1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Stories Sprinting

Stories Sprinting

by @H-G

About:

Spoiler

Did you know that III, VC and SA all natively feature the ability to sprint with heavier weapons just like in LCS and VCS?
Well, for some reason, it seems R* kept this ability "disabled" until LCS and VCS by redirecting the heavy sprint animations to the heavy run ones.
Since Toni and Vic's movement animations are practically the BETA versions of CJ's movement animations, why not "restore" this native feature in SA and take the LCS animations for it?
Stories Sprinting brings you the most complete and proper port of the ability to sprint with all weapons from LCS and VCS to SA by using the most original and native approach ever!

Features:

Spoiler

- Fully native and direct implementation through the real R* methods. None of that scripted animation playing stuff!
- Compatible with the game's Super Sprint ability.
- The new sprinting animations tire CJ out appropriately, and don't work when tired.
- Sprinting with heavier weapons increases the player's Stamina stat naturally.

- Footstep sounds work correctly unlike all other mods.
- All-new, lore-friendly and proper fat and muscular variations for the new animations, meaning the mod also works when CJ is fat or muscular.
- Handgun run animation from LCS and VCS that works when CJ is wielding slightly larger one-handed weapons, also comes with proper fat/muscular variations.
- Optional .INI file with two compatibility options for other walkstyle-related mods.

- Optional ability to jump and sprint with the Minigun.
- Fixed the fat and muscular walkstyles having the idle stance animation set as the roadcross animation.
- The sprinting animations follow suit when a mission has player sprinting scripted to be disabled.
- CJ now uses the Chainsaw/Flamethrower/Minigun walkstyle when holding the Fire Extinguisher.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

vQdAYL1.png

Credits:

Spoiler

All animations - @SlingShot753
"eASIer" plugin - @HackMan128

Download:

Edited by H-G

Didn't know about the native support! I wonder what took them until Stories to actually implement proper 2armed sprinting

• Like 3

I've waited years for this to be done, you are a legend!

Doesn't seem to work with the Minigun though.

Found other bug, Jetpack animation is doesn't look right.

Edited by Vind Sole

Man you just dropped some major HEAT! Amazing work right here.

6 hours ago, Vind Sole said:

I've waited years for this to be done, you are a legend!

Doesn't seem to work with the Minigun though.

Found other bug, Jetpack animation is doesn't look right.

- The sprinting animations for the Chainsaw, Flamethrower, Minigun, Rocket Launcher and Heat-Seeking Rocket Launcher look slightly deformed because they were converted directly from LCS without any fixes.

• Like 2
On 2/6/2021 at 9:49 PM, Reameb said:

Man you just dropped some major HEAT! Amazing work right here.

- The sprinting animations for the Chainsaw, Flamethrower, Minigun, Rocket Launcher and Heat-Seeking Rocket Launcher look slightly deformed because they were converted directly from LCS without any fixes.

I didn't elaborate. i can't sprint with the minigun at all.

For the jetpack is that he is standing still when having a tec9 or uzi

Edited by Vind Sole

Update:

- Fixed the adapted AI Weapon Walkstyles CLEO script not restoring the peds' default walkstyles when the walkstyle-changing weapon is no longer being wielded by readapting it from the original mod's source.
- Renamed the adapted AI Weapon Walkstyles CLEO script so make sure to delete the old "SA.AIWeaponWalkstyles2.cs" from your "CLEO" folder before installing this update!
- Completely rewrote the mod's core CLEO script from scratch. As a benefit, all script bugs from the first version have now been fixed and there's a performance improvement in both the game and the script.
- Fixed the Jetpack handle holding walkstyle not working bug. Now the mod no longer changes CJ's walkstyle if he has the Jetpack on.

- Fixed the mod clogging up the game's memory, causing the game to spawn the fallback MALE01 ped everywhere for a noticeable amount of limited time after a few minutes of playing.

- Fixed the slight lagging in general that was happening with the previous version of the core CLEO script.
- Fixed CJ's walkstyle remaining "scriptable" if you started a New Game or loaded a saved game while he was wielding a walkstyle-changing weapon in the previous session.
- Fixed the handgun walkstyle being patched continously. Now the mod only patches it if it hasn't been patched yet.

