The Hero

Defy T2 fivem did it on a GTA 5, 20 year old games are a pretty soft target

Edited by Atton
typo
  • KEKW 2

CharlesVercetti
3 hours ago, RRT94 said:

Ultimate ASI Loader doesn't work with this, please help? 🥺

It won't! Remember that the new exe is a reverse engineered / modified build?

Which means, the memory addresses/ pointers referenced by a mod made to work with the original exe won't be cooperating with the reversed one.

MeatSafeMurderer
4 hours ago, RRT94 said:

Ultimate ASI Loader doesn't work with this, please help? 🥺

The ASI loader itself works, none of the mods do. They're all written for retail / Steam / RGL, so of course they're not going to work with re3.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 10:21 AM, MeatSafeMurderer said:

There has been a little discussion about it but while the github got yeeted with the rest the build is still available from an "official" source, so it's been pretty quiet. No comment from either of the devs responsible for the ports of either 3 or VC as far as I know, but I doubt they're especially thrilled since they have basically kept the Vita on life support and now their most popular (and requested) projects are just...gone...

They submitted a takedown notice, if T2 doesn't step in again (if it was really T2), the repository will likely go back up and further projects will continue.

MeatSafeMurderer
2 hours ago, Vind Sole said:

They submitted a takedown notice, if T2 doesn't step in again (if it was really T2), the repository will likely go back up and further projects will continue.

...if, and only if, they file counter-claim (and it's a big if since filing a counter-claim is basically like saying "Okay, lets hash this out in court")...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MeatSafeMurderer said:

...if, and only if, they file counter-claim (and it's a big if since filing a counter-claim is basically like saying "Okay, lets hash this out in court")...

I don't know what's worse, it actually being T2 or a random guy that may just fill another claim when it's up.

-Gaming4Life-

I just wanted LCS and VCS ports for PC because i miss those games a lot and playing on pc would be great.
If Take2 and rockstar decide to remake 3d era they should add these as dlc's or add those stories like VC remake starting with Vic's story and ending with Tommy's story and we could be able to play the empire missions with Tommy too generating more revenue with the businesses.
At the end of VC story and Lance's death we could attack Vance's empires that we built with Vic but that would be weird so i'm not sure about that but Tommy would be much more richer...
LCS could have a feature for after completing LCS storyline we could have Gta III storyline as an unlockable... We could also use the pager to message people to get guns and a parachute similar to gta 4... This project *re* had potential but we got to accept the reality. At least Ryadica ported LCS to PC that's something positive.

Pooka Mustard
20 minutes ago, Weeamer said:

I just wanted LCS and VCS ports for PC because i miss those games a lot and playing on pc would be great.
If Take2 and rockstar decide to remake 3d era they should add these as dlc's 

I'm not buying this crap. Their ridiculous obsession with their DRMs and steams is already unbearable, now their rotten behavior means they don't deserve 1 cent, especially if they turn around and release the same stuff they denied us with a DMCA.

F them.

Edited by Pooka Mustard

MeatSafeMurderer
17 hours ago, Weeamer said:

I just wanted LCS and VCS ports for PC because i miss those games a lot and playing on pc would be great. ... This project *re* had potential but we got to accept the reality.

LCS might actually materialise in an official capacity one day...VCS however... I don't think it has ever been officially confirmed why it's not come to any platform since the PS2 version, but my guess is there's some issues with rights and royalties and such around Phil Collins. You can't just cut him like you can music on the radio. Also I reject your reality and substitute my own. Take2 can kiss my arse.

• Like 3

Why do many people around here thinks that Phil Collins' appearance in the game is such an issue, making it difficult to re-release? Do older movies are being taken down from streaming services because one actor may not like it? I don't think so. Besides, Phil Collins seems to be on good terms with Rockstar. His art apperead in more Grand Theft Auto titles, than anyone else.

MeatSafeMurderer
14 minutes ago, kubon352 said:

Why do many people around here thinks that Phil Collins' appearance in the game is such an issue, making it difficult to re-release? Do older movies are being taken down from streaming services because one actor may not like it? I don't think so. Besides, Phil Collins seems to be on good terms with Rockstar. His art apperead in more Grand Theft Auto titles, than anyone else.

It comes down to a difference in how games handle hiring actors and the rights to their performances. My understanding is that in the case of movies any actors involved sign over the rights to the performance to the studio, meaning the studio owns the movie wholly and can distribute it as they see fit as long as any agreed royalties are paid (even if the actor and studio have a falling out after the fact it's written in such a way that once the rights are signed over they cannot withdraw from the contract). In contrast games might only license the use of the performance for that release, which means that not only do they have to get the okay from any actors who appear in it for any further releases, but the actors can decline further licensing resulting in the developers having to find new actors / being unable to rerelease the game.

Edited by MeatSafeMurderer

It doesn't add up for me. Everyone knows that Ray Liotta doesn't like Rockstar anymore. So as Young Maylay or Michael Hollick. They got paid one time. But games where they did VA got re-released at least 2 times. One for mobile (except IV), second on Rockstar Launcher not so long ago.

IMO, the reason why VCS never left Sony consoles is money of course, but more specifically low interest in portable games.

