4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Speculation Topic

Spider-Vice

3 minutes ago, WanteD1 said:

Trilogy is coming no doubt...
But I can not wait for GTA VCS and GTA LCS Topic.... ( Give us a hint it's coming or not :/ @uNi @Mach1bud ! )

GTA LCS is coming to PC but VCS on the other hand...

Countdown to annou... Oh, right...

The GTA VI Leak Archive | GTA VI Timeline of Events | Analyzing the Past

8 minutes ago, Pin Lfc said:

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

23 minutes ago, TTGMR said:

GTA LCS is coming to PC but VCS on the other hand...

About that... it didn't come up on the Korean rating site. Are we sure?

Edited by TuRkMeRt13

The GeForce listing may only mean they have played around with it and it might not be coming any time soon, if at all, so that might explain why it's not rated.

• Like 2

I bet people will get the Prison Outfit as Pre-Order Bonus

6hLEzwq.jpeg

Wanted to use WildBrick's post, but his account is Deleted?

1 minute ago, KingTheSon said:

Oh... Does anyone know what happened?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VideoTech said:

Oh... Does anyone know what happened?

Might be IRL issiues, He once has tweeted random letters for like an Hour Straight, something about a Breakup, whatever it is, i wish him good luck

Felipeborges388
47 minutes ago, Lukas2580 said:

If there is actually an online version of the trilogy and it also launches on mobile then the games will look worse than pubg mobile on low settings. 

I don't think having a mobile version can limit the game's graphics

Edited by Felipeborges388
  • Like 2

OREOBOREALIS
23 hours ago, TimMiller said:

I don't get the Hate against Rockstar neither.

So far Rockstar didn't release a single bad game, each and every game was a polished masterpiece. Which other big game company has such a clean record?

Sure its annoying how they milk GTA Online dry, but you can ignore it altogether. Its not like they release sh*tty Games with straight up fraud like certain other Projects...

-Some of the dlc stuff quality in rdo has been going up and down (really low) recent years.

-Dan left the R*.

These are my 2 reasons why I have partly lost future hope for the r* games.

Their future does not look good tbh at the moment in my eyes, but i wish im wrong because i have always been big fan of their games. All my favorite games are from them.

Hopefully their next new games turn out to be as good as their previous games.

Edited by Mktz1

Just now, Felipeborges388 said:

I don't think having a mobile version can limit the game's graphics

Well, that depends on the game. For exaple what you showed is a racing game open world shooter requires a lot more power. 😕 We can only hope that the mobile version is fake. 

23 minutes ago, KingTheSon said:

I bet people will get the Prison Outfit as Pre-Order Bonus

6hLEzwq.jpeg

It’s pretty funny how curved the text is. The uniform itself isn’t even accurate to Claude’s prison uniform nor 8-Ball’s :kekw:

OREOBOREALIS
1 hour ago, Mktz1 said:

oops Quoted myself accidently

Edited by Mktz1

3 minutes ago, DoctorMike said:

It’s pretty funny how curved the text is. The uniform itself isn’t even accurate to Claude’s prison uniform nor 8-Ball’s :kekw:

It's just a reskin of the overall already in the game, which looks like garbage, btw. Typical of R* these days. Must've taken all of 3 seconds to make this to celebrate 20 years of GTA 3.

1 minute ago, Ser_Salty said:

It's just a reskin of the overall already in the game, which looks like garbage, btw. Typical of R* these days. Must've taken all of 3 seconds to make this to celebrate 20 years of GTA 3.

I know that, that’s what makes it even worse, they just don’t seem to care anymore. They already have models that look way more accurate to the prison outfit than this

People literally expected Claude’s default outfit, but instead they came up with this poorly made outfit

1 minute ago, DoctorMike said:

I know that, that’s what makes it even worse, they just don’t seem to care anymore. They already have models that look way more accurate to the prison outfit than this

People literally expected Claude’s default outfit, but instead they came up with this poorly made outfit

Claudes outfit would've just been a black recolor of the leather jacket, green cargo pants that are already in game and some sneakers that are already in the game. The green would've been way too vibrant as well :kekw:

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

5 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

Claudes outfit would've just been a black recolor of the leather jacket, green cargo pants that are already in game and some sneakers that are already in the game. The green would've been way too vibrant as well :kekw:

This is true, However the jackets that are in the game aren’t all that accurate, they’re missing the flap pockets and sh*t.

But, I myself, have always thought the idea of adding Claude’s outfit is pretty stupid since you can already don a close enough outfit regardless 

BilinmeyenBey

Opinion time huh? OK then:

- I believe this news. You know, there are a lot of leaks. It will happen. But:

- But I don't believe it will turn out well. It will be made with Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine! The game engine that PUBG is made of, which I dislike is the game engine. I don't know if Rockstar chose this game engine because they don't care about quality, but it's likely to be used so that they can sell these games in other platforms aswell. (mobile, switch, etc.).