- Fixed CJ's walkstyle being set as "scriptable" and "non-scriptable" constantly. Now the mod only sets each state once, and only when it's needed.

- Added a new optional extra for the mod: Minigun Sprinting - Enables jumping and sprinting with the Minigun.
- Added fixed Chainsaw, Flamethrower, Minigun, Rocket Launcher and Heat-Seeking Rocket Launcher sprinting animations. Lots of thanks to my friend @SlingShot753 for his phenomenal work on the animations!
- Added all-new, lore-friendly and proper fat and muscular variations of all of the new sprinting animations and the handgun run animation, also designed by @SlingShot753.

- Added an optional .INI file with two options to disable the fat and muscular variations of the handgun run animation in case if you use a mod that disables either or both of the walkstyles, like BeSlim.

OP updated. And, here's a fresh screenshot showing off everything new about the animations:

XL3YKNr.png

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • 2 weeks later...

i've been waiting for a mod like this for quite sometime and oh man it is all just how i wanted it to work, it's amazing. 
there's a small thing that i'm having a issue with tho.

I can't seem to sprint with the minigun, even when i have the optional extra "Minigun Sprinting" folder already installed.
I followed the instructions carefully and have installed everything correctly, even then, i still can't sprint with the minigun on, i don't know what i'm doing wrong here.

10 hours ago, iAbokai said:

i've been waiting for a mod like this for quite sometime and oh man it is all just how i wanted it to work, it's amazing. 
there's a small thing that i'm having a issue with tho.

I can't seem to sprint with the minigun, even when i have the optional extra "Minigun Sprinting" folder already installed.
I followed the instructions carefully and have installed everything correctly, even then, i still can't sprint with the minigun on, i don't know what i'm doing wrong here.

That's odd. It works fine on my end. Do you have any other mods that modify the game's weapon statistics by chance? Try increasing the priority of the mod using the in-game Mod Configuration sub-menu provided by Mod Loader. Or alternatively, go into your "modloader" folder, open "modloader.ini" and copy-paste the following line under "[Profiles.Default.Priority]":

Stories Sprinting = 100

This should get the "Minigun Sprinting" optional extra to work properly.:)

7 hours ago, Staunton Assassin said:

That's odd. It works fine on my end. Do you have any other mods that modify the game's weapon statistics by chance? Try increasing the priority of the mod using the in-game Mod Configuration sub-menu provided by Mod Loader. Or alternatively, go into your "modloader" folder, open "modloader.ini" and copy-paste the following line under "[Profiles.Default.Priority]":

Stories Sprinting = 100

This should get the "Minigun Sprinting" optional extra to work properly.:)

Alright, i'm dumb, i just did a lil check on my mods folder and found out that the mod "Improved Default Armory" has a weapon.dat in it, in which it changes a couple of parameters that i don't know what they do, and all i did was take your minigun parameters, copy paste it onto the weapon.dat, and then i could finally sprint with the minigun on.

I don't know why the minigun was the only weapon affected by this other mod (even making Stories Sprinting's priority set to 100 didn't solve the issue), but i'm glad i could find a workaround on this, thanks for the little insight on how modloader works, much appreciated!

Sorry for double posting but i thought this other thing might be worth pointing out.

I was messing around with cj's physical appearance when i found a small inconsistency with the fat and muscular handgun animations, it seems like whenever i have a handgun on hand, the animation changes to the muscular one instead of keeping the fat one:

Spoiler

aBK3UpK.png

Here are cj's stats:

Spoiler

C1vMo3W.png

It seems like the mod has trouble which animation to prioritize with the current stats, the handguns animations are only affected by this, although i haven't tested the "flame" and "rocket" ones, you might wanna check on those as well just in case.

4 hours ago, iAbokai said:

Sorry for double posting but i thought this other thing might be worth pointing out.

