2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico Gold spawn

What are the maximum number of Gold piles that can spawn? I've seen a couple of videos and claims which state that they've gotten 5 and even 6 piles of Gold but the credibility of them is doubtful and could have been due to modding/hacking.

I personally have only gotten a maximum of 4 with a minimum of 1 or 2 gold, all of which are uncommon (most common being 3).

5 in one of mine, saw 6 in someone else's.

FRfTYbR.jpg

(coincidentally the one I used for the Scopin Out award or wotnot)

Edited by Gridl0k
3 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

5 in one of mine, saw 6 in someone else's.

FRfTYbR.jpg

(coincidentally the one I used for the Scopin Out award or wotnot)

What are the odds of 5 or 6 appearing usually? I played around 50 CP heists (mine + friends grind cycling) and only got 4 piles around 7-8 times.

I haven't seen 5 since, let alone 6, so low. Someone posted the RNG numbers so I guess you could work it out, I forget where.

3 hours ago, Pankypops said:

What are the maximum number of Gold piles that can spawn? I've seen a couple of videos and claims which state that they've gotten 5 and even 6 piles of Gold but the credibility of them is doubtful and could have been due to modding/hacking.

I personally have only gotten a maximum of 4 with a minimum of 1 or 2 gold, all of which are uncommon (most common being 3).

6 is the maximum. I've had 5 quite a few times and was trying so hard to get Pink Diamond with 6 gold on Hard mode during the +50% the other week, but best I managed was 5 gold that time.

Aren't there 8 locations where it could appear in the compound? Two in each of the lockups plus 2 underground? 

The chance of Gold spawning at each location is exactly the same as one another, with a value of 0.5. Coincidentally, that's the exact same as cash, so the chances of both Gold or Cash in any of those 8 locations is the same (50%), as Cocaine and Weed are currently disabled for inside the compound. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

Aren't there 8 locations where it could appear in the compound? Two in each of the lockups plus 2 underground? 

The chance of Gold spawning at each location is exactly the same as one another, with a value of 0.5. Coincidentally, that's the exact same as cash, so the chances of both Gold or Cash in any of those 8 locations is the same (50%), as Cocaine and Weed are currently disabled for inside the compound. 

There are 8 locations but alway some of them will be empty. Are there always exactly six gold/cash piles? I have never seen more? I think I saw an instance of only 5 piles once but it could be my memory playing tricks on me.

At any rate, if there are always six loot piles it’s a 50/50 chance of gold, there would be a 1.56% chance of all of them being gold (or all cash for that matter). Observationally though cash seems to crop up more often for me.

Edited by Jimbatron
  • Like 2

I've been unlucky enough to have only 3 secondary loot locations in the entire compound - excluding artwork, where there were two of those. 

I'm a lucky one who has had 6 gold in the compound. I have a screenshot on my PS4 and haven't gotten around to downloading it. I would say the odds are very VERY low to get 6 gold. Normally I only get 2 gold and sometimes just 1. I feel like the 6 gold was making up for the bad luck I normally have.

3 hours ago, Gaffa said:

I've been unlucky enough to have only 3 secondary loot locations in the entire compound - excluding artwork, where there were two of those. 

Ouch, it sounds like the probability if 6 Gold will therefore be a fair bit less than 1 in 100, depends what the probability is of getting six loot piles (or more if that's a possibility).

I recently saw 5 gold in the compound (I never bother with targets outside).  That plus the diamond was a good share with me and 2 friends. 

Secondary loot spawns seem completely random.  Very probably each possible location rolls for treasure with some percent chance for either nothing or one of the options.  So I'd suggest it is likely possible for every single possible location on the island to spawn gold all at one time, but incredibly improbable.

On 2/23/2021 at 6:38 PM, Gaffa said:

Having 8 locations does not mean that the game has been programmed for gold to spawn at all of them. It would be pointless anyway. The maximum you need for all 4 players to get full loot bags of gold is 6. 1.5 gold for each person. The maximum is 6 gold in the compound.

