3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy Remaster/Remake Speculation Topic

40 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

Imagine if they ported over parts of the storyline as GTAO exclusive and made many of the missions co-op. 

The toxicity of this place might reach Fukushima levels

And I will be f*cking laughing 🤣

2 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

No way a remaster will look like that. More akin to what VI would look like.

No way  Gta 6 look like this . This screenshot is from gta 5 engine but volumetric clouds and some enhancements . Even if gta 6 uses rdr2 engine it will look way better then this .

9 minutes ago, jonnhy_xv said:

No way  Gta 6 look like this . This screenshot is from gta 5 engine but volumetric clouds and some enhancements . Even if gta 6 uses rdr2 engine it will look way better then this .

Yeah, of course. Was moreso meant to say that the remaster won't look like a modern fancy game. Not like a full on remake like that image looks. That was all.

11 minutes ago, jonnhy_xv said:

That's a 3D software SKETCHUP
Imagem
Here's another one

• excuseme 1
15 hours ago, ACR said:

stop taking deludamol...

Deludamol and hopium a dangerous mixture :kekw:

But my doctor told me to take 1 pill of hopium 3 times a day and 1 tbsp of deludamol before I go to sleep ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Edited by Zello
9 minutes ago, Zello said:

Deludamol and hopium a dangerous mixture :kekw:

But my doctor told me to take 1 pill of hopium 3 times a day and 1 tbsp of deludamol before I go to sleep ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Better than mixing Canadian opioids with Colombian cocaine, I guess

7 hours ago, jonnhy_xv said:

if the remakes look like this it would be insane but i personally think that gta 5 Enhanced and Expanded might look like this . What do u guys think ?

EJNdnOVW4AAMDuC?format=png&name=large

Please tell me what is this? 

Bruh.gif

10 hours ago, lowriderlife63 said:

If we at least get a teaser like this I’ll be satisfied, it’ll make the wait much easier. 

💦💦💦

8 hours ago, WanteD1 said:

Please tell me what is this? 

Bruh.gif

GTA 5 on PS10 

it was shown to me by the aliens running on a playstation 10 

Gta 5 Expanded and Enhanced 'XxXL

One Last Ride

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
9 hours ago, jonnhy_xv said:

💦💦💦

GTA 5 on PS10 

it was shown to me by the aliens running on a playstation 10 

Gta 5 Expanded and Enhanced 'XxXL

One Last Ride

By then, people will be like "50 years in development = BEST GTA EVER"

2 hours ago, JohnVyse said:

They're probably just going to remaster GTA III. Why else would they buy Ruffian Games and then rename them Rockstar Dundee?

To me this is my realistic best case scenario. GTA 3 port to PS5/XBX with updated HD models, textures, modest graphic improvements, etc.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, CynicalMexican said:

To me this is my realistic best case scenario. GTA 3 port to PS5/XBX with updated HD models, textures, modest graphic improvements, etc.

man i hope they make it in atleast the gta 5 Engine . hd models and high textures will be massive disappointment especially for people who already own the trilogy also remake take a long time so i don't wat they will do

Edited by jonnhy_xv

Well, the thing is, it’s hard to convert and bring all the assets from an old engine to GTA5’s

if they’re even gonna do something, it’s probably gonna be a cheap remaster.

But a 1:1 remake would be pretty cool though ngl

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, jonnhy_xv said:

man i hope they make it in atleast the gta 5 Engine . hd models and high textures will be massive disappointment especially for people who already own the trilogy also remake take a long time so i don't wat they will do

It won't be on RAGE.

3 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

It won't be on RAGE.

Take two said they just don’t port titles over they take thier time to make the game different from the original, according to ceo boss so who knows we’ll have to wait and see.

4 minutes ago, Nawaf said:

Take two said they just don’t port titles over they take thier time to make the game different from the original, according to ceo boss so who knows we’ll have to wait and see.

Well, they will use some other engine, RAGE isn't the only one they can use. And it's definitely not surprising they won't use RAGE because Ruffian wasn't part of Rockstar until recently.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DoctorMike said:

Well, the thing is, it’s hard to convert and bring all the assets from an old engine to GTA5’s

if they’re even gonna do something, it’s probably gonna be a cheap remaster.

But a 1:1 remake would be pretty cool though ngl

I mean, a lot would have to change.

Handling would likely be tightened for the sake of the modern gamer.

Assets would be redone almost entirely, and hell they might add more. Cars, peds, some buildings, etc.

Who knows how the HUD would change, things like clothes, weapon selection, etc.

Even the map would be problematic because GTA 3 LC is quite small. Would they expand the city?

It's not as straightforward as it seems. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

I mean, a lot would have to change.

Handling would likely be tightened for the sake of the modern gamer.

Assets would be redone almost entirely, and hell they might add more. Cars, peds, some buildings, etc.

Who knows how the HUD would change, things like clothes, weapon selection, etc.

Even the map would be problematic because GTA 3 LC is quite small. Would they expand the city?

