• Stardust101 - Woozie's Death
    • Axoez - The Death of Miss Johnson
    • M316 - Operation Magma
    • Abdo - Clear the street
    • Robert17 - Kill CJ
    • Polski Oski - Final Showdown
    • lascha2nd - Military Precision

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/13/2021 at 08:00 AM

Rathard
4 minutes ago, Aymunz said:

This has to be some kind of satire. He basically provided one liners for reviews. And he has plenty of spelling mistakes. 

It's not bad to have some humor but right now you're new and you look like a troll/fake account. 

I can understand him just fine, I don't think he needs to improve his grammar for most people to understand him. I wrote my review the same way and you guys didnt say that it was wrong. Also lmao why would i be a fake account, I literally submitted my whole mission and sh*t and I get called fake 😐 Cruel people

• Like 1
Polski Oski
2 minutes ago, Rathard said:

I can understand him just fine, I don't think he needs to improve his grammar for most people to understand him. I wrote my review the same way and you guys didnt say that it was wrong. Also lmao why would i be a fake account, I literally submitted my whole mission and sh*t and I get called fake 😐 Cruel people

Because you 2 act like that. And no. You didn't made review same like his. You made a review for all missions and the other guy only about 4 missions which doesn't give any feedback. 

He made a lot spelling issues and if you don't see them, you're Just blind. No, I'm not sarcastic. 

Both of you act like Trolls/Same Person

Rathard
2 minutes ago, Polski Oski said:

Because you 2 act like that. And no. You didn't made review same like his. You made a review for all missions and the other guy only about 4 missions which doesn't give any feedback. 

He made a lot spelling issues and if you don't see them, you're Just blind. No, I'm not sarcastic. 

Both of you act like Trolls/Same Person

The last time I looked this was a DYOM mission competition, not a spelling bee

Polski Oski
3 minutes ago, Rathard said:

But you are defending that guy even tho we are right and then both of you act like trolls or fake Accounts

Aymunz

It's not. But you said that there's nothing wrong with his spelling, which is not true. I get that you're trying to be supportive but it would be better if you be more honest, just saying. 

I personally don't care if he has bad spelling/grammar. Lascha2nd has the same issue and he's winner 2 times in a row. 

• Like 1
ArkianHue

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they, or he, was a troll account. I mean their accounts are like one day apart from each other 2/6 and 2/7.

Correct me If I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, Aymunz said:

It's not. But you said that there's nothing wrong with his spelling, which is not true. I get that you're trying to be supportive but it would be better if you be more honest, just saying. 

I personally don't care if he has bad spelling/grammar. Lascha2nd has the same issue and he's winner 2 times in a row. 

3 hours ago, Polski Oski said:

But you are defending that guy even tho we are right and then both of you act like trolls or fake Accounts

Edited by ArkianHue
I apparently can't make the difference between they're and their.
  • Like 2
Aymunz

Tbh I wouldn't be so sure they are fake accounts. Being created in a recent time isn't enough proof of that. They speak differently and act differently. They didn't vote for each other as you would expect from fake alts. So jumping to that conclusion seems a bit far fetched. 

• Like 1
Rathard
6 minutes ago, ArkianHue said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they, or he, was a troll account. I mean they're accounts are like one day apart from each other 2/6 and 2/7.

Correct me If I'm wrong.

Sadly I can't control when other people make their accounts 😐 

14 minutes ago, Rathard said:

Sadly I can't control when other people make their accounts 😐 

Primary reason is cos you chose his mission, which is no joke the worst in this contest instead of anyone else. That`s why. I get everyone can have their own opinions but jeez you cant be serious when you prefer THIS over the others. Even his review is bullsh*t, tells you so much about the rest.

• Like 3
Rathard
Just now, M316 said:

Primary reason is cos you chose his mission, which is no joke the worst in this contest instead of anyone else. That`s why. I get everyone can have their own opinions but jeez you cant be serious when you prefer THIS over the others. Even his review is bullsh*t, tells you so much about the rest.

What are you talking about lmao. You sh*t on asadaki for not making sense yet you make even less sense then him. I can't chose his mission because it's bad? That's literally opinion! That's your opinion that it's bad, mine is that it's good, that's why I voted for it. I described my reasons in the review. I have my reasons why I like it over the others. Can I not choose his mission? Why even put it on the list if no one can vote for it without being yelled at?

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

What are you talking about lmao. You sh*t on asadaki for not making sense yet you make even less sense then him. I can't chose his mission because it's bad? That's literally opinion! That's your opinion that it's bad, mine is that it's good, that's why I voted for it. I described my reasons in the review. I have my reasons why I like it over the others. Can I not choose his mission? Why even put it on the list if no one can vote for it without being yelled at?

