1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What's up with immense hatred towards GTA V?

Criteria3908

Criteria3908

Like I don't think GTA V deserves THAT much of hatred, I think GTA V is one of the best in the series if not the whole gaming industry, like I dont see how it was THAT bad at all. Its still one of my favorite games of all time.

Edited by Criteria3908
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 8
  • Bruh 1
The Tracker

How come everyone that defends GTA V on this forum loves to highlight it as one of the best titles in gaming history? That just kills your whole credibility, If you really think that you definitely don't play many games.

• Like 5
Kris194

Why every single topic like this one starts like this?

Like I don't think GTA V deserves THAT much of hatred, I think GTA V is one of the best in the series if not the whole gaming industry, like I dont see how it was THAT bad at all. Its still one of my favorite games of all time.

And of course, OP of none of such topics tries to explain you why GTA V is so good in his opinion. It makes you look immediately like a fanboy. No one here said, that GTA V is worst game of all time or something like that, not even close.

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 2
TheCrazyMercenary

Grand Theft Auto V is a very good game, I liked it a lot because of how much content was filled in it, but the thing is after I finished it the world felt pretty dead when I went back to IV and SA, in IV people did what they were meant to do, they had schedules none of that is really in GTA V (none that I know of in my 1k hours of playtime) in SA people reacted differently to what you wore and CJ changed his personality the further you progress through the story, I really loved V, but I just dunno why it felt a bit off compared to IV and SA.

• Like 1
TheSantader25

Can someone just merge this with the other thread please?

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 2
Ryo256
27 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Can someone just merge this with the other thread please?

No, you must defend your beloved game here....again. HONOR DEMANDS IT!

Spoiler

Unless you went the dishonorable route in RDR2 then sh*t I got nothing.

Edited by Ryo256
  • KEKW 3
Criteria3908
2 hours ago, TheCrazyMercenary said:

Grand Theft Auto V is a very good game, I liked it a lot because of how much content was filled in it, but the thing is after I finished it the world felt pretty dead when I went back to IV and SA, in IV people did what they were meant to do, they had schedules none of that is really in GTA V (none that I know of in my 1k hours of playtime) in SA people reacted differently to what you wore and CJ changed his personality the further you progress through the story, I really loved V, but I just dunno why it felt a bit off compared to IV and SA.

The world did have its own day cycle.  Like if you go to the Vespucci beach in the morning you will see tractors cleaning around the beach, the Guard setting up, in daytime you will see people playing and sunbathing, and in nighttime you will see people playing around campfire etc. Even further the way Michael's family has their own daily routine and how the protagonists have their own daily cycle(for example, in the morning you will see Franklin just waking up and dumping trashes, in nighttime you will find him exiting the strip club, etc.).

Yes they did react differently depends on your clothes. Pedestirans also reacted differently to Trevor htan they did to Michael and Franklin, and GTA V protagonists also changed their personality over the time. (for example in the early of the game you will see  Michael arguing or moaning about his life and familty, at the late of the game you will see him actually trying to change for the better, etc)/

3 hours ago, The Tracker said:

How come everyone that defends GTA V on this forum loves to highlight it as one of the best titles in gaming history? That just kills your whole credibility, If you really think that you definitely don't play many games.

I have played many games in my life. And i absolutely enjoyed Grand Theft Auto V. I liked how things were very well put together,  I liked how polished the game was. I enjoyed the immersion of the world and its absolute sandbox, and I found all of characters to be likeable. Of course it may not be the Greatest game in the world, but its definitely one of them. Every GTA game has a special place in my heart. I can definitely see why its still popular to this day.  

Edited by Criteria3908
Americana

What's up with all these threads? 

Just post your opinion in one of the other same threads.

Also: Grand Theft Auto V is good, but not as good as it should have been.

Goodbye.

Edited by Americana
  • Like 11
  • KEKW 2
Criteria3908
55 minutes ago, Americana said:

Just post your opinion in one of the other same threads.

Also: Grand Theft Auto V is good, but not as good as it should have been.

Goodbye.

I think it was as good as it could have been but I will respect your opinion.

The Wolf Man
2 hours ago, Americana said:

@Criteria3908 is new to the forum.

He (or she) probably read lots of complains and nitpickings from the IV fanboy base and is schoked by the amount of hate torwards one of the greatest games of all time (yes I'm talking about GTA V).

• KEKW 1
  • excuseme 2
Kris194
18 minutes ago, StuntMaster100 said:

It's not really hated much except by some IV fans

I said it already but I think, that some people forget, that world is not binary, that there is something more than praise and hate. Meanwhile some people in this section try to make you feel, that you are either fanboy or hater.

• Like 3
RenegadeAngel

Never mind the loud minority on the forums. It will go down as the all-time classic.

• Like 7
  • KEKW 1
DeltaV20

That's Just because of GTA Online , Gta V is still a master piece , alot of ppl actually didn't played gta V completely yet , they just drive , freeroam etc etc , Most of them never took some time to appreciate The Story , Music , Details , mechanics etc , Gta V is still not completely beaten yet by a non R* title. 
We all know Gta V is abandoned since 2014 by Rockstar , They also Said Gta Online is not a part of gta V , if it was then it would be Gta V multiplayer 

StuntMaster100
1 minute ago, DeltaV20 said:

That's Just because of GTA Online , Gta V is still a master piece , alot of ppl actually didn't played gta V completely yet , they just drive , freeroam etc etc , Most of them never took some time to appreciate The Story , Music , Details , mechanics etc , Gta V is still not completely beaten yet by a non R* title. 
We all know Gta V is abandoned since 2014 by Rockstar , They also Said Gta Online is not a part of gta V , if it was then it would be Gta V multiplayer 

V got a lot of hate during 2014-15-16 on these forums. Threads were being locked left and right. People were being banned regularly. Big ugly arguments.

