• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Lfc

• Zello

• Felipeborges388

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Patience is a virtue.

A "felt nostalgia, might delete later" moment.

Hands across thi ocean brother brother    Tae happier days        

3 hours ago, Zello said:

Why would Rockstar use the unreal engine when they already have their own engine RAGE?

Unreal Engine is ready to use ASAP while RAGE still in works as R* update it for GTA V E&E, GTA VI, RDR Remake and RDR II upgrade.

It would make too much work for them if they do apply RAGE upgrade on three more games.

5 minutes ago, iPeluche said:

Unreal Engine is ready to use ASAP while RAGE still in works as R* update it for GTA V E&E, GTA VI, RDR Remake and RDR II upgrade.

It would make too much work for them if they do apply RAGE upgrade on three more games.

I think it's more likely that Ruffian was just more familiar with Unreal than RAGE.

Edited by Mach1bud

I've spoken about this many times in other threads but I don't see remastered or remake as something that Rockstar would do given their push for industry changing game experiences. I just don't think they have the time to do that. I also don't think they are financially backed into a corner enough to have to bank on nostalgia. In those comments I made you will also see that I said the only possibility remasters would ever happen is if another company made them based off Rockstar code, so Rockstar themselves don't have to put developers on it and adversely affect the production of new game experiences.

But then I just learnt that they acquired Ruffian,  and that they've been working with Rockstar for a while now. So suddenly things just got real interesting. To me it pretty much confirms it. I don't see them making such a drastic decision of acquiring Ruffian just to have the help of 30 more employee's for new titles, they could just employ more people. So yeah, I've gone from 'never going to happen' to thinking it is absolutely going to happen.

I hope Rockstar fills them in on things left out of the 3D era games because of limited tech at the time, and allows them to implement that in what would be definitive editions. Like the gator keys as an example, this would be pretty great. If it's successful, I hope it leads to maybe a Bully remaster and then further along the lines bringing RDR1 up into RDR2's engine.

Edited by DarkDayz
  • Like 2

Wait maybe my inactivity has missed a fair bit of information about unreal. If it was mentioned in a job opening, isn't 'knowledge in unreal' just standard requirements when working with certain proprietary engines with similar workflow?

Edited by deadasdisco

Own topic, this seems promising, as an old fart hardcore GTA player since 1999, i really hope the remastered trilogy comes true, if indeed Rockstar Dundee is working on this iam sure the outcome result Will be great, some people Say "i know the end of the game why play it again" wich is a respetable pov, but in My case i know all endings but i don't remember all missions so while GTA VI is in the making i would totally love to play GTA III VC and SA again, with better graphics, running in modern PC with Windows 10, so yeah bring it Rockstar i need fill My nostalgia and the free extra time due this s#$tty pandemic

Edited by Crateman
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

I think it's more likely that Ruffian was just more familiar with Unreal than RAGE.

Didn't think of that 

2 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Both conditions reunited, you can get quickly some fans acclamed games remastered using the whole architecture of actual NG consoles.

48 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

I wouldnt get too hung up on the definitions of what exactly a remake or remaster is.

remake = reconstruction of a game with latest/modern tech , more likely a completely new game 
remaster = updated graphics , few replacements of textures etc , changing the quality of the style , graphics , sounds , optimization , (remake includes all of the remaster elements btw) 

• Like 2

The only way I can see this happening is if the gap between RDR 2 and GTA VI is long (more than 5 years) to fill in the gap. So then the E&E and possibly the remakes could keep people entertained until the game gets announced. This is if it gets announced in 2023 and released 2025 (big doubt).

6 minutes ago, EliteGamer_6 said:

I swear if I see Gonnae here.....

The man better not be starting his giberish again.

giphy.gif

Live footage of gonnae

Just now, Zello said:

giphy.gif

Live footage of gonnae

Just like Kyrie.....

Dissapearing for a while, but coming back with a bang. 

• KEKW 2

If they were to remaster San Andreas (again?) it had better be an actually improved version for me to turn my head. Nothing's worse than remastering an old game and doing nothing to iron out the objectively bad things about it, continuing to leave cut content out, not fixing any bugs except the most known and infamous ones - that kinda stuff.

While time-based music licenses are inherently unsustainable and probably mean the only way to experience the OG soundtrack in all its glory is by modding, there are some simple fixes that Rockstar could make to drastically improve user experience:

- Add cut voice lines back were they belong. There's a sh*tload of them, just waiting to be used in order to add more life to the missions they're involved in.

- Remove the bug that permanently disables the jealous girlfriend event unless you complete it in an extremely specific manner. That's a cool little touch, but because of how godawfully broken it is, it was practically a f*cking myth for some time until players found out how it works.

- Make gang territories less broken by ditching the small, fly-sh*t sized ones entirely.

- Give the nameless district east of Camel's Toe and Come-a-Lot some kinda name, and make the local Pay 'n Spray function normally and marked on the map.

- Also at least have the option to mark hospitals and police stations on the map. Seems so wasteful to have unique symbols for them, only ever used in one mission.

