4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Most hated SA mission?

BrainDeadRaven

BrainDeadRaven

Freefall. For me, everything about this mission pissed me off. I get it, a plan full of your enemies, dead? We do that all day long, awesome. But f*ck it, while we're at it, we need you to take this slow ass plane, go chase down a get, jump out of your plane, onto it, and open the door, and just slip right in AND, you need us to land it.

At this point we have Heat sinking missles, and a hydra, and if this was that cheapskates way of getting a new jet, We could have caught them as soon as they landed and started coming out, then flown it to the Verdant Meadows.

I wanted to beat the creator of that mission to death so many times lmao, okay, I feel better.

So, anyone else have a mission they hate enough to vent about, feel free.

I really hated Zero's missions. Granted they are just side missions, however when you are trying to FC the whole game then that string of missions then it just becomes a huge pain in the arse.

Freefall, well I found that mission frustrating but it was made up for by the whole 'hijacking a private plane in mid-air' shtick (I thought that was cool). 

Edited by zyenapz
  • Like 2

BrainDeadRaven

It doesn't hurt on that one that Zero has to be one of the most annoying characters in the state of San Andreas.

I actually thought for the longest that you had to do his because he was part of the heist storyline, not realizing neither is needed to complete the main storyline.

This last playthrough I skipped him altogether, and it still let me do the heist. I was so happy lol.

I guess I see where they were going with that. Mission impossible viben, 'suck on that, Tom Cruise', with a little 'and you to 007, you got nothin on us.'

lol, still hated that mission sooo much. I still have hell getting into that corona.

Zero's missions, but if I had to choose one: Supply Lines.

But at least they are optional.

Edited by OH76
  • Like 1

Other than Zero's missions, I'd pick Freefall.

Sorry for the double post, by the way.

Edited by OH76

Zero's missions for sure... The funny part is that I didn't know you could skip all those missions until my last play when I got my platinum trophy hahaha!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zyenapz said:

I really hated Zero's missions. Granted they are just side missions, however when you are trying to FC the whole game then that string of missions then it just becomes a huge pain in the arse.

Zero has some trash ass missions period, lmao PS2 era flashback. His missions are the reason I never got SA to 100% back in the day unlike III and VC. Stayed liked that for years and still has. That bullsh*t was saved on another separate memory card to separate my save file which has all the gang turf glitches from all rival gangs Including third party gangs. Where the f*ck did I ever leave my 100% 85% percent save memory card? Somewhere a place I haven't found it yet, lmao. R* gave David Cross some serious missions :r*:

Edited by Big_Smiley
  • KEKW 3

BrainDeadRaven
11 minutes ago, Soxter said:

Zero's missions for sure... The funny part is that I didn't know you could skip all those missions until my last play when I got my platinum trophy hahaha!!!

This current play through I'm in now was my first time realizing the same thing. I just dreaded that sh*t so much I decided I was going to wait till it wouldn't let me do a sh*t else, I was so damn happy lmao I'm so damn glad it wasn't just me that missed that....

2 minutes ago, Big_Smiley said:

His missions are the reason I never got SA to 100% back in the day unlike III and VC. 

Oh man. I only FC'ed GTA San Andreas once because I dread his obnoxious missions. 

• Like 1
  • Best Bru 1

15 minutes ago, zyenapz said:

Oh man. I only FC'ed GTA San Andreas once because I dread his obnoxious missions. 

Man you see you actually achieved 100% at least once. I was a pretty huge fan of the first three 3D era games so it was part of the reason I finished III and VC. I was so damn close with zero's bitch ass. Somewhere around 2010-11 when I forgot all about Video games after the hype of MW2 and BO1. Got back into SA and realized I never got this bitch too 100% damn man. I'll get it up there one day when time is on my side. F*cking Rod Stewart was telling me for years in my Savanna that time was on my side, homie that bullsh*t was never on my side :kekw:

• KEKW 2

BrainDeadRaven

You and me both. Completed storyline, and even all the main missions, INCLUDING Zero's bitch ass missions, the whole while wanting to put a bullet in his  head, but I never did all the other sh*t, all the races, collectables, etc. Says alot for the game in regards to how much there is to do. Add extra mod content, and its no wonder we're still playing it.

