1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

How many uniforms or grappling hooks do I need to find?

Still haven't had a chance to test this in a run, so I'm hoping someone here already knows the answer. I have run this heist many times solo, and obviously for that, if I want to put on a uniform or use a grappling hook, I only need one location for each. But I've noticed that when I take a uniform, the box is still there and still visibly has clothes in it, as well as a map icon (not sure about the grappling gear, I've only done that once). So--if I run the heist with friends and there are two, three, or four of us, how many of either of these would I need to know where they are in order to use them?

My initial impression was that you needed one scoped out per player, which would mean they were scattered all over the island and basically pointless to me. But if we can all load up in one spot, that's a whole different ballgame, and we would use them more.

Edited by Nutduster

You only want to have one instance of these things to succeed even in full team. Once anyone picks up grappling hook, everyone else can use it. Clothes can be taken by all the crew members from the same box.

You only need to search for more than one if you want them to be in a more suitable location.

• Like 6

Beautiful! Thanks for confirming. This really makes them far more useful--wonder why Rockstar didn't make that a little clearer during the scope-out mission.

The fact that you can find up to 4 of each of them (though I never have) and have to find them all to have the point of interest marked as completed in the planning screen makes me think that they changed the design somewhere along the way. But the way it apparently actually is, is far easier to deal with.

Edited by Nutduster

Everyone needs to manually change into a uniform at the crate. Its not like the Grappling Hook that everyone magically gets if one person picks it up.

If one person changes into the Uniform they will, as long as they are not near other un-uniformed players, will be in disguise. If you drive with someone not in Uniform the entire group will be spotted.

6 hours ago, TomilovSenya said:

You only want to have one instance of these things to succeed even in full team. Once anyone picks up grappling hook, everyone else can use it. Clothes can be taken by all the crew members from the same box.

You only need to search for more than one if you want them to be in a more suitable location.

Good to know, my guess was 2 uniforms per crate. There is only green and red outfit I suppose?

I believe there is an issue if players equip uniforms from different locations. So rare I doubt anyone can even confirm my suspicion. 😛

I.e. If the host has scouted multiple locations for the uniform. Make sure all players change from 1 singular location. 

Now this isn't a common problem but you won't be happy if you alert the guards around the compound when you THINK everyone has a uniform but 1 person didnt use the same crate as the host.

Good luck 👍

16 hours ago, Nutduster said:

The fact that you can find up to 4 of each of them (though I never have) and have to find them all to have the point of interest marked as completed in the planning screen makes me think that they changed the design somewhere along the way. But the way it apparently actually is, is far easier to deal with.

I think it's intentional because the same applies to secondary loot. Each category is only checked as complete once you found all locations of that particular loot. Of course you never actually need all of it, just as with the items. But since each item has 16 locations, it's good that 4 will be placed because imagine for example if the only grappling hook to be found was the one at the lighthouse.