It's not as straightforward as it seems. 

I said a 1:1 remake because it’d be way less time consuming for Rockstar and it could actually happen, but knowing the new rockstar, the absolute best case scenario would be a 1:1 remake, and by absolute best, I mean ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTE best.

The most realistic case scenario would probably be a remaster with some minor gameplay upgrades/tweaks, it’s either that or nothing, I guess

Edited by DoctorMike
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, DoctorMike said:

I said a 1:1 remake because it’d be way less time consuming for Rockstar and it could actually happen, but knowing the new rockstar, the absolute best case scenario would be a 1:1 remake, and by absolute best, I mean ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTE best.

The most realistic case scenario would probably be a remaster with some minor gameplay upgrades/tweaks, it’s either that or nothing, I guess

Rockstar on the GTA 3 anniversary releasing a GTA 3 themed Online DLC with mandatory co-op:

decxg9t-f60d7aab-e80b-4651-ac03-827f4219

here’s my perfect, yet realistic scenario for potential gta iii remake and 20th anniversary content in gta online:

later this year, rockstar gives the first look at gta v e&e, which also comes in bundle with gta iii remake (but you can buy it separately). this remake, like e&e, runs on newest rage version, and also has raytracing on ps5/xbox series?

the map is basically the same as original, but redone in high quality, not like just better textures like in og xbox version, but a proper overhaul, like no more unsolid roofs, missing spaces between buildings, more props and enterable buildings to be on par with hd era maps, also the map is expanded (proper ghost town/countryside maybe?), also proper aircraft is present, but only after you unlock all three islands.

the vehicles are all redone in high quality to be on par with hd era ones, plus some bonus vehicles, like some most significant vehicles from vc, sa, lcs and vcs, and also bikes, but they are still prohibited in game lore, so you won’t be able to find them on the streets, but rather parked somewhere quiet (and you also get one star while riding it in front of a cop :kekw:)

the weapon arsenal is pretty close to that from gta iv, only with the addition of sticky bombs, flamethrower and a minigun

the soundtrack is the same, but in high quality, also with more songs on each radio station, and two more radio stations: radio del mundo from lcs and completely new radio station with alternative rock music, also they could make it’s own score, like in gta v, but it’s not necessary

the story is the same, with some minor changes and maybe some bonus missions, all characters are voiced with new actors (claude is still silent :kekw:)

the hud is completely overhauled, it retains it’s original style, but now it’s closer to gta sa/stories hud

the gameplay now features in-game internet, which only basically lets you buy cars, the internet cafes are back, the restaurants are enterable, the clothing shops are enterable too and there’s some variations for claude’s look, also barbershops are available, so you can get that player2 moustache :kekw:

basically it’s gta iv with car buying and barbershops, but without girlfriends, also the paramedic/vigilante/taxi/firefighter missions are back, just more modernized, also the unique jumps, rampages and hidden packages are all there

they may also add 1st person mode, as it seems to be a tradition now

as for gta online, it will get a huge map expansion, that is liberty city, but the hd era one. it will include some co-op missions that pay homage to gta iii most memorable missions, some new vehicles from gta iii remake in online, some clothes and such, also the lc will be a groundup for future updates

all of this except the map expansion and missions will be available on ps4/xone too

also since the map in gta iii remake isn’t big, it might also be ported to switch

yeah, all of this is more like a fantasy, then actual speculation, but oh well

Edited by MonoChrome213

I had just woken up and was still half sleepy, and since I missed most of Summer game fest last night, I wanted to check out what Interesting things I missed, maybe if Rockstar made an appearance for GTA Online or something, opened YouTube and saw this on the homepage :

For just a second or two, my heart skipped a beat, but then I slowly realised and saw the channel name, etc. I was happy for 2 seconds today, damn it.

Edited by Orthur
5 minutes ago, Orthur said:

I just woke, and since I missed most of Summer game fest last night, I wanted to check out what Interesting things I missed, maybe if Rockstar made an appearance for GTA Online or something, opened YouTube and saw this on the homepage 

-snip-

For just a second or two, my heart skipped a beat, but then I slowly realised and saw the channel name, etc. I was happy for 2 seconds today, damn it.

That's nice. But I had this in my recommended almost had a heart attack.

:kekw:

2 hours ago, Zello said:

That's nice. But I had this in my recommended almost had a heart attack.

:kekw:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3-UV5SlWRjbq42cKTaQH

I've had that in my recommendation a couple of times before too😭

Edited by Orthur
7 hours ago, Orthur said:

I had just woken up and was still half sleepy, and since I missed most of Summer game fest last night, I wanted to check out what Interesting things I missed, maybe if Rockstar made an appearance for GTA Online or something, opened YouTube and saw this on the homepage :

That feeling when all remaining hope suddenly dies. 

11 hours ago, Orthur said:

Coming exclusive to Playstation My azz plus the music was so bootleg and out of place....fake vídeo 2/10 

Edited by Crateman