2 minutes ago, Big_Smiley said:

Man you see you actually achieved 100% at least once. I was a pretty huge fan of the first three 3D era games so it was part of the reason I finished III and VC. I was so damn close with zero's bitch ass. Somewhere around 2010-11 when I forgot all about Video games after the hype of MW2 and BO1. Got back into SA and realized I never got this bitch too 100% damn man. I'll get it up there one day when time is on my side. F*cking Rod Stewart was telling me for years in my Savanna that time was on my side, homie that bullsh*t was never on my side :kekw:

6 minutes ago, BrainDeadRaven said:

Add extra mod content, and its no wonder we're still playing it.

I agree, moddability really extends the life of a game. Just like how the original DooM is still being played and has an active community over 2 decades after its release.

• Like 1

billiejoearmstrong8

Zero's missions are fun and the only difficult one is Supply Lines

Some of the side missions are WAY worse. The NRG 500 Challenge and the final quarry mission are both horrendous, I can't decide between them.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

LeatherJacketSoldier

"Oh, what a big whiner. Want some cheese with that wine?" - Mike Toreno

I've played it on PC too many times, and achieved 100% two times. Zero isn't any close to being the worst character, in fact I liked his missions. The only one that gave me a bit of trouble was Air Raid, which I completed the first time on three tries, the other two missions were completed at the first try (in Supply Lines... the Baron ends with its fuel tank at half its capacity).

Catalina is one of the most irritating characters in my opinion, I'd have loved that she had the same appearance and personality that she has in GTA III, but her missions weren't difficult (only Local Liquor Store was completed on the second try).

I had three missions that were god d*mn impossible for me (two of them still are, but the third one I figured out how to complete it): Cesar Vialpando and Life's A Beach. Man, I s*ck at dancing (I'd desperately need a dictionary of the words that can't be put in this forum), both in videogames and in real life. Every time I try to pass these two missions, it takes around 10 tries each one (not to mention the 40 tries that took me each one the first time I played the game). And the third one, Stowaway. The first time took me at least 20 tries, then I entered the plane by chance. But I messed up shooting someone making sure the barrels were extra far away, but the plane didn't give a d*mn and said "ah, scr*w that, today I wanna explode", and I failed the mission. Further tries were successful by use of the adrenaline cheat, but I found out that to complete the mission one must quickly tap the stoppie button (up arrow by default) to emulate the extra acceleration that one can perform with the stick in PS2. Hooray, GTA SA without any cheats since then.

And then here comes... OG Loc.

"Chicken, man - no discussion." - Big Smoke

Dude, this is DEFINITELY the most annoying and useless character of the whole f*cking game. From start to end. Man, I had not only to improve my motorbike skill before attempting the mission OG Loc, but I also had to memorize the whole path that Freddy takes, and found many shortcuts I can use without losing Freddy (a similar thing happened with the third part of End Of The Line, mission that I never failed, the first time I had to stick to Tenpenny's ass to avoid any hazard, and by the second time I exactly knew his path and what shortcuts take). Excluding Life's A Beach, his next missions were too easy, but the cutscenes and the idea of doing missions for a m*ron like him... Made me want to enter the game and break all of his bones with my bare fists. And in Cut Throat Business (I've never failed this mission, neither), Loc went through his path like he was rocket-propelled, I thought I'd never keep up, but at last I arrived at Blastin' F*ols Records (seriously, I need that dictionary) and after the cutscene... That @#$%#@$ left without a scratch. Why, man? Why? That guy deserved to be beaten up to death by just a mouse (to prove he wasn't capable of even taking any damage before getting unconscious), but instead R* gave him a safe way out.

