• "Sometime in 2022"
    • It's not coming
  3. 3. Pick an R

• Remake
    • Remaster
    • Remakster
    • RIP, I said it's not coming

Bryantashley16

I hope they don’t remaster the trilogy before GTA 6. It’d just hold it back more. (I understand they have enough studios to release both in the next couple years) but with how they are now they don’t like marketing two games close to each other 

StuntMaster100
5 minutes ago, Bryantashley16 said:

I hope they don’t remaster the trilogy before GTA 6. It’d just hold it back more. (I understand they have enough studios to release both in the next couple years) but with how they are now they don’t like marketing two games close to each other 

trilogy remaster is being handled by rockstar dundee which is a smaller studio. Won't affect gta 6 at all. Gta 6 will probably be revealed in 2022.

• Like 3

Chief_Forasteiro

I would be happy if the GTA trilogy was a remake and not just a remaster, but at the same time I don’t want to get my hopes high, so I'll be very skeptical about all this.

• Like 2

I wouldn't hold my breath but hey, GTA III is going to be 20 this year, VC will be 20 next year and SA is going to be 20 in 3 years.

I am not particularly happy with remasters. The fans have been taking care of these games pretty nicely and I would rather not have another sloppy product. Of course you could argue that this is going to be big, it's going to be on a new engine, it will be closely monitored so we get a good product. I am not buying it. But would it be worth it? I can't really imagine unless they leave the engine as it is and they just upscale the graphics.

One more piece of information that comes to my mind. Take2 is a pissy company and love to file cease and desists. Last summer they took down a fanmade San Andreas remake trailer. I wonder if it's them being pissy again or is this connected to the rumors somehow.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bryantashley16 said:

That's why they marketed LA Noire remaster alongside RDR2 in 2017 and released trailers for each game with like a month difference. 😛 They can theoretically release the remasters and VI trailer this year, I don't see why not. It's not like VI is coming anytime soon that it would hamper the sales of the remasters.

topic name got changed from "GTA Trilogy Remaster Speculation Topic" to "GTA Trilogy Remaster/Remake Speculation Topic"

obviously this is another hint that it wont be a simple remaster, but a full remake! this makes the whole thing even better!

if all of this is really true, it will somehow push back the release of a gta 6, whats kinda sad coz its already been too long, but having a trilogy remake will make the wait for gta 6 a bit less frustrating

The possible remastered trilogy is not delaying GTA 6 by any means, GTA 6 is in development and it's not coming until 2023/24 regardless the remastered, wich Will be likely handled by Rockstar Dundee.

22 minutes ago, Crateman said:

The possible remastered trilogy is not delaying GTA 6 by any means, GTA 6 is in development and it's not coming until 2023/24 regardless the remastered, wich Will be likely handled by Rockstar Dundee.

Also adding to the fact that by releasing V E&E it shows that R* wants to keep supporting the game for at least another year and a half. Its why I said before that the remasters/remakes are meant to hold us over till VI. No remasters/remakes= no new Gta content for another 2-3 years. 

Edited by lowriderlife63
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, lowriderlife63 said:

Also adding to the fact that by releasing V E&E it shows that R* wants to keep supporting the game for at least another year and a half. Its why I said before that the remasters/remakes are meant to hold us over till VI. No remasters/remakes= no new Gta content for another 2-3 years. 

Yes we cannot agree more, they Will milk GTA v at least 2/3 years, plus the trilogy Will attract nostalgic old school players and new players, they Even can give trilogy buyers gtao bonuses, it's a win/win situation,they are krafting GTA VI and they Will not rush, the wait Will be worthy 

• Like 2

I want to see more love and respect from Rockstar Games for us players, nothing else.

My love and respect will grow more if they take care of their old gems (GTA IV Included).

That's all.

6 minutes ago, Crateman said:

Yes we cannot agree more, they Will milk GTA v at least 2/3 years, plus the trilogy Will attract nostalgic old school players and new players, they Even can give trilogy buyers gtao bonuses, it's a win/win situation,they are krafting GTA VI and they Will not rush, the wait Will be worthy 

Pretty sure the majority of Gta O players never experienced III/VC/SA stories so like you stated it will bring in more players to VI and introduce them to the entire franchise. It also gives R* the opportunity to cash out some more before there big release. 

2 hours ago, Felipeborges388 said:

That looks awful, a bunch of generic Unreal Engine assets, completely bizarre lighting and colors, completely destroyed the atmosphere of the original game
tenor.gif

The only thing that's missing is all streets being eternally wet for no f*ckin' reason.

2 hours ago, Bryantashley16 said:

You sound like you are thinking these remade trilogy games are coming years from now.

My gut feeling says it's gonna be much sooner. Much much sooner.

1 minute ago, Mach1bud said:

You sound like you are thinking these remade trilogy games are coming years from now.

Image result for im ready gif

• Like 1
  • Best Bru 2

8 hours ago, WELLGAMER789 said:

Was it in those posts where the hints started? ( Click to be redirected to the post showing the image, I don't know why they don't appear here. )

50 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Assuming an announcement is very close. Before March 31st.

Anyone think if the remakes/remasters happen that they’ll be on Nintendo switch? 
Such an underrated console, and Nintendo needs more GTA. If they can manage to port Assasins Creed 3, 4, Saints Row 3,4, Witcher 3 etc to switch, I don’t see how they can’t put the original trilogy or GTA IV on it. 
I played LA Noire on switch and oddly preferred it to when I played on XB 360.

10 minutes ago, LodwigRedemption said:

I'd just like to know if @Mach1bud's truck is red

No? It's like a cream/tan color. I already posted videos about it.

LodwigRedemption
Just now, Mach1bud said:

No? It's like a cream/tan color. I already posted videos about it.

