• Stardust101 - Woozie's Death
    • Axoez - The Death of Miss Johnson
    • M316 - Operation Magma
    • Abdo - Clear the street
    • Robert17 - Kill CJ
    • Polski Oski - Final Showdown
    • lascha2nd - Military Precision

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/13/2021 at 08:00 AM

Str33t

Well since, unfortunately, Kill Karl Janson got disqualified, I gotta vote for someone else, so here it goes (I'm not gonna bother reviewing every single mission since I already did it previously, only gonna add some side notes to my favorites):

Spoiler

🥇Operation Magma (Only chose this one cause the relationship between the 3 protagonists was simply amazing, not dull like most DYOM missions. Despite the weird grammar, I enjoyed it a lot! And the assassination plan was pretty solid too.)

🥈Military Precision (The war-torn Fort Carson alone would be enough for me to place this mission in 1st, but unfortunately, this entry has so many issues which are likely due to the rush, as the author pointed out previously.)

🥉The Death of Miss Johnson (I absolutely love "The Introduction" and the whole "Green Sabre" story, and seeing you recreate it almost exactly like in "The Introduction" was really nice, you didn't forgot a single detail and I really appreciate that!)

• Like 3
The John David

Played all the entries and here's my feedback for them and guess who I voted for? (No Rebuttal Comments)

@Stardust101: Woozie's Death

Spoiler

It was quite clever an assassinate mission, I enjoy it from the beginning to the end. Some grammars mistakes without any form of logical reasoning, for example, "Woozie betrayed us" or something like that. But it's alright. Good work. You received 3.44/5.

@Axoez: The Death of Miss Johnson

Spoiler

The camera angles you did is pretty good, it feels cinematic just like how the introduction occurs before the fun begins. However, the gameplay is quite disappointment because some of the checkpoints are getting confused and hard to accomplish. Nice work. You receive 3.02/5.

@M316: Operation Magma

Spoiler

This one's amazing both reasonings and plans. Despite those little grammar mistakes? The gameplay is challenging and the way you put many environments feels like an action movie! You received 4.15/5.

@Abdo: Clear the Street

Spoiler

Well-done, but simple assassinate mission you made that needs more improvement. You received 2.07/5.

@Robert17: Kill CJ

Spoiler

Another Kill CJ cliché missions again back in those days. Anyway nice work, the grammar is good, but gunfights is going too far on the gameplay. You received a 2.98/5.

@Polski Oski: Final Showdown

Spoiler

The storytelling was great with plot twist and concept reasonings, the gameplay seems challenging enough along with dialogues playing but quite frustrating a bit. Unlike Stardust101 did, I enjoy the gameplay here more than him. You received 4.12/5.

@lascha2nd: Military Precision

Spoiler

It was great mission full of creative object placements. Everything feels like a World War, though something's missing? But I can't express it with my words. But you did great participating again. You received 3.76/5.

My vote goes to:

Spoiler

1st: @M316 - Congratulations! You earned my vote.
2nd:@Polski Oski
3rd: @lascha2nd
4th: @Stardust101
5th: @Axoez
6th: @Robert17
7th:   @Abdo

• Like 2
lascha2nd

I think I just achieved object achievements - turn town into a aftermath warzone.

Robert17
7 hours ago, The John David said:

Played all the entries and here's my feedback for them and guess who I voted for? (No Rebuttal Comments)

@Stardust101: Woozie's Death

Reveal hidden contents

It was quite clever an assassinate mission, I enjoy it from the beginning to the end. Some grammars mistakes without any form of logical reasoning, for example, "Woozie betrayed us" or something like that. But it's alright. Good work. You received 3.44/5.

@Axoez: The Death of Miss Johnson

Reveal hidden contents

The camera angles you did is pretty good, it feels cinematic just like how the introduction occurs before the fun begins. However, the gameplay is quite disappointment because some of the checkpoints are getting confused and hard to accomplish. Nice work. You receive 3.02/5.

@M316: Operation Magma

Reveal hidden contents

This one's amazing both reasonings and plans. Despite those little grammar mistakes? The gameplay is challenging and the way you put many environments feels like an action movie! You received 4.15/5.

@Abdo: Clear the Street

Reveal hidden contents

Well-done, but simple assassinate mission you made that needs more improvement. You received 2.07/5.

