3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Speculation Topic

Spider-Vice

10 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Combat Evolved wasn't Ruffian at least so... :p Before anyone starts panicking. Ruffian did Halo 3 and 4.

No, 343 just used the PC version of Halo CE, back in 2011, for Combat Evolved Anniversary. And the PC version was ported in 2003 by Gearbox.

Countdown to annou... Oh, right...

The GTA VI Leak Archive | GTA VI Timeline of Events | Analyzing the Past

1 minute ago, Kirsty said:

If people think the engine discourse is baffling, just wait until the graphics comparisons debates 😪

I'm already cringing so much I can't even add a reaction to your post. :kekw: 

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Cringe reaction when?

cringe-gif-13.gif

Countdown to annou... Oh, right...

The GTA VI Leak Archive | GTA VI Timeline of Events | Analyzing the Past

53 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I was just looking at Halo MCC today as I got Game Pass, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was something very similar to this, especially given two of these games were ported by Ruffian.

1. Each game has its own individual settings - graphics and gameplay. You can alternatively apply it to all games. This is because not all Halo "remasters" look the same.
      Hide contents

unknown.png

2. I think it's likely we'll get a choice screen for what game to play, or even which games we want to install. All of these systems were based on UE4, even if the game code was still in part the original with graphics and gameplay improvements.
      Hide contents

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

3. Imagine you press New Game on the Trilogy DE, but you see this instead (but saying GTA III/VC/SA), which would also make sense
      Hide contents

unknown.png

thank you for making researches for us community spider man :)

if rockstar nail this trilogy they will retain their spot in top 3 developer hall of fame. Insomniac is catching up :yee:

28 minutes ago, Starbeth said:

thank you for making researches for us community spider man :)

if rockstar nail this trilogy they will retain their spot in top 3 developer hall of fame. Insomniac is catching up :yee:

Who are the others? Valve and Naughty Dog?

5 minutes ago, mawerick_mc said:

Who are the others? Valve and Naughty Dog?

this is very hard to chooses because factors like games they have outputed in last 10 years (rockstar is only made 2 :kekw: but legendary RDR2 make ups for it), and size and quality makes it hard to make a purely objective top 3. So personally I would chooses rockstar, insomniac, and third one is not decided :)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Starbeth said:

in last 10 years (rockstar is only made 2 3

wp2127246.jpg

Release Date : 15th May, 2012

And technically they made 4 games beacuse GTA Online might as well be a separate title like Elder Scrolls Online. You don't have to like it to acknowledge how huge and content packed it has become over the years.

arisfelbonilla

23 minutes ago, Zapper said:

wp2127246.jpg

Fecha de lanzamiento: 15 de mayo de 2012

Y técnicamente hicieron 4 juegos porque GTA Online bien podría ser un título separado como Elder Scrolls Online. No tiene que gustarle para reconocer cuán grande y lleno de contenido se ha vuelto a lo largo de los años.

Nowadays, games can be more demanding, more graphics, more details, etc., and they take their years of development.
that's if a company takes it seriously
if it is the case that you want to make a clone game of another with two years it is enough
and worthy of failure
something that rockstar does not happen
since rdr 2 supposedly took 8 years and we did not know until rockstar revealed it
I think if it would not have been for gta online we would be more than bored 

• Like 2

palmtreegoblin
2 hours ago, Pin Lfc said:

Cringe reaction when?

cringe-gif-13.gif

We can just use your avatar. 

Spoiler

HA

39 minutes ago, Zapper said:

wp2127246.jpg

Release Date : 15th May, 2012

And technically they made 4 games beacuse GTA Online might as well be a separate title like Elder Scrolls Online. You don't have to like it to acknowledge how huge and content packed it has become over the years.

thank you I keeps forgetting rockstar made game just 1 year before GTA 5 cames out :kekw:

• YEE 2
  • KEKW 1

God, I hope Rockstar plans on remastering Max Payne 3... that game is criminally underrated and deserves to be on newer console platforms. It's still stuck on Xbox 360 and PS3 without no backwards compatibility support for the Series X.

48 minutes ago, VideoTech said:

God, I hope Rockstar plans on remastering Max Payne 3... that game is criminally underrated and deserves to be on newer console platforms. It's still stuck on Xbox 360 and PS3 without no backwards compatibility support for the Series X.

No BC support for MP3 was very odd as every other Rockstar game available on 360 are BC (even Table Tennis is supported) except L.A. Noire which they did port over to 8th gen consoles, Switch and even made a VR version although that wasn't the full game, but it's been 4 years since that happened so I wouldn't hold breath for a MP3 remaster before something like RDR1.

So PC wins here again and most likely your best bet if you want an adequate experience now and in near future. It still looks and plays good. 

UnderMeister
1 hour ago, VideoTech said:

Indeed. I love this game so much.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lowriderlife63 said:

Announcement this week I hope, the beans have basically been spilled already. 

Take-Two will hold earning call in first week of November (November 5 is likely). If we go back 2 weeks, we reach the announcement date which is October 22. “This is my pure guess.” 

rollschuh2282
9 hours ago, Am3l said:

i believe FiveM team will create something for trilgoy , like they did for gta 5 with FiveM and RDR2 RedM

really doubt it.

