Your favourite show of all time?

FanEu7

For me it's Lost. I know many hated the ending but I thought it was overall great throughout and it still had the best cast of characters in any show I have seen. Its not talked about much these days but I think its still the best

Which is your favourite show?

Edited by FanEu7

Toss up between Ed, Edd n Eddy, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

qwAx0bA.png

Guns a-Blazin

Oof, I can't really pick a favourite, but these are the best shows I've watched, in no particular order:

• Breaking Bad
  • The Sopranos
  • Better Call Saul
  • The Wire
  • Power
  • LOST
  • The Punisher
  • Daredevil
  • Game of Thrones
  • The Walking Dead

Honourable Mentions: Doctor Who, Merlin, Ozark, Sons of Anarchy, The Office (both versions)

Edited by Guns a-Blazin
  • Like 3

Vanilla Shake

In order:

1.) Fargo
2.) Legion
3.) Better Call Saul
4.) Twin Peaks
5.) The IT Crowd

6.) Toast of London
7.) Breaking Bad

8.) Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
9.) Mad Men

10.) Snuff Box

Honorable mentions: True Detective, Mindhunter, The Eric Andre Show, What We Do In the Shadows, Spaced, Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!, The Mighty Boosh, Xavier: Renegade Angel, Look Around You, The Peter Serafinowicz Show, Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Twilight Zone (the original, not the awful reboot), The Critic, South Park, and Nathan for You

The next show I'm most looking forward to is the new Alien series being developed by Noah Hawley, the creator/primary writer/showrunner of Fargo and Legion. If there's anyone who can bring that franchise back from the sorry state it's in, it's him.

Edited by Vanilla Shake
  • Like 1

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

TheSantader25

There are a lot of good shows I still need to watch but based on what's I've seen so far I'll do a top 5:

1. The Wire + Breaking Bad tied

3. The Sopranos

4. The Office

5. Friends

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Vanilla Shake said:

1.) Fargo

Great to see another fan of Fargo! It's an incredible show. I haven't watched Season 4 yet but it's easily some of the greatest TV in the last 20 years. 

My all time favourites in very loose order ( I find many shows to be on par with each other and ranking some above the rest isn't really a good thing)

1. The Sopranos 

2. The Wire

3. Boardwalk Empire

4. Fargo

5. I'm Alan Partridge 

6. Peep Show

7. The Office

8. The Simpsons

9. Mindhunter

10. Father Ted

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 4

Vanilla Shake
On 2/10/2021 at 6:36 AM, Mister Pink said:

Great to see another fan of Fargo! It's an incredible show. I haven't watched Season 4 yet but it's easily some of the greatest TV in the last 20 years.

It really is. It's honestly my favorite show ever and I think I love all four seasons equally. Season 4 is a bit different compared to the other three and seems to be pretty divisive among fans, much like season 3 was when it premiered, but I think it's just as great as everything that came before it, so I highly recommend checking it out when you get the chance. It mixes up the formula a little bit and is much more ambitious and larger in scope than any season before it. There are a lot more main characters compared to the usual 4 or 5, which means there are a lot more threads to the whole story. Many people criticized Chris Rock, but I thought he was great at playing the type of gangster he was supposed to be portraying. It's not necessarily a typical one once you learn more about him, and lots of people seem to have overlooked that in my opinion. It's also got some really neat connections and callbacks to season 2, including a lot of those awesome split-screen sequences focusing on multiple characters (probably because there's so many of them lol). Speaking of which, it's still the best looking show on television; the cinematography is incredible. And the music was stellar as per usual (Jeff Russo is a king). All in all I personally loved it just as much as the others, and I love them to bits. Even picked up the book Noah Hawley wrote about the making of them (something else I highly recommend if you're a big fan). Just don't go into it expecting something more in tune with the first three seasons and keep an open mind. If you do that I think you're more than likely to enjoy it. And he's said that he already has an idea in mind for a fifth season set in the "recent past", so there's more to look forward to eventually.

