3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Speculation Topic

Spider-Vice

I think it will be one big game, GTA 3 as base and VC and SA as episodes of sorts. With multiplayer.

I will going to be bald on 21 or 22 OCT.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Jason said:

...or I was simply pointing out that you didn't know with any certainty that the game would be announced on Tuesday the 12th.

Taking it a wee bit too serious there laddie, you might wanna grow some thicker skin. ;)

Well, that depends. Strictly talking not even Sam Houser and their head of Marketing have "certainty" of the exact date. I just made a pretty plausible guess that I'm convinced is more likely than any other day (many of them combined). Which it's funny. 

Implying that I tried to "troll" for stating an announcement date (which will be right 😉) is being a little... offendable (to put it lightly, since you're offendable, haha). I'm not the one who took it seriously lmao. 

TheBulaPsycho

yoooo, finding big foot in gta sa remastered would be cool, but yet again, i would like to keep this secret of big foot in GTA SA and don't reveal it

edit1: i wonder what specifications i need to start all these definitive editions, like because, they're *REMASTERS*, not REMAKES, but still, they doin' these games on diffrent engine and diffrent new code
so yeah, i really wonder 'bout that

Edited by TheBulaPsycho

Primary hope is that they update the on foot and in car controls. Better movement, crouch in all games, better aiming - not expecting miracles, but an improvement would be nice. In car all I really want is a free cam and better in-car shooting, like GTA IV/V style, not the fixed R1/L1 drive bys that were a pain in the arse anytime you had to shoot from a car.

Beyond that, a wee visual touch up and nothing else touched and I think they'll have done it right. Not sure if I expect all the music to be back, ideally it will be, but we'll see.

2 minutes ago, victm92 said:

Well, that depends. Strictly talking not even Sam Houser and their head of Marketing have "certainty" of the exact date. I just made a pretty plausible guess that I'm convinced is more likely than any other day (many of them combined). Which it's funny. 

Implying that I tried to "troll" for stating an announcement date (which will be right 😉) is being a little... offendable (to put it lightly, since you're offendable, haha). I'm not the one who took it seriously lmao. 

Should probably get to know me before you start throwing a wobbler mate. Me taking it seriously would be following GTAF protocol which is the old fashioned "proof or ban".

People are having a bit of fun tonight with all the news so I'm not fussed, I just don't want that type of thing spiralling out of control with people expecting things on X days because someone said so on GTAF.

VideoTech
6 minutes ago, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

I can't wait to fail

It's mad harder on keyboard but pretty easy on a console controller 

1 minute ago, VideoTech said:

not even that hard on keyboard, on 60 fps i manage to complete the mission first try everytime i replay sa

• Like 2

MrGTAmodsgerman
1 minute ago, VideoTech said:

I played it back in the day on PS2 and only a friend of my brother could helped us to win the mission. But anyway we was younger, not that much concentrated by all that candys we were eaten.

Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

David0147

I remember flipping my car on the mission cause I did the ( < > < ) too quickly. Ah, the good ol' days when I also didn't know that numpad was supposed to be used and I instead used the actual arrow keys and was wondering why I couldn't get any points..

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Primary hope is that they update the on foot and in car controls. Better movement, crouch in all games, better aiming - not expecting miracles, but an improvement would be nice. In car all I really want is a free cam and better in-car shooting, like GTA IV/V style, not the fixed R1/L1 drive bys that were a pain in the arse anytime you had to shoot from a car.

Beyond that, a wee visual touch up and nothing else touched and I think they'll have done it right. Not sure if I expect all the music to be back, ideally it will be, but we'll see.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Should probably get to know me before you start throwing a wobbler mate. Me taking it seriously would be following GTAF protocol which is the old fashioned "proof or ban".

People are having a bit of fun tonight with all the news so I'm not fussed, I just don't want that type of thing spiralling out of control with people expecting things on X days because someone said so on GTAF.

OK then, sorry, I was carried away by the hype.

Disclaimer for all my posts: I'm not an insider, I know the same as you, it could perfectly be within the next 20 minutes or at the end of October. It's just that if I had to bet, definitely would be on the 12th. Why? Patterns I guess. But we're not perfect pattern-recognisers, and some times patterns do not exist. So: just keep speculating healthly, peep. 

Edited by victm92
  • Like 5

lowriderlife63

Maybe in the Saint Mark’s mission we are actually going to chase the guy throughout liberty city. If I’m not mistaken we were originally supposed to chase him in the city but the ps2 couldn’t handle it so they cut that part of the mission out. 

The_Ghost

I am not the best designer out there but I like to mess around in Photoshop a little bit, I made these based on those icons posted before.

GTA 3

MomKsSK.png

GTA Vice City

of2g3Gu.png

GTA San Andreas

tuQ5dip.png

VideoTech

Oh, that's super odd. Rockstar seemingly removed the support page post for VC and SA on the RGL, it's completely gone now. It was there a few days back since I was playing SA

N2NGspL.png

boomboom5950

Man the san andreas trophies with the LC background really makes me hope for some gta underground type sh*t with all the maps combined.

At the very least i could see there being a multiplayer mode similar to gta 4 where we can play as whichever model we want and be in whichever map we want and just screw around in it

jonnhy_xv

honestly the ps4 versions didn't have beat it so these versions probably won't . Still a killer soundtrack tho

boomboom5950
33 minutes ago, David0147 said:

I believe there is no concievable way all 3 games will have all 3 maps in them. That'd mean 3 different renditions of the 3 maps for all 3 different eras. Details would get overlooked in a jiffy if you were doing 9 maps (for no reason too, other than exploration I guess, but then detailing would play an important, if not the only role).

i can see when you select which game you want to play or as i said earlier which multiplayer map you want to play there will be dates with them. Liberty City, 2001, Vice City, 1986, San Andreas, 1992 etc..

R* VIGILANTE

I think that San Andrea's achievement with the liberty city theme is for Marcos Bistro mission. 

Edited by R* VIGILANTE
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, jonnhy_xv said:

honestly the ps4 versions didn't have beat it so these versions probably won't . Still a killer soundtrack tho

No version of GTA has "Beat It" 🤔

imViolet

now for the worst part of waiting for any R* game - when it's confirmed & there's no information out there. i'm already completely overloaded with hype!! end the suffering!!

• Like 3

Crateman

Much people are confused....this is not the bitch and moan thread...this is the trilogy coming soon thread and we are mostly happy and hyped...sure e&e trailer was a fiasco but let people enjoy the trilogy leaks, it's almost confirmed and people are happy and exited, the og's like me and many others Even more...

Edited by Crateman

R* VIGILANTE
10 minutes ago, Lexiture said:

I'm not a nostalfag I won't buy it

Says the guy with the VC avatar. You will protest it but you will buy it in the end. 

• KEKW 2
  • excuseme 1

These are indeed exciting times for GTA fans. I do hope we get some footage soon - I'm tired of speculating, I want answers!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lexiture said:

I'm not a nostalfag I won't buy it

Bruh. Your pfp is artwork from Vice City. So it's artwork old enough to be nostalgic for, from a game that was built around 80s nostalgia.

The_Ghost
1 minute ago, Razed- said:

Here are the official logos:

logo.png

logo.png

logo.png

Oh man, they did away with the underline under Vice City, it was a lot cooler with that.

Felipeborges388
1 minute ago, Razed- said:

Here are the official logos:

logo.png

logo.png

logo.png

Almost got it

• Like 2