3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

New way to rob Saint Denis Gunsmith gambling den

zPhoenix

Every guide says to get into the gunsmith and aim your gun at the gunsmith to threaten him into opening the back door.  But it seems that something changed since once I enter the gunsmith I can no longer aim at him except to shoot him in a duel like scenario.  Otherwise he just ignores me.  I even tried to shoot him in the foot but then I have to kill or knock him out and the door cannot be opened.

I also tried to find ways to jump into the back area but I could not find a way.

So, how are we supposed to do this robbery now?

7 minutes ago, zPhoenix said:

Every guide says to get into the gunsmith and aim your gun at the gunsmith to threaten him into opening the back door.  But it seems that something changed since once I enter the gunsmith I can no longer aim at him except to shoot him in a duel like scenario.  Otherwise he just ignores me.  I even tried to shoot him in the foot but then I have to kill or knock him out and the door cannot be opened.

I also tried to find ways to jump into the back area but I could not find a way.

So, how are we supposed to do this robbery now?

you need get a robbery tip from random events. Because arthur doesnt know about that gambling den

Edited by GroveStGTAV
6 minutes ago, GroveStGTAV said:

you need get a robbery tip from random events. Because arthur doesnt know about that gambling den

I got the tip from a drunk near the barn, that is how I got here.  I can also knock at the back door and they tell me "by invitation only", as the guides indicate. 

It is the next step... "to aim a gun at the shop owner" that doesn't work.  I am literally prevented from aiming a gun to him.  Tab does not allow weapons.  Right click has "aim at shop owner" but if I do the bar starts filling up as when I'm in a duel instead of a regular threaten.

In case it is relevant... I am in Chapter 3, with almost no chapter 3 missions done.

Edited by zPhoenix
54 minutes ago, zPhoenix said:

I got the tip from a drunk near the barn, that is how I got here.  I can also knock at the back door and they tell me "by invitation only", as the guides indicate. 

It is the next step... "to aim a gun at the shop owner" that doesn't work.  I am literally prevented from aiming a gun to him.  Tab does not allow weapons.  Right click has "aim at shop owner" but if I do the bar starts filling up as when I'm in a duel instead of a regular threaten.

In case it is relevant... I am in Chapter 3, with almost no chapter 3 missions done.

aim at shop owner then press d pad up to ask him to open hidden door. Normally, if you press aim button slowly, you'll enter dead eye duel mode. Try to press aim button fast

Edited by GroveStGTAV
1 hour ago, GroveStGTAV said:

aim at shop owner then press d pad up to ask him to open hidden door. Normally, if you press aim button slowly, you'll enter dead eye duel mode. Try to press aim button fast

I am on PC and not using a controller.  I will try to do fast clicks for Tab and right click / aim, and see if there are any other options being given.  Hopefully one of those will work.

Not so long ago I was also struggling with this one. Of course, I did get a tip off about that gambling den. I found out that at first you need to get close to that rear exit, then the gunsmith will tell you to get away. Then you aim at him and ask about what's his secret.

Doing a fast mouse click instead of a slow mouse click was the answer.  Completely counter-intuitive but I guess it is par for the course.

• 3 weeks later...
Montana Actual

On my fourth playthrough and I'm pretty sure I've made it out once without getting wanted, but only because I didn't linger or hurt anyone. I think. Maybe I've been wanted every time. Anyone ever get NOT wanted on this?

41 minutes ago, Montana Actual said:

On my fourth playthrough and I'm pretty sure I've made it out once without getting wanted, but only because I didn't linger or hurt anyone. I think. Maybe I've been wanted every time. Anyone ever get NOT wanted on this?

I managed it last time I did it. Same as you. I didn't linger. Grabbed the money and ran.

10 hours ago, Montana Actual said:

I did, after a couple tries.

A couple things I did (maybe not all of them are needed, but it is what worked for me):

• Hogtied the guard as soon as the shop owner moved and said I was there.  No shots fired.
  • Hogtied the shop owner right after that.
  • Moved both of them so that they cannot be seen from the patio.  I *think* I moved them up the stairs by one floor.
  • After doing the bit of threatening the people in the gambling den, I immediately hogtied them all, so that none could escape.
  • I think that with those steps I was able to take my time in the den, picking up everything.
  • At the time of leaving I avoided the normal exits, instead I navigated a little bit away through the roofs... got on my horse and immediately changed clothes.