• Stardust101 - Woozie's Death
    • Axoez - The Death of Miss Johnson
    • M316 - Operation Magma
    • Abdo - Clear the street
    • Robert17 - Kill CJ
    • Polski Oski - Final Showdown
    • lascha2nd - Military Precision

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/13/2021 at 08:00 AM

ArkianHue
43 minutes ago, Axoez said:

Nope, perfectly legal.

Who knows? It's not voting time yet, we gotta wait for voting time and the one with most votes wins, it's not going to be me winning though (un)fortunately...

Yeah, me too. When I saw Polski Oski's mission I was like 'Cancel your mission, boy!' So I canceled it.

That army man is gonna win, take it from me.

Polski Oski
13 minutes ago, ArkianHue said:

Yeah, me too. When I saw Polski Oski's mission I was like 'Cancel your mission, boy!' So I canceled it.

If lascha joins too, we will have interesting competition here. We will see tomorrow. But I will say - don't give up on that. Who knows, maybe I won't win 

• Like 1
Rathard
2 hours ago, asadiki said:

no no no no

robot17 is better best mission

my mission is bad :(

Don't knock yourself down, my friend. The voting hasn't even begun! Have faith in victory.

• Like 3
Robert17
6 hours ago, ArkianHue said:

You should put faith in yourself, even I don't think I'm gonna win.

MOTW is not just a contest, but also a place to learn to become a better designer. That's why you should give it a try. 👍

• Like 2
asadiki

thank rathard!!! I played all missons and all very coool kill and epic and just like film. And my missione short and it fail. And good luck

• Like 1
lascha2nd
10 hours ago, Polski Oski said:

If lascha joins too, we will have interesting competition here. We will see tomorrow. But I will say - don't give up on that. Who knows, maybe I won't win 

Maybe but my mission might be kinda low quality at this moment but I'll try my best make it better and send ASAP

• Like 3
Rathard

Can I vote without writing a review about the mission I am voting for?

Or do I have to first write a review and then vote?

Polski Oski
Just now, Rathard said:

Yes, you can 

1 minute ago, Rathard said:

Or do I have to first write a review and then vote?

But make sure you played ALL missions. That's the rules. 

Rathard

In the poll, one mission is missing, asadiki's kill karl janson. It is in the mission list but not in the poll, why?

lascha2nd
Just now, Rathard said:

In the poll, one mission is missing, asadiki's kill karl janson. It is in the mission list but not in the poll, why?

oh ok i forgot

Rathard

Woozie's Death - Solid mission I'd say, kind of generic, generic guys, generic end goal, dialogue is all over the place, but in the end its quite solid.

The Death of Miss Johnson - Interesting story, nice inspiration. I had fun with this one.

Operation Magma - Some thought and work was put in to this one. I like the artwork. The missions location and ideas it does are also quite unique, at least to me.

Clear the street - This is one of the better one in this competition I'd say. Gameplay is solid, so is the dialogue. Simple concept but great execution.

Kill CJ - Interesting character names and dialogue overall. The final boss isn't very good. The technical side is good but the actual gameplay side is heavily lacking.

Final Showdown - This mission is no good. Needing to download custom skins to fully enjoy it seems a bit f*cked up. When I downloaded them they broke my game so I had to play it without them. The dialogue also didn't work because all the dialogue files are 0kb .noa files. If only the mission worked as supposed to it would be quite good I'd say. But even with that it just doesn't cut it for me. The gameplay can be a bit shoddy at times. Dialogue is also quite a strange choice.

Military Precision - You are right my friend, this misssion is indeed quite rushed. It definitely feels like it. I wouldn't say that makes it  bad, its quite solid at parts. Not much eelse to say.

kill karl Janson - When I first played this, I didn't know what to think. I was quite confused and perplexed. I kept failing. I thought it was the mission's fault. But I realized it was my fault. I was the one not understanding the deeper meaning, the deeper complex game mechanics. To play this mission, you must think outside the box. Not inside, but outside. To win you must skip the cutscenes to kill the heinous granny. The mission is titled kill karl janson but you are the one saving said karl janson from death. It's 4D chess if you ask me. I think that's what makes it good and better than the others. I am not being sarcastic , I have genuienly enjoyed this mission more than the others. It made me wonder and ponder, and the gameplay was also quite solid. The dialogue may be a bit rough but that is no reason to judge it, the gameplay is what matters. And hot damn, is the gameplay good. Fast paced action, that's what I like. That is why this mission is getting my vote.

