1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

if you were starting out again would you still buy an oppressor mk2?

On 2/23/2021 at 8:46 AM, Taterman said:

And free snacks!

The Kosatka has free snacks as well; plus it's changed there so every snack you grab doesn't require a server transaction, making it much faster.

Personally, I'd just get a clubhouse and play the Cayo Perico heist as MC prez. The cheapest one is only $200k.

EDIT: I grabbed a Epic Games copy of GTA5 back when it was free, so maybe I could try how quickly I'd get from level 1 to completing my first Cayo Perico heist -- when I have the time that is.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

If I need a heli I land the Frogger on the Kosatka before I start the prep (I can even land an Annihilator on it - the Kosatka not being black helps a lot), I think the Frogger is faster than the Buzzard and handles better. I have neither a Buzzard nor a Sparrow, but a Nokota and Roque Fighter plane, sometimes I use them to do the Merryweather weapons prep. I think an armored vehicle is more useful than a fighting heli, used the Duke of Death with my main character (now Torreador) and use a Nightshark with my secondary character (I don't want to fly that much, I am a cars guy).

Has anyone landed an Avenger on the sub yet?

I would get everything I currently have except a few hats and glasses I never wear 

solo or team freemode  and contact missions it gets things done quickly no nonsense

I actually much prefer the OG oppressor, was more fun to drive and required more skill

On 2/24/2021 at 6:41 AM, Taterman said:

Is that even possible considering they are both Services?

• Like 2
On 2/24/2021 at 6:41 AM, Taterman said:

32 minutes ago, Timsalabimbo said:

Is that even possible considering they are both Services?

I tried. You can't call your Avenger when the Kosatka is active, and vice versa. (same for terrorbyte and MOC, can have only one at a time)

Or do you mean the one from the Merryweather weapons prep?

Edited by AirWolf359
1 hour ago, AirWolf359 said:

I tried. You can't call your Avenger when the Kosatka is active, and vice versa. (same for terrorbyte and MOC, can have only one at a time)

Or do you mean the one from the Merryweather weapons prep?

Nah, I meant using a friends Avenger or Kosatka to test it.

• Like 2

Hello

R2JMX5f.png

So as it turns out, you can't call in the other vehicles form the services tab, but you can manually drive/fly them out of their parking spots. The Kosatka is absolutely massive and the Avenger fits on it easily.

I can confidently say I would not buy an mk2 on a new account.

The one I own on my main character has been collecting dust for over a year and my secondary does not own one. I just dont see a point in owning it and I actually dont need it. I take out mk2s on a daily basis with jets, my stromberg and regular old stickybombs while on foot.

• Like 2
whywontyoulisten
9 hours ago, Timsalabimbo said:

So as it turns out, you can't call in the other vehicles form the services tab, but you can manually drive/fly them out of their parking spots. The Kosatka is absolutely massive and the Avenger fits on it easily.

Patch incoming...

9 hours ago, Timsalabimbo said:

i want to try this with the terrorbyte i wonder if i can pick it up with a cargobob and park it on the kosatka?

13 minutes ago, cybapete said:

i want to try this with the terrorbyte i wonder if i can pick it up with a cargobob and park it on the kosatka?

Just tried it, but the cargobob can't pick up a terrorbyte.

2 minutes ago, Timsalabimbo said:

Just tried it, but the cargobob can't pick up a terrorbyte.

yeah i didn't think it would work

as far as i know you can't use the cargobob to pick up any kind of mission vehicle

On 2/18/2021 at 6:41 AM, cybapete said:

i was thinking about what would happen if i had to start over from scratch and i honestly don't know if i would get it

when i bought it i could see an advantage over the buzzard with the docking bay on the terrorbyte but now i think i would just get the kosatka and sparrow

i'm not even sure if i would get the terrorbyte i've never used mine once since cayo perico came out

100% yes!

Why would you not buy it?

You will make millions of dollars so..

2 hours ago, Nog said:

100% yes!

i probably WOULD buy it later on after i had run cayo perico dozens of times and had 50 million in the bank

but if i was just starting out no i'd put that money towards a kosatka and sparrow instead

• Like 2

I never even bought either of the Oppressors,and probably wouldn't buy them if I never played the game until now.Both are ugly overpriced mememobiles that I have no need for.

From armed/armored vehicles that I do use in missions,I have a Buzzard for missions like High Priority Case and Defender,Hunter for some of the Cayo Perico preps where Buzzard doesn't have enough armor,APC for some contact missions where I just need to destroy a bunch of stuff like Artificial Scarcity and Bad Companies (though I only use it if I don't feel like having gunfights on foot),and Kosatka for the Cayo Perico heist.Other than that,I prefer to use normal cars and bikes,and normal PvE gunfights.

• Like 2

Definitely not. I would if I could enter my Kosatka without leaving the vehicle, but since I can't it's not really worth it. It was a grinder's dream when it came out, but since Cayo was released all other money making methods became obsolete. 

