactly the same as one another, with a value of 0.5. Coincidentally, that's the exact same as cash, so the chances of both Gold or Cash in any of those 8 locations is the same (50%), as Cocaine and Weed are currently disabled for inside the compound. 

• Like 1
Jimbatron
8 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

Aren't there 8 locations where it could appear in the compound? Two in each of the lockups plus 2 underground? 

The chance of Gold spawning at each location is exactly the same as one another, with a value of 0.5. Coincidentally, that's the exact same as cash, so the chances of both Gold or Cash in any of those 8 locations is the same (50%), as Cocaine and Weed are currently disabled for inside the compound. 

There are 8 locations but alway some of them will be empty. Are there always exactly six gold/cash piles? I have never seen more? I think I saw an instance of only 5 piles once but it could be my memory playing tricks on me.

At any rate, if there are always six loot piles it’s a 50/50 chance of gold, there would be a 1.56% chance of all of them being gold (or all cash for that matter). Observationally though cash seems to crop up more often for me.

Edited by Jimbatron
  • Like 2

I've been unlucky enough to have only 3 secondary loot locations in the entire compound - excluding artwork, where there were two of those. 

I'm a lucky one who has had 6 gold in the compound. I have a screenshot on my PS4 and haven't gotten around to downloading it. I would say the odds are very VERY low to get 6 gold. Normally I only get 2 gold and sometimes just 1. I feel like the 6 gold was making up for the bad luck I normally have.

Jimbatron
3 hours ago, Gaffa said:

I've been unlucky enough to have only 3 secondary loot locations in the entire compound - excluding artwork, where there were two of those. 

Ouch, it sounds like the probability if 6 Gold will therefore be a fair bit less than 1 in 100, depends what the probability is of getting six loot piles (or more if that's a possibility).

hispls

I recently saw 5 gold in the compound (I never bother with targets outside).  That plus the diamond was a good share with me and 2 friends. 

Secondary loot spawns seem completely random.  Very probably each possible location rolls for treasure with some percent chance for either nothing or one of the options.  So I'd suggest it is likely possible for every single possible location on the island to spawn gold all at one time, but incredibly improbable.