IN CONCLUSION

Most hated missions: Cesar Vialpando and Life's A Beach

Most hated character: OG Loc

On 2/23/2021 at 8:43 AM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

The NRG 500 Challenge

Yeah, it was difficult, but not that much. I never could replicate the timer glitch, but my brother did the only time he achieved 100%

Edited by LeatherJacketSoldier

• 3 weeks later...
MiamiViceCity1986

-Life’s A Beach. It’s not really hard or anything. It’s just tedious and feels like filler. Like one of those missions that make me roll my eyes when it’s time to be done.

-Robbing Uncle Sam. Like above this mission is just tedious especially when you through the forklift into mix. It’s annoying because the forklift controls are pretty bad and having to juggle between loading crates onto the truck and killing soldiers gets old pretty quick.

• Like 1

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

I would say any filler mission gets annoying once you are playing the game for 1000th time. Life's a Beach (at least you can use a homie to a skip the dancing minigame), Madd Dogg's Rhymes, Wear Flowers in Your Hair, Photo Opportunity. Zero's first and last mission are fairly annoying too but not for their (non-existent) difficulty. They are easy but they take unnecessarily long.

BrainDeadRaven
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Evil empire said:

So, ones a thread thats been on here longer then you have, which you wouldn't have even casually seen without looking for it, and another one that is a year old, which won't exactly spark casual conversation. I'm not sure you think this through when you do this. <(O_ov)  

Edited by BrainDeadRaven
grammar
  • Bruh 1

Zero's missions are NOT hard at all.At least on PC.Supply lines can be a little bit problematic due to targets hitting back.The mission I hate the most is Toreno's last filght.

When I was younger I was always stuck on Zero's RC missions, mostly because of the controls and aiming on the PS2.

Now days probably Catalina's missions, especially the tanker one.

BZ_Animations

FreeFall is one of my most hated missions, i wanna strangle the person at rockstar who made it. The other mission i don't like is High Noon because it's a f*cking goose chase and pulaski's gun deals way too much damage

N.O.E. I love flying in this game and I'd say I'm a reasonably great pilot,but you get so close to colliding with either trees,bridges,possibly hitting the sea and 50 other ways of screwing up that I didn't even mention.

• KEKW 1

BrainDeadRaven

So my work around for this is to make it to the water around the border then fly along the coastline, its a longer flight, but alot easier to maintain your height without crashing. The drop off's still a b*tch though.

Every mission that includes Ryder @Osho and @natetheguitarkid were both right about him. Why oh why was he even added in the game at all? Every time he appears on screen, he ruins it! All of him missions suck too! He even made Reuniting the Families the most annoying mission ever! It should have been only CJ, Sweet, and Big Smoke as the main Grove Street members.

Edited by DK06282000
  • Bruh 4

LeatherJacketSoldier
On 3/26/2021 at 2:01 PM, Sonny1 said:

N.O.E. I love flying in this game and I'd say I'm a reasonably great pilot,but you get so close to colliding with either trees,bridges,possibly hitting the sea and 50 other ways of screwing up that I didn't even mention.

I'm even better than Han Solo, who says he's the best pilot in the galaxy. This mission never gave me trouble, in fact I like it a lot. It allows me to perform many stunts at ground level, for example a "Star Wars Sidewinder" in the canyons and passing below any bridge I can (one of them has a ground clearance lower than the Rustler's height, so I can't pass below it), both on my way to Angel Pine and on my way back to Verdant Meadows.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:31 PM, BrainDeadRaven said:

So my work around for this is to make it to the water around the border then fly along the coastline, its a longer flight, but alot easier to maintain your height without crashing. The drop off's still a b*tch though.

Nah, it makes the mission longer and boring. Two or three times I made Hydras chase me to see how was it like, and tried to shoot them down with my machine guns. I managed to do it, but more Hydras spawned from nowhere and I decided to stick to the mission since I have a timer. Then I headed back to Verdant Meadows with the Hydras on my tail, stunts and all. It's one of my favourite missions, indeed.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:35 AM, CryptReaperDorian said:

Fish in a Barrel. How do people even manage to get past this one?

The beta part for this mission would have been interesting to play, as almost every beta content for this game is. It's so sad Rockstar didn't realize the great potential the beta content had, I regret it specially for the beta mission "The Truth Is Out There".