• Like 1
DeltaV20
1 minute ago, StuntMaster100 said:

V got a lot of hate during 2014-15-16 on these forums. Threads were being locked left and right. People were being banned regularly. Big ugly arguments.

3 words = No SP DLC 

StuntMaster100
1 minute ago, DeltaV20 said:

3 words = No SP DLC 

No. Most of the hate was about downgraded physics, lack of interiors, story not being serious like gta iv's, npcs and police being dumbed down compared to IV.

• Like 6
DeltaV20

well i was not active on 2014-15-16 , you must have known better than me 😜

• Like 1
BrainDeadRaven

So realizing 5 is separate from GTA Online, my problem with V are as follows:

Trevor: Shock value trash, the lowest common denominator, and yet he has a fan base.

If Trevor was taken out of it, I would still hate Lenny, but he's a whatever.

The Map: They added a huge patch of desert JUST to say they made the biggest map. It's filler and a waste of space that went unused.

Past that the polish was f*cking amazing, I love that you can get him high without modding and hear him go on his little tangents, I love that when you load the game they're living life...

Edited by BrainDeadRaven
corrections
  • Like 6
StuntMaster100
6 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

well i was not active on 2014-15-16 , you must have known better than me 😜

Go check out the old threads from those years bro. They are a lot of fun to read 🤣

• KEKW 2
The Wolf Man
29 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

I said it already but I think, that some people forget, that world is not binary, that there is something more than praise and hate. Meanwhile some people in this section try to make you feel, that you are either fanboy or hater.

It is hate when you unfairly criticise the game because it wasn't what you wanted or what you expected of it. It's like saying "I don't like the sky because it's blue" or "I don't like the water because it's wet". You have the right to dislike the game if it didn't attend to your standards but then it's your deal. Just because you dislike something it doesn't mean that it's actually bad or poorly made.

Of course there are people who make fair and legit points about their dissatisfaction with GTA V, but it's not what happens in the majority of the situations around here.

• excuseme 2
NikoLiberty2008

GTA 5 is definitely not my favorite GTA game, it isn't bad though, the storyline is not so good, it's not that remarkable, but it's fun. The hatred towards it is because of modern Rockstar B.S, but playing the singleplayer instead of the online it's already a good protest in my opinion. In the end of the day, everything that matters is if you're really having fun.

JaeDan 101
8 hours ago, B Dawg said:

These exist at the top of page 1:

I don't exactly liked GTA 5 that much, after I completed the game, the gameplay becomes boring

The game is only enjoyable while there are lots of missions

ChiroVette
8 hours ago, RenegadeAngel said:

Never mind the loud minority on the forums. It will go down as the all-time classic.

Totally agree, both about the vocal minority posturing as if they speak for the GTA Community as well as the vast majority of V critics seem to be IV fetishists. At least from what I can see. Once in a while you get the guy who doesn't like IV or V, but pines for the days of 3D Era GTA with paramedic, fire truck, and all that other old school GTA lore. But most of the hatred for V, not criticism, mind you, but raging hatred, seems to be from IV fans unable to accept the direction V went. It is what it is.

• Like 1
Americana

Wow, some people in here.

That's okay, buddy.

Edited by Americana
Criteria3908
12 hours ago, BrainDeadRaven said:

So realizing 5 is separate from GTA Online, my problem with V are as follows:

Trevor: Shock value trash, the lowest common denominator, and yet he has a fan base.

If Trevor was taken out of it, I would still hate Lenny, but he's a whatever.

The Map: They added a huge patch of desert JUST to say they made the biggest map. It's filler and a waste of space that went unused.

Past that the polish was f*cking amazing, I love that you can get him high without modding and hear him go on his little tangents, I love that when you load the game they're living life...

idk I kinda liked Trevor tho, he was like a way we play GTA games in free-roam, didnt really liked him as a character tho, mos tof the time he was just crazy and nothing more than that, I can definately sese where you are coming from.

11 hours ago, NikoLiberty2008 said:

GTA 5 is definitely not my favorite GTA game, it isn't bad though, the storyline is not so good, it's not that remarkable, but it's fun. The hatred towards it is because of modern Rockstar B.S, but playing the singleplayer instead of the online it's already a good protest in my opinion. In the end of the day, everything that matters is if you're really having fun.

I can see why people might not like the story, thats fine, the problem with GTA V's story is that the events are just things happening around you while you live the life in the open world, the pro for having that kind of story is that no matter what you do between the missions in the world the story will still make sense no matter what, the con is that the story doesnt really make much sense when you enlist are the events happened in the story. I think red dead 2's story did it much better,

• Like 2
BazzemBoi

I just think the whole HD universe barrier ruined it for me. I wanted to be able to meet characters from older titles and I also wanted Las Venturas and San feirro, the car's top speed was also a big disappointment at least for me.

Fake Lilina

Oh boy, im going to love this topic. *grabs the popcorn and sits down*