Cheers, I couldn't find the video

Cash 4 Clickbait
24 minutes ago, suicidal_banana said:

- A multi billion dollar company that has their own bespoke game engine (thats very successful) is never going to do anything with unreal engine, especially with how tencent is turning that once great engine into a f*cking joke of unrealistic demo's.

I've mentioned before but I'll say it for this thread; The acquisition of Ruffian took place in October 2020. The UK was (and still is) in a work from home scenario. It'd be easier for R* big wigs to let R* Dundee hit the ground running using tools the Engine Team will incredibly likely all be individually familiar with, rather than try and get them set up and familiar with the RAGE Engine, while they're all working individually at home.

Edited by Cash 4 Clickbait

Hard to say if Rockstar will ever remaster or remake the 3D GTA games. It isn't too far fetched to assume they would do it, but at the same time, why should they? I would be happy if they can fix some frustrating missions, upgrade the graphics, higher quality VA, and among other stuff. But at the same time, Re-buying the license for the songs might be a pain in the ass and hiring the VA to reprise their roles, just spells money issues. I guess one could argue money isn't that tight at Rockstar HQ, but I also want to bring up another point. Would they even fix anything?

I haven't forgotten the irritation GTA 3 gave me and Vice City has it's fair share, would they even bother to redo missions and make new ones? I don't think so. If I had to imagine what a 3D GTA remake would look like, it would just be HD graphics and some music still intact, but a small bit of the OST missing. I'm not doubting the possibility of the 3D trilogy remakes, but Rockstar is pretty unpredictable.

So let's hope they give us those remakes. Personally, I would like to play all the 3D games above 30 FPS. But you know what isn't happening? The 2D games being remastered, that will never happen.

10 hours ago, VCPR Official said:

IMO not gonna happen due to R* concetrating on MMOs, for SP experience T2 will have 2K brand

I am sort of 100% sure of the opposite. First off, Rockstar has a huge number of devs and coders, and most of them don't get to work on the flagship franchises like GTA or RDR. Also, remember the PSP GTA games, based on the III and VC engines? Rockstar North shopped the development of those two portable GTA games to Rockstar Leeds, and because they weren't completely hamstrung by what to do and not to do, they actually did some really cool things in those games. VCS in particular, I think Leeds really hit their stride. I was, and still am sorry that was the last game they made off that series. The Empire Building comes to mind when I think of great new features they added, and I thought that s**t was way ahead of its time way back in the early days even before IV launched. I'm sure Rockstar has plenty of devs they can designate to remastering the 3D Era games without losing a beat on GTAO, RDRO, or any new titles. It's a win-win for them, too, because it just adds to Take2 and their continued revenue stream. 

Actually, my biggest fear is that it is coming out, and like most of the past re-releases of any of the 3D Trilogy games the Remastered will be a big, fat nothing burger. Pretty much all the re-releases have been nothing but throwaways and money grabs, marketed to people who were dying to see new versions of those old, awesome games. I mean, they couldn't even be bothered to put in removed contents, like some of those so-called secret San Andreas missions in Los Santos that modders found and added to the PC version. Also, there was stuff taken out of III and VC for whatever reason, probably due to PS2 system or resource limitations. Yet they could never bother to add any of this back in? Like ever?

Didn't stop them from removing a lot of great licensed music from all the games because they didn't want to pay to use them again, except III because a lot of that music, with the exception of Flash FM was either Rockstar proprietary or public Domain, like G Clef.

They had such a great opportunity to add new stuff or add goodies and bonuses when they came out with the PS3/360 versions, and when they released the enhanced graphical versions on mobile platforms and Windows apps. Yet, nothing but disappointment, even with things looking a little shinier and more detailed. My opinion is that they will be remastering the Trilogy. They have no reason not to. But I bet they take the easy way out and just have a few low level devs tweak them for higher resolution and frame rate, porting them over to the new consoles and PC, as well as mobile devices.

Edited by ChiroVette
  • Like 4

I'm alright with it*

The company is big enough, or can grow more and more so working on numerous projects at once gets easier. VI will come when it comes, or it won't, but it'll be more because of online's success and not these being remastered or what-not. Plus I love these games, so I'll enjoy another crack at 'em. Love me some CJ, Tommy, Claude and co.

* If they are a thing of course, we'll see one day. :)

And now to read all the reasons why I shouldn't be cool with it. 🤣🤣👹

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Kind of sad how GTA IV is so neglected.

it’s one of my favorites, I loved the darker tone and the storyline was so good too. Kind of miss LC.

Liberty City in IV always felt more realistic than Los Santos in V, maybe more interiors, realistic subway etc. 
surprised it never got remastered/ported to PS4/PS5.

unless they are planning on using IVs LC in the supposed III ‘remake’. 

• Like 4

theres a new mod called renderhook that adds ray tracing effects to gta 3 and vice city and it looks amazing without ruining the games art styles. I hope this remaster looks like this at least:

bdfa7c4020bdf9d9a0bd320ff44ba246.jpg

Its the least wanted game, we already saw the story, characters, etc. Maybe its best if they could release GTA 6.

10 minutes ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

bdfa7c4020bdf9d9a0bd320ff44ba246.jpg

Its the least wanted game, we already saw the story, characters, etc. Maybe its best if they could release GTA 6.

It's quite the opposite, GTA 6 it's in full development, Rockstar Will not rush the game, Quality over quantity, the Game at earliest Will come 2023/24, Rockstar Will support online at least until that point and if You analyze the hints the GTA trilogy is more closer than You think.

The release of the trilogy is not messing with GTA 6, a small studio called Rockstar Dundee is developing the trilogy.

I totally understand a Lot of players only want GTA 6 but the Game is not Even announced, then when it's announced Will take 1/2 years until release, patience is key 

• Like 3