• Like 3
Polski Oski
7 minutes ago, Rathard said:

Woozie's Death - Solid mission I'd say, kind of generic, generic guys, generic end goal, dialogue is all over the place, but in the end its quite solid.

The Death of Miss Johnson - Interesting story, nice inspiration. I had fun with this one.

Operation Magma - Some thought and work was put in to this one. I like the artwork. The missions location and ideas it does are also quite unique, at least to me.

Clear the street - This is one of the better one in this competition I'd say. Gameplay is solid, so is the dialogue. Simple concept but great execution.

Kill CJ - Interesting character names and dialogue overall. The final boss isn't very good. The technical side is good but the actual gameplay side is heavily lacking.

Final Showdown - This mission is no good. Needing to download custom skins to fully enjoy it seems a bit f*cked up. When I downloaded them they broke my game so I had to play it without them. The dialogue also didn't work because all the dialogue files are 0kb .noa files. If only the mission worked as supposed to it would be quite good I'd say. But even with that it just doesn't cut it for me. The gameplay can be a bit shoddy at times. Dialogue is also quite a strange choice.

Military Precision - You are right my friend, this misssion is indeed quite rushed. It definitely feels like it. I wouldn't say that makes it  bad, its quite solid at parts. Not much eelse to say.

kill karl Janson - When I first played this, I didn't know what to think. I was quite confused and perplexed. I kept failing. I thought it was the mission's fault. But I realized it was my fault. I was the one not understanding the deeper meaning, the deeper complex game mechanics. To play this mission, you must think outside the box. Not inside, but outside. To win you must skip the cutscenes to kill the heinous granny. The mission is titled kill karl janson but you are the one saving said karl janson from death. It's 4D chess if you ask me. I think that's what makes it good and better than the others. I am not being sarcastic , I have genuienly enjoyed this mission more than the others. It made me wonder and ponder, and the gameplay was also quite solid. The dialogue may be a bit rough but that is no reason to judge it, the gameplay is what matters. And hot damn, is the gameplay good. Fast paced action, that's what I like. That is why this mission is getting my vote.

There were no audio files for quotes, man. Also no one orders you to download skins. It's an addon. You don't want them, you don't need them. 

Rathard
2 minutes ago, Polski Oski said:

There were no audio files for quotes, man. Also no one orders you to download skins. It's an addon. You don't want them, you don't need them. 

I know, I played without them and based my opinion on the vanilla experience. The core gameplay.

Polski Oski
Just now, Rathard said:

I know, I played without them and based my opinion on the vanilla experience. The core gameplay.

And SDs? .noa are to make .am Audio to start playing later. These are no actual audio files but Script which stops ambient audio 

Rathard
3 minutes ago, Polski Oski said:

And SDs? .noa are to make .am Audio to start playing later. These are no actual audio files but Script which stops ambient audio 

Nice to know, thank you! Doesn't change anything about my review or opinion, just a nice little tidbit you decided to share with me.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rathard said:

I like the artwork

Give a little bit of credit to me for that
797294580831092746.png?v=1

Well.... it is that time of the week again, where ur blood boils as u lose again and again lol XD. Anyway here are my reviews, sorry not sorry for me being a bit critical on this one lol:

@Stardust101: Not bad, pretty straightforward, but it is kinda like most medicore missions these days. But again this can do the job and you did pretty good for a starter. 4/10

@Axoez: Your kill CJ mom may sound like a generic misssion number 69 on the web but the execution wasnt. For example the camera angles were "unique" to say the least, they CAN be an ass but this is something new and i commend you for it; what i also commend you is the killing sequence, was pretty smart instead of spawning an actor and pretending its CJ`s mom since she got killed inside the house from the outside. Not bad of an effort after all. 5.5/10

@Rathard: Soooo, you are new here right? That alone explains the mission. The plot is confusing af and painful to go through as you travel across the WHOLE f*ckING STATE for this one. One thing that wasnt bad was your usage of cutscenes; not bad for a beginner. 3.4/10

@asadiki: Nuff said best mission in for this year so far,  loved the meaning behind CJ`s existence, what is there that can be said (-)10/10

@abdo: Same as Stardust but a bit worst and anti-climactic. IK the rules were it doesnt have to succeed but i digress. 3.7/10

@Robert17: Well (sigh) ik that you have rushed this and for that i MAY redeem you a bit but again it is Kill CJ lol. The execution actually ,as expected, wasnt bad, quite frankly it may have a place at the top of the others Kill CJs, for example i liked some small details like some animations executions and beginning cutscenes. But unfortunately for the plot, not the first for me. 4.8/10 May sound hypocritical since i said you may be at the top but lets be honest Kill CJ was never a God like mission type from creative standpoint. Also the final boss was too OPed like it is very hard to kill without some tactic and mostly luck.