Lots of people claiming they know the odds of spawns yet none have shown any evidence for this.

6 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

Having 8 locations does not mean that the game has been programmed for gold to spawn at all of them. It would be pointless anyway. The maximum you need for all 4 players to get full loot bags of gold is 6. 1.5 gold for each person. The maximum is 6 gold in the compound.

Lots of people claiming they know the odds of spawns yet none have shown any evidence for this.

I don't know what to tell you other than "the game has been programmed for there to be a chance of gold spawning at all of them". 

As for proof - how would seeing a load of numbers in the game's memory, pulled from Cheat Engine, actually be proof?
It could be for anything if I did that, I could even dress it up to suit whatever agenda but only the people who are used to seeing this data (particularly via the game's memory and not some script or something, as the former will be accurate, real time data versus the script which might have been changed via an in-game thing like a stat change or server sided tunable setting). 

If you want me to make a video changing the values of the odds of cash from 0.5 to 0 and then all the gold odds 9999 or something, forget it! 

Edited by Gaffa
13 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

I don't know what to tell you other than "the game has been programmed for there to be a chance of gold spawning at all of them". 

As for proof - how would seeing a load of numbers in the game's memory, pulled from Cheat Engine, actually be proof?
It could be for anything if I did that, I could even dress it up to suit whatever agenda but only the people who are used to seeing this data (particularly via the game's memory and not some script or something, as the former will be accurate, real time data versus the script which might have been changed via an in-game thing like a stat change or server sided tunable setting). 

If you want me to make a video changing the values of the odds of cash from 0.5 to 0 and then all the gold odds 9999 or something, forget it! 

Weird how you've taken this so personally. Bad day at the office?

In the words of Christopher Hitchens, that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

If these are just 'a load of numbers' then how can you even claim to understand them while in the same breath saying you can't?

I don't want anyone to dress it up, I just want someone to demonstrate their claims. Nobody has had more than 6 gold spawns because it's apparent that gold spawns will be limited, as explained why earlier.

23 minutes ago, BeatsDown said:

Weird how you've taken this so personally. Bad day at the office?

In the words of Christopher Hitchens, that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

If these are just 'a load of numbers' then how can you even claim to understand them while in the same breath saying you can't?

I don't want anyone to dress it up, I just want someone to demonstrate their claims. Nobody has had more than 6 gold spawns because it's apparent that gold spawns will be limited, as explained why earlier.

Not sure how you construed that as "taking it personally" - you asked, I answered. 

You've got me confused. I understand the numbers. I can even change the values of the numbers, see what they do in the game, and then report back with my findings - which is what I usually do as then it's not just "oh look this number must be relevant", it's actually tested. 
But most other people - including yourself - wouldn't. And then there'd be a load of other values around the relevant data which would likely confuse people anyway. 

Re: the last point... I'm on PC so people could think I just set the gold to spawn in all the locations rather than changing the % chance of them spawning, which are tunables anyway. Cash and cocaine are currently disabled in the Compound but again, I could enable them both by applying a value to them. 

38 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

Not sure how you construed that as "taking it personally" - you asked, I answered. 

You've got me confused. I understand the numbers. I can even change the values of the numbers, see what they do in the game, and then report back with my findings - which is what I usually do as then it's not just "oh look this number must be relevant", it's actually tested. 
But most other people - including yourself - wouldn't. And then there'd be a load of other values around the relevant data which would likely confuse people anyway. 

Re: the last point... I'm on PC so people could think I just set the gold to spawn in all the locations rather than changing the % chance of them spawning, which are tunables anyway. Cash and cocaine are currently disabled in the Compound but again, I could enable them both by applying a value to them. 

So looking through the original code, did R* have it so 6 gold in the compound was the maximum?

Also, cocaine was never spawning in the compound anyway.

