• Stardust101 - Woozie's Death
    • Axoez - The Death of Miss Johnson
    • M316 - Operation Magma
    • Abdo - Clear the street
    • Robert17 - Kill CJ
    • Polski Oski - Final Showdown
    • lascha2nd - Military Precision

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/13/2021 at 08:00 AM

6 minutes ago, Rathard said:

You are an obvious troll. You have no real arguments. If I am 11 you are 8.

If u r in the DYOM server on discord u would absolutely know that i am not, also how am i an 8 just cos i am speaking facts lmao. f*cking hell trolls r pain in the ass

Rathard
Just now, M316 said:

If u r in the DYOM server on discord u would absolutely know that i am not, also how am i an 8 just cos i am speaking facts lmao. f*cking hell trolls r pain in the ass

No i am not in the DYOM server on discord. Why would I be? You arent speaking any facts at all my boy. Sorry, you arent 8, you are 7. I am lowering your age

1 minute ago, Rathard said:

No i am not in the DYOM server on discord. Why would I be? You arent speaking any facts at all my boy. Sorry, you arent 8, you are 7. I am lowering your age

Lowering my age??? That`s all u have got. U sounded dumb and still do and all of u have got is this. Damn trolls really are lowlifes. Everybody knows that u r.😂

sh*t went real quickly. Now can we move on people?

It is boring at this point...

Edited by M316
  • Like 1
Rathard
12 minutes ago, M316 said:

Lowering my age??? That`s all u have got. U sounded dumb and still do and all of u have got is this. Damn trolls really are lowlifes. Everybody knows that u r.😂

Aight, thats it, i am lowering it to 6.

• KEKW 1
2 minutes ago, Rathard said:

Aight, thats it, i am lowering it to 6.

Laugh people before the 5 year old troll cries

ArkianHue
2 hours ago, Str33t said:

Kill Karl Janson

Hide contents

This mission, managed to connect with me on a deeper level. Don't be fooled by the apparent simplicity of this mission, as it actually is the most complex entry this MOTW thread has to offer, filled with subliminal messages.
Despite the short duration of the mission,  it was still able to somehow showcase the various issues the black community had and still is going through. From only the first cutscene we can already take away lots of valuable information and hints that the author clearly left there for us fellow DYOM enthusiasts to investigate and to further help us reach our own conclusions on the topic. Unfortunately, lots of people here are narrow-minded bigoted ignorants, that would rather seek dopamine on ludicrous awful cliché "kill-kill" ultra manly alpha misogynistic crap, instead of enjoying an amazing work of art that intends to take you on a trip to explore the culture of a minority that, to this day, still, unfortunately, suffers.
Anyways, back to the matter at hand, the mission starts like any other, Tarnell visits KJ aka Karl Janson, a black male somewhere in his 20's, who proceeds to try to befriend Tarnell, and then points out that he is unaware of how to change his clothing, and shortly after, an elderly woman, out of nowhere, shoots KJ at point-blank, and we're left wondering, what just happened?
The typical DYOM player would just get confused and move on, but an intellectual would look further into it, and so I did.
It's quite simple really, this mission makes several points, which I shall address now one by one, from my personal point of view.
The elderly woman is none other, than Beverly Janson, the mother of Karl Janson. But, where is the father? And why does KJ's mom shoots him just as he's expressing to Tarnell that he cannot change his garments? As confusing as it may seem, it all comes down to one thing: the lack of a father figure, a common issue in the black community.
Without a dad, KJ's mom struggled to raise Karl Janson, which was especially harder with a crack epidemic in her poor neighborhood.
The absence of his father affected Karl a lot, to the point he was unable to do anything by himself, he dropped out of school and never truly understood how to do basic things like changing his clothes. KJ's mom tried at first to (poorly) help him, but in the end, she stopped giving a f*ck and started smoking crack to cope with the whole situation she was into.
So basically, Karl's mom shooting at KJ is a metaphor, the shotgun she holds technically represent the inaction on her part to raise Karl Janson properly, which will ultimately lead him to a miserable life, a life where he can't become a normal member of society, a life where he'll affiliate himself with gangs and ultimately, die.
Allowing the mission to play as normal (ignoring the problem) will lead to KJ's eventual death, to the failure/death of the modern-day black male. That's why when KJ dies, we get hit with "Mission Failed" because it means we (Tarnell) failed as a community to stop this problem that has been haunting the black people for decades.
But if we don't let the mission play as normal, and we simply decide to skip the cutscene (take action) and then stop KJ's mom before it's too late, we'll be saving Karl Janson, which will then lead to a well earned "Mission Completed"!
Killing KJ's mom is just another metaphor to: address the inaction on the mother figures part. Bringing awareness to this topic and help those lonely mothers to support and raise their children, so that they can become excellent members of society and not just some thugs. So basically, killing the old unsupportive mother, so that the responsible mother can shine.
This mission managed to successfully show us those issues as they are,  something that Hollywood and the Media still have a somewhat hard time doing it.
As a black male, I feel represented. Thank you Asadiki, for your excellent contribution to the DYOM and Black community.