@Robert17: Kill CJ

Reveal hidden contents

Another Kill CJ cliché missions again back in those days. Anyway nice work, the grammar is good, but gunfights is going too far on the gameplay. You received a 2.98/5.

@Polski Oski: Final Showdown

Reveal hidden contents

The storytelling was great with plot twist and concept reasonings, the gameplay seems challenging enough along with dialogues playing but quite frustrating a bit. Unlike Stardust101 did, I enjoy the gameplay here more than him. You received 4.12/5.

@lascha2nd: Military Precision

Reveal hidden contents

It was great mission full of creative object placements. Everything feels like a World War, though something's missing? But I can't express it with my words. But you did great participating again. You received 3.76/5.

My vote goes to:

Reveal hidden contents

1st: @M316 - Congratulations! You earned my vote.
2nd:@Polski Oski
3rd: @lascha2nd
4th: @Stardust101
5th: @Axoez
6th: @Robert17
7th:   @Abdo

lmao i should stop remaking unoriginal ideas, it doesn't matter if the cutscenes and gameplay are quite good, i'm gonna get underrated down to hell because it's a cliche mission.

I have to respect your opinion either way.

• Like 2
Aymunz

Woozie's death:

Spoiler

Ok you seem to be making your missions a bit longer, that's alright. But this mission lacked the innovation you usually come up , with. your previous entry had some funny idea for it, even tho it didn't work well in practice. But this entry was a yet another shootout with a lackluster boss fight in the end. it does have that lightheartedness to it, but it still didn't hold up. You couldv'e used enemies with different weapons to brake momentum, just like you did before with [Body Count]. The boss fight with meelee weapons... com'on you know it's not a challange. I just spam punch him to death in less than a minute. Now if he was with two other enemies carrying swords that would be a little bit tricky.
Good luck on your next entry!

The Death of Miss Johnson.

Spoiler

Well, well. You created a new gaming subgenre: the Puzzle driver genre :V

But in all seriuousness, the intro cutscenes were very nice! good use of angles. the angles used throuout the fixed camera driving segment were well chosen. with every angle being unique in it's style and prespective. But it gets tedious very quickly, especially when i have to eventually drive around in circles to finally reach the destination. I think the thing you chose to recreate kinda failed you this time. I mean the introduction is cool and all, but driving around on empty streets just to  shoot a window in the end and go away isn't much fun tbh. Remember to pick a good idea that would be fun to play. and if it wasn't you can add your own touch to it. I mean you kinda did with the fixed camera thing. But that alone didn't save it.

Operation Magma

Spoiler

It's nice to see you improve in the things that you lacked in before. Like you really worked on your environment and cutscenes . Some of them were really good. Most of the shots at the HQ were nice. The final explosion shot was cool. Some of the shots needed some work tho. Like sometimes the camera will go through roads and vehicles.
I loved how you mapped the airport. The vehicles, planes, and boxes were put nicely. one small detail i enjoyed is how te color of the planes and cars matched the color of some boxes. Object mapping is always appreciated since it gives some sense of novelty to the area, so don't underestimate it's power. Some mapping beats no mapping in any time. But of course remember to only use objects that are suitable to the environment you're trying to convey, and not just random objects just to fill the 100  object limit.
The story is the kind that can work great for a single mission, killing a brazilian drug dealer. But some details got me questioning, what are this  HQ about, are they CIA, a rival gang, a criminal syndicate? What bussieness do they have with "killing" some drug dealer. But it didn't distract me that much.
As for the dialogue, it was interesting, but sometimes redundant. I love the companionship you can create between the different characters, you are really talanted in that regard. The dialogue sounded natural most of the time. The way Mr Tyson delivered the details about the operation, it flowed naturally. But it kinda felt like a drag sometimes. A small and clear example was when Arnold repeated the plan again outside. I mean all that for a simple joke "yeah yeah shut up we heard"? I get that you tried to show some personality from the trio, and it wasn't bad. You could for example cut the part where Tyson explains the plan. And let them then rehearse the plan outside. This way they I think the little gag could work and it wont be a pain, since they did hear the plan twice, but we heard it only once.
The gameplay was varied. Some parachute jumping, followed by a sniping segment, and then a shootout. It was excititng with all this smoke you added. But it was too easy. The sniper got unlimited ammo and I just headshotted everyone so easily, with no risk whatsoever. Just making the sniper with a normal 15 ammo that will force the player to use other means, would make a good difference. It's improtant to always provide a challenge in the gameplay. For example, sniping alone is not challenging in this game, now if you add a time limit the challenge would be to use your aiming skills to kill every actor before the time ends, this will make the player be carful not to waste any headshot. That's just an exdample, I hope you get the point.
Great entry from you! Better than the previous one without a doubt. I hope youll keep participating!

