1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is there a way to save a new Cayo Perico heist without having to complete the gather intel mission?

I have a habit of trying to squeeze Cayo Perico runs whenever I only have a limited time to play. I like to complete the finale but I also want to get the hard mode bonuses. One thing I noticed is that if you leave during the cooldown, you don't get hard mode the next time you come back, regardless of how quick you are.

The last time I tried, I started a new Cayo Perico heist and left immediately afterwards. When I got back, the heist was not started and I didn't get hard mode. I always felt like I had to complete the gather intel mission to get it to save but that mission takes so long with flying the Velum all the way across the map. Sometimes I just don't have the time to complete the mission even if I know the fastest ways in and out of the tower.

Does anyone know how to get my heist to save without having to do the intel mission? Thanks. 

If you already paid the 25000 setup cost it should save without doing the gather intel setup, I've done it.

Edited by ZenderAlpha
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, Giantsgiants said:

I have a habit of trying to squeeze Cayo Perico runs whenever I only have a limited time to play. I like to complete the finale but I also want to get the hard mode bonuses. One thing I noticed is that if you leave during the cooldown, you don't get hard mode the next time you come back, regardless of how quick you are.

The last time I tried, I started a new Cayo Perico heist and left immediately afterwards. When I got back, the heist was not started and I didn't get hard mode. I always felt like I had to complete the gather intel mission to get it to save but that mission takes so long with flying the Velum all the way across the map. Sometimes I just don't have the time to complete the mission even if I know the fastest ways in and out of the tower.

Does anyone know how to get my heist to save without having to do the intel mission? Thanks. 

This is what I do...

Complete the heist, call in my personal vehicle and drive around for a while. Pavel will send you a text saying he will tell you when the heist can be run again... continue to drive around. A notification will appear telling me to return to the planning board to set up the heist, at which point I return to Kosatka and setup the heist, hard mode will be activated, then I leave online. I don't do Gather Intel until next time I go online.

If I don't do all that before I leave, hard mode will not be available next time I play, even though next time I play I will get a notification telling me to set up the heist and it will be in hard mode.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 2
Cash 4 Clickbait
57 minutes ago, Giantsgiants said:

If you invest the 25k, that's it bought forever until you beat the finale. You don't need to launch Gather Intel immediately.

I've noticed that with this heist specifically, sometimes things tend not to save. I've done preps that didn't save for it; a friend of mine did multiple preps in one session and had to redo all of them later. I haven't experienced this with the setup fee/hard mode activation, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens with that too.

So my advice is an age-old GTA pro tip: change your outfit after you pay the fee, and make sure you see a spinning orange circle on the lower right before you leave online. This is good practice in general to force a save of all your progress, whatever it may include. I always wear one of my various saved outfits, and always simply re-select it from the Interaction Menu, prior to leaving back to single player.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

What people have said.

Once Pavel sends you the message to go back to the Sub you have forty-eight REAL WORLD minutes to trigger the Heist at the planning board which will put the Heist in Hard Mode. The timer goes down regardless of if you are Online or not. Just complete the Heist and wait about ten or fifteen minutes then go back and start the Heist then leave the game.

I also don't see the issue with flying the Velum that people on here seem to have. It takes about five minutes to fly across the map, if you have an issue where five minutes seems too long then I feel bad for you.

11 hours ago, Giantsgiants said:

No need to start Gather Intel. Just stay in the same session and make sure the game saves.

Did you stay in the same session between completing your first heist and paying to start the next? Switching sessions can reset it to normal. Also, make sure the game actually saves after you pay to set up the heist. Don't just pay the 25k and then exit the game. Leave the Kosatka, change your outfit, deposit some money, anything that forces the game to save.

Also, don't start the finale from a public session. It is always possible to get booted to single player when joining the next public session, and if that happens, you probably get reset to normal mode as well.

Edited by AirWolf359
1 hour ago, RyuNova said:

I also don't see the issue with flying the Velum that people on here seem to have. It takes about five minutes to fly across the map, if you have an issue where five minutes seems too long then I feel bad for you.

I get in the plane, take off, switch to the cinematic camera and enjoy the ride across the map. If you do the mission at sunrise or sunset, it's an enjoyable flight.

• Like 2

Yer love the cinematic descent into a mountain because it can't obey like the first rule of being an aeroplane 

Also - and this is the least of its f*cking problems - the pilot's door on mine are always open, unless I kick it off.

Edited by Gridl0k
30 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

I get in the plane, take off, switch to the cinematic camera and enjoy the ride across the map. If you do the mission at sunrise or sunset, it's an enjoyable flight.

I just fly up a decent way, aim towards the airport and go on my phone looking up now and again.

HopalongCasidy
15 hours ago, Giantsgiants said:

No.  I have even had it not record a gather intel mission.  Like I remember doing it, because I was stoked that there were guard uniforms, truck and 2x cocaine in the small shed at the airport + pink diamond +cutting powder. Thought I could get PB time on velum.

Finished it, logged back in the next day. Gather intel.  No preps available.  

This last time I made sure to change clothes after the mission, will report back if it saved.  

Nefarious_Poundcake
3 hours ago, HopalongCasidy said:

This last time I made sure to change clothes after the mission, will report back if it saved. 

For what it’s worth this has been my go to now before I log off. I had a personal vehicle sale not save and a nightclub sale in the same session after just logging off as normal. Support said to leave the game on a little while after the sale. So now I “force save” it by changing outfits every time before I log off. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2