Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTA6


HYSTER22

Recommended Posts

HYSTER22

Hello Everyone!

 

I recently read an article (Inverse) about GTA 6 possibly taking the next step into "Space". Now don't get me wrong, I cant imagine the possibility's of Rockstar making a game purely based on "Space" itself. Imagen,  Space fights, lightspeed, colonies, aliens, distant planets and galaxies, factions customizing your ship! 

 

HOWEVER...

 

If Rockstar is considering a "Space" option to the next GTA game, I hope it would be one that complements it altogether. Think about it... The title shows it " Grand Theft Auto". Not "Grand Theft Space Auto"

 

So much more can be done here on "Earth". It would be kickass! if you can customize your game character like in Cyberpunk 2077 and the game be narrated by a voice actor (Male/Female) and have all the previous GTA worlds combined into GTA6. The game would include 100's of hours of side quests and the main story. As the game starts, you don't have a cent to your name and have the option of running solo or joining a local gang giving you a RPG experience. If you decided to go solo, it would be much harder to get things going for yourself (Earning money, angering local gangs, so on...) If you join a gang you would have to do what your boss tells you to do such as hit another gangs operations, a kill mission, holding up a store, stealing some merchandise or CARS. If you decided that you want to leave the gang depending on your relationship with the gang and the gangs "belief system and philosophy" you can quit the gang by paying them off a ton of money or kill your way out like (initiation)

 

World Travel

With the idea of combining all the worlds together, you have the option from the start to travel to any of the locations, you just need the money or the wheels, boat, plane to get there. As an example, if you were to travel from Vice City to Liberty City, it would actually take you in real time 30 minutes to get there by boat vs taking a place that can get you there in 10 real time minutes. Imagine driving to the airport in Vice City paying X amount for a plane ticket (1 way or round trip) and automatically having your character board the plane with NCP and real players and being able to talk to passengers or to real players on the plane while you travel 10 minutes real time to Liberty City?! OR traveling by a ferry boat that will take you 30 minutes to get to Liberty City?

 

Long story short, I know that technology, money, time has a lot to do with it. But if Rockstar can do something like that and throw almost all the stuff that it has created before into the new GTA game, I think this would be a game for the ages....

 

Regarding the "Space" article from Inverse, I think its a great idea IF Rockstar would start a brand new game altogether that had to do with space itself. Putting "Space" in the GTA world I think would be a wrong move for Rockstar. 

 

I'm pretty sure I am a few years late on this wish list but what the hell, let me speak my mind anyway. 

 

Please share your feed back and comments :) 

 

 

  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
marquuard

I hope you were joking when you mentioned GTA and CP2077 in the same post.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
HYSTER22

Lol I actually was not. 

 

Would you prefer not to have a customized protagonist then? I mentioned Cyberpunk in the first place because I like the idea of creating someone unique to the players liking. I am reading online that the protagonist is going to possibly be a female. I am all up for "Girl Power" but I prefer playing as a male character. Some other players do not mind playing as a female character. If one would implement a Cyberpunk customization character, it would give players more freedom to choose whom they would like to play as.

 

Your thoughts GRDG?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194
1 hour ago, HYSTER22 said:

It would be kickass! if you can customize your game character like in Cyberpunk 2077 and the game be narrated by a voice actor (Male/Female)

How many times hardcore fans of this series (only they really care about that series among the community) were saying, that protagonists are very, very important? I don't really understand why this idea comes back like a boomerang every few weeks or so. Please, don't bring this Ubisoft like bullsh*t to single player. It's like being able to choose whether you want to be Arthur Morgan or Sadie Adler in RDRII. As soon as I would see something like this I would be like "WTF?".

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 4
  • fir thi bairns 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
HYSTER22

Good to know @Kris194

 

So far it seems like a fixed protagonist is the best choice. However, I as a player of both GTA and Cyberpunk, would like to see at least some sort of level of customization to the protagonist. With Kris194 and GRDG's comments, nothing on the level of Cyberpunk, is sought after. I still highlight the dislike of not being able to choose your sex in the game, and having to play a female when wanting to play a male, and vice versa.

 

Any comments on the World Map / Traveling to other cities?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ser_Salty
1 hour ago, Kris194 said:

How many times hardcore fans of this series (only they really care about that series among the community) were saying, that protagonists are very, very important? I don't really understand why this idea comes back like a boomerang every few weeks or so. Please, don't bring this Ubisoft like bullsh*t to single player. It's like being able to choose whether you want to be Arthur Morgan or Sadie Adler in RDRII. As soon as I would see something like this I would be like "WTF?".