My vote goes to:

Reveal hidden contents

Kill Karl Janson

You seriously did this, bro? I mean c'mon, bro, it has more lore, secrets that we may never know.... 😂

RithRake24

I haven't seen such a MOTW chat in ages. If this 'discussion' goes on there is going to be a bunch of 'negative-aged people' here.

The job of the host is not only conduct the MOTW and open the voting stage, but to also ascertain whether the missions meet the theme requirements and to disqualify them if they do not. I am going to leave the decision to @lascha2nd here since that's the norm, however I will say this: in Asadiki's mission, no prominent character is established and you are simply thrown into a scenario where you have to kill one person in front of you. It's not assassination in my eyes if the player is not at least informed that this person is important, or if there is any attempt put into making the encounter anything more than just 'hey, kill this person'. And with Rathard's mission, while there are a lot of objectives and undeniably more effort put into it comparatively than Asadiki's, the experience involves travelling around the map and gunning down groups of enemies that are simply given names (such as 'f*ckheads', 'communists') and this clearly does not equate to the assassination of a prominent character. However, I am leaving it to Lascha to make the decision whether either or both these missions should be disqualified or not.

I will also state the suspicious nature of the accounts of Str33t, Rathard and Asadiki. Rathard's and Asadiki's forum accounts were created within two days, but the 'coincidence' doesn't end there. Str33t's, Rathard's and Asadiki's DYOM site accounts were made within the space of an hour. The only person in Str33t's respect list is Rathard. Str33t's activity on the DYOM site involves giving 1-star rates to missions. Of course it's easy for either of the three to state that these events are just coincidences, and as far as I am concerned, this is suspicious but not definitive evidence of some foulplay. I will be keeping an eye on the three accounts.

• Like 6
asadiki

(sigh), ok. I have to come clear now as the situation seems to go out of control.

Spoiler

I made this account to basically make stupid missions that are lazily made and unfinished. I had an idea in mind, "hey why not participate with a mission that is so bad that not only makes people not vote to it, but also to hopefully make people laugh?". That was the purpose of this Karl mission, sh*t and gigs. I used this Asa7be persona with bad spelling, and egotistical demeanor for the same purpose, sh*t and gigs. I apologize if that is offensive, I shouldn't mock people's spelling, but this kind of humor of people with high egos but troubled minds saying things that only makes sense to them is what I'm extremely guilty of enjoying.

Then I had an another idea, "how about we make some character development to this persona?". And so I decided to lower Asa7be's ego by saying that " after i played the rest of the missions I found that my mission actually sucks". Then Rathard decided to play friendly. He supported me [me as in asa7be], he followed this account and liked my dummy WIP topic. And I decided to play along as a beginner trying to cheer another up.

Later on the voting started, and that's when sh*t turned south. Rathard decided to vote the mission that I purposely made bad and he even gave a detailed reason for it. Until then, I wasn't sure of what his intentions of doing that -and even now I'm not sure if he's trolling or not- but it did no much harm and i decided to roll with it. Then Str33t decided to join the party and gave me another vote, and people started to get upset. Now it seems that it's a troll movement to sabotage the contest.

