GTA III and Vice City fully reverse engineered

The Hero

9 hours ago, MeatSafeMurderer said:

Since the team themselves likely aren't at liberty to talk about it (because lawsuits are like that)...here I guess? It's gonna be a slow drawn out process though.

Oh 😕

Hey, re3 team. I've been following the situation for some time, and I want to support you. Do you accept donations?

None of you deserve to be in a situation like this. I think that you did an amazing job. The "Definitive Edition" doesn't even stand close to re3, even while re3 is not fully finished. On the other hand, what Rockstar and Take Two did is totally unacceptable. We can't allow them to treat us this way.

Reverse engineering is a pretty gray area, and whether the project's development violated something really depends on who you ask.

I know that lawyers' services are not cheap and I am more than willing to help. And I'm not talking about spare change here. I feel like at the very least we could minimize the damage done to you. Maybe we could even turn the tide — it's not as fun to mess with the community when it bites back.

And there are other people who also want to help — I've seen at least one such reply here:

https://gtaforums.com/topic/974338-take-two-vs-the-gta-modding-community-2021-ee-edition/page/7/#comment-1071634474

Feel free to private message me — whichever way is more convenient to you, I am open to discussion.

Edited by seven-heads

5 hours ago, seven-heads said:

Hey, re3 team. I've been following the situation for some time, and I want to support you. Do you accept donations?

None of you deserve to be in a situation like this. I think that you did an amazing job. The "Definitive Edition" doesn't even stand close to re3, even while re3 is not fully finished. On the other hand, what Rockstar and Take Two did is totally unacceptable. We can't allow them to treat us this way.

Reverse engineering is a pretty gray area, and whether the project's development violated something really depends on who you ask.

I know that lawyers' services are not cheap and I am more than willing to help. And I'm not talking about spare change here. I feel like at the very least we could minimize the damage done to you. Maybe we could even turn the tide — it's not as fun to mess with the community when it bites back.

And there are other people who also want to help — I've seen at least one such reply here:

https://gtaforums.com/topic/974338-take-two-vs-the-gta-modding-community-2021-ee-edition/page/7/#comment-1071634474

Feel free to private message me — whichever way is more convenient to you, I am open to discussion.

God bless your soul, mate

Lock n' Stock

Just playing this now and man, it's absolutely fantastic. Take-Two can go f*ck themselves for putting a halt to it.

I do have a question however, can existing mods be installed on it by any chance (e.g ClassicAxis, Project 2DFX)?

Edited by Lock n' Stock

2 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Just playing this now and man, it's absolutely fantastic. Take-Two can go f*ck themselves for putting a halt to it.

I do have a question however, can existing mods be installed on it by any chance (e.g ClassicAxis, Project 2DFX)?

No. Any mod that requires a memory-hook will not work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Re3 and ReVC already have option to switch on Free Camera from San Andreas

• Like 1

Lock n' Stock

I'm having an issue on ReVC where a radio track cuts off after 1 hour or so in and restarts (I'm using radio mods). This doesn't seem to happen with the original .exe.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:25 PM, MeatSafeMurderer said:

Anyway I had a bug in VC where the radio stations just stopped working, they were silent. Now I'll just learn how to replicate it and file a bug report on githu...oh...

Yes, I'm having this issue as well! Annoying because everything about it is great otherwise.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

MeatSafeMurderer
11 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

I'm having an issue on ReVC where a radio track cuts off after 1 hour or so in and restarts (I'm using radio mods). This doesn't seem to happen with the original .exe.

Yes, I'm having this issue as well! Annoying because everything about it is great otherwise.

What's the exact size of the .exe? As far as I can tell this was fixed at some point before it got taken down again (although I haven't played with radio mods).

• Like 1

Lock n' Stock
2 hours ago, MeatSafeMurderer said:

What's the exact size of the .exe? As far as I can tell this was fixed at some point before it got taken down again (although I haven't played with radio mods).

Checked it. The size is 3,253 KB (3.17MB).

MeatSafeMurderer
1 minute ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Checked it. The size is 3,253 KB (3.17MB).

You're out of date. The last build before the repo got pulled is 3,875KB for the x64 d3d9 .exe, but even the x86 one is larger than the one you have there.

• Like 2

Lock n' Stock
40 minutes ago, MeatSafeMurderer said:

You're out of date. The last build before the repo got pulled is 3,875KB for the x64 d3d9 .exe, but even the x86 one is larger than the one you have there.

Will seek that one out then, cheers.

EDIT: Yeah, tried a later build and it's still not working. Very f*cking annoying tbh.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

hope t2 and r* lose
will be funny watching other vidya companies mad at rockstar for their f*ckup

MeatSafeMurderer
14 hours ago, Sapocalipsis11 said:

I know this an re3 and reVC forum, but I have a question, is the campaign for reLCS complete?

I believe it has been successfully played from start to finish, and thus could be called "playable" by that definition, but it wasn't complete, no.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2021 at 6:02 PM, MeatSafeMurderer said:

I believe it has been successfully played from start to finish, and thus could be called "playable" by that definition, but it wasn't complete, no.

God I hope that T2 loses the lawsuit and we can finally get completed versions of reLCS and reVCS.

On 11/27/2021 at 2:53 PM, RRT94 said:

God I hope that T2 loses the lawsuit and we can finally get completed versions of reLCS and reVCS.

Also the holy grail, reSA. 

f*cking shameful that even goddamn nintendo hasnt been this abusive towards the guys behind mario 64 port and zelda ones. 

42 minutes ago, greggrulzok said:

Also the holy grail, reSA. 

f*cking shameful that even goddamn nintendo hasnt been this abusive towards the guys behind mario 64 port and zelda ones. 

I feel like San Andreas is gonna be much harder to reverse engineer as it's such a massive game with tons of coding, but yes reSA too one day

Off topic but Ocarina Of Time got reverse engineered also. Will Nintendo act like decent human beings or like R*/T2?

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, RusJJ said:

This is for plugin sdk

I know. He's preparing the terrain. And I know I'm being annoying, it's just I'm desiring that Holy Grail (RE:SA) so hard. My laptop can't manage to handle the Definitive Edition.

Guys, I'm having some trouble with the controls of RE VC. I can't seem to use autoaim on modern controls, and for example the bombs don't drop at the helicopter mission with either modes. Do I have a duff version of the code or what? I'm using an xbox one controller.

MeatSafeMurderer
On 1/6/2022 at 10:08 PM, Antonio Vision said:

I know. He's preparing the terrain. And I know I'm being annoying, it's just I'm desiring that Holy Grail (RE:SA) so hard. My laptop can't manage to handle the Definitive Edition.

Looks to me like the repo is archived and hasn't had a single commit since Take 2 filed the lawsuit. Even if Take 2 loses there's a pretty good chance that project right there is dead. That's sadly often the way, one project gets hit, and many other authors pull theirs down for fear of getting struck.

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to invite you people, to a thread I made...

Everyone can participate. We need to do something about this issue. @The Hero is in trouble because of the evil T2, and the only or at least the most viable solution for now, is to create an alternative to GTA 3D-era series! (Community-Driven and Fully Modable)

More details are right there.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this thread seems to be dead now since the last post was back in January of this year and no one really hasn't posted since (probably because the reverse-engineered project itself is dead), but I can't think of any other place to ask this question of mine other than here....my question basically is how do you save the debug mode stuff in re3/VC (like the blur or the FPS amount for the Limiter)? 

• 3 weeks later...

This could have been the greatest thing ever in GTA modding. But unfortunately got stomped to death by T2 and Rockstar. This is honestly so depressing, I can't actually believe this.

• Like 2