Fivem stuff is all based on RAGE and for RAGE games.

so i doubt it would be easy to just throw Unreal engine support into it next to RAGE code

CynicalMexican
7 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

really doubt it.

so i doubt it would be easy to just throw Unreal engine support into it next to RAGE code

yeah this would require to work from it entirely ground up

MrGTAmodsgerman

When we look at all the rumors about the Triology Remasters. Some say it will be a remake (Unreal Engine) and some only a remaster (upscaled textures and such). What about both? When i look at the newest "leak" from the rateing board, and we take in consideration that "The Definitive Edition" is the real name of it. What if one of those these 3 games get a remake and the others a remaster? That is what exactly happend to the Mafia series with the Definitive Edition. Mafia 1 (Remake) and then the released the horrible Mafia 2 and 3 Remaster with just better textures. And both series get marketed by TakeTwo (2K is part of TakeTwo)

EGS_MafiaDefinitiveEditionPreOrder_Hanga

spiel-steam-mafia-ii-definitive-edition-

header.jpg?t=1602775991

Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman
  • Like 1
  • excuseme 1

12 hours ago, El Dorado said:

october 2019 ruffian games was 'hiring people to work on games for Rockstar'

https://scottishgames.net/2019/10/10/now-hiring-ruffian-games-2/

assuming that was the trilogy, then 2 years

I think Trilogy was in development even longer - since early 2019, firstly developed by some R* studio and then send to Ruffian games in October.

No way they start to develop it in October to finish until GTA III anniversary.

Edited by Yannerrins
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

When we look at all the rumors about the Triology Remasters. Some say it will be a remake (Unreal Engine) and some only a remaster (upscaled textures and such). What about both? When i look at the newest "leak" from the rateing board, and we take in consideration that "The Definitive Edition" is the real name of it. What if one of those these 3 games get a remake and the others a remaster? That is what exactly happend to the Mafia series with the Definitive Edition. Mafia 1 (Remake) and then the released the horrible Mafia 2 and 3 Remaster with just better textures. And both series get marketed by TakeTwo (2K is part of TakeTwo)

Then what's the point? Mafia II and Mafia III looks good even by today standards, so they don't need to be remaked, unlike GTA VC/SA.

In my opinion - we will get something like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2.

It's using new engine (which is Unreal Engine 4 too), BUT it was marketed as "Remaster". not remake.

I think Trilogy Definitive Edition (or whatever it will be called) will use the same strategy.

Games will use new engine, have some new stuff, feels like a completely new game, but they still will be "remasters" which stay true to the original as much as possible.

• Like 8

MrGTAmodsgerman
13 minutes ago, Yannerrins said:

Then what's the point? Mafia II and Mafia III looks good even by today standards, so they don't need to be remaked, unlike GTA VC/SA.

The point i wanted to make is that from all theorys, it could be both at the same time. And i can not 100% agree with you. Mafia II looks pretty outdated. And if we talking about a remaster in a simular style as Mafia 2 and 3 Definitive Edition, then a GTA SA and VC don't really need a "remake". Put some Ai upscaled textures onto GTA SA, widescreen fix and some graphic mod on it, and you will get something that can be called a remaster. If you do that, you will get a game that todally fits to the mobile game market. But on PC? Yes, there should be more to be done. But anyways i don't expect much. Not even upscaled textures. Maybe at least some higher FPS, more traffic density and maybe some lube on the characters. So they "suit" the today standards.

Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

The point i wanted to make is that from all theorys, it could be both at the same time. And i can not 100% agree with you. Mafia II looks pretty outdated. And if we talking about a remaster in a simular style as Mafia 2 and 3 Definitive Edition, then a GTA SA and VC don't really need a "remake". 

Mafia II is closer to a GTA IV type of graphics and model quality. Not GTA VC/SA.

And while some people here mentioned that GTA IV need a remaster too, GTA IV graphics can't be compared to GTA VC or SA ones.

Edited by Yannerrins
  • Like 3

MrGTAmodsgerman
1 minute ago, Yannerrins said:

Mafia II is closer to a GTA IV type of graphics and model quality. Not GTA VC/SA.

And while some people here mentioned that GTA IV need a remaster too, GTA IV graphics can't be compared to GTA VC or SA ones.

I know, but you took Mafia II into comparsion with them, or not?

13 minutes ago, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

I know, but you took Mafia II into comparsion with them, or not?

Yes, and (surprise-surprise!) Mafia II looks more like GTA IV or LA Noire, than 15+ year old GTA games. :kekw:

Edited by Yannerrins
  • Like 2

Roriktheredking
4 hours ago, Zapper said:

No BC support for MP3 was very odd as every other Rockstar game available on 360 are BC (even Table Tennis is supported) except L.A. Noire which they did port over to 8th gen consoles, Switch and even made a VR version although that wasn't the full game, but it's been 4 years since that happened so I wouldn't hold breath for a MP3 remaster before something like RDR1.

So PC wins here again and most likely your best bet if you want an adequate experience now and in near future. It still looks and plays good. 

God imagine MP 1,2&3 all in one package, even just in MP3 engine would be enough! Don't think I've replayed anything more than MP3

III, Vice and SA all came out within a 3 year period, in the same generation. It wouldn't make sense to fully remake one of them and treat the rest with a sloppy upscale.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, kBlaise said:

III, Vice and SA all came out within a 3 year period, in the same generation. It wouldn't make sense to fully remake one of them and treat the rest with a sloppy upscale.

Yeah but...

:r*:

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1

7 hours ago, rollschuh2282 said:

really doubt it.

fivem is just a client, it is not based  on rage engine, it was coded in Lua, they can code it same way for trilogy

Edited by Am3l
  • Like 2