clear the streets

Spoiler

That was a decent mission you got there! I liked the introductory garbage workers scene, even though it didn't add anything to the plot. There weren't much dialogue or cutscenes to praise - or critisize. The gameplay was ok, with the an ok object mapping. It was a too easy tho. I can basically snipe almost everyone up and they won't land a single hit on me. Could've used a bit more challenge there. But it was alright as a first entry! I hope you'll participate more!

Kill Cj

Spoiler

This mission kinda impressed me, ngl. But i have to say I kinda expected more. The name of the mission implies that this gonna be a generic, poorly designed 'kill cj' mission. But knowing Robert I knew it was not gonna be that bad. But ended up above average.
The cutscenes were impressive! I loved the use of character animation in this one. What impressed me  is how the audio matched the action in the beginning. Well done in this regard!
The dialogue was well made and to the point. it felt natural and sounded just like how gangs should. Maybe most of them were direct replications from the main game, but noetheless, this was well done.
The Gameplay had 3 different segments. a sniping one, a gangbattle, and a boss fight. It's nice to have some variety. The sniping segment didn't provied any real challenge but it was short and the ammo was limited and it didn't affect the difficulty of the whole mission, unlike Operation Magma. The shootout was nice. i see people are complaining about the lack of cover in the area. but adding objects in this area wouldn't work well, unless you added some lowrider cars. In any case, the shootout was almost balanced with a slight lean to the easier side. The final boss battle is basicall a difficulty spike outta nowhere. I couldn't get pass cj until now, and every trick I tried, failed. I almost nailed it at somepoint, but one simple mistake can cost your life very quickly. I think it provided a good challange for me, nonetheless. but I can see why  a lot of people will get upset.
Nice entry, Robert. I hope to see more entires from you! I have to say though, the idea you picked really limited your chances of winning. I think no matter how well made this entry was, it would still lose to the other crazy entries here, since it's still nothing but a polished ' kill cj' joke. Good luck next time!

Final Showdown

Spoiler

This mission is what I believe MOTW done to it's full potential. Polski used everything he can get his hands on to make this masterpiece! From skin mods and sound design, all the way to custom interiors and object mapping. It just works so well it's impossible to overlook. I played some of the previous entries made by polski, namely, Virus Leakage, Volkssturm pt.2, and The Cup of Life. They were all impressive in their own rights, but this entry is way above and beyond, IMO.
The Cutscenes were very well made! The Intro scene was my favorite. I mean Gee, the amount of details in that cutscene alone, is outstanding! The hangar was full of objects and actors doing different things in the background. from soldiers conversing, one checking on the Ammo carts, another running, There was tanks and cars going around. I know they seem like tiny details that  should get me rambling about, but goddamn these together made an amazing scene. I also liked how in the hideout when the alarm went off, the falling of the dead actor synced perfectly with the audio. Also using the drunk animation to resemble Chang being shot in the shoulder (and how the sound synced perfectly with that) is absolutely brilliant!
The gameplay was great! I love the difficulty in this one, certainly took me a few tries to finish this mission. I was rightly punished everytime i strolled around in the place like an idiot, instead of being careful like I should be since it's a one man infiltration. One thing that impressed me is how the use of the custom interior was used to control how much ammo is allowed for the player to have. This way when you kill an enemy you can't have their ammo. It added a good deal to the tension! of course it has it's downside. sometimes the controls feel slidey, and I occasionaly got stuck by dead actors, But it didn't diminish the experience that much. 
The dialogue is something I'm not sure what to say about, I mean you said that you were inspired by Battlefield 3 & 4. It could be that you just copy pasted from it. But nevertheless, the dialogue sounded very professional and solid, and it would be mind blowing if you actually came up with that on your own.
If you want to know how to nail DYOM remakes, Just ask Polski.
Well deserved win, man! Give them a good one.

