3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

A little help with a Dyom Cutscene.

Cell Tennyson

Hey guys.

I hope you all are doing fine.

Anyways, Actually I require a little help with it.

I am beginning to learn some basics. Right now I have created a cutscene where I have made an actor sit in a helicopter and then drive it to a specific spot. First when he starts out the camera is set static, then when he is on route to the destination, the camera is following the actor in 3rd person, When he is landing on the destination spot the camera is again static. But

There is one thing I am trying to figure is how do I make the specific actor exit the helicopter once he lands on the destination?

So how do I make that actor exit out the helicopter once he gets down to the land? He's animation is to sit in nearest car.

Is it possible to assign another animation to exit nearest car on that same actor?

Hope You understand what I mean.

Please help.

Edited by Cell Tennyson
Robert17
41 minutes ago, Cell Tennyson said:

Is it possible to assign another animation to exit nearest car on that same actor?

Yes, it's possible. You do that by hiding the actor, then spawn the same actor with "exit nearest car" (Make sure you do that in the next cutscene, the same actor can't do 2 animations in one cutscene).

Hope this helps.

Cell Tennyson
20 minutes ago, Robert17 said:

Yes, it's possible. You do that by hiding the actor, then spawn the same actor with "exit nearest car" (Make sure you do that in the next cutscene, the same actor can't do 2 animations in one cutscene).

Hope this helps.

I Cant Spawn the same actor for next scene because if I do that the helicopter gets empty during the first scene and fall on the ground. I have to add another actor and set its animation to exit nearest car and that also makes new route for him to follow when the helicopter is already routed to fly to its destination by the first actor.

The John David

Instead of "Sit in Nearest Car", you could use "Leave Nearest Car" animation. This way the actor can spawn, sit and drive to reach the end of the route-point sets and exits it. Make sure the vehicle is close to the actor, otherwise it will not work in several occasion.

• Like 1
Cell Tennyson
1 hour ago, The John David said:

Instead of "Sit in Nearest Car", you could use "Leave Nearest Car" animation. This way the actor can spawn, sit and drive to reach the end of the route-point sets and exits it. Make sure the vehicle is close to the actor, otherwise it will not work in several occasion.

Yeah Your suggestion works!

But what if I have to make that actor who gets out of the helicopter, walk to another actor and then they have a conversation like animation.

Is it possible to assign it on that same actor?

Edited by Cell Tennyson
Aymunz
16 minutes ago, Cell Tennyson said:

Yeah Your suggestion works!

But what if I have to make that actor who gets out of the helicopter, walk to another actor and then they have a conversation like animation.

Is it possible to assign it on that same actor?

You can't assign more than 1 animation to an actor. All you can do is hide the actor with the previous animation and then spawning a new one with the same skin and a different animation. 

You CAN assign multiple animations to the player, but that will cost a lot of objectives. 

• Like 1
Cell Tennyson
18 hours ago, Aymunz said:

You can't assign more than 1 animation to an actor. All you can do is hide the actor with the previous animation and then spawning a new one with the same skin and a different animation. 

You CAN assign multiple animations to the player, but that will cost a lot of objectives. 

Alright I understood. If I face some problems I'll contact you all.

• Like 1
Aymunz
5 hours ago, Cell Tennyson said:

Was this also created with Dyom?

I heard that most of jimmy01's works are made using actual coding, not DYOM.  However, most of the shots in this video can be done with Dyom easily. Generally the whole video can be recreated with Dyom in addition to replacing some animations, using cam hack, and good video editing. 

Edited by Aymunz
Cell Tennyson
17 hours ago, Aymunz said:

I heard that most of jimmy01's works are made using actual coding, not DYOM.  However, most of the shots in this video can be done with Dyom easily. Generally the whole video can be recreated with Dyom in addition to replacing some animations, using cam hack, and good video editing. 

Oh I see. It would be so awesome to be able to make short movies on san andreas using dyom. Those videos inspire me.

Anyways Is it also possible to add sounds and dialogues (dialogue sounds) for speeches we put for characters in dyom?

• Like 1
Aymunz

6 hours ago, Cell Tennyson said:

Oh I see. It would be so awesome to be able to make short movies on san andreas using dyom. Those videos inspire me.

Anyways Is it also possible to add sounds and dialogues (dialogue sounds) for speeches we put for characters in dyom?

Yeah of course. The SD folder in the GTA SA User Files is where you put your mission's sounds from dialogue, background music, or sound effects. There are some limitations that you'll come to find when using them, but it's mostly it does the work perfectly. 

You can learn how to use it fro the topic below, check out the "custom sound" section:

https://gtaforums.com/topic/574586-tutthe-dyom-complete-tutorial/

Edited by Aymunz
  • Like 1
Cell Tennyson
On 2/21/2021 at 5:04 PM, Aymunz said:

Yeah of course. The SD folder in the GTA SA User Files is where you put your mission's sounds from dialogue, background music, or sound effects. There are some limitations that you'll come to find when using them, but it's mostly it does the work perfectly. 

You can learn how to use it fro the topic below, check out the "custom sound" section:

https://gtaforums.com/topic/574586-tutthe-dyom-complete-tutorial/

Alright thanks.