Am I and Rathard are the same person? No.

Are we old friends? No.

Are Rathard and Str33t the same person? I have no clue.

Are Rathard and Str33t a team of trolls? I don't know.

Did I want to ruin the contest? No.

Did I know that it will go this far?  I promise you, I didn't.

I'm fully aware of the consequences of my actions. I understand that you'll be upset. And I truly apologize.

• excuseme 2
Aymunz
9 minutes ago, asadiki said:

(sigh), ok. I have to come clear now as the situation seems to go out of control.

Reveal hidden contents

I made this account to basically make stupid missions that are lazily made and unfinished. I had an idea in mind, "hey why not participate with a mission that is so bad that not only makes people not vote to it, but also to hopefully make people laugh?". That was the purpose of this Karl mission, sh*t and gigs. I used this Asa7be persona with bad spelling, and egotistical demeanor for the same purpose, sh*t and gigs. I apologize if that is offensive, I shouldn't mock people's spelling, but this kind of humor of people with high egos but troubled minds saying things that only makes sense to them is what I'm extremely guilty of enjoying.

Then I had an another idea, "how about we make some character development to this persona?". And so I decided to lower Asa7be's ego by saying that " after i played the rest of the missions I found that my mission actually sucks". Then Rathard decided to play friendly. He supported me [me as in asa7be], he followed this account and liked my dummy WIP topic. And I decided to play along as a beginner trying to cheer another up.

Later on the voting started, and that's when sh*t turned south. Rathard decided to vote the mission that I purposely made bad and he even gave a detailed reason for it. Until then, I wasn't sure of what his intentions of doing that -and even now I'm not sure if he's trolling or not- but it did no much harm and i decided to roll with it. Then Str33t decided to join the party and gave me another vote, and people started to get upset. Now it seems that it's a troll movement to sabotage the contest.

Am I and Rathard are the same person? No.

Are we old friends? No.

Are Rathard and Str33t the same person? I have no clue.

Are Rathard and Str33t a team of trolls? I don't know.

Did I want to ruin the contest? No.

Did I know that it will go this far?  I promise you, I didn't.

I'm fully aware of the consequences of my actions. I understand that you'll be upset. And I truly apologize.

I'm sorry guys. I made this account.

Edited by Aymunz
  • excuseme 1
RithRake24

Now that we know the origin of the asadiki account and mission, we can disqualify the (purposely horribly made) mission and therefore remove the two votes it received which was obviously done as a joke. Let's keep this contest a contest and not something to fool around with, guys. Vote for people who deserve your vote.

• Like 2
Rathard

AHAHAHH, holy sh*t . I am completely amazed by this . Here's my story : my friend str33t told me about these competitions and I thought I'd participate , no trolling , I made a mission and submitted it and that was it . But then asadiki showed up , me and str33t played all the missions and we laughed our asses off on kill Karl janson, we thought it was the best sh*t ever , I don't think voting for it is trolling , we actually got the most enjoyment out of it , that one short mission was better to us than all the other ones , we played them all and they never cut it enough , kill Karl janson was the best sh*t ever . I followed asidiki around cause every single one of his replies was hilarious . I actually thought asadaki was just some 12 year old Egyptian kid , that's why it was so funny . I don't think voting for his mission is trolling , cause as I said , it was more fun and gave us way more enjoyment than the other ones .

f*cking hell aymunz u managed to cause some chaos ffs. U made me become the most toxic asshole right here XDDD

32 minutes ago, Aymunz said:

RithRake24
3 minutes ago, Rathard said:

AHAHAHH, holy sh*t . I am completely amazed by this . Here's my story : my friend str33t told me about these competitions and I thought I'd participate , no trolling , I made a mission and submitted it and that was it . But then asadiki showed up , me and str33t played all the missions and we laughed our asses off on kill Karl janson, we thought it was the best sh*t ever , I don't think voting for it is trolling , we actually got the most enjoyment out of it , that one short mission was better to us than all the other ones , we played them all and they never cut it enough , kill Karl janson was the best sh*t ever . I followed asidiki around cause every single one of his replies was hilarious . I actually thought asadaki was just some 12 year old Egyptian kid , that's why it was so funny . I don't think voting for his mission is trolling , cause as I said , it was more fun and gave us way more enjoyment than the other ones .