Also, since you like Fargo then I also highly recommend checking out Legion (assuming you haven't seen it of course). It's from the same exact people who make Fargo (Noah Hawley, Jeff Russo, etc.) and even features a bunch of actors who've been on it. It's by far one of the weirdest, most unique and creative shows I've ever seen and is easily my all-time favorite comic book adaptation (it also has zero connections to any cinematic universe and feels nothing like a superhero story, which is a plus in my opinion). And it's heavily influenced by Pink Floyd and features some of their music; one of the main characters is named after Sid Barrett. Just about every episode episode was packed full of such inventive storytelling and visual techniques that I was left very surprised when it didn't turn out to be a bigger hit. It ran for three seasons and wrapped in 2019. If you haven't seen it then you totally should give it a go. It's not overly long or drawn out (27 episodes) and tells a very satisfying story in my eyes.

Edited by Vanilla Shake
  • Like 1

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

• 1 month later...

It's hard for me to even do a top 10, but I'll give it a try. This is really in no particular order apart from number one.

1. Breaking Bad

2. Mr. Robot

3. Better Call Saul

4. Fargo

5. Mad Men

6. Sopranos

7. Friends

8. Mindhunter

9. Brooklyn Nine Nine

10. Only Fools and Horses

Too many honourable mentions to list. A whole bunch of comedy shows could have easily made the list. Almost certainly forgot some shows, too.

• Like 1

The Sopranos and Curb are the main two. I watched a lot of old Tom Green shows, Aqua Teen and Insomniac with Dave Attell reruns. Dr Katz too. I guess I'm stuck in the early 2000s! I did like the first Punisher season, and the two Daredevil ones that I watched before feeling like I had enough. Larry Sanders and the Trailer Park Boys too.

Edited by Mindshower
  • Like 2

Harwood Butch3r

The Big Bang Theory

2 Broke Girls

Boardwalk Empire

13 Reasons Why

Ash vs Evil Dead

American Horror Story

Scream

Is this The Guy?

Surprised at the lack of The Wire

The Wire is by far my favorite tv show of all time, only show I’ve watched from beginning to end 3 times simultaneously and that was just a few months ago.

But I too find it kind of weird that my second favorite show is Eureka

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

LittleJesus

1. Breaking Bad + Better Call Saul 

2. Game of Thrones (Season 1 - 4)

3. Daredevil 

4. Black Mirror 

5. The Walking Dead (Season 1 - 5)

Honorable mentions to sitcoms like; Malcolm in the Middle, Drake & Josh, The Office.

Married with Children is my all-time favorite.

Seinfeld was another show that glued me on the couch.

Forgot V (The Visitors)

Edited by Graven
added more

spacer.png

Lonely-Martin

Ha, where to begin. Too many, no particular order though...

Boardwalk Empire

The Sopranos

Deadwood

The Wire

The Simpsons

Only Fools and Horses

Ash vs Evil Dead

Breaking Bad

My Name Is Earl

Band of Brothers

The Pacific

The Inbetweeners

American Horror Story

Sons of Anarchy

I know there's more, but those are the best of the best for me.

• Like 3

Candy_Licker

I guess this wasn't intended to be a drop your 20 favourite shows, but there are just too many to settle for one

The Wire GOAT

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (wtf... no mention so far?),

90's SImpsons

Firefly (again, no mention??)

South Park

Breaking Bad

House MD

The Shield

Rick&Morty

Veep

Narcos Mexico

Silicon Valley

• Like 3

My favorite is Monk.

Others that I really like are (not necessarily in that order):

Better Call Saul

Black Sails

Mad Men

Two and a Half Men

Mr. Robot

Manhunt: Unabomber

Goliath

Sherlock

Lilyhammer

Gotham

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hard to beat The Sopranos. Can't think of a show that comes close. Not really.

• Realistic Steak! 1

The Audiophile Thread

LG 32GN650-B | TESORO Gram Spectrum | DeathAdder V3 Pro | Xbox Elite v2 | JBL Tune 720BT | Truthear Hexa

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | RTX 4070 | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro | Fanatec CSL DD McLaren GT3 V2

• 2 weeks later...

