GTA III and Vice City fully reverse engineered

The Hero

i'm just hoping i could use modloader for adding xbox hd gui

i already have III with definitve edition mod from steam, but i doesn't have map menu

keep it up!!

edit: btw is there any mod that could show map menu for III ?

Edited by adam9797

Excuse me, I have noticed the mod "VBDec" is not included in Re3 and ReVC, do you think I can add it in a next update? Since it improves the sound in an incredible way

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedextriarchy/status/1433534811566653440/

Im so f*cking tired of T2 and their f*cking greed, i hope the devs decide to stand up against the f*ckers and take-none ends getting their ass blew up in the court and sets a precedent that every game can be reverse engineered. 

• Like 2

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cand.384429/gov.uscourts.cand.384429.1.0.pdf

I read the first point in the lawsuit and it says that they're distributing the source code to GTA3. They're building this lawsuit on a lie. Bad start.

>Defendants have also been public about adding new “features” to the Games that may be toggled on and off by users at will, including “new cheats” (which are strictly prohibited under Take-Two’s terms of service).5 In essence, Defendants’ derivative code creates unauthorized adaptations of the original Games while simultaneously allowing what Defendant Orçunus has bragged is “the accurate vanilla GTA III/VC experi[e]nce to the extent we've been able to achieve.”
What the f*ck did they mean by this?

Edited by greggrulzok

12 minutes ago, greggrulzok said:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cand.384429/gov.uscourts.cand.384429.1.0.pdf

I read the first point in the lawsuit and it says that they're distributing the source code to GTA3. They're building this lawsuit on a lie. Bad start.

>Defendants have also been public about adding new “features” to the Games that may be toggled on and off by users at will, including “new cheats” (which are strictly prohibited under Take-Two’s terms of service).5 In essence, Defendants’ derivative code creates unauthorized adaptations of the original Games while simultaneously allowing what Defendant Orçunus has bragged is “the accurate vanilla GTA III/VC experi[e]nce to the extent we've been able to achieve.”
What the f*ck did they mean by this?

In one part of the suit they say the defendants are distributing the source code. In another part they say the code is derivative. So which one is it?

Legal arguments aside, this is really just a very scummy thing to do. The games are coming up to 20 years old. The RE code isn't being sold for profit- it was freely available, and was made because people love those games. Are they really saying this will affect sales of the remasters? Come on, man. 

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

On 9/3/2021 at 9:51 AM, greggrulzok said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedextriarchy/status/1433534811566653440/

Im so f*cking tired of T2 and their f*cking greed, i hope the devs decide to stand up against the f*ckers and take-none ends getting their ass blew up in the court and sets a precedent that every game can be reverse engineered. 

Their PC ports are complete sh*t, instead of being grateful for fixes community made for them they act like total assholes and sue the very fans that made them so much money. I think nothing will happen here, creators are not making any money out of that and they didn't use anything that isn't already there but yeah, corporate greed is a real thing.

I hope T2 will lose that. And will pay for that.

Something is really changed inside the company, they are total greeds now, omg.

They are one of the worst video game companies out there, and personally you could put EA and Ubisoft there too. It looks like Rockstar Games has 0 role in this, and I'm not sure why they don't do anything if they can at all. They are suing fans for this (allegedly): 

"...they do not possess the right to copy, adapt, or distribute derivative GTA source code, or the audiovisual elements of the games, and that doing so constitutes copyright infringement" or distributing "derivative GTA source code"

despite the fact that mod creators recreated code, wrote it from scratch, they are not using theirs but yeah lawsuit incoming. Like seriously?

Take-Two claims that the project, more formally known as Re3 or ReVC on GitHub, is causing "irreparable harm to Take-Two," both in terms of copyright infringement and in terms of the fact that now technically anybody can create their own version of GTA 3 or Vice City using the reverse-engineered code.

VGC notes that in the lawsuit, Take-Two says it tried to remove the project from GitHub where it was being distributed. According to Take-Two, three of the project's programmers "knowingly filed bad faith counter-notifications that materially misrepresented the legality of their content, apparently claiming that because they allegedly 'reverse-engineered' the games' source code, they somehow cannot be liable for copyright infringement."