Edited by kubon352
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MeatSafeMurderer said:

It comes down to a difference in how games handle hiring actors and the rights to their performances. My understanding is that in the case of movies any actors involved sign over the rights to the performance to the studio, meaning the studio owns the movie wholly and can distribute it as they see fit as long as any agreed royalties are paid (even if the actor and studio have a falling out after the fact it's written in such a way that once the rights are signed over they cannot withdraw from the contract). In contrast games might only license the use of the performance for that release, which means that not only do they have to get the okay from any actors who appear in it for any further releases, but the actors can decline further licensing resulting in the developers having to find new actors / being unable to rerelease the game.

Just like how Disney couldn't formally crown Giselle as a Disney Princess because they'd have to pay royalties to Amy Adams and/or her estate for her likeness. Still it's baffling given their legal clout and resources, both on VCS and the princesses' part.

MeatSafeMurderer
50 minutes ago, lpgunit said:

Just like how Disney couldn't formally crown Giselle as a Disney Princess because they'd have to pay royalties to Amy Adams and/or her estate for her likeness. Still it's baffling given their legal clout and resources, both on VCS and the princesses' part.

It's not exactly the same though, movie studios have to continue to pay royalties on any revenue regardless...and they only pay it on revenue, so it's kind of a no brainer. With games though if it's a per release agreement, rather than a lifetime one it means they have to renegotiate prices, which opens the door to an actor asking for too much...or just refusing. I don't know, I don't think we'll ever know for sure...and it's not impossible that Rockstar did purchase the performances wholly back then, like kubon said Ray Liotta and Rockstar aren't exactly pally.

3 hours ago, BoubouV12 said:

How to use the Xbox trigger instead of this stupid PS2 setup?

Wait for an update, for some reason they didn't want to include all of the GInput profiles right away for purity reasons.

1 hour ago, Ash_735 said:

Wait for an update, for some reason they didn't want to include all of the GInput profiles right away for purity reasons.

"?Purity?" Yeah pretty much a lame excuse, I think the guy was a PS2 fan.

MeatSafeMurderer
40 minutes ago, BoubouV12 said:

For what it's worth you can still remap the controller in the controls menu / ini. You won't get analog out of the triggers though.

3 hours ago, BoubouV12 said:

I agree lets add ray tracing, hd skins from saints row, real life car models. if they don't want to they are a ps2 fan. 🤪

One of the tragedies of this is that we lost the opportunity for GTA3 to be ported to VC's engine. GTA: Liberty City mod almost happened, but its unfinished and lacks some of the features of the original game. I feel that GTA3 aged really well from a design standpoint, but missions like Espresso-2-Go really expose the game's faults. It is a fun mission, but only if you had installed an in-game map mod and know where the stands are beforehand, so that the challenge comes from planning a good route and taking it as fast as you can. But without the map? A boring trial and error slog. Porting the game to the VC engine would help alleviate these issues without resorting to more mods that sloppily add features. And while GTA: Liberty City missed things like trains and cutscene lip-syncing, since re3 exposed all that code would've made porting those things to VC's engine a lot easier. And it would've also allowed for fixes for even more issues, like cars appearing right in front of the player and disappearing when out of sight.

Remember what Take 2 took away from you.

10 hours ago, Petrolhex said:

One of the tragedies of this is that we lost the opportunity for GTA3 to be ported to VC's engine. GTA: Liberty City mod almost happened, but its unfinished and lacks some of the features of the original game. I feel that GTA3 aged really well from a design standpoint, but missions like Espresso-2-Go really expose the game's faults. It is a fun mission, but only if you had installed an in-game map mod and know where the stands are beforehand, so that the challenge comes from planning a good route and taking it as fast as you can. But without the map? A boring trial and error slog. Porting the game to the VC engine would help alleviate these issues without resorting to more mods that sloppily add features. And while GTA: Liberty City missed things like trains and cutscene lip-syncing, since re3 exposed all that code would've made porting those things to VC's engine a lot easier. And it would've also allowed for fixes for even more issues, like cars appearing right in front of the player and disappearing when out of sight.

Remember what Take 2 took away from you.

devs can march on nothing stoping them

Edited by Atton

you've done an amazing job! is it true that you plan to do the same with lcs and vcs?☺️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Staunton Assassin said:

That would've happened already if Take-Two hadn't axed this project...

Especially if the modders had kept their mouths shut and kept their project silent and then release a final version into the wild, Take-Two would have been screwed!

MeatSafeMurderer
1 hour ago, kubon352 said:

Lol, it was all finished by release.

Depends on how you define "finished". It's still filled with bugs that aren't in the original binary (especially VC)...and reLCS wasn't in any way, shape, or form finished. They also had a list of todos that was never finished.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Atton said:

devs can march on nothing stoping them

I don't think so. It could be possible to finish GTA: Liberty City by brute forcing all the necessary changes, but not with the use of re3 code. Projects like ReactOS require contributors to never look at leaked Microsoft code (which happened to 2000, XP and Server 2003 iirc) for fear that it might lead to them shutting the entire project down. I doubt it might happen to a theoretical finished version of GTA: Liberty City as a project to port a game to a derivative engine is much more niche, it isn't something that would catch the eye of Take2 unlike the release of source code. But there's a risk that shouldn't even exist in the first place.