11 minutes ago, BilinmeyenBey said:

Opinion time huh? OK then:

- I believe this news. You know, there are a lot of leaks. It will happen. But:

- But I don't believe it will turn out well. It will be made with Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine! The game engine that PUBG is made of, which I dislike is the game engine. I don't know if Rockstar chose this game engine because they don't care about quality, but it's likely to be used so that they can sell these games in other platforms aswell. (mobile, switch, etc.).

You're undermining Unreal Engine. Just because one game looks off, it doesn't equal that the remasters will look bad. It's one of the best game engines on the market.

There's a ton of games using UE such as Days Gone, Sea of Thieves, LiS True Colors and they look insane. 

Edited by VideoTech

I don't get the hate for Unreal, there's absolutely nothing bad about it, and it's certainly not any indication of how the remasters are going to be. It's like Unity, are people aware of how many games use the Unreal Engine? Just to name a fair few, Kingdom Hearts 3, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2, Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, Psychonauts 2, Satisfactory, Little Nightmares, Batman: Arkham (Asylum, City, Knight) all use it, and their art styles and gameplay are so vastly different.

kingdom-hearts-3-review-6818.jpgtony-hawks-pro-skater.jpeg4bw3Lbx5DjztytEsichRwe.jpgpsychonauts-2-screenshots_rrfq.jpgss_969cc0ee250048267ba4cbd6187dbeb93cfd285b.1920x1080.jpg?t=16233354583Cz9mkUGzAPnWbkJ8kWYJb.jpgbatman-arkham-knight-screen.jpg

Don't judge the game by its engine, judge it by what the developers did with it.

I'm certainly curious as to how Rockstar will be using it for these games if the rumours are true, though.

In general, most things that you see in gaming discussions attributed to game engines are down to the devs - you can have the best lighting system in the world, but the engine doesn't create your models or textures, it doesn't code all your shaders, it doesn't place and tune your lights...Same with movement, networking, etc.

The trilogy being in Unreal would tell us nothing about how it'll look or play!

gwZr6Zc.png

3 minutes ago, RedDagger said:

In general, most things that you see in gaming discussions attributed to game engines are down to the devs - you can have the best lighting system in the world, but the engine doesn't create your models or textures, it doesn't code all your shaders, it doesn't place and tune your lights...Same with movement, networking, etc.

The trilogy being in Unreal would tell us nothing about how it'll look or play!

A somewhat decent example is Kojima and MGSV & Death Stranding. Kojima used the Fox Engine for MGSV, but for Death Stranding he used the Decima engine Guerrilla used for Horizon Zero Dawn. Death Stranding plays and feels extremely similar to MGSV and nothing at all like Horizon Zero Dawn.

The engine being used only means so much. What the developers actually do with it changes everything, however. 

arisfelbonilla
1 hour ago, Ser_Salty said:

GTA V? : kekw:

if gta 5 is so bad why is it still selling: V ??

man, I like me, it's not perfect and it's not the worst either

• Like 2

lowriderlife63

Announcement this week I hope, the beans have basically been spilled already. 

palmtreegoblin

An engine like Unreal makes the most sense from a time and efficiency POV. Especially when we have a group of devs that have probably never worked with Rockstar's proprietary stuff. If these games were being remastered/remade with RAGE I'd imagine they'd be years away still.

And on top of that, this release will be somewhat stylized regardless of what anyone here is willing to regurgitate. They have to be in order to retain the 3D era's identity. 

• Like 5

I was just looking at Halo MCC today as I got Game Pass, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was something very similar to this, especially given two of these games were ported by Ruffian.

1. Each game has its own individual settings - graphics and gameplay. You can alternatively apply it to all games. This is because not all Halo "remasters" look the same.
    Spoiler

unknown.png

2. I think it's likely we'll get a choice screen for what game to play, or even which games we want to install. All of these systems were based on UE4, even if the game code was still in part the original with graphics and gameplay improvements.
    Spoiler

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

3. Imagine you press New Game on the Trilogy DE, but you see this instead (but saying GTA III/VC/SA), which would also make sense
    Spoiler

unknown.png

3 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I think it's likely we'll get a choice screen for what game to play, or even which games we want to install

Mass Effect does the same.

4 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

This is because not all Halo "remasters" look the same.

And not so fun fact, but the Halo: Combat Evolved 'remaster' uses the significantly inferior PC version. They've only just recently began to fix some of the issues. Halo 2 has somewhat similar bugs and issues, unfortunately.

Also, you should play through all the Halo games, chronologically. If you haven't already. But f*ck Halo 2 on Legendary.

1 minute ago, Pin Lfc said:

And not so fun fact, but the Halo: Combat Evolved 'remaster' uses the significantly inferior PC version. They've only just recently began to fix some of the issues. Halo 2 has somewhat similar bugs and issues, unfortunately.

Combat Evolved wasn't Ruffian at least so... :p Before anyone starts panicking. Ruffian did Halo 3 and 4.

• Like 4

If people think the engine discourse is baffling, just wait until the graphics comparisons debates 😪

fib_ufo_small.png