10 minutes ago, BeatsDown said:

So looking through the original code, did R* have it so 6 gold in the compound was the maximum?

Also, cocaine was never spawning in the compound anyway.

Yeah I can imagine Cocaine and Weed would look totally out of place in the compound, but the thing I was getting at is it's possible for it to spawn, and if Rockstar wanted to do a "drug week" or something where they disable Cash and Gold, and simultaneously do a 2x $ and RP on Biker Business sales or whatever, I guess it could make sense then. I dunno. 

I can't really see about that 6 gold in compound originally thing. 
All I can see from the memory values in the game is 8 different "places in game memory for there to be a value applied", and this is repeated 3 times, so a total of 4 x 8 values (32 in total). 
At the top of the list is the Cash, tested by disabling the Gold values (0.5 set to 0), after that is probably Weed, then probably Cocaine and finally Gold. 

Now, there COULD be some code or something in a script which says "hey, always make sure at least 1 of those locations doesn't have any loot in it" but I wouldn't be the person to ascertain that as my ability to decipher the written game code from the internal scripts would require me to have an understanding of C++ coding - or whatever language it's written in. All I can do is see the data, attempt to manipulate that data in realtime mid-game, and come up with the results. 

I could do some more testing and see what happens but I can't say when that would be right now sorry. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 8:07 PM, Gaffa said:

Now, there COULD be some code or something in a script which says "hey, always make sure at least 1 of those locations doesn't have any loot in it" but I wouldn't be the person to ascertain that as my ability to decipher the written game code from the internal scripts would require me to have an understanding of C++ coding - or whatever language it's written in. All I can do is see the data, attempt to manipulate that data in realtime mid-game, and come up with the results. 

Yes, there's RNG involved that sets the max amount of available locations with loot.

It can range from 5 to 6 locations for the compound and from 17 to 20 for the island.

Spoiler

Here are the variables, in case you're interested

Global_262145.f_29015 = 17; //Min - Island
	Global_262145.f_29016 = 21; //Max - Island
	Global_262145.f_29017 = 5; //Min - Compound
	Global_262145.f_29018 = 7; //Max - Compound
	Global_262145.f_29019 = 1; //Min - Paintings
	Global_262145.f_29020 = 3; //Max - Paintings

• Like 3
NULL AND VOID

I had the sickest 5 gold setup in the compound... Attempted to host with randoms and failed. Crying shame I tell ya...

Anyway.. Still waiting on the day I can have 6 golds in the compound!!! Inevitably I'll host it solo but I STILL WANNA SEE IT. 😆

23 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Yes, there's RNG involved that sets the max amount of available locations with loot.

It can range from 5 to 6 locations for the compound and from 17 to 20 for the island.

Hide contents

Here are the variables, in case you're interested

Global_262145.f_29015 = 17; //Min - Island
	Global_262145.f_29016 = 21; //Max - Island
	Global_262145.f_29017 = 5; //Min - Compound
	Global_262145.f_29018 = 7; //Max - Compound
	Global_262145.f_29019 = 1; //Min - Paintings
	Global_262145.f_29020 = 3; //Max - Paintings

See my screenshot above - 28 locations?

edit - ahh, paintings are separate.

Edited by Gridl0k

Ah no this was a Quick Job and he went with 2 of us 🙄 but thought I would document for posterity. Never had 6 myself.

• Bruh 1
NULL AND VOID
7 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

Like buses

fji5Tsk.png

This one launched with 4 but the grate bug hit of course.

Damn that's a shame. I did this heist on hard difficulty. Each player earned 634k. I wasn't too impressed...

Btw, what is the "grate" bug? 

43 minutes ago, NULL AND VOID said:

Btw, what is the "grate" bug? 

The games sticks at "Go to El Rubio's compound" and doesn't give the corona at the drainage tunnel or the prompt to cut it. It also gives you unsilenced agressor loadout no matter what you sourced. Has hit me as both host and quick jobber.