10 hours ago, BeamerBoyCarlos said:

Definitely not. I would if I could enter my Kosatka without leaving the vehicle, but since I can't it's not really worth it. It was a grinder's dream when it came out, but since Cayo was released all other money making methods became obsolete. 

when you think about it there's no reason the oppressor can't go into the sparrow moon pool there's more than enough room for it

4 hours ago, cybapete said:

when you think about it there's no reason the oppressor can't go into the sparrow moon pool there's more than enough room for it

That was my exact thought when I first tried to land it in the sub! Guess it's just another way for R* to get us to spend our money. I'm not complaining though the Cayo heist is a godsend.

15 hours ago, BeamerBoyCarlos said:

So you would only buy Kosatka and Sparrow and make Millions of Dollars. What would you spend your money on then?

1 hour ago, Nog said:

So you would only buy Kosatka and Sparrow and make Millions of Dollars. What would you spend your money on then?

You don't really need anything else once you have the Kosatka & Sparrow. There's nothing else in the game that can make you as much money as Cayo without spending more time & effort. Honestly once you're able to do Cayo just grind it out & spend your money on anything your heart desires. In my case it's as many cars as I want.

• Like 2

I didn't buy it until much later. I only bought it when it was heavily reduced with Prime Gaming, because I didn't like the idea of the vehicle as a whole. That being said, I see why people like it so much. I'm saying this as a non-griefer. the missiles are relatively accurate in firing, it has a boost and is fairly speedy when compared to similar vehicles (MKI, Buzzard), it's small and nimble and is stored in the Terrorbyte which doesn't take up garage space.

For me, all the MKII is really, is an expensive convenience, it's not a neccessity as other vehicles that were out before it do similar things. So, would I buy it again if I started out new? Yes, but not straight away, I'd do what I have done with it already, wait til it is reduced.

Storing it in the Terrorbyte is super convenient. I've recently started re-doing Vehicle Cargo work + Special Crates, so having the Terrorbyte parked outside a warehouse is more convenient than having to travel back and forth to my CEO office all the time.

Can I piggyback off this to ask a question since it's about starting again? When I was going from Xbox 360 to Xbone, I wasn't able to transfer my character for whatever reason. I tried to do it as soon as the game released but it just wasn't there. I've been half expecting that to happen again going from Xbone to Series X whenever the new edition of gta comes out later this year. I'm just curious, will I have to start completely again - no money, no stats, basically a day 1 player? Or would I retain that as if I'm just creating a secondary character? 

Edited by Mel94
20 minutes ago, Mel94 said:

Can I piggyback off this to ask a question since it's about starting again? When I was going from Xbox 360 to Xbone, I wasn't able to transfer my character for whatever reason. I tried to do it as soon as the game released but it just wasn't there. I've been half expecting that to happen again going from Xbone to Series X whenever the new edition of gta comes out later this year. I'm just curious, will I have to start completely again - no money, no stats, basically a day 1 player? Or would I retain that as if I'm just creating a secondary character? 

Did they change the character editor with the Xbone version - I think so? My guess is it depends if they change the character editor but still you could keep your stats and only redesign your character. I can hardly imagine players not able to take their level and money with them. Also the properties, there were not much properties on 360 but now players must be able to take them with or they should get a large amount of money as compensation.

I imagine there will be some level of transference between PS4/Xbone to PS5/Series X because I would like to assume the enhanced enhanced re-re-release of the game will have everything available in the game now and then exclusives further down the way. 

IF there is no transference and people had to start again, for me personally there wouldn't be much incentive to move over to PS5 anytime soon.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Sam2150AD said:

Storing it in the Terrorbyte is super convenient. I've recently started re-doing Vehicle Cargo work + Special Crates, so having the Terrorbyte parked outside a warehouse is more convenient than having to travel back and forth to my CEO office all the time.

i have an arcade and vehicle warehouse in Davis (which are at opposite ends of the same building) i just park the terrorbyte and cargobob in the parking lot and everything is in easy reach

go to arcade back entrance to use the master control terminal & restock businesses then go to terrorbyte and i can do vehicle cargo, crates & contact missions then when businesses are ready to deliver i can fly there

Edited by cybapete
correction
18 hours ago, Sam2150AD said:

I imagine there will be some level of transference between PS4/Xbone to PS5/Series X because I would like to assume the enhanced enhanced re-re-release of the game will have everything available in the game now and then exclusives further down the way. 

IF there is no transference and people had to start again, for me personally there wouldn't be much incentive to move over to PS5 anytime soon.

There will be, a data miner found something in the files to suggest there will be a one off character transfer option. My issue is that it didn't work for me the last time going from 360 to Xbone, so it might not work again for me this time round. I'm just curious about whether it's like starting a new character normally where you keep the shared bank account and the stats but have to buy everything again or whether it'd be like I'd be playing gta for the first time and have to start again completely clean. I'm not fussed either way since I have friends to help me get back to where I need to be but I don't want to waste time grinding money just to lose it all closer to the time. 

On 3/4/2021 at 6:52 AM, Nog said:

100% yes!

Ahh, but I made nearly a billion without it though, lol.

On 3/6/2021 at 1:19 PM, Nog said:

Everything else, lol.

There's numerous cars, trucks, bikes, aircraft, boats, properties, upgrades and tune ups etc, clothes as well. Loads of stuff to buy in this game and have fun with instead. 

We all have our ways, and money has always come easy to make for me that going a few seconds quicker means little to me. :)