4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Speculation Topic

Spider-Vice

BakeWithMe1000

Rockstargames normally announce stuff late in the day. I would say if we dont hear anything in the next 4h, there wont be an announcement today

1 minute ago, BakeWithMe1000 said:

Rockstargames normally announce stuff late in the day. I would say if we dont hear anything in the next 4h, there wont be an announcement today

isn't it usually this hour?

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Wow Yes!! Finally they are gonna share what the blue book gta 3 script has!! I was bitchin  at them the past months. Finally.

• Like 1
  • Best Bru 1

BakeWithMe1000
Just now, Kovach47 said:

isn't it usually this hour?

nah, ik with previous trailer announcement it was always late in the day 2-4h later then a new gta/red dead week tweet.

TwistedMedia

As much as the PAL cover is iconic and reminds me of being about 10 years old, I'm glad they changed and went with the current style of box art. No other game series has such an iconic boxart style across their games (in my opinion)

• Like 3

ChengizVlad09

Visually, it would be interesting to see what "artistic" approach the creators are going to take not only generally, but also in regards to some specific, technical questions, for instance, " draw distance fog " (especially) in SA.

On one hand, they could simply remove it - which would, I assume, made bunch of you happy - and in that way it could be considered job well done at first sight. "That's UHD as it gets", I guess. On the other hand by removing it, they would have undoubtedly not only killed off the "vibe" it produces, the atmosphere it creates, but the map itself would lose the sense of scale that particular "feature" creates. Ironically, the draw distance fog was put there in order to allow systems to render less things and hence reduce the load. Hopefully, there will still be an option to leave it as it is on Playstation 2 (4).

Would it be wild to think that keeping an eye on the inaccessible logo.png links for when they become active again meaning that they're going to announce + activate store page + (possibly) pre-orders for the launcher? If the anniversary event for GTA O is anything like the special radio station t shirts for GTA SA mobile, it might have to happen before then.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kovach47 said:

well it seems that they aren't announcing anything today, guess I'll join this forum if something new leaks or rockstar actually announces the games

The day is not over yet, let's hope

21 minutes ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

Wow Yes!! Finally they are gonna share what the blue book gta 3 script has!! I was bitchin  at them the past months. Finally.

What is that?

12 minutes ago, David0147 said:

Would it be wild to think that keeping an eye on the inaccessible logo.png links for when they become active again meaning that they're going to announce + activate store page + (possibly) pre-orders for the launcher? If the anniversary event for GTA O is anything like the special radio station t shirts for GTA SA mobile, it might have to happen before then.

I'm keeping a very close eye on the Rockstar Launcher's backend side of things, will update everyone if anything happens.

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

MrGTAmodsgerman
3 minutes ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

Visually, it would be interesting to see what "artistic" approach the creators are going to take not only generally, but also in regards to some specific, technical questions, for instance, " draw distance fog " (especially) in SA.

On one hand, they could simply remove it - which would, I assume, made bunch of you happy - and in that way it could be considered job well done at first sight. "That's UHD as it gets", I guess. On the other hand by removing it, they would have undoubtedly not only killed off the "vibe" it produces, the atmosphere it creates, but the map itself would lose the sense of scale that particular "feature" creates. Ironically, the draw distance fog was put there in order to allow systems to render less things and hence reduce the load. Hopefully, there will still be an option to leave it as it is on Playstation 2 (4).

I also hope they keep the vehicle damage system. Its a very simple modelswitch. But due to that, it was possible to make very realistic damage models that still beat all younger games after SA. Its a very thin ice they walk on. I hope the employers at Ruffian Games, grew up with these games, as they would then know what these games made to them what they became. For draw distance, the map still feels bigger then V map even without the fog. But the nostalgic flavour gets lost when you can't fly in the clouds without seeing the ground.