Military Precision

Spoiler

Another Outstanding MOTW entry from lascha2nd! This entry is the best I played form you so far next to hospital raid. I can see you gradually improving entry by entry and that is a great thing to witness. it's sad that it got rushed, though. If it was finished I think it would've won.
The cutscenes, Ooooh the cutscenes! I don't even know which shot is my favourite. I can't pick. The introductory shots with burning patriot vehicles and planes? or the shots in the destroyed building with Andre and Rith? or the ones showing the destroyed town from above with the burned airplane? how can you do all of this?? Seriously? huge improvement in that from your previous entry! Beautifully enhanced by the tremewndous amount of objects and vehicles.
The gameplay was interesting, again the improvement is clear, I loved the part when exploring the ruins of the city while killing russian soldiers scattered around! however, some parts of the mission hindered the exepreience. for example, in that cutscene, when Rith get's in the car and then andre tries to get in, sometimes andre is so late that rith just drives and leave him behind, which leaves the player trying to catch the car by running just to trigger the next objective. Also that hospitalclearing objective was not fair because there was a lot of enemies and very few ammo to take even half of them. Doesn't help that some of them carry shotguns around.
The dialogue have also improved generally. I have to say that this mission had more dialogue than your previous entries. And it was generally more detailed than before. However, this is the level where you probably need to improve your grammar a bit. As going through a lot of long dialogues can be jarring for a viewer if the language isn't solid or the content isn't interesting. 
But in any case, What lascha2nd could visually present by his mission without the use of any skin mods, Is what Polski wouldn't be able to with his mission if not for the mods he used. Great job on that, man!

Finally, my vote goes to 

Spoiler

Final Showdown, by Polski Oski.

Edited by Aymunz
  • Like 2
53 minutes ago, Aymunz said:

But in all seriuousness, the intro cutscenes were very nice! good use of angles. the angles used throuout the fixed camera driving segment were well chosen. with every angle being unique in it's style and prespective. But it gets tedious very quickly, especially when i have to eventually drive around in circles to finally reach the destination. I think the thing you chose to recreate kinda failed you this time. I mean the introduction is cool and all, but driving around on empty streets just to  shoot a window in the end and go away isn't much fun tbh. Remember to pick a good idea that would be fun to play. and if it wasn't you can add your own touch to it. I mean you kinda did with the fixed camera thing. But that alone didn't save it.

I didn't had any other ideas in my brain don't judge me :angrycat: I was planning to do something like Hitman but then I remembered idk how to write a story. But this review was acceptable for me, I'll try to improve my camera's perspective next time, but come on driving puzzle is an awesome idea isn't it and I was trying to follow the movie as close as possible.
unknown.png

Edited by Axoez
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Aymunz said:

Woozie's death:

Reveal hidden contents

Ok you seem to be making your missions a bit longer, that's alright. But this mission lacked the innovation you usually come up , with. your previous entry had some funny idea for it, even tho it didn't work well in practice. But this entry was a yet another shootout with a lackluster boss fight in the end. it does have that lightheartedness to it, but it still didn't hold up. You couldv'e used enemies with different weapons to brake momentum, just like you did before with [Body Count]. The boss fight with meelee weapons... com'on you know it's not a challange. I just spam punch him to death in less than a minute. Now if he was with two other enemies carrying swords that would be a little bit tricky.