Thanks for clearing it up. The asadiki mission will still be removed from consideration for winning this MOTW and Str33t has an opportunity to change his vote by the deadline. However, since your account is not 4 weeks old on the forums yet, and you have caused some confusions and arguments in this topic, your vote will not be counted for this MOTW. Feel free to keep participating and stay active around here (and the discord server, if you want to join) and we may validate your votes for the following MOTWs.

• Like 1
Rathard
1 minute ago, RithRake24 said:

Thanks for clearing it up. The asadiki mission will still be removed from consideration for winning this MOTW and Str33t has an opportunity to change his vote by the deadline. However, since your account is not 4 weeks old on the forums yet, and you have caused some confusions and arguments in this topic, your vote will not be counted for this MOTW. Feel free to keep participating and stay active around here (and the discord server, if you want to join) and we may validate your votes for the following MOTWs.

How is this my fault ? I literally got trolled by asadiki and he's not even punished . I got fooled that this guy was real , it's not my fault . I am as trustworthy as it gets around here 

Aymunz
9 minutes ago, Rathard said:

How is this my fault ? I literally got trolled by asadiki and he's not even punished . I got fooled that this guy was real , it's not my fault . I am as trustworthy as it gets around here 

I'm sorry if you got fooled, man. I hope you understand now why people are upset because of my mission and your votes. I didn't mean to frame you as a troll.  I'm sorry if this damaged your reputation here.

• excuseme 1
3 hours ago, Aymunz said:

Aymunz... you stupid piece of f*cking sh*t :angrycat:
I'm going to keep bothering you with "five syeven doler" now >:D

• KEKW 1
  • Bruh 1
ArkianHue

@RithRake24 Will the rules/requirements change?

Like account date, posts? So none of these trolls/jokes happen again. Hopefully

@Aymunz Come on, your better than this. I mean you look like a fool now with your 'joke account'. At least you said that it was you who created that account, so I'll pass.

Honestly, I felt something is not quite right when these three missions participated. Okaaaay. Let's continue voting and cut this drama off. 

Edited by ArkianHue
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1
Aymunz
5 hours ago, Axoez said:

I'm going to keep bothering you with "five syeven doler" now >:D

Can't say I'll be bothered 😂

1 hour ago, ArkianHue said:

@Aymunz Come on, your better than this. I mean you look like a fool now with your 'joke account'. At least you said that it was you who created that account, so I'll pass.

Sorry, man. It was stupid of me, I know. I'm a clown now. 

1 hour ago, ArkianHue said:

Okaaaay. Let's continue voting and cut this drama off.

That's the best thing to do! 

• Like 2
Robert17
8 hours ago, Rathard said:

Nice, I wake up only to find out asadiki is Aymunz's alt, and Str33t and Rathard voted a trash mission as a joke. But it wasn't funny, you messed up big time and caused a small drama. If you intended to vote his mission as a joke, you could've told us way earlier before things got worse. It's your guys's fault (Str33t and Rathard) that you got into this mess. It's partially Aymunz's fault too for making a joke account and participate.

This is actually the worst MOTW i've ever participated, i'm not even joking.

Anyways, let's move on. Now that we stopped this drama, I wanna play the missions and give my own vote today.

