2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Which horse is best for Chelonian mission?

dgg999

I have a horse that was just given to me as part of playing the game. It seems to always run out of stamina just before the train tracks. Where can I get a horse that has sufficient stamina, just a little bit more, and the best way for making enough money to buy it?

The007connoisseur
4 hours ago, dgg999 said:

I have a horse that was just given to me as part of playing the game. It seems to always run out of stamina just before the train tracks. Where can I get a horse that has sufficient stamina, just a little bit more, and the best way for making enough money to buy it?

I would recommend you get the white Arabian, you can find it in the north part of the map (google it for the exact location) then you can tame it, so it’s free and is one of the best horses in terms of stats in game, so you have nothing to worry about. Also stock up on some stamina tonics as well.

I own the Arabian, Turkoman and Missouri Foxtrotter (the top 3 horses) in Online.    When I had some trouble getting one of them early in Story mode (I didn't try for the Arabian because of how skittyish it is) I was advised to get a Mustang, which you can get in the fields of New Hanover.  

"Compromising" into a Mustang was the best thing that could happen to me, as it is an extremely stable horse with more than enough stamina for most uses.  It even goes mostly unfazed when attacked by wolves or other predators. 

I expect to get the other horses eventually but chances are that I will continue to use the Mustang throughout my whole playthrough.  Yes, it is that good.  I absolutely love it.

GinsengElixir
4 hours ago, zPhoenix said:

I own the Arabian, Turkoman and Missouri Foxtrotter (the top 3 horses) in Online.    When I had some trouble getting one of them early in Story mode (I didn't try for the Arabian because of how skittyish it is) I was advised to get a Mustang, which you can get in the fields of New Hanover.  

"Compromising" into a Mustang was the best thing that could happen to me, as it is an extremely stable horse with more than enough stamina for most uses.  It even goes mostly unfazed when attacked by wolves or other predators. 

I expect to get the other horses eventually but chances are that I will continue to use the Mustang throughout my whole playthrough.  Yes, it is that good.  I absolutely love it.

Where's the best place to get the Mustang early on?

11 minutes ago, GinsengElixir said:

Where's the best place to get the Mustang early on?

I found mine (a grey/silver Mustang) on the hills on the other side of the tracks from the Chapter 2 camp. 

Use your binocs to identify the various horses in that general area.  They are kind of rare but you will find one between camp and Emerald Ranch soon enough.  Tame it (make sure to view a youtube tutorial on how to tame horses first) and enjoy.

Edited by zPhoenix
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 9:38 PM, dgg999 said:

That mission is scripted. You can't try to beat the train or you'll get a "fail". I tried. You're supposed to stop on the opposite side of the train from the kid.

SM00V 0PERAT0R

You don't need a fast horse for any mission like that. The person you are chasing will slow down and speed up at the speed of your horse as long as you don't fall too far behind from negligence. 

• 5 months later...

after trying and failing repeatedly on my regular horse i got the arabian and completed it

i had to disable sticky keys on my pc because i was mashing the left shift key to make the horse go faster and a pop up box came up asking if i wanted to turn it on