1. The Wire (The only series i ever got the feeling, that really everything was thought through from beginning to the end, a true masterpiece)

2. Breaking Bad and also Better Call Saul, it belongs together, but i really really hated Jimmy's brother, he is like Skyler of Breaking Bad, the annoying character, if i ever do reruns i most likely will skip all scenes that contain them, well or most, im excited about the final season

3. Game of Thrones (Ending sucked)

4. House, M.D (Hugh Laurie is a brilliant actor)

5. Lost (Ending sucked)

6. Fargo (Not sure if this is still ongoing, didn't like the later seasons so much like the first)

7. True Detective (Not sure if this is still ongoing, didn't watch the 3rd season yet for some reason, i started watching it, but somehow lost interest, so im not sure if i ever watch the 3rd one, i hope for another season with other actors again)

8. Westworld (Really excited how it will continue)

9. Prison Break (The comeback season was total trash)

10. Dexter (The last season and the ending was a nightmare)

11. Shameless US (haven't seen the last season yet)

12. Family Guy and South Park they share the spot

13. The Leftovers (The ending was not very believable but it was still okay IMO)

14. Silicon Valley (Binged it over a few days, damn i liked the Satanist character, and how he always argued with the indian guy or was it a pakistani i forgotten about that lol)

15. Person of Interest (Im currently doing a rerun of it maybe the 4th already, i lost track)

16. Mad Men (Jon Hamm is such an excellent actor) 

17. Big Bang Theory (I did like the first few seasons, but after the nerds were no real nerds anymore, it started to suck real bad and i hate canned laughter, i will probably never watch anything with canned laughter ever again, i stopped watching it after season 7 or 8 or something, it just got boring and the episodes got shorter and shorter, i think some were even just 17 minutes long, i mean this is just ridiculous milking the cow, Silicon Valley is just so much better than Big Bang Theory, if into nerdy stuff)

18. Parks & Recreation (Ron Swanson is just a legendary character)

19. Altered Carbon (It sucked so bad it got canceled, it had such huge potenzial)

20. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders (I hate it so much that it all got canceled, because of damn DISNEY, the second season of Daredevil was so unbelievable good)

21. The Arrow Universe, Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, (Supergirl, Black Lightning and Batwoman is not really good tho, i stopped watching Black Lightning after Season 1 it's just trash, and i kinda only hanging on with Supergirl, Supergirl is still tolerable somehow, Batwoman is a bit meh, im not sure i continue watching Batwoman, maybe if im really really bored someday)

I could probably go on and on, i liked so many series over the years. If i would recommend series to real life friends i would probably only recommend 1-16 well and 18. Because comic series, and canceled stuff is something i would not recommend to most ppl somehow.

It's not really in the order i liked the most, it's just to keep them apart better after 1-10, it's just all very good shows, they all are very good. Also i only watched a few of these series in original english language, mostly only when i was not able to wait anymore for the german voice actors versions. We really got excellent voice actors in germany, there mostly is no reason to be a purist. Well in some shows you really notice that it should be watched in original english language, because the actors got such good voices, like Mad Men, South Park, Family Guy, Big Bang Theory etc. but i still prefered watching it in german, because it's more relaxing to watch stuff in the native language.

If series are so intertwined like the netflix marvel series, and the arrowverse, i somehow got the feeling i have to watch all of it, even tho i don't like all of it. For completion's sake.

Edited by Mexicola9302
  • Realistic Steak! 2

CPU: i7-4930K @ 4,2 GHZ Level 3 Cache: 12MB (6 Cores)
GPU: 2x SLI Asus ROG Strix GTX1070-O8G-Gaming 8GB DDR5 V-RAM (MSI SLI HB Bridge)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32 GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHZ (Quad Channel)
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme 4
Harddrive: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (Rapid Mode Activated)
Powersupply: be quiet! POWER ZONE 850W

Is this The Guy?

I pushed game of thrones out of my top 5 for a while because the last few seasons just completely ruined the whole series for me.  I did however find out that if I watched season 1-4, which are seasons that I loved so much, watched seasons 5 and 6 with one eye closed, and completely skipped seasons 7 and 8 it goes back to being the great series that I fell in love with.

• 3 weeks later...

My current top 5.

1. The Wire

2. Fargo (Season 1 and 2)

3. Justified

4. Person of Interest

5. True Detective (yes I also liked Season 2)

Edited by sabitsuki
  • Realistic Steak! 1

lol hard to pick one!

- King of the Hill
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Charmed (90s)
- Ghost Whisperer
- Sherlock
- Doctor Who
- Bob's Burgers
- South Park 
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air