Edited by Robert17
  • Like 2
VikingEVM

Woozie's Death by @Stardust101

Spoiler

At least this one is functional. Sadly, it is a bit generic in terms of dialogue and gameplay itself. Enemies are all stationary, with no animation. Would've been better to take advantage of the linearity of the building by, for example, putting a series of invisible checkpoints along the path the player has to take to reach the top floor and using them to spawn some enemies in the player's face (maybe have them coming from behind a wall with the SWAT anims) along with some pre-placed static enemies with some anims. 6/10

The Death of Miss Johnson by @Axoez

Spoiler

Feels more like a tech demo than a mission itself. As a tech demo, it excels in showing a very cool way of using the camera that could make for some gameplay variety if used correctly. The dialogues is also pretty well written. Unfortunately, some of the angles in the driving sections were not very good and i had some difficulty getting to the checkpoints in some areas. 7/10

Operation Magma by @M316

Spoiler

There is clearly effort put into it, from the plan, to mapping of the command center and the layout of the abandoned airstrip. Sadly, the mission has some repetitive, generic dialogues with several grammar mistakes. Also, while the concept of causing panic with the smokes and then wiping out the goons is good on paper, it could've been executed better. I had some problems with a couple of targets as Paul on the hangar roof, because they were behind trailers and Arnold was not moving towards them to kill them or at least lure them out for me. Still, the idea in itself is very good, pretty original and executed well enough. 6.5/10

Clear the Street by @abdo

Spoiler

Really, really generic. There are grammar and syntax errors in the dialogues. The mission itself consists in shooting a bunch of guys that stand still, with no real stake or anything. 4/10

Kill CJ by @Robert17

Spoiler

Dialogue-wise, and also is pretty polished overall. The gang war bit is nice, maybe a little barebones, like there is no real map layout or cover, it's simply allies vs enemies mixed. CJ himself is a real pain in the ass, although with the right tactic you can kill him with not much effort. 6.5/10

Final Showdown by @Polski Oski

Spoiler

Technically and gameplay-wise a great mission. The dialogues are very well done, as is the intro sequence.
The hideout is entirely mapped taking advantage of DYOM# and it's great. Ammo is scarce but not too much, and you receive different weapons often. Enemy placement is very good and there's plenty of cover and ways to plan your approach. It's punishing (meaning that if you rush B with P90 cyka blyat you are going to die most likely), but not frustrating. It forces you to play it tactically, adding in to the tone of the mission. The breaching scene is GLORIOUS. 9/10

Military Precision by @lascha2nd

Spoiler

Some really great mapping there, i especially liked the details in one of the destroyed buildings, with a desk, toilet, trash on the floor. The mission itself isn't bad from a gameplay perspective, moving through the war-torn city while fighting or avoiding enemy soldiers is a really cool idea. Reminds me of Sniper Elite somehow. However, the mission is hindered by a couple of bugs, some grammar and syntax mistakes in dialogues and an excessive scarcity of ammo, which would be good if you could always choose if you want to fight or avoid certain enemies, but later on you are forced to take on multiple enemies with quite a lot of health and the low ammo count is a bit of a problem. 7.5/10

My vote goes to

Spoiler

Final Showdown by @Polski Oski

Edited by VikingEVM
  • Like 6

damn there's a lot to review, I wonder if my lazy ass can be bothered to review all of this... ok I can

Review for MOTW #175 (Ranked from the best to worst)
@Polski Oski
-=Final Showdown=-

Spoiler

:[=Story=]:
"War of 2020 with China is coming to an end with Jin Jie stopping it for. Turns out that Admiral Chang, the man who tried to assasinate Jin Jie, the next leader of China, was alive and escaped to Russia after the Battle of Suez Canal. Sergeant Recker is tasked by Captain Blackburn, to inflintrate Admiral Chang's hideout and put an end to the threat of next Sino-American War." It is pretty Battlefield themed (well you did say it's inspired by both Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4), so you did a great job at the story! No improvements that I can suggest.

:[=Cutscene=]:
You did a very well job of making this one, the way you use these DYOM animations for something else was also pretty clever, especially with the ending where you get to kill Admiral Cheng, using the drunkard fighting animation (it's actually Paul and Maccer fighting animation) as death animation. still no improvements that I can suggest.