Your opinion sounds like a troll. We all jokingly did like you, but for some reason you sounded serious and voted for him. Unless you are still sarcastic and you voted for him just to take the piss and there is a part we are missing, you sound sus and not reasonable enough in your response.

• Like 1
Aymunz
3 minutes ago, Rathard said:

It's alright you can have your opinion. But to other participants who took effort in making their missions expansive and immersive, you can see why picking his 4 objectives mission is kinda discrediting to their effort. I'm not asking you to change your vote, just be a bit more understanding of their perspective. 

I understand yours at least. 

Rathard
10 minutes ago, M316 said:

you sound sus

⠀⠀⠀⡯⡯⡾⠝⠘⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢊⠘⡮⣣⠪⠢⡑⡌
⠀⠀⠀⠟⠝⠈⠀⠀⠀⠡⠀⠠⢈⠠⢐⢠⢂⢔⣐⢄⡂⢔⠀⡁⢉⠸⢨⢑⠕⡌
⠀⠀⡀⠁⠀⠀⠀⡀⢂⠡⠈⡔⣕⢮⣳⢯⣿⣻⣟⣯⣯⢷⣫⣆⡂⠀⠀⢐⠑⡌
⢀⠠⠐⠈⠀⢀⢂⠢⡂⠕⡁⣝⢮⣳⢽⡽⣾⣻⣿⣯⡯⣟⣞⢾⢜⢆⠀⡀⠀⠪
⣬⠂⠀⠀⢀⢂⢪⠨⢂⠥⣺⡪⣗⢗⣽⢽⡯⣿⣽⣷⢿⡽⡾⡽⣝⢎⠀⠀⠀⢡
⣿⠀⠀⠀⢂⠢⢂⢥⢱⡹⣪⢞⡵⣻⡪⡯⡯⣟⡾⣿⣻⡽⣯⡻⣪⠧⠑⠀⠁⢐
⣿⠀⠀⠀⠢⢑⠠⠑⠕⡝⡎⡗⡝⡎⣞⢽⡹⣕⢯⢻⠹⡹⢚⠝⡷⡽⡨⠀⠀⢔
⣿⡯⠀⢈⠈⢄⠂⠂⠐⠀⠌⠠⢑⠱⡱⡱⡑⢔⠁⠀⡀⠐⠐⠐⡡⡹⣪⠀⠀⢘
⣿⣽⠀⡀⡊⠀⠐⠨⠈⡁⠂⢈⠠⡱⡽⣷⡑⠁⠠⠑⠀⢉⢇⣤⢘⣪⢽⠀⢌⢎
⣿⢾⠀⢌⠌⠀⡁⠢⠂⠐⡀⠀⢀⢳⢽⣽⡺⣨⢄⣑⢉⢃⢭⡲⣕⡭⣹⠠⢐⢗
⣿⡗⠀⠢⠡⡱⡸⣔⢵⢱⢸⠈⠀⡪⣳⣳⢹⢜⡵⣱⢱⡱⣳⡹⣵⣻⢔⢅⢬⡷
⣷⡇⡂⠡⡑⢕⢕⠕⡑⠡⢂⢊⢐⢕⡝⡮⡧⡳⣝⢴⡐⣁⠃⡫⡒⣕⢏⡮⣷⡟
⣷⣻⣅⠑⢌⠢⠁⢐⠠⠑⡐⠐⠌⡪⠮⡫⠪⡪⡪⣺⢸⠰⠡⠠⠐⢱⠨⡪⡪⡰
⣯⢷⣟⣇⡂⡂⡌⡀⠀⠁⡂⠅⠂⠀⡑⡄⢇⠇⢝⡨⡠⡁⢐⠠⢀⢪⡐⡜⡪⡊
⣿⢽⡾⢹⡄⠕⡅⢇⠂⠑⣴⡬⣬⣬⣆⢮⣦⣷⣵⣷⡗⢃⢮⠱⡸⢰⢱⢸⢨⢌
⣯⢯⣟⠸⣳⡅⠜⠔⡌⡐⠈⠻⠟⣿⢿⣿⣿⠿⡻⣃⠢⣱⡳⡱⡩⢢⠣⡃⠢⠁
⡯⣟⣞⡇⡿⣽⡪⡘⡰⠨⢐⢀⠢⢢⢄⢤⣰⠼⡾⢕⢕⡵⣝⠎⢌⢪⠪⡘⡌⠀
⡯⣳⠯⠚⢊⠡⡂⢂⠨⠊⠔⡑⠬⡸⣘⢬⢪⣪⡺⡼⣕⢯⢞⢕⢝⠎⢻⢼⣀⠀
⠁⡂⠔⡁⡢⠣⢀⠢⠀⠅⠱⡐⡱⡘⡔⡕⡕⣲⡹⣎⡮⡏⡑⢜⢼⡱⢩⣗⣯⣟
⢀⢂⢑⠀⡂⡃⠅⠊⢄⢑⠠⠑⢕⢕⢝⢮⢺⢕⢟⢮⢊⢢⢱⢄⠃⣇⣞⢞⣞⢾
⢀⠢⡑⡀⢂⢊⠠⠁⡂⡐⠀⠅⡈⠪⠪⠪⠣⠫⠑⡁⢔⠕⣜⣜⢦⡰⡎⡯⡾⡽