- Add the cut FBI Truck and maybe the Andromada as an obtainable vehicle. (There's the RC Cam too, but it not only has weird slippery controls, but also seems like something that would be associated with a cut mission, likely involving spying, and I doubt Young Maylay is up for voicing any new sh*t.)

- Make some cut interiors functional and accessible through normal means. I think there was 2 unused Ammu-Nations and 2 brothels for starters that could easily fit somewhere on the actual map.

...and maybe something more that I've missed.

Honestly I hope this is true. Playing the 3D era titles (on PC anyway) requires a bit of setup to get things to work properly, not to mention how some missions break past 30fps. Controls could definitely use an update as well, and more complicated missions could benefit a lot from checkpoints (Amphibious Assault is a nightmare to do in one go). Give it achievement support on Steam and that would be amazing. No more fiddling with DEP and framerate limiters. It would make the older games much more accessible to newer players, something I think the mobile ports tried to do but ultimately failed due to how awful they are (San Andreas' in particular).

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1
1 minute ago, Maxxeine said:

Honestly I hope this is true. Playing the 3D era titles (on PC anyway) requires a bit of setup to get things to work properly, not to mention how some missions break past 30fps. Controls could definitely use an update as well, and more complicated missions could benefit a lot from checkpoints (Amphibious Assault is a nightmare to do in one go). Give it achievement support on Steam and that would be amazing. No more fiddling with DEP and framerate limiters. It would make the older games much more accessible to newer players, something I think the mobile ports tried to do but ultimately failed due to how awful they are (San Andreas' in particular).

Great comment forumer i agree 

• Like 2

in 2020 Arcadia Squad (3 People from Argentina) decide to put GTA San Andreas into Unreal Engine 4 for Machinima purposes. All was good, they even released a trailer. Then Take 2 Interactive came along and took down their video and put an end to their project. You can still see the video on another Youtube Account, here it is.

Take 2 always take down the remake / remaster projects except of mods i guess , if they putted "Concept" in the title of the video , then it wouldn't be taken down by T2 just like "welcome to the 80s vids" 

last time they took down the RDR1 remake in RDR2 project and the SA remake project , they don't take down ports i guess , GTA3 was ported on nintendo , LCS was ported to PC etc 

StuntMaster100
4 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

Take 2 always take down the remake / remaster projects except of mods i guess , if they putted "Concept" in the title of the video , then it wouldn't be taken down by T2 just like "welcome to the 80s vids" 

They took it down because Rockstar is making remakes similar to this. Possibly on Unreal Engine too.

Edited by StuntMaster100
  • Like 2

Not gonna lie, i expected a teaser for today. It will be interesting to see what news will be on Tuesday and Thursday as RDO standalone and others GTA games discount will end.

I refuse to believe that R* will make a simple remaster as seen as in the vids above. That is the work of 3!!! modders, FOR FREE.

Rockstar has thousands of employees, at the very least we as gamers should DEMAND more than this in order to pay for it. That is my opinion to be honest...

So hold on, this thread was created because people were getting off-topic in the GTAO DLC thread?

Forgive me for not having a care in the world for GTAO, and not exploring that area of the forum much, but what exactly kicked off these rumors and speculation about a 3D Era Remaster? The beginning of this thread feels like I just jumped into page 30 of an on-going discussion.

Edited by cp1dell
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, cp1dell said:

So hold on, this thread was created because people were getting off-topic in the GTAO DLC thread?

Forgive me for not having a care in the world for GTAO, and not exploring that area of the forum much, but what exactly kicked off these rumors and speculation about a 3D Era Remaster? The beginning of this thread feels like I just jumped into page 30 of an on-going discussion.

This explains everything well.

15 minutes ago, EliteGamer_6 said:
-snip-

Thanks bruh.

Interesting stuff. Staff here have always had some intel on some level, so I'm willing to believe something is happening.

To this day I'm still confused how Tez went from "guy who looks in GTAO DLC files for hints concerning future updates" to jumping on the bandwagon of "man with the inside scoop at Rockstar."

EDIT: Also, lol at the 2001, 2002, 2004, and 2013 thing. GTA IV still being done dirty to this day.

Edited by cp1dell
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2
Felipeborges388
27 minutes ago, eyman said:

in 2020 Arcadia Squad (3 People from Argentina) decide to put GTA San Andreas into Unreal Engine 4 for Machinima purposes. All was good, they even released a trailer. Then Take 2 Interactive came along and took down their video and put an end to their project. You can still see the video on another Youtube Account, here it is.

That looks awful, a bunch of generic Unreal Engine assets, completely bizarre lighting and colors, completely destroyed the atmosphere of the original game
tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, Felipeborges388 said:

That looks awful, a bunch of generic Unreal Engine assets, completely bizarre lighting and colors, completely destroyed the atmosphere of the original game
-snip-

Yeah, SA with RenderHook and the Classic preset is much better. You get the fancy lighting and shadows, but at least the author of that specific preset tries to maintain the PS2 colors and atmosphere, just with the inclusion of enhanced shaders and dynamic shadows.

• Like 2
On 2/14/2021 at 9:40 AM, Felipeborges388 said:

tenor.gif

yea i love the original Orange timecycle of gta SA 
GTA_SA_Timecyc.png

Edited by DeltaV20