And when i play orignal SA now, it doesn't feel the same as in the old days. As i am now more familiar with the current technical state of the art. If they really make a new version, there is no way to really do something new, without talking about a remake. What should make the game worth to buy? Playing now won't be the same as back in the day. It feels very outdated and i miss many modern game features. Thats why i think it can be only be more like an Remake. Or Remakster. Think about how fast you can loose the nostalgic flavour when you make some car model in higher quality but won't use the same vehicle lights textures and such? You will loose the memories to it. So what will they do? Thats will be very interesting.

I hope it will keep many good features of the game. I hope they know that they do. In Mafia 1 Remake, they removed the automatic indicators when you had a mission. They removed the ability to ride with the train. They removed the option to be a taxi driver (which they later on added back). So... i hope they make the right decisions. A complete remake with some modern graphic style would be a easier thing to do, if you ask me.

• Like 2

TwistedMedia
13 minutes ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

I think somewhere in the middle would work - let us see slightly further into the distance but still maintain the foggy atmosphere, especially where the cities are concerned. I feel like regardless of draw distance, the cities are going to feel small in comparison to what we're used to nowadays

• Like 1

Just now, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

I also hope they keep the vehicle damage system. Its a very simple modelswitch. But due to that, it was possible to make very realistic damage models that still beat all younger games after SA. Its a very thin ice they walk on. I hope the employers at Ruffian Games, grew up with these games, as they would then know what these games made to them what they became. For draw distance, the map still feels bigger then V map even without the fog. But the nostalgic flavour gets lost when you can't fly in the clouds without seeing the ground.

And when i play orignal SA now, it doesn't feel the same as in the old days. As i am now more familiar with the current technical state of the art. If they really make a new version, there is no way to really do something new, without talking about a remake. What should make the game worth to buy? Playing now won't be the same as back in the day. It feels very outdated and i miss many modern game features. Thats why i think it can be only be more like an Remake. Or Remakster. Think about how fast you can loose the nostalgic flavour when you make some car model in higher quality but won't use the same vehicle lights textures and such? You will loose the memories to it. So what will they do? Thats will be very interesting.

I hope it will keep many good features of the game. I hope they know that they do. In Mafia 1 Remake, they removed the automatic indicators when you had a mission. They removed the ability to ride with the train. They removed the option to be a taxi driver (which they later on added back). So... i hope they make the right decisions. A complete remake with some modern graphic style would be a easier thing to do, if you ask me.

Billy Thomson was originally involved with these games, I'm sure he knows what he's doing. He's definitely passionate otherwise he would've just made more games for Microsoft. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orthur said:

Oh god I can't wait for DF's analysis, they're so entertaining to watch for some reason. I find myself watching their RDR2 videos every once in a while.

"In the here and now"

ChengizVlad09
20 minutes ago, Orthur said:

What is that?

Edited by ChengizVlad09

48 minutes ago, GLA747CON said:

looking forward to this 

The chat is going wild now

6Sdzrq3.png

3 minutes ago, Zapper said:

The chat is going wild now

6Sdzrq3.png

Alright, so GTA VI is set in Las Venturas.

boomboom5950
9 hours ago, illicitstreet said:

Yeah, but VC came out shortly after and Vice City blew LC out of the water

It just feels lifeless in comparison

But I get it, there's just so much that games could do back then, and that's ok

Honestly, vice city was my least favorite map of the three games, the first island was amazing, but the second island felt rushed and the road design is awful 

i swear i just had some repressed memories come flying back to me after i watched a video of the car crusher from gta 3 - i can remember like half the game now! it's been so long i've forgotten most of it... or had. i'm actually a little more hyped for the remakesters now

OH sh*t OH f*ck OH sh*t OH f*ck OH sh*t OH f*ck OH sh*t OH f*ck OH sh*t OH f*ck OH sh*t OH f*ck OH sh*t OH f*ck OH sh*t OH f*ck OH sh*t OH f*ck OH sh*t OH f*ck OH sh*t OH f*ck