WHEN THE DYOM MISSION IS SUS 😳

Str33t

Here's my review:

Woozie's Death

Spoiler

Same old typical shootout in overused Big Smoke's crack palace, but I guess it was an ok mission overall.

The Death of Miss Johnson

Spoiler

I really enjoyed how you recreated so well "The Introduction", I didn't really like to see npc's dance on every cutscene though, but I can let that slide.

Harmer

Spoiler

Amazing and a very unique mission. I  enjoyed how the mission took me across the whole state. Taking advantage of the entire map is something DYOM'ers still seem to struggle with. I also adored the durability and challenge of the mission. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this cross-state genre. 

Operation Magma

Spoiler

Sweet artwork you got there. I really liked the dynamic the 3 protagonists had, and the whole plan to kill the target was pretty solid. Each protagonist had his own role, and I really like to see that gameplay mechanic in DYOM. 

Clear the Street

Spoiler

One of the best missions in here if you ask me, the creator of this mission was really on top of his game when he made this. The shootout was simply breathtaking and that ending, wow, just wow! Would never see that coming.

Kill CJ

Spoiler

Another cliché "Kill CJ" type of mission trying to live up to Asadiki's masterpiece. The soundtrack chosen for this mission really doesn't fit the whole gangbanging theme. The shootout outside and the whole planning that went thru it was alright but the shootout inside and the crappy minigun boss...ye nah I don't get down with that.

Final Showdown

Spoiler

Expected much more from this, to be honest. The mods completely broke the game, I could see the guns, the skins, and vehicles properly yeah but for some reason, my map was always disappearing, I could only see the enemies floating and shooting at me.
I simply played without those and only kept the SD, which btw, nice soundtrack!
The prop/object placement was good and the shootout was well balanced I'd say.
Unfortunately, this mission was just one medium-sized shootout with weird generic army language that you see in so much army dyom crap which completely makes the plot and the characters just non-memorable at all.

Military Precision

Spoiler

The definition of wasted potential here. The mission starts so f*cking well, with amazing cutscenes and such a well built war scenario in Fort Carson. But unfortunately, there are countless problems in it, which I assume were due to the rush, as the author of this mission has previously mentioned. The cops not being disabled, the multiple grammar errors, the army guy driving away without the player, etc.
Anyways, regardless of those all, I like how well executed the combat was, how the mission felt diversified and how it took you across all the war-torn Fort Carson, if this mission wasn't so rushed, it could've easily won!