I was messing around with cj's physical appearance when i found a small inconsistency with the fat and muscular handgun animations, it seems like whenever i have a handgun on hand, the animation changes to the muscular one instead of keeping the fat one:

Reveal hidden contents

aBK3UpK.png

Here are cj's stats:

Reveal hidden contents

C1vMo3W.png

It seems like the mod has trouble which animation to prioritize with the current stats, the handguns animations are only affected by this, although i haven't tested the "flame" and "rocket" ones, you might wanna check on those as well just in case.

Hmm, looks like it's indeed a bug in the mod. I'll check it out in a while or so and stir up a new update with maybe a couple of new optional extras added as a bonus. Thanks.:)

By the way, only the handgun run walkstyles have this issue. So don't worry about the others.

• Like 2

Excuse the double-post, but here's a new update:

- Fixed the skinny handgun run walkstyle not working when either or both of the Fat/Muscle stat(s) stand at 50%.
- Fixed the muscular handgun run walkstyle being used instead of the fat one when the Fat stat is at 100% and the Muscle stat is at 50%, as pointed out by @iAbokai. Thanks, man...

OP updated.

2 hours ago, Staunton Assassin said:

Excuse the double-post, but here's a new update:

- Fixed the skinny handgun run walkstyle not working when either or both of the Fat/Muscle stat(s) stand at 50%.
- Fixed the muscular handgun run walkstyle being used instead of the fat one when the Fat stat is at 100% and the Muscle stat is at 50%, as pointed out by @iAbokai. Thanks, man...

OP updated.

weird, i'm still *running* on the same issue as before, the muscular animations are still playing despite having installed the new update.

i even tried installing it on a somewhat clean game and it still doesn't fix the problem.

13 hours ago, iAbokai said:

weird, i'm still *running* on the same issue as before, the muscular animations are still playing despite having installed the new update.

i even tried installing it on a somewhat clean game and it still doesn't fix the problem.

Actually, it's not a bug, it's a "feature" of the game: The muscular animations always override the fat ones once the Muscle stat goes above 50%, and then, the game no longer cares how much the Fat stat is. So all I did was replicate the way the original game handles the walkstyles.

10 hours ago, Staunton Assassin said:

Actually, it's not a bug, it's a "feature" of the game: The muscular animations always override the fat ones once the Muscle stat goes above 50%, and then, the game no longer cares how much the Fat stat is. So all I did was replicate the way the original game handles the walkstyles.

mmm so shouldn't the muscular animations play for all circumstances instead of only playing when a handgun is on *hand*? cuz it's still weird to me that Fat CJ struggles to run properly but doesn't whenever he takes a pistol out.

Maybe you're misunderstanding me, the inconsistency about the fat and muscular handgun animations are still there for me, muscular animations play whenever i have a handgun on hand but fat animations play whenever i have any other gun on hand, just like before

6 minutes ago, iAbokai said:

mmm so shouldn't the muscular animations play for all circumstances instead of only playing when a handgun is on *hand*? cuz it's still weird to me that Fat CJ struggles to run properly but doesn't whenever he takes a pistol out.

Maybe you're misunderstanding me, the inconsistency about the fat and muscular handgun animations are still there for me, muscular animations play whenever i have a handgun on hand but fat animations play whenever i have any other gun on hand, just like before

Hold on, are your Fat and Muscle stats both above 50%? I'm mighty confused here because that just doesn't happen on my end.

2 minutes ago, Staunton Assassin said:

Hold on, do your Fat and Muscle stats both stand above 50%?

Mmm i really don't know how to tell if the muscle one it's exactly 50% or not, but the stats are exactly the same as the screenshot i sent above

6 minutes ago, iAbokai said:

Mmm i really don't know how to tell if the muscle one it's exactly 50% or not, but the stats are exactly the same as the screenshot i sent above

Okay, so I've just managed to reproduce the bug you're having. I'll see what I can do about it tomorrow. Stay tuned and don't worry about it, I'll fix it.;)

MadeOfPuddin

Everything works fine and plays well, I appreciate your work. I even managed to replace the one-handed weapon running animations, since it looks weird with the Fire Extinguisher for example. My question is, is there a way to change it, so you can sprint, but not jump/climb with heavy weapons?