I gotta say, the choosing between one male and one female protag in AC Odyssey and Valhalla actually works pretty great. Sometimes the dialogue can be a bit weird, like when everyone in Valhalla uses gender neutral terms almost all of the time when referring to you, like, at some point Sigurd would probably refer to you as brother/sister instead of just sibling, but with how much alternate dialogue etc. Rockstar already records for their games since GTA4, it shouldn't be a problem to just have some male/female alternate dialogue.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
HYSTER22

@Ser_Salty

 

I agree with you!

 

If Rockstar can implement that into their next GTA, others and myself would be happy to choose male/female protags and having that choice vs. having to play someone forcefully :-/. In my opinion(side note), it would also be great if in the next GTA, would allow for relationships to be build with game characters, such as a player choice to "Romance" a NPC character and build something with them. Then, as you play the game and time progresses, the NPC whom you romanced is in a dire situation, and you have a choice of coming to their aid, or not. Kind of like a "Choice / Consequence" scenario. 

 

Call me farfetched, but if you are even able to build a family, such as in (Fable) and have a wife and kid(s), as you progress through the criminal world, it is only obvious that you would make enemy's, and in such scenarios, having an enemy capture your family and having to come to their aid such as a ransom, or having to give up certain territories, alliances or providing services for free and not knowing what the enemy NPC would do to your family, hell I think that would be a great way to keep the player interested and engaged in the game.

 

I see something around those lines being more of a possibility than taking GTA into space ;-/ Give me a break...

 

Like I said, if Rockstar is considering taking GTA into space, they might as well start a new project (Not GTA related) and expand 100% on that idea.

 

My opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194
1 hour ago, Ser_Salty said:

I gotta say, the choosing between one male and one female protag in AC Odyssey and Valhalla actually works pretty great. Sometimes the dialogue can be a bit weird, like when everyone in Valhalla uses gender neutral terms almost all of the time when referring to you, like, at some point Sigurd would probably refer to you as brother/sister instead of just sibling, but with how much alternate dialogue etc. Rockstar already records for their games since GTA4, it shouldn't be a problem to just have some male/female alternate dialogue.

It's not just about dialogues. What about world's reaction to our character? What about the story? Don't tell me, that they would have the same story because this is not happening, it's possible only in those Ubisoft games where your sex somehow is not important or where story is so restrictive to the point where it becomes generic. Let me remind you, that GTA V already felt like it has identity crysis.

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ser_Salty
10 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

It's not just about dialogues. What about world's reaction to our character? What about the story? Don't tell me, that they would have the same story because this is not happening, it's possible only in those Ubisoft games where your sex somehow is not important or where story is so restrictive to the point where it becomes generic. Let me remind you, that GTA V already felt like it has identity crysis.

Again, already done by Rockstar: in RDR2 your interactions differ depending on if you are playing as Arthur or John. They obviously don't differ in the same way as a male/female difference would, but the dialogue of characters that are interactable with both changes. With story, it's very simple. You just write one that fits both. Like how the script for Alien didn't specify any characters gender, only their last name, and the gender was just decided by casting. The story doesn't have to be realistic, no GTA story ever was. You're jumping between airplanes, killing 300 people at once and get away from criminal prosecution by just hiding in an alleyway for 2 minutes. I think if you just replaced, say, Tommy with a woman you'd only run into a handful of situation where it would feel weird and all the other times you'd just be going "yeah, cool game"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194
3 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

The story doesn't have to be realistic, no GTA story ever was.

What? What about GTA IV? I'm not even talking here about missions, just the story of Niko.

  • fir thi bairns 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ser_Salty
18 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

What? What about GTA IV? I'm not even talking here about missions, just the story of Niko.

You mean one lone immigrant killing off several mob leaders and being employed by a top secrete government agent? It was more grounded and gritty, but not exactly realistic.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194

Yes, maybe but still, put there female instead of Niko and suddenly it doesn't make sense. Not to even mention, that Vlad would probably try to flirt with my character :lol: I don't like this approach "just because this is GTA the story doesn't have to be as good as in RDR." Actually, for me it's opposite and because this is flagship series in Rockstar's portfolio I would expect the story to be at least as good.

