4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Speculation Topic

Spider-Vice

3 hours ago, Ser_Salty said:

I don't get people saying that the old maps aren't detailed enough, so they'd have to make new maps, like, did it ever occur to you that they could just... add detail? Keep the layout of the map, redo the assets and terrain and add more details to streets, alleyways, buildings etc. Like that artstation of an HD Grove Street that was posted a while ago. I reckon a handful of talented 3D artists could knock a remade San Andreas map out in a matter of months, it's not all that big, after all. Even with Vice City and III's Liberty Cits factored in, those maps could easily be remade by a dozen people within a year, since you can just skip the entire map planning phase. Biggest trouble would be doing new mocap for all of the cutscenes, probably. With voices we'd just have to bank on Rockstar still having the uncompressed audio files, otherwise we're just gonna have to hope that they have some very talented sfx magicians at Rockstar Dundee.

(if we are still talking about adding these maps to gta online which is where this conversation originated from) its not only about detail, these old maps are deisgned differently too. Also, 3d era cities are much smaller than HD era cities and are modeled after many cities as opposed to just one in HD era games. For example GTA 3's Liberty city even with tons of added detail and textures, it still wouldnt fit in with GTA 5's maps, GTA 4's liberty city would.

2 hours ago, cp1dell said:

But the 3D trilogy has a certain "style" to it that I just can't see being remade into something on the level of RDR2, and I certainly don't see them changing anything about the maps.

IMO they even shouldn't change the style of these games. They should still feel like those old games, modernised but old, not like brand new games.

https://www.fraghero.com/rockstar-is-open-to-remastering-gta-games-but-only-if-this-condition-is-met/

This article is from 2016 before all the hype 

"It’ll only pursue such opportunities if it’s confident that it can make the remaster look ‘great‘,"

they look and run quite nice in  https://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windows.html better than pc for those who never owned a ps2 and wanna play vice city stories

s1o1Fa4.jpg

Edited by evel79njpod666

8 hours ago, Ser_Salty said:

I don't get people saying that the old maps aren't detailed enough, so they'd have to make new maps, like, did it ever occur to you that they could just... add detail? Keep the layout of the map, redo the assets and terrain and add more details to streets, alleyways, buildings etc. Like that artstation of an HD Grove Street that was posted a while ago. I reckon a handful of talented 3D artists could knock a remade San Andreas map out in a matter of months, it's not all that big, after all. Even with Vice City and III's Liberty Cits factored in, those maps could easily be remade by a dozen people within a year, since you can just skip the entire map planning phase

Nobody said that. People said about standard 3D Era maps would looks too small for the modern graphics.

And if GTA III/VC maps would looks more or less plausible, GTA SA map with modern graphics would looks like just ridiculous. Because GTA SA have three cities instead of one + we have planes to look at map from high. 

Edited by Yannerrins
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Kris194 said:

3d era GTA games didn't have multiplayer. Regarding remaster/remake, here's a little reminder.

Speaking of reminders :D

rZ9fv2d.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, evel79njpod666 said:

https://www.fraghero.com/rockstar-is-open-to-remastering-gta-games-but-only-if-this-condition-is-met/

"It’ll only pursue such opportunities if it’s confident that it can make the remaster look ‘great‘,"

they look and run quite nice in  https://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windows.html better than pc for those who never owned a ps2 and wanna play vice city stories

s1o1Fa4.jpg

I play them on ppsspp, due to my computer not liking ps2 games very much. :D

K0hEBGg.png

14 hours ago, Orthur The Boah said:

That's unbelievable!, because I could swear even SA's map feels bigger than GTA V. 

Take a drive around both maps, one game takes a while longer than the other. :D About 2.5 minutes longer to be exact. :D

Which game looks more fun to take a road trip in? :D

Map size alone isn't all that is important, the scale the maps are at is more important. 

Edited by Xiled
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Speaking of reminders :D

rZ9fv2d.png

+ online is the cash cow for rockstar.

I would love to drive around with my buddy,  thinking of the old days....

Just now, StuntMaster100 said:

The layout of SA's map is so good. Feels much bigger than it actually is.

They used every trick in the book for that map. Very well done.

Has this been shared already? I do hate that the stone wall has been re-placed, but other then that it looks cool:

yakov-yaskevich-gtalike2.jpg

21 minutes ago, Lioshenka said:

Has this been shared already? I do hate that the stone wall has been re-placed, but other then that it looks cool:

yakov-yaskevich-gtalike2.jpg

Where is it from?

41 minutes ago, Lioshenka said:

iirc it was posted few pages back already. If remaster/remakes are real I wouldn't mind if they look something like that. It looks nice and balanced, not over the top and super f*ckin shinny like those mods people usually use and It also looks modern but the same at the same time, I like it. 

I just like how LC is beautifully ugly, if that makes sense. 

Edited by Pingley
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Those Screenshots, wow, Great work by the artist. This makes me more exiting for the rumoured remake, It would make the wait for GTA VI infinitely better.

2 hours ago, Orthur The Boah said:

Those Screenshots, wow, Great work by the artist.

You can clearly see, that artist had respect for source material unlike most creators of graphics mods, that make the game look flashy.

Edited by Kris194

2 hours ago, Pingley said:

iirc it was posted few pages back already. If remaster/remakes are real I wouldn't mind if they look something like that. It looks nice and balanced, not over the top and super f*ckin shinny like those mods people usually use and It also looks modern but the same at the same time, I like it. 

I just like how LC is beautifully ugly, if that makes sense. 

I like how the artist managed to retain the colour scheme and the emptiness of the streets. The problem I have with GTA 4/5 (which is probably due to the way Rage handles light) is that the models are detailed and each detail stands out too much. The whole impression from standing in the street is that everything is so cluttered. It's fine during the day, but at night when everything is supposed to be poorly lit and barely distinguishable it just looks so busy and bad.

Same with the rain, GTA 4/5 on occasion look like the mods you mentioned, with shiny puddles everywhere.

GTA 3 sort of has this vibrant blue colour scheme, and yet nothing in particular grabs your attention as you are driving around. Don't really know how to better describe it!

LodwigRedemption
15 hours ago, evel79njpod666 said:

s1o1Fa4.jpg

Damn, nice find!

15 hours ago, evel79njpod666 said:

s1o1Fa4.jpg

PPSSPP emulation is way better than PCSX2 

but modding is pretty bad 

@Tez2 just changed his Twitter banner into a Gta trilogy image.

If two things are undisputed in this life:

1.the earth is round NOT flat

2. Tez doesn't [email protected]$king lie when it comes to leaks.

Expect something really soon.

2 minutes ago, Dourvas said:

...well, about that...

/s

21 minutes ago, Dourvas said:

@Tez2 just changed his Twitter banner into a Gta trilogy image.

If two things are undisputed in this life:

2. Tez doesn't [email protected]$king lie when it comes to leaks.

Expect something really soon.

unknown.png

7 minutes ago, WELLGAMER789 said:

unknown.png

Looks like we are almost there!

Tomorrow... It could be the day. 

• Like 1

Hopefully we won't be disappointed,  I am still denying to myself that nothing special will happen with this so I don't get disappointed. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pingley said:

Hopefully we won't be disappointed,  I am still denying to myself that nothing special will happen with this so I don't get disappointed. 

best to keep expectations low tbh