Kill Karl Janson

Spoiler

This mission, managed to connect with me on a deeper level. Don't be fooled by the apparent simplicity of this mission, as it actually is the most complex entry this MOTW thread has to offer, filled with subliminal messages.
Despite the short duration of the mission,  it was still able to somehow showcase the various issues the black community had and still is going through. From only the first cutscene we can already take away lots of valuable information and hints that the author clearly left there for us fellow DYOM enthusiasts to investigate and to further help us reach our own conclusions on the topic. Unfortunately, lots of people here are narrow-minded bigoted ignorants, that would rather seek dopamine on ludicrous awful cliché "kill-kill" ultra manly alpha misogynistic crap, instead of enjoying an amazing work of art that intends to take you on a trip to explore the culture of a minority that, to this day, still, unfortunately, suffers.
Anyways, back to the matter at hand, the mission starts like any other, Tarnell visits KJ aka Karl Janson, a black male somewhere in his 20's, who proceeds to try to befriend Tarnell, and then points out that he is unaware of how to change his clothing, and shortly after, an elderly woman, out of nowhere, shoots KJ at point-blank, and we're left wondering, what just happened?
The typical DYOM player would just get confused and move on, but an intellectual would look further into it, and so I did.
It's quite simple really, this mission makes several points, which I shall address now one by one, from my personal point of view.
The elderly woman is none other, than Beverly Janson, the mother of Karl Janson. But, where is the father? And why does KJ's mom shoots him just as he's expressing to Tarnell that he cannot change his garments? As confusing as it may seem, it all comes down to one thing: the lack of a father figure, a common issue in the black community.
Without a dad, KJ's mom struggled to raise Karl Janson, which was especially harder with a crack epidemic in her poor neighborhood.
The absence of his father affected Karl a lot, to the point he was unable to do anything by himself, he dropped out of school and never truly understood how to do basic things like changing his clothes. KJ's mom tried at first to (poorly) help him, but in the end, she stopped giving a f*ck and started smoking crack to cope with the whole situation she was into.
So basically, Karl's mom shooting at KJ is a metaphor, the shotgun she holds technically represent the inaction on her part to raise Karl Janson properly, which will ultimately lead him to a miserable life, a life where he can't become a normal member of society, a life where he'll affiliate himself with gangs and ultimately, die.
Allowing the mission to play as normal (ignoring the problem) will lead to KJ's eventual death, to the failure/death of the modern-day black male. That's why when KJ dies, we get hit with "Mission Failed" because it means we (Tarnell) failed as a community to stop this problem that has been haunting the black people for decades.
But if we don't let the mission play as normal, and we simply decide to skip the cutscene (take action) and then stop KJ's mom before it's too late, we'll be saving Karl Janson, which will then lead to a well earned "Mission Completed"!
Killing KJ's mom is just another metaphor to: address the inaction on the mother figures part. Bringing awareness to this topic and help those lonely mothers to support and raise their children, so that they can become excellent members of society and not just some thugs. So basically, killing the old unsupportive mother, so that the responsible mother can shine.
This mission managed to successfully show us those issues as they are,  something that Hollywood and the Media still have a somewhat hard time doing it.
As a black male, I feel represented. Thank you Asadiki, for your excellent contribution to the DYOM and Black community.

My vote goes to:

Spoiler

Kill Karl Janson

• Like 1
Robert17

How was asadiki's short mission better than mine? Also how was the soundtrack not fitting for the whole part?

What about the cutscenes in my mission? You haven't spoke a word about them.

I don't understand your feedback at all. In MOTW it's all about sharing your DYOM skills, and make a mission that fits the current theme. I DON'T think the mission was fitting with "Assassination" theme at all. And it was poorly made, with only a few cutscenes.

I think you're taking this mission to a way too much deeper level, how does a mission that is lacking in narrative representing society? Are you on drugs?

@Str33t

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robert17 said:

How was asadiki's short mission better than mine? Also how was the soundtrack not fitting for the whole part?

What about the cutscenes in my mission? You haven't spoke a word about them.

I don't understand your feedback at all. In MOTW it's all about sharing your DYOM skills, and make a mission that fits the current theme. I DON'T think the mission was fitting with "Assassination" theme at all. And it was poorly made, with only a few cutscenes.

I think you're taking this mission to a way too much deeper level, how does a mission that is lacking in narrative representing society? Are you on drugs?

@Str33t

Asadiki promised him a dildo for valentine`s day that`s y he voted and probably got an erection out of that

Rathard
6 minutes ago, M316 said:

Asadiki promised him a dildo for valentine`s day that`s y he voted and probably got an erection out of that

You keep saying that people are trolls yet you seem like the only troll here. So far you only insulted people. You just seem jealous that your mission isn't winning currently. I just posted my review and said who I vote for and you guys couldnt handle it. Why?

5 minutes ago, Rathard said:

You keep saying that people are trolls yet you seem like the only troll here. So far you only insulted people. You just seem jealous that your mission isn't winning currently. I just posted my review and said who I vote for and you guys couldnt handle it. Why?

Not bummed that my mission didnt win even though me and others worked harder than this dude. It is cos u guys r trolls it began to appear. U guys r probably in a discord group chatting how u r gonna troll us and ruin MOTW with poor choices, At his point this retard sh*t. And everyone agrees with it wont have to be here on the forums but the server entirely supports this. U think i am a troll cos i am the only one speaking for the rest and i am bit aggressive i admit but tbh just cos this is BS.

Edited by M316
Rathard
15 minutes ago, M316 said:

Not bummed that my mission didnt win even though me and others worked harder than this dude. It is cos u guys r trolls it began to appear. U guys r probably in a discord group chatting how u r gonna troll us and ruin MOTW with poor choices, At his point this retard sh*t. And everyone agrees with it wont have to be here on the forums but the server entirely supports this. U think i am a troll cos i am the only one speaking for the rest and i am bit aggressive i admit but tbh just cos this is BS.