Edited by MadeOfPuddin
More specific

Update:

- Added actual Fat vs. Muscle stat measurements for setting up the fat and muscular variations of the handgun run walkstyle, replacing the old and retarded way of just checking the 50% threshold.
  Now the mod uses the fat handgun run walkstyle if the Fat stat is higher than the Muscle stat and uses the muscular handgun run walkstyle if the Muscle stat is higher than the Fat stat.
  But of course, the Fat/Muscle stat still needs to pass the 50% threshold to get the fat/muscular handgun run walkstyle to kick in.
  In case if both of the stats end up standing at 100%, the mod will simply fall back to using the muscular handgun run walkstyle.
  Now, with this thing finally working properly, I think it's safe to assume that the mod's walkstyle handling is now 1:1 with the vanilla game's walkstyle handling.

OP updated.

• Like 2

Again, legendary work you have been doing, but I've just noticed that the skinny handgun animation is kind of choppy, the fat and muscular animations look fine.

Edited by Vind Sole
13 hours ago, Staunton Assassin said:

Update:

- Added actual Fat vs. Muscle stat measurements for setting up the fat and muscular variations of the handgun run walkstyle, replacing the old and retarded way of just checking the 50% threshold.
  Now the mod uses the fat handgun run walkstyle if the Fat stat is higher than the Muscle stat and uses the muscular handgun run walkstyle if the Muscle stat is higher than the Fat stat.
  But of course, the Fat/Muscle stat still needs to pass the 50% threshold to get the fat/muscular handgun run walkstyle to kick in.
  In case if both of the stats end up standing at 100%, the mod will simply fall back to using the muscular handgun run walkstyle.
  Now, with this thing finally working properly, I think it's safe to assume that the mod's walkstyle handling is now 1:1 with the vanilla game's walkstyle handling.

OP updated.

Noice, now everything works just how it's supposed to be, thanks for the hard work man!

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, MadeOfPuddin said:

Everything works fine and plays well, I appreciate your work. I even managed to replace the one-handed weapon running animations, since it looks weird with the Fire Extinguisher for example. My question is, is there a way to change it, so you can sprint, but not jump/climb with heavy weapons?

Unfortunately, disabling jumping and climbing with a weapon also disables sprinting with it. So while that may be possible to do, it's not worth it.

12 hours ago, Vind Sole said:

Again, legendary work you have been doing, but I've just noticed that the skinny handgun animation is kind of choppy, the fat and muscular animations look fine.

Thank you for your support. And yeah, the animations were converted from LCS and updated to SA standards. Nothing I can do, I'm afraid.

The walk with camera and spraycan are treated like if they were a pistol or smg looks silly any chance that it could be fixed if possible.

That's really nice! I love it! @SlingShot753 really made nice animations for it. I have a holdarmed project. If you want we can combine this animations for realistic stuff.

https://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/mods/137336-hold-other-weapons-armed-v2-including-added-weapons/

Old screenshots I remade some animations and restoring poolcue walkstyle animation

Spoiler

YGHlqr.png

8DB6Iv.png

WBHzUf.png

pwCGE0.png

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Cleoude said:

That's really nice! I love it! @SlingShot753 really made nice animations for it. I have a holdarmed project. If you want we can combine this animations for realistic stuff.

https://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/mods/137336-hold-other-weapons-armed-v2-including-added-weapons/

Old screenshots I remade some animations and restoring poolcue walkstyle animation

Thanks. I'd really love to work further on this mod but it's core CLEO script is one heck of a beast to wrestle with. There will be one last update in the upcoming days and that will be it about this mod.

18 hours ago, Smokioo said:

The walk with camera and spraycan are treated like if they were a pistol or smg looks silly any chance that it could be fixed if possible.

I don't know. It looks nice to me. If you want, you can open the mod's core CLEO script in Sanny Builder and manually eliminate the checks for weapon IDs #41 and #43 at label #13.

• Like 2

Not problem, but If you need to animation help, I'm here. maybe I can start back to animating for this mod. I'm dealing with  Cutscene fixes for now.

• Like 2