This is joke. I hope they lose I really do. I can't believe a thought of using community fixes for their games never crossed their minds. Use community fixes and fix steam and rockstar launcher versions of the games ffs. You need multiple community fixes to even play steam version properly, rockstar launcher versions are even worse. It looks like 3D GTA games get worse as time passes. 

EDIT: I have no idea why post looks weird.

Edited by ChubbyB0b
  • Like 3

To use RE3 and REVC you still need original game files. RE3 and REVC are like retro games on GoG.com with removed DRM. Even authors advice to buy legimate copy of GTA 3 and Vice City from Steam and Rockstar Games Launcher, so Take 2 should be pleased, that authors send people to buy 3d gtas instead downloading it from warez sites.

• Like 2

MeatSafeMurderer

Ugh, AGAIN!? Regardless of the legality and outcomes of Take Two's claim and lawsuit I'm officially done supporting them financially. Never will I ever buy another game published by them. No. Exceptions. "Irreparable harm" my ass. The only ones causing irreparable harm is themselves to their reputation by insisting on acting like the schoolyard bully. I hope aap et al are open to recieving donations, I'll happily spend the cost of yet another version of GTA5 on instead giving Take Two the proverbial middle finger.

I spent a long time without knowing much about the mod until I found a video where they added the map from vcs to vc and you could even use bmx among other things (used based on reVC according to the author of the video) it seems that despite everything it is being difficult the continuation of this modification, I wish you guys

11 hours ago, Mixander said:

I spent a long time without knowing much about the mod until I found a video where they added the map from vcs to vc and you could even use bmx among other things (used based on reVC according to the author of the video) it seems that despite everything it is being difficult the continuation of this modification, I wish you guys

You mean VCS styled VC? Yea that mod is gone too, freaking Take-2.......

On 9/8/2021 at 3:27 PM, RusJJ said:

Someone should really buy R* and carry T2 to trash bin for doing this

That ain't happening, R* is cash cow, they won't sell it, it's way too important

DavidReyes2250

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this situation.
To begin with, the lawsuit has many contradictions, nonsense, lies, everything is wrong with the lawsuit!
We all know that mods of any kind are NOT looking for any kind of monetary profit (unless they are ambitious projects and difficult to do) and they say that in some way the mods affect the company and its games. Of the latter, it is very silly, there are mods that fix errors that even they could not fix themselves being the ones who have more access to the code.

As they had already said before, to use the RE3 and REVC you had to buy the games because you need the original files and the same for any other mod. But for T2 this is still piracy.

With all this said, I even wonder, is T2 dumb or does not know how the modder community works or something else?

And the worst thing is that there are people who still defend T2. What I want to get to all this is that not only is T2 toxic, but the community itself is becoming toxic and it shouldn't be that way.
Our main duty as a community for the situation is to protest strongly against T2 and support the mods and their creators.

The only thing we can hope for is that the creators of this project do very well on the lawsuit and are not affected by a WRONG made lawsuit and that T2 (if this is to end) accept their mistakes and get up to date to create a new one game and stop squeezing what no longer has juice (if you know what I'm talking about)

Down Take-Two, up the mods!

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 1:56 AM, RRT94 said:

You mean VCS styled VC? Yea that mod is gone too, freaking Take-2.......

Hell. I should have downloaded them in time :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, Mixander said:

Hell. I should have downloaded them in time :(

keep learning lessons on why i shouldnt delete my dowloads folder :kekw:

CharlesVercetti
On 10/9/2021 at 11:00 AM, playbour said:

Could anyone show me how to compile this project? Thanks a million!

1.png

you are lacking the renderware sdk, which has to be downloaded seperately

On 10/9/2021 at 2:30 AM, playbour said:

Could anyone show me how to compile this project? Thanks a million!

1.png

It's missing librw inside the vendor folder. If you used git, then probably you forgot the --recursive flag.

If you downloaded the ZIP, then you have to download each dependency manually.

I recommend you to download and install git and use the clone command.

Edit: oh repo is down, so T2 made your life harder

Edited by RaceXtreme