:[=Gameplay=]:
It wasn't hard, nor easy, you (intentionally or unintentionally) perfectly calculated the amount of ammo, the default weapon you get when starting the mission runs out and there's a new weapon just sitting in front of you.

@lascha2nd
-=Military Precision=-

Spoiler

"The tale of Andrej and RithRake24 assassinating a Russian commander, then fighting the Russians army, ending with a Russian tank coming and their fate unknown..." I gotta say, this kind of reminds me of the part in Far Cry 3 where you have to escape from Vaas in the beginning, so that's a big yes for me!

Damnnn the part in the beginning, when the camera goes from the side to third person transitioned smoothly! The part where Andre and Rith is on the building going to assassinate the Russian commander was also good, and I love the way you gave an excuse for Andre to not use the sniper.

The objects placement was awesome! But the fighting part, it was pretty hard for me (You did put a disclaimer that it's hard), I had to use "HESOYAM" a lot since there's almost no healths at all, my MOTW #172 entry was hard, but there's 4 health kits nearby, it was fun, but I'm afraid that you might've gave a little bit too little ammo, and the enemies has what, 500 healths? Please do give more ammos, or at least many guns scattered around, it is war so it makes sense if there's many guns laying on the ground.

@M316
-=Operation Mgma=-

Spoiler

"The government is planning to take down a Brazilian international drug dealer with 3 mens, cooperating with each other to initiate the operation", it was an amazing story man! You surely do know how to write a good story that catches my interest!

It's basically perfect! no discussion. But the part where you execute the boss was a little bit disappointing, just a bullet to the head and that's it. And I suggest to not use shortcuts that you use in mobile texting (such as: "Hey, u ready for this?", "u r so stupid") (excluding: I'll, I'm, You're, What'chu), I get that there's characters (or letters) limit in DYOM, but try to not use them next time.

Now this part, I really love the constant 3 players switching, they switches just at the right moment. The fighting was not hard nor easy, just that the players share weapons, but well I can't blame you for that since you pretty much only have 1 objectives left. The part where you snipe enemies that got blinded with smoke grenades was really clever because you have to use thermal googles for it.

(This is in the third spot just because because I made the thumbnail xd)

@Robert17
-=Kill CJ=-

Spoiler

This would sound like an average mission made by a first-timer in DYOM at first glance, but think again!
"3 main Balla protagonist, Little Weasel aka "Fat Balla", Kane aka "Gangsta Balla", "Kyle" (name made up by me) as "Balla" going to assassinate the leaders of Grove Street Families, Sean "Sweet" Johnson and Carl "CJ" Johnson" It was a decent story, but enjoyable, good job!

The first part was nice, but damn, the part where sh*t starts to blow up, every Ballas member storming the place, it's starting to look amazing! Especially when that Balla slides to the right and kills the Grove member.

Pretty well balanced! A lot of Balla vs a lot of Grove, I don't really like the part where Sweet comes out of his home and you get teleported in front, you could've at least give us some cover first, I also got surprised when CJ slide out of his room with a minigun, gives us some time to run away, the trick is to fight CJ here is by shooting him (stunning him), then run to cover, reload, then do this again until he dies, very well done!

(Rathard's mission is supposed to be here, but well he got disqualified, and the only thing I got to say is "you have to drive around the entire state, but I find it a bit funny that you're trying to piss off your friend")

@abdo mot34
-=Clear The Street=-

Spoiler

"Kyle and the triads assassinates the boss, only for Kyle to get assassinated back..." it was a bit too short of a story, and isn't really that interesting.

It was great! I only have that three words, sorry...

It was decent, the "Kill the bodyguards" part was the most fun part compared to the other part, and the boss' car driver was bugged so he didn't come, making me have to walk there and shoot him in front of him.

@Stardust101
-=Woozie's Death=-

Spoiler

"Shinji, a member of the Vietnamese Da Nang Boys, goes to assassinate the Mountain Clouds Boys leader Wu Zi Mu, better known as Woozie, it all went pretty well, Shinji massacres every members of the Mountain Cloud Boys Triad in the building, and proceeds to detonate the building" it was pretty decent, but I don't think Woozie is the type to run a crack fortress.