@Polski Oski: Now here are the goodies. Loved it even though i was a bit bummed cos i know this will win XD. But jokes aside loved the skins and the plot and NO the skins aint the main thing that sold me. I aint a cosmetics guy and that`s how it should be at DYOM. Dont always go for the fancier looks. If this was a sh*t mission and had good looking skins and soundtracks it wont have sold me but you managed to balance it well enough. Glad you took yout time and the deadline was delayed for you. 8.5/10

@lascha2nd: It is obvious that you didnt have much time for this and had alot of bugs while making the mission. If i had to describe this mission i would probably say it is a food extracted from an oven prematurely. What i mean it is still fresh and not cooked enough. The story is there and the objects placements & camer angles are perfect but there was some bugs like my character didnt even get in the jeep. Also the ending sucked a bit and was left way too early but i cant blame you, its DYOM`s limitations fault even i experienced that but it left so many questions and tbh i feel like not good enough for an open ending sort of story, but yeah it was good for the most part. Also idk if you did purposely but the characters` names of choice is kinda hilarious and ironic XD. 7.5/10

Now alot of people might not like this and think i am an asshole or something, but tbh any missions below the top 2 best rated ones arent bad, some had good elements from unique designers. It is just they still have some room for improvements and i aint talkng like i am a GOD AT MISSION MAKING otherwise i wont be bummed from Polski lol XD, the fact is i still have room to improve myself i am just stating what i saw and no i dont claim my view like an absolute FACT like some others do which is a bit egotistical IMO. Feel free to disagree with me respectfully and dont be bias and hate my mission just cos i didnt like yours that much. Anyway cheers everyone, also it is obvious who i am voting for lol.

Edited by M316
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, M316 said:

dont be bias and hate my mission just cos i didnt like yours that much

797294580831092746.png?v=1 Reee your mission so poop you no like my mission? facker you blet

• Bruh 2
Robert17

You could've made a spoiler for each mission like we do so we don't have to see a bunch of text in our screen.

asadiki

Axoez - camera is broken. Bad maision

Rathad - very good mission and just like films but drive and drive aloooot. 

M361 - talk and talk bla bla bla and jump from tree and died. Very bad. 

Rebort 117 - very kill mission action and fun. Just like war. But cj has big gun but kill me fast. I love cj!!! Best misson

and snipe

• Like 2
  • KEKW 2
  • excuseme 1
Polski Oski
16 minutes ago, asadiki said:

Rebort 117 - very kill mission action and fun. Just like war. But cj has big gun but kill me fast. I love cj!!! Best misson

and snipe

You were supposed to play all missions and talked about only 4. 

• Like 1
Robert17
19 minutes ago, asadiki said:

and snipe

Really undetailed feedback, also fix your bad spelling lol

• Like 1
Rathard
41 minutes ago, asadiki said:

and snipe

Thank you for the feedback my friend! Yes I know, my mission can be exhausting, I will be sure to improve it next time. You provided enough detail for anybody to pick up on and fix their problems. Your spelling, I don't see any mistakes in your spelling.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, asadiki said:

and snipe

I mean if u read the disclaimer in the page u won't have died, also wtf is this review,  doesn't make sense, but u do u lol

• Like 1
Polski Oski
14 minutes ago, Rathard said:

Thank you for the feedback my friend! Yes I know, my mission can be exhausting, I will be sure to improve it next time. You provided enough detail for anybody to pick up on and fix their problems. Your spelling, I don't see any mistakes in your spelling.

And I see a lot spelling mistakes. I wouldn't Count it as Feedback. He just talked about 4 missions, when he's supposed to play All of them and don't really give any advices in this "review". 

• Like 2
Aymunz
25 minutes ago, Rathard said:

You provided enough detail for anybody to pick up on and fix their problems. Your spelling, I don't see any mistakes in your spelling.

This has to be some kind of satire. He basically provided one liners for reviews. And he has plenty of spelling mistakes. 

It's not bad to have some humor but right now you're new and you look like a troll/fake account. 

• Like 2