Reveal hidden contents

Operation Magma

Hide contents

It's nice to see you improve in the things that you lacked in before. Like you really worked on your environment and cutscenes . Some of them were really good. Most of the shots at the HQ were nice. The final explosion shot was cool. Some of the shots needed some work tho. Like sometimes the camera will go through roads and vehicles.
I loved how you mapped the airport. The vehicles, planes, and boxes were put nicely. one small detail i enjoyed is how te color of the planes and cars matched the color of some boxes. Object mapping is always appreciated since it gives some sense of novelty to the area, so don't underestimate it's power. Some mapping beats no mapping in any time. But of course remember to only use objects that are suitable to the environment you're trying to convey, and not just random objects just to fill the 100  object limit.
The story is the kind that can work great for a single mission, killing a brazilian drug dealer. But some details got me questioning, what are this  HQ about, are they CIA, a rival gang, a criminal syndicate? What bussieness do they have with "killing" some drug dealer. But it didn't distract me that much.
As for the dialogue, it was interesting, but sometimes redundant. I love the companionship you can create between the different characters, you are really talanted in that regard. The dialogue sounded natural most of the time. The way Mr Tyson delivered the details about the operation, it flowed naturally. But it kinda felt like a drag sometimes. A small and clear example was when Arnold repeated the plan again outside. I mean all that for a simple joke "yeah yeah shut up we heard"? I get that you tried to show some personality from the trio, and it wasn't bad. You could for example cut the part where Tyson explains the plan. And let them then rehearse the plan outside. This way they I think the little gag could work and it wont be a pain, since they did hear the plan twice, but we heard it only once.
The gameplay was varied. Some parachute jumping, followed by a sniping segment, and then a shootout. It was excititng with all this smoke you added. But it was too easy. The sniper got unlimited ammo and I just headshotted everyone so easily, with no risk whatsoever. Just making the sniper with a normal 15 ammo that will force the player to use other means, would make a good difference. It's improtant to always provide a challenge in the gameplay. For example, sniping alone is not challenging in this game, now if you add a time limit the challenge would be to use your aiming skills to kill every actor before the time ends, this will make the player be carful not to waste any headshot. That's just an exdample, I hope you get the point.
Great entry from you! Better than the previous one without a doubt. I hope youll keep participating!

clear the streets

Reveal hidden contents

That was a decent mission you got there! I liked the introductory garbage workers scene, even though it didn't add anything to the plot. There weren't much dialogue or cutscenes to praise - or critisize. The gameplay was ok, with the an ok object mapping. It was a too easy tho. I can basically snipe almost everyone up and they won't land a single hit on me. Could've used a bit more challenge there. But it was alright as a first entry! I hope you'll participate more!

Kill Cj

Reveal hidden contents

This mission kinda impressed me, ngl. But i have to say I kinda expected more. The name of the mission implies that this gonna be a generic, poorly designed 'kill cj' mission. But knowing Robert I knew it was not gonna be that bad. But ended up above average.
The cutscenes were impressive! I loved the use of character animation in this one. What impressed me  is how the audio matched the action in the beginning. Well done in this regard!
The dialogue was well made and to the point. it felt natural and sounded just like how gangs should. Maybe most of them were direct replications from the main game, but noetheless, this was well done.
The Gameplay had 3 different segments. a sniping one, a gangbattle, and a boss fight. It's nice to have some variety. The sniping segment didn't provied any real challenge but it was short and the ammo was limited and it didn't affect the difficulty of the whole mission, unlike Operation Magma. The shootout was nice. i see people are complaining about the lack of cover in the area. but adding objects in this area wouldn't work well, unless you added some lowrider cars. In any case, the shootout was almost balanced with a slight lean to the easier side. The final boss battle is basicall a difficulty spike outta nowhere. I couldn't get pass cj until now, and every trick I tried, failed. I almost nailed it at somepoint, but one simple mistake can cost your life very quickly. I think it provided a good challange for me, nonetheless. but I can see why  a lot of people will get upset.
Nice entry, Robert. I hope to see more entires from you! I have to say though, the idea you picked really limited your chances of winning. I think no matter how well made this entry was, it would still lose to the other crazy entries here, since it's still nothing but a polished ' kill cj' joke. Good luck next time!