Edited by LeatherJacketSoldier
Why this editor merge my replies? Can't it figure out I don't want to do so? If I wanted to, I'd do it myself, d*mn editor
  • Like 3

bananaking13

My least favorite mission is either Key to her Heart or The Da Nang Thang. Key to her heart is so painful, Millie's AI is so stupid and she keeps stopping at traffic lights like the good citizen she is. And if you for whatever reason get a wanted level, you are seriously screwed because you have to keep moving so the cops dont arrest you.

The Da Nang Thang is a bad mission because if you have a good computer and no frame limiter on, you will get screwed really badly. And the worst part is losing your guns, it was really unnecessary how the game reset your weapons there. And then after losing your weapons, you have to slowly swim to the harbor, turn on the frame limiter, play at 30FPS because if you don't have the limiter on CJ will die when he climbs the crates. There's like a 1 in 1000 chance a plane will fly into the ship and kill the snakehead though, it happened to me once and it was really cool.

Honorable mention goes out to Body Harvest. I f*cking hated that mission. It's not even bad, just frustrating how easy it is to flip the dumb harvester. Mike Toreno's intro mission too, its a cool idea but the roadblocks to LV were really badly placed. They blocked you all the time, and you could never do anything about it.

I hated Freefall and Learning to Fly back in the day so much, but once you improve at flying it becomes one of your favorite missions. CJ jumping out of a plane to raid another is just so badass. Learning to fly is really easy after you beat it on your first try. It's frustrating because I remember the first time I played it, my plane would do really weird movements, and I recently found out that's a common problem with everyone too so I guess I'm not alone.

• Like 2

LeatherJacketSoldier
9 hours ago, bananaking13 said:

if you have a good computer and no frame limiter on, you will get screwed really badly

Didn't know this, always played on a sh*tty netbook. The worst netbook in the whole multiverse.

And then after losing your weapons, you have to slowly swim to the harbor, turn on the frame limiter, play at 30FPS because if you don't have the limiter on CJ will die when he climbs the crates.

What I do, given there's no timer for this mission, I swim to the city and go to SF's Ammu-Nation, and strap myself up (on my particular case, I also grab the Desert Eagle near Zero's RC Shop). And then I go back to the ship, and start blasting any fool that gets on my sight. And hooray, mission complete.

There's like a 1 in 1000 chance a plane will fly into the ship and kill the snakehead though, it happened to me once and it was really cool.

Lol, I'd like to experience that at least once. Maybe crashing a plane from LS airport, and jumping out before the hit?

how easy it is to flip the dumb harvester.

Never could do it, I thought 'til now it was one of the most stable vehicles in the game. My problem with this mission is that I modded the parameters of many guns to match their real life counterparts: the Winchester now does 100 damage instead of 75, has longer range, faster rate of fire (given the user is a master rifleman, like cowboys are supposed to be), and a 15-bullet magazine with pistol's reloading animation (which makes CJ's head move a bit weirdly after every shot, I left it like that because it helps imagine the cocking effect of the Winchester's lever). And now, survivalists in this mission make mince meat of me way quickly, and I have to kill them all on foot once I stole the harvester because five overpowered Winchester shots at once are too much for the harvester to withstand, and it sets on fire in no time.

Mike Toreno's intro mission too, its a cool idea but the roadblocks to LV were really badly placed.

What mission are you talking about? I've never had to see a roadblock for LV on his missions.

10 hours ago, bananaking13 said:

Learning to fly is really easy after you beat it on your first try.

The most difficult part for me is to get gold in parachute jumping. Perhaps it's because of the netbook I'm using, but I can't get below 57 seconds. I read once a tutorial to do it, in GTAFandom, where it explains how many seconds should pass before opening the parachute, and then 4 cycles of some seconds going forward and some different amount of seconds leting yourself fall. But I didn't try it yet.

10 hours ago, bananaking13 said:

It's frustrating because I remember the first time I played it, my plane would do really weird movements, and I recently found out that's a common problem with everyone too so I guess I'm not alone.

What kind of movements? Are you playing on other than PC version? Because on PC I never experienced them.