2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Cayo Perico Golden Pistol?

Okay, not sure why I waited this long to get the ol' pistola and combat shotgun. One thing at a time, though, I am starting with the Golden Pistol. I have been to all 8 locations multiple times. I change sessions and start all over again at location 1 by the dock amusement park, as soon as I finished the 8 locations. I have still not run into the sleeping or dead guard to get the key from. At first I wasn't a CEO or MC Pres, but I decided about 30 minutes ago to try searching the locations as an MC. Still no luck, though. Is there any way to make this guy spawn?

Edited by ChiroVette
Nefarious_Poundcake

I’m not sure if this is relevant but I’ll add it in case it helps. I found mine on the pier after I picked up English Dave’s Weevil. It felt kinda like once one mission spawned for me the rest of the “special events” just dominoed right afterwards. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I was not a CEO at the time. 

58 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

Okay, not sure why I waited this long to get the ol' pistola and combat shotgun. One thing at a time, though, I am starting with the Golden Pistol. I have been to all 8 locations multiple times. I change sessions and start all over again at location 1 by the dock amusement park, as soon as I finished the 8 locations. I have still not run into the sleeping or dead guard to get the key from. At first I wasn't a CEO or MC Pres, but I decided about 30 minutes ago to try searching the locations as an MC. Still no luck, though. Is there any way to make this guy spawn?

I found the key using a solo public lobby via the port switch glitch.

• Like 2

Thanks, guys!

Okay, so I read on a reddit post right after making this thread that a lot of people believe that you have to be a CEO. I was doing it as an MC President because I have 5 Large Special Cargo Warehouses filled with 111 crates each and it's annoying when they get raided. So I bit the bullet, changed to a CEO, and found the sleeping guard in the fourth location, in Downtown Vinewood, a block away from my nightclub. So I will do my Pink Diamond Heist now solo, and will snag the golden pistol. I may get ambitious and look for the Combat Shotty, if not this time, then next Finale.

Okay, so I'm glad that's done. I actually unlocked the Combat Shotty, as well. So I used a Youtube vid with a screenshot with all 7 possible shotty locations, and went to each one to find it. I finally found it in the last of the 7 I checked. The only downside, which is really not a biggie, is I sacked the Elite Challenge for the greater good, since my time was a whopping 27 minutes. So, I only walked away with $2.4 Million for the Finale. lol Talk about a high-quality problem.

Edited by ChiroVette
  • Like 2
Nefarious_Poundcake
1 hour ago, ChiroVette said:

that a lot of people believe that you have to be a CEO.

Makes sense. I’m never an MCP and I had just quit as a CEO. As that was when English Dave called me. Glad it worked out for you! The pistol and shotgun are neat additions. 

It feels like the spawn rate for the guard was high the first week then dropped off. He was one of the first things I ran into when the DLC dropped, but it's been taking some time to get my friends to find him over the past couple weeks.

I can confirm he does spawn again after you've already gotten the key and golden pistol. I was in an invite only session by myself and saw him. Worth robbing him again because it's a quick $7007 from his pockets. Nice James Bond reference there R*.

On 2/7/2021 at 12:03 AM, ChiroVette said:

Okay, so I'm glad that's done. I actually unlocked the Combat Shotty, as well. So I used a Youtube vid with a screenshot with all 7 possible shotty locations, and went to each one to find it. I finally found it in the last of the 7 I checked. The only downside, which is really not a biggie, is I sacked the Elite Challenge for the greater good, since my time was a whopping 27 minutes. So, I only walked away with $2.4 Million for the Finale. lol Talk about a high-quality problem.

Once you found the shotgun you could have quit the heist and started again. Still, if you're doing it in 27 minutes it probably wasn't going to be much better next time round. 😁

The random event is random and is in a different location for different servers and only one player can get the key the best bet is to keep going around in a air vehicle or oppressor mk 1 and did you check the map if you see a blue dot check it also did you make sure you got every location if you want all the locations I recommend you watch a guide on YouTube 

Edited by Snipingsolo
5 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

Once you found the shotgun you could have quit the heist and started again. Still, if you're doing it in 27 minutes it probably wasn't going to be much better next time round. 😁

No, I always get the Elite. I just had to go to every, single solitary possible location of the shotty, and of course it was the last of 7. The problem is I didn't have screenshots, only a low res map of the compound with yellow dots representing where the shotty could spawn. I wish I would have known that you can collect the shotty and then just switch sessions back to my Kosatko and do the heist over for the Elite. lol But I didn't so I just lived with the time. It is also hard to see the shotgun in its native location, because I went in when it was dark, and the gun really blended in. So I was very meticulous about searching all the possible shotgun spawn points. Oh well, lol it's just one Elite, after all, and I have been making truly insane money with this heist! :)

• 4 weeks later...
tyrantfour

I'll add my 2 cents on this for my first post. I found the key BEFORE I even bought the submarine and was NOT a ceo. I just happend upon a blue dot and approached and the game told me to pickpocket him. It said I found a key and I had no idea what Cayo even was or anything about it.

So from experience nothing matters. It's just chance.

• Like 2