Final Showdown

Reveal hidden contents

This mission is what I believe MOTW done to it's full potential. Polski used everything he can get his hands on to make this masterpiece! From skin mods and sound design, all the way to custom interiors and object mapping. It just works so well it's impossible to overlook. I played some of the previous entries made by polski, namely, Virus Leakage, Volkssturm pt.2, and The Cup of Life. They were all impressive in their own rights, but this entry is way above and beyond, IMO.
The Cutscenes were very well made! The Intro scene was my favorite. I mean Gee, the amount of details in that cutscene alone, is outstanding! The hangar was full of objects and actors doing different things in the background. from soldiers conversing, one checking on the Ammo carts, another running, There was tanks and cars going around. I know they seem like tiny details that  should get me rambling about, but goddamn these together made an amazing scene. I also liked how in the hideout when the alarm went off, the falling of the dead actor synced perfectly with the audio. Also using the drunk animation to resemble Chang being shot in the shoulder (and how the sound synced perfectly with that) is absolutely brilliant!
The gameplay was great! I love the difficulty in this one, certainly took me a few tries to finish this mission. I was rightly punished everytime i strolled around in the place like an idiot, instead of being careful like I should be since it's a one man infiltration. One thing that impressed me is how the use of the custom interior was used to control how much ammo is allowed for the player to have. This way when you kill an enemy you can't have their ammo. It added a good deal to the tension! of course it has it's downside. sometimes the controls feel slidey, and I occasionaly got stuck by dead actors, But it didn't diminish the experience that much. 
The dialogue is something I'm not sure what to say about, I mean you said that you were inspired by Battlefield 3 & 4. It could be that you just copy pasted from it. But nevertheless, the dialogue sounded very professional and solid, and it would be mind blowing if you actually came up with that on your own.

Military Precision

Reveal hidden contents

Another Outstanding MOTW entry from lascha2nd! This entry is the best I played form you so far next to hospital raid. I can see you gradually improving entry by entry and that is a great thing to witness. it's sad that it got rushed, though. If it was finished I think it would've won.
The cutscenes, Ooooh the cutscenes! I don't even know which shot is my favourite. I can't pick. The introductory shots with burning patriot vehicles and planes? or the shots in the destroyed building with Andre and Rith? or the ones showing the destroyed town from above with the burned airplane? how can you do all of this?? Seriously? huge improvement in that from your previous entry! Beautifully enhanced by the tremewndous amount of objects and vehicles.
The gameplay was interesting, again the improvement is clear, I loved the part when exploring the ruins of the city while killing russian soldiers scattered around! however, some parts of the mission hindered the exepreience. for example, in that cutscene, when Rith get's in the car and then andre tries to get in, sometimes andre is so late that rith just drives and leave him behind, which leaves the player trying to catch the car by running just to trigger the next objective. Also that hospitalclearing objective was not fair because there was a lot of enemies and very few ammo to take even half of them. Doesn't help that some of them carry shotguns around.
The dialogue have also improved generally. I have to say that this mission had more dialogue than your previous entries. And it was generally more detailed than before. However, this is the level where you probably need to improve your grammar a bit. As going through a lot of long dialogues can be jarring for a viewer if the language isn't solid or the content isn't interesting. 
But in any case, What lascha2nd could visually present by his mission without the use of any skin mods, Is what Polski wouldn't be able to with his mission if not for the mods he used. Great job on that, man!

Finally, my vote goes to 

Reveal hidden contents

Appreciate ur review, now I didn't make it clear who r the Darth Eagles, Basically they are a decently sized cooperation working FOR the government. They are kinda like the FBI but on a higher level. They basically do the government's dirty work in some capacity. Powerful private agents basically.

• Like 1
Robert17
10 hours ago, Aymunz said:

Woozie's death:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Operation Magma

Reveal hidden contents

clear the streets

Reveal hidden contents

Kill Cj

Reveal hidden contents

Final Showdown

Reveal hidden contents

Military Precision

Reveal hidden contents

Finally, my vote goes to 

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks so much for the feedback!

• Like 2
Aymunz
9 hours ago, Axoez said:

but come on driving puzzle is an awesome idea isn't it 

yes

6 hours ago, M316 said:

Basically they are a decently sized cooperation working FOR the government. They are kinda like the FBI but on a higher level. They basically do the government's dirty work in some capacity. Powerful private agents basically.

I see. It makes more sense now

8 minutes ago, Robert17 said:

Thanks so much for the feedback!

np ;)

lascha2nd

It would be unfair more if I let enemy use RPG before. Yeah, in ambush sequences you supposed to face with enemy has RPG but cut in before deadline passed because he wouldn't let you survived for 30 seconds long

• KEKW 1
Aymunz
5 hours ago, lascha2nd said:

It would be unfair more if I let enemy use RPG before. Yeah, in ambush sequences you supposed to face with enemy has RPG but cut in before deadline passed because he wouldn't let you survived for 30 seconds long

Maaaan, thank God you didn't, lol!