3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Speculation Topic

Spider-Vice

ROCKSTAR MANIC

We know that tweet is fake but low key it produces dopamine cause you’ll imagine that’s how the official one would be.

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Lot of music will be lost for sure, even GTAV lost its first song now with license issues, let alone the older games.

But this is a whole new release.  Heck, maybe they'll re-license up the expired songs. 

35 minutes ago, trip said:

But this is a whole new release.  Heck, maybe they'll re-license up the expired songs. 

I doubt it but we'll see 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

People seem really confident this trilogy is definitely happening. I hope it is, but are people just going off the titles being rated the other day? 

ArthurZussman
8 minutes ago, daley86 said:

People seem really confident this trilogy is definitely happening. I hope it is, but are people just going off the titles being rated the other day? 

Not only by that but also by this entire post:

Edited by ArthurZussman

There was an urgent conference call by T2 today and i just finished listening to it.
Here's the bits I think are worth mentioning:

1. Only 12 people are now working on GTA Online. 
Zelnick said that profits from Shark Cards have dropped under 1 Billion USD for the same 3 quarters compared to 2020.
he then added "We can't afford to keep all 12 people with returns this low. We have lawsuits to fund!"

2. Rockstar's community manager had his own segment in the call and discussed the recent backlash surrounding the E&E trailer.
He shared his findings concerning 76 people on a GTA fanboy forum where all of them expressed their unwillingness to buy E&E
Even more shocking was that 16 of them were unwilling to buy neither E&E nor Trilogy: DE.

People from T2's financial department added:
"Because of such uncertainties we had to propose a new lowered budget for song licensing. Licensing of the original soundtrack of all three games wouldn't make financial sense considering the the tough times our company is going through.
This however will not hinder in any significant way the experience our upcoming titles will provide our fans and on the contrary will only further Enhance and Expand the Experience.

Rockstar will announce everything regarding the new radio stations featured in our upcoming releases. Soon.
In the meantime here's a sneak peak:

K-Rose and K-DST will be merged into one radio station called K-Pop which boasts a repertoire of period correct K-Pop songs from the early 90s

strange, when I listened to it all I heard was sam and strauss arguing over who could do the most coke

sam won the argument btw

gwZr6Zc.png

Maybe just maybe it’ll be like Mafia 1 …before someone attacks me remember this is ruffian games we’re talking about (R* Dundee) my expectations will be high on this one

Just now, Devdevi45 said:

Maybe just maybe it’ll be like Mafia 1 …before someone attacks me remember this is ruffian games we’re talking about (R* Dundee) my expectations will be high on this one

Uh, sorry to burst your bubbles but Ruffian Games has a poor track record, their only true accomplishment, and the only game they've actually developed on their own was Crackdown 2 which had received mixed reviews and is said to be quite mediocre. Just because they're part of R*, doesn't automatically make them good, also, it's a fairly small studio and I think they're merely tasked with porting games and sh*t. Not to mention all the rumors (fake or not) said that this is gonna be a remaster, not a remake.

Edited by DoctorMike

19 minutes ago, DoctorMike said:

Uh, sorry to burst your bubbles but Ruffian Games has a poor track record, their only true accomplishment, and the only game they've actually developed on their own was Crackdown 2 which had received mixed reviews and is said to be quite mediocre. Just because they're part of R*, doesn't automatically make them good, also, it's a fairly small studio and I think they're merely tasked with porting games and sh*t. Not to mention all the rumors (fake or not) said that this is gonna be a remaster, not a remake.

You’re probably in the same bunch of people that said a remaster will never happen 

Just now, Devdevi45 said:

You’re probably in the same bunch of people that said a remaster will never happen 

That has nothing to do with what I just said but ok

newuserthatalreadyexists

I still think there will be no remasters or remakes, just ports, if anything... 

Mark my words please. 

7 hours ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

We know that tweet is fake but low key it produces dopamine cause you’ll imagine that’s how the official one would be.

