Jump to content

GTA III and Vice City fully reverse engineered


The Hero

Recommended Posts

gamerzworld

tenor.gif

 

Congrats on the restore! Here's to the future of deviating from Rockstar's Vision improving and porting the GTA 3D universe pentalogy (or hexalogy if you count Advance).

Edited by gamerzworld
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations on getting the project back on the track again, @The Hero and the rest of the team! Wish you people lots of good luck with it, keep it up!:^:

 

Looking forward to a binary release of the reLCS branch, by the way...:)

Edited by H-G
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello. I have a question about this project. Can I run this "mod" through modloader? If I understood this correctly most of the mods won't work like Silent's patch, SkyGfx or Ped speech and others, but can I add mods for models/hud like radar or weapon icons? Sorry if questions are stupid. Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 4:54 PM, ChubbyB0b said:

Hello. I have a question about this project. Can I run this "mod" through modloader? If I understood this correctly most of the mods won't work like Silent's patch, SkyGfx or Ped speech and others, but can I add mods for models/hud like radar or weapon icons? Sorry if questions are stupid. Thanks in advance

Texture stuff is fine, limits can be adjusted in the compile, however this isn't a "mod" it's a complete exe replacement things like SilentPatch, SkyGFX, etc, are already accounted for.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 6:27 PM, Ash_735 said:

Texture stuff is fine, limits can be adjusted in the compile, however this isn't a "mod" it's a complete exe replacement things like SilentPatch, SkyGFX, etc, are already accounted for.

So this cannot be run with modloader, I have to replace vanilla stuff with those files. Got it. Latter part is confusing for me, so they won't work atm but will later? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 7:03 PM, ChubbyB0b said:

So this cannot be run with modloader, I have to replace vanilla stuff with those files. Got it. Latter part is confusing for me, so they won't work atm but will later? 

No modloader will not work with this. Manual replace works fine. The features of SilentPatch and SkyGFX are already included in re3/reVC.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great this is back online 😁 Now is it possible to fix some bugs, like the anti aliasing line at top/left of screen

Edited by tommy95
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there simple instruction for installing this? I have a clean GTA install. I've never modded games before..just got a PC recently. 

I tried extracting it directly into the GTA 3 folder from steams "open file location" button but it wont even load the game after doing that. does it need to go in a different folder?

Hope someone nice reads this.  thanks! 

 

*recalls trauma from toxic gta forums of 360 era gta and prepares for various insults directed at new-pc users*

Edited by lannydee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will this re-engineered version of Vice CIty have that annoying rumpo and pony bug (after respray their front bumper is facing opposite direction) fixed? Will that ps2 port be something like leftover fix mod?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2021 at 3:48 PM, lannydee said:

Is there simple instruction for installing this? I have a clean GTA install. I've never modded games before..just got a PC recently. 

I tried extracting it directly into the GTA 3 folder from steams "open file location" button but it wont even load the game after doing that. does it need to go in a different folder?

Hope someone nice reads this.  thanks! 

 

*recalls trauma from toxic gta forums of 360 era gta and prepares for various insults directed at new-pc users*

If you're playing on PC then just grab the pre-compiled Windows version, either OpenGL or D3D9 32bit or 64bit versions, there will be an exe in the file, extract that to the game root folder and run that exe instead.

 

On 6/29/2021 at 5:21 PM, ChubbyB0b said:

Will this re-engineered version of Vice CIty have that annoying rumpo and pony bug (after respray their front bumper is facing opposite direction) fixed? Will that ps2 port be something like leftover fix mod?

Wasn't that fixed in SilentPatch? If so then it should be fixed here too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

greggrulzok

This is a proof that god exists.

Looking forward for a future port of 3/VC for the x360

(idk how i could help cuz not into coding) it would be nice seeing them both making a amazing use of the xbox hardware (unlike well.. the official SA remaster)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2021 at 12:27 AM, Ash_735 said:

If you're playing on PC then just grab the pre-compiled Windows version, either OpenGL or D3D9 32bit or 64bit versions, there will be an exe in the file, extract that to the game root folder and run that exe instead.

 

Wasn't that fixed in SilentPatch? If so then it should be fixed here too.

Not really, I reported it to Silent who said that it's a code issue for those two, he doesn't plan fixing it at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

greggrulzok

Also i just recently saw the to-do list on the github page.
>"Improve performance on lower end devices"
Would a intel g33/31 that only supports OpenGL 1.4 get benefited from it?, (althought according to google 2.1 version is supported too if i edit some stuff in /etc/drirc?) because i tried to play it before the t2 sh*t happened and it was kinda slow (slow af more like) Cuz if i can remember well when i used Windows instead of Gentoo i had no problems with games like even SA, i assume cuz of directx.
anyway, im just happy about the news overall.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

do you people think its possible to make an vr version of gta 3 or vc with 6dof with this source code?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2021 at 10:54 PM, danielox said:

do you people think its possible to make an vr version of gta 3 or vc with 6dof with this source code?

 

 

Yes, though obviously that requires someone with knowledge of those products and their code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about motion control?
That would be the first step to make VR and Wii port

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Does this new version fix back-face culling issues on PC version? In Vice City a lot of things are not rendered at all unless you turn on back-face culling in SkyGfx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No. we could have a hardcoded list of objects that shouldn't have backface culling as we have in re3, but there's nothing to take from mobile so it would be manual work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a way to set the frame limiter to 60 FPS permanently? Or better yet, include the Framerate Vigilante code, as it has become a pretty basic mod.
I know modding is not going through its prime, but if hypothetically re3 and reVC were updated, could it be included?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

question gtavc

I have an issue trying to run reVC on Linux (devuan 3). Its a clean install, no mods

When I try to run it, I get this error (before it segfaults):

casepath couldn't find dir/file "models", full path was models\coll\peds.col

"models" directory exists, peds file exists, I don't know where the issue is.

 

Edit: fixed it, just reinstalled GTA

Edited by question gtavc
dfsfdsfdsfdsfs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a suggestion, you could make the icons of the painting workshops and the Ammunations always present in re3 in free mode, since they only appear during missions.

 

And do you think it is possible to restore the multiplayer mode that Rockstar was planning?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It's being worked on yes. it'll be a while till it's done, but some people have completed the story already. For now it's running on PC, dunno if we'll do a PS2 port. we don't even have gta3 on ps2 yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, The Hero said:

It's being worked on yes. it'll be a while till it's done, but some people have completed the story already. For now it's running on PC, dunno if we'll do a PS2 port. we don't even have gta3 on ps2 yet.

understood, its great to hear.

um...about PS2 port, i was talking about the graphics, will it look like PS2 or mobile?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PSP, PS2 and mobile graphics are implemented.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it would be really nice if re3 and reVC have GTA4 controls, you know driving with RT/R2. Ginput have this

 

in reVC i notice the street lamps falling by them self

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> in reVC i notice the street lamps falling by them self

 

we are aware but don't know what's happening. can't even reproduce this reliably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.