Holy sh*t what are you even talking about at this point. I have been creating dyom missions for a few years for fun and i decided to create an account to participate for the first time for fun. i dont know anybody here, I just played all the missions like it said before voting and I decided that asadiki's mission was the best one so I voted for it and wrote a review. thats all i did and suddendly i am friends with these random crackheads and i am plotting a total takeover or some sh*t. leave me alone dude i am not the reason why your mission isnt winning. My mission also isnt winning and i am not crying, i just wanted to see how it is to participate in these contests or whatever

Robert17
5 minutes ago, Rathard said:

Holy sh*t what are you even talking about at this point. I have been creating dyom missions for a few years for fun and i decided to create an account to participate for the first time for fun. i dont know anybody here, I just played all the missions like it said before voting and I decided that asadiki's mission was the best one so I voted for it and wrote a review. thats all i did and suddendly i am friends with these random crackheads and i am plotting a total takeover or some sh*t. leave me alone dude i am not the reason why your mission isnt winning. My mission also isnt winning and i am not crying, i just wanted to see how it is to participate in these contests or whatever

Are you seriously voting a mission with few objectives over others that have been put actual good effort?

How does this mission have a "deeper meaning"? It lacks any narration. You both are seriously on drugs.

Edited by Robert17
7 minutes ago, Rathard said:

Love how u purposely ignored where i said "Not bummed that my mission didnt win even though me and others worked harder than this dude "

Also you dont have to be like what 3 years into this DYOM so we can buy the fact that u might not be a troll. A troll can be anyone and sure as hell aint me cos the majority of the community agrees with me.

Also @Rathard, ur DYOM account also was made the same day as ur forum`s one. Now who is the dumbass troll now u f*cking liar?

Edited by M316
  • Like 1
Robert17

And also, the theme is "Assassination" (and asadiki's mission doesn't respect the requirement).

The theme is not about the current lifestyle in the current society we're living whatsoever.

Rathard
5 minutes ago, M316 said:

Love how u purposely ignored where i said "Not bummed that my mission didnt win even though me and others worked harder than this dude "

Also you dont have to be like what 3 years into this DYOM so we can buy the fact that u might not be a troll. A troll can be anyone and sure as hell aint me cos the majority of the community agrees with me.

Also @Rathard, ur DYOM account also was made the same day as ur forum`s one. Now who is the dumbass troll now u f*cking liar?

I said I have been creating DYOM missions for fun. I didn't post them anywhere, they were mostly for friends and inside jokes. I created the account the same day as my forum account so I could post the mission for this contest. I just found out that there was some contest for weekly missions so I signed up and posted my mission and sh*t to see how this "community" was. I see I made a big mistake even going here

2 minutes ago, Robert17 said:

And also, the theme is "Assassination" (and asadiki's mission doesn't respect the requirement).

The theme is not about the current lifestyle in the current society we're living whatsoever.

what? I never said anything about current society or lifestyle. Read my review again

1 minute ago, Rathard said:

I said I have been creating DYOM missions for fun. I didn't post them anywhere, they were mostly for friends and inside jokes. I created the account the same day as my forum account so I could post the mission for this contest. I just found out that there was some contest for weekly missions so I signed up and posted my mission and sh*t to see how this "community" was. I see I made a big mistake even going here

Yeah i can tell from ur mission alone that u have sh*t mission taste. Sorry not so sorry that i said that. At this point either u r 11 or u r a troll.

No offence to 11 year olds btw it is just some of them r unjustifiably retards.

Rathard
7 minutes ago, M316 said:

Yeah i can tell from ur mission alone that u have sh*t mission taste. Sorry not so sorry that i said that. At this point either u r 11 or u r a troll.

No offence to 11 year olds btw it is just some of them r unjustifiably retards.

You are an obvious troll. You have no real arguments. If I am 11 you are 8.

Robert17
10 minutes ago, Rathard said:

what? I never said anything about current society or lifestyle. Read my review again

You still don't get this mission doesn't meet the requirements for "Assassination" theme?

Rathard
2 minutes ago, Robert17 said:

You still don't get this mission doesn't meet the requirements for "Assassination" theme?

It does? You assassinate somebody in the mission. If it doesn't then it's not my problem, tell that to the guy who made the mission or call somebody who can decide if it does or doesn't. From my view it does meet the requirements but you seem not to agree and I can't do anything about that, i  didn't make the mission lol