No it wouldn't. See my post from page 368 and try to be more observant. 

6 hours ago, trip said:

You think Rockstar are made out of money?

/s

Countdown to annou... Oh, right...

The GTA VI Leak Archive | GTA VI Timeline of Events | Analyzing the Past

2 hours ago, DoctorMike said:

Porting is very complex and requires talent/experience. Good porting studios are pretty few and far between

• Like 2

Space Cowboy

If these games are running on unreal engine, I wonder to what extent the gameplay will feel moreless the same across the trilogy. The original trilogy had the same engine, but there were substantial upgrades between each game, particularly between VC and SA.

I feel like there's gonna be a mish mash of things, Unreal for some elements like graphics/rendering and perhaps physics (especially if these games are gonna be 60 FPS) but the older (possibly enhanced) code for some of the other stuff - mission scripts, etc. Kinda like Halo MCC used parts of its original engine.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

3 hours ago, BAGS00 said:

Gta4 remastered

Reveal hidden contents

On renderware :kekw:

I was conscious of the massive leap in graphics, animation and physics that GTA IV had over it's predecessor. But damn seeing the trailer remade in the older engine shows even more the huge jump.

Edited by mawerick_mc
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, 0909090 said:

If these games are running on unreal engine, I wonder to what extent the gameplay will feel moreless the same across the trilogy. The original trilogy had the same engine, but there were substantial upgrades between each game, particularly between VC and SA.

GTA III & Vice City are practically identical, in terms of gameplay. The differences are only really noticeable between Vice City & San Andreas.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, deadasdisco said:

Porting is very complex and requires talent/experience. Good porting studios are pretty few and far between

I mean, even a small and horrible studio like War Drum managed to port the classics for mobile, sure they weren’t good, but at least the performance was stable, at least for me.

Ruffian could do better ports, sure, but I just don’t see them being able to remake not one but THREE games. They always seemed to be more of a co-dev studio like d3t to me

8 hours ago, Devdevi45 said:

I'm with you on this one and I wouldn't say these are high expectations either.

I too would expect Trilogy: DE to be at least on par with the original Mafia 1.

Edited by PUTKA
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 2

Space Cowboy
1 hour ago, Pin Lfc said:

GTA III & Vice City are practically identical, in terms of gameplay. The differences are only really noticeable between Vice City & San Andreas.

Yeah, except missing types of vehicles, which they wouldn't add, and a few quality of life improvements from VC that make a difference, which I think they'll add (like the ability to pop tires, bail out of vehicle in III etc.). But I was more wondering whether people expect the character movement and the general feel of the game to be the same. I think they will alter the gameplay in some way, specifically because Gematsu mentioned there will be some content changes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inter6135 said:

Always remember fellas.

DVo9jYY.jpg

No offence mate but when you got morning wood or a sudden one do you think that patience is key? 

Or just wanna get it on so you can relax a bit?:kekw: :kekw:

Its like that for me at this point. F$(#)kong announce it already. 

I am past the patience point, i just wanna visit Vice City in HD.

Edited by Dourvas

40 minutes ago, 0909090 said:

Yeah, except missing types of vehicles, which they wouldn't add, and a few quality of life improvements from VC that make a difference, which I think they'll add (like the ability to pop tires, bail out of vehicle in III etc.). But I was more wondering whether people expect the character movement and the general feel of the game to be the same. I think they will alter the gameplay in some way, specifically because Gematsu mentioned there will be some content changes.

I would hope so. I'm somewhat of a purist, but at least the originals (even if they aren't the 1.0 versions) are still available on PS4, if you don't like the idea of too many changes.

16 minutes ago, Dourvas said:

No offence mate but when you got morning wood or a sudden one do you think that patience is key? 

Or just wanna get it on so you can relax a bit?:kekw: :kekw:

Its like that for me at this point. F$(#)kong announce it already. 

I am past the patience point, i just wanna visit Vice City in HD.

I too want to touch myself in the morning. I mean... play Vice City remastered 👀