There's almost no cutscenes at all, so I can't say anything about this one, but the one on the beginning feels pretty lame to me, you could've make the camera angles a bit more interesting, just not the basic camera showing one actor's torso at the middle.

It was a bit on the easy side, my suggestion is to disable "Headshot" in the enemies and have 250 healths, and a bit higher accuracy, maybe 50, and maybe use some checkpoints so enemies can spawn behind you and give you a little bit surprise.

(asadiki's mission is supposed to be here, but f*ck you aymunz for making this account, you f*cking five syeven doler)

@Axoez
-=The Death Of Miss Johnson=-

Spoiler

This mission big poop eww broken camera 🤢🤮 I already told you to quit dyom and go spend your time with your family or something

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Aymunz said:

Can't say I'll be bothered 😂

five syeven doler
five syeven doler
five syeven doler
five syeven doler
five syeven doler
five syeven doler
five syeven doler
five syeven doler
five syeven doler
five syeven doler
five syeven doler
five syeven doler

Robert17

Ok, here's my review.

Woozie's Death (by @Stardust101)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (5.6/10)

Note: The mission was designed in a way any normal designer can do. The cutscenes were plain simple and the gameplay as well, the mission lacks animations and cutscenes. Be more focused on making the story next time and be more creative! (A story where Woozie owns a drug factory is not creativity).

Story (5/10)

The story was not really well done. So basically the boss sends only one Da Nang Boy member who has to go to a drug factory and kill Woozie. Although it's so unlikely that a normal member of the gang can take care of everything (but oh well, in DYOM everything is possible!). Also why does Woozie have a drug factory now? That's another thing that bothers me. He's obviously not looking like a character who loves drugs and money and makes a factory of his own (as seen in the main storyline).

Gameplay (6/10)

The gameplay was ok. It was fun to kill all mountain cloud boys all the way through, also the mini boss fight using only fists. But it was kinda short. There was a way you could extend the gameplay, such as killing some other mountain cloud boys while leaving the factory (with a timelimit), you could've done that but you just skipped it right at the end.

One more thing to add, all enemies did not have any animations, you could've added enemies with the animation of hiding behind the wall to make the gameplay even more fun.

Cutscenes (6/10)

Sadly there are not a lot of cutscenes, not much dialogue at all. One thing I can say is about the cutscene at the end where the building exploded. That cutscene kinda sucked, you could've added slowmotion and each part of the building exploding, one of after another (not at the same time).

The Death of Miss Johnson (by @Axoez)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (7.25/10)

Note: I couldn't finish the mission. I'm not gonna share my opinion about the story because you took that idea from the main storyline lol.

Gameplay (6.5/10)

The gameplay was just about driving around the area until finally reaching Grove Street (Putting cameras was not a bad idea, but It was sometimes difficult to reach the checkpoints). But I couldn't kill Beverly Johnson and I was so confused at that part. I've tried a few times but eventually I just left it be. 🤷‍♂️ 

Cutscenes (8/10)

The dialogue was good between the Ballas members. Some camera positions were badly placed during the gameplay and it made it a bit difficult to reach the checkpoints. But overall nice job using this "secret" feature.

Harmer (by @Rathard(DISQUALIFIED)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (0/10)

Note: Your mission (which is currently removed from the entries) is the sh*ttiest entry I've ever saw. Hope you'll have a good laugh reading this.

Explanation:

This mission is a huge joke. It doesn't meet this theme's requirements. So first you have to go visit an old friend who's telling you to buy him a cheeseburger, then you have to kill a "f*ckhead". Later on, that old friend gives you a pistol, then you have to kill some other "f*ckheads". Then you have to go to a new friend who tells you to buy him a big mac, then you have to kill so many other f*ckheads, then visit the new friend again but the police comes to arrest you and you have to kill all the cops. I was killed then at this point I was so done with the mission itself, it's even worse than Asadiki's mission.

You either didn't understand the theme, or you just designed this mediocre mission on purpose. Just to let you know that killing doesn't mean assassinating, they're both different terms.

kill karl janson (by @Aymunz aka Asadiki) (DISQUALIFIED)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (0/10)

Note: Why should I even talk about this.

Operation Magma (by @M316)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (10/10)

Note: The mission was epic.

Story (10/10)

The story was awesome. I think you made a script for this whole plan and it's well executed! I want more missions like that.

Gameplay (9/10)

I loved the sniping part where you had to kill the enemies in the fog wearing night goggles, but overall there wasn't a lot of gameplay, it just felt kinda short. By the way I love the objects and how everything was organized in the airstrip.

Cutscenes (10/10)

I loved the objects, the animations, the dialogue and the way this whole thing was planned. I can't say anything bad about it. Also the cutscene at the end was epic.

Final Showdown (by @Polski Oski)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (10/10)

Note: Your mission is fantastic.

Story (10/10)

The story is a nice inspiration! It's well executed.

Gameplay (10/10)

Nice objects placed around here, the music fits well with the gameplay! The skins are pretty cool too. Killing the enemies was quite a challenge but it was possible!

Cutscenes (10/10)

You've used the objects and the effects to make the cutscenes feel more unique! As well as the dialogue and the animations.

Military Precision (by @lascha2nd)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (8.6/10)

Note: The mission has bugs.

Story (9/10)

The story was good, I didn't really understand it because of the grammar, but I can feel it's pretty good.

Gameplay (7/10)

While the gameplay was alright, it had some issues. At that part where I had to get outta here with the soldier friend (I dont remember his name), I was stuck. the mission didn't give me any more objectives for some reason (but that was enough for me to criticize your mission).

Cutscenes (10/10)

The cutscenes are really good at the beginning (the objects, the cars, the animations etc). The cutscenes are briliant!

Clear the street (by @abdo mot34)

Spoiler

Overall Rate (3/10)

Note: The title doesn't fit with the mission, because it's not really about cleaning the streets. It's about cleaning some enemies from a hideout. Bring a better title next time. The mission was too plain simple, just like Stardust's.

Story (3/10)

It was just about some triad member killing a target, this mission lacks a story and I don't understand the concept.

Gameplay (5/10)

The target was stuck in the sidewalk with no driver, I had to go over there to kill the target. Then I had to kill the rest of the enemies but there wasn't much gameplay.

Cutscenes (2/10)

You didn't add any cutscenes except at the end lol, everybody wishes for a lot of cutscenes but you didn't add any. This mission lacks a lot of things.

My vote goes to...

Spoiler

🥇Polski Olski (You have my vote, congrats!)

🥈M316

🥉Lascha2nd

🏅Axoez

🏅Stardust101

🏅abdo mot34

I know my review might seem bad, but I'm tired.

Edited by Robert17
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, Robert17 said:

But I couldn't kill Beverly Johnson and I was so confused at that part

You gotta do what it was like in the movie, you shoot at the door, I was going to put Sweet on the door and pretend he's inside, but then I find out the car is moving too fast that you can't kill him, so I decided to make it 2 objects objectives, just so you will shoot long enough, like in the movie.

14 minutes ago, Robert17 said:

using this "secret" feature.

what do you mean "secret" feature? This isn't even secret at all, the "secret" feature I mentioned is a whole different thing, something that I believe no one has ever done.

Robert17
2 hours ago, Axoez said:

You gotta do what it was like in the movie, you shoot at the door, I was going to put Sweet on the door and pretend he's inside, but then I find out the car is moving too fast that you can't kill him, so I decided to make it 2 objects objectives, just so you will shoot long enough, like in the movie.

what do you mean "secret" feature? This isn't even secret at all, the "secret" feature I mentioned is a whole different thing, something that I believe no one has ever done.

I mean the secret feature when  you use the camera during the gameplay stupid

Edited by Robert17
  • Bruh 1
1 minute ago, Robert17 said:

I mean the secret feature when  you use the camera during the gameplay stupid

That the camera during gameplay isn't the secret feature