  • fir thi bairns 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ser_Salty
1 hour ago, Kris194 said:

Yes, maybe but still, put there female instead of Niko and suddenly it doesn't make sense. Not to even mention, that Vlad would probably try to flirt with my character :lol: I don't like this approach "just because this is GTA the story doesn't have to be as good as in RDR." Actually, for me it's opposite and because this is flagship series in Rockstar's portfolio I would expect the story to be at least as good.

I didn't say it doesn't have to be good, just that it doesnn't have to be realistic. And why does it make sense with Niko? It doesn't either way. Women aren't weaker or less cruel (unless we are talking averages, but potential is the thing that really matters), so what is the problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194
1 hour ago, Ser_Salty said:

I didn't say it doesn't have to be good, just that it doesnn't have to be realistic.

Story can't be as good if it's not personal and it can't be personal if it has to fit both male and female. Just for example, "our female character becomes a victim of sex trafficking".

Edited by Kris194
  • fir thi bairns 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
DexMacLeod
5 hours ago, HYSTER22 said:

As an example, if you were to travel from Vice City to Liberty City, it would actually take you in real time 30 minutes to get there by boat vs taking a place that can get you there in 10 real time minutes. Imagine driving to the airport in Vice City paying X amount for a plane ticket (1 way or round trip) and automatically having your character board the plane with NCP and real players and being able to talk to passengers or to real players on the plane while you travel 10 minutes real time to Liberty City?! OR traveling by a ferry boat that will take you 30 minutes to get to Liberty City?

 

That sounds mostly terrible. The airport and the plane ride are generally the worst parts about travelling somewhere. Not to mention ten to thirty minute travel times would just feel so jarring and out of place in an action game.

 

I can see the appeal of all the maps together as one if you're into the whole PVP chaos fest of Online or just wandering around a big open world but I don't see it really being good for much else. I feel like any story that tries to justify and make use of all that space is just going to end up being an incoherent mess. Not to mention it makes no sense from a geographical point of view.

 

 

I've been on the record for awhile now as wanting to finally see a female protagonist. Not a fan of the choose your own gender, though. Most GTA protagonists could be gender swapped with little to no change to the actual plot of the story but to make the fact that the protagonist is interchangeable does a disservice to them both.

 

But, who knows. Maybe GTA shifts gears and becomes more about creativity and freedom of choice. Maybe story and character takes a bit of a backseat and the actual videogame side of things takes priority this time.

 

With all that said. What even is this thread? How did it start with going to space and end up being another gender debate? It sorta just feels like another general discussion thread.

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194
1 hour ago, DexMacLeod said:

Not to mention ten to thirty minute travel times would just feel so jarring and out of place in an action game.

If that's the problem then just go to the airport and buy ticket to Liberty City. It can't feel like Liberty City is close to Vice City because it's really not, it's far away. In real life you also don't flip flop between cities. Good city should offer you enough possibilities to make traveling optional, not a must have, just like in real life. Take a look at The Crew 2 for example, it takes like 30 minutes with a car to get from New York to Los Angeles. Personally for me travelling is very important aspect of GTA series but it doesn't mean, that I want everything to be close and for that reason condensed. Sometimes it's just about the journey and with Rockstar's detailed worlds it's a pleasure.

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
DexMacLeod
9 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

If that's the problem then just go to the airport and buy ticket to Liberty City.

 

1 hour ago, DexMacLeod said:

That sounds mostly terrible. The airport and the plane ride are generally the worst parts about travelling somewhere.

 

 

27 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

It can't feel like Liberty City is close to Vice City because it's really not, it's far away. In real life you also don't flip flop between cities. Good city should offer you enough possibilities to make traveling optional, not a must have, just like in real life. Take a look for The Crew 2 for example, it takes like 30 minutes with a car to get from New York to Los Angeles.

 

I still haven't played either of The Crew games but from what I've seen they're nothing like a GTA. In those games cross country travel is one of the main selling points, whereas GTA's are story driven action shoot'em ups. In The Crew a ten to thirty minute travel time is just part of the game's chore, in GTA it's a lengthy barrier keeping you from the game's chore.

 

Either way that was only one of the reasons I have against it. I'm not saying they should just cut down the travel time between Vice and Liberty, I'm saying those two cities shouldn't be on the same map altogether.  The method of travel between them doesn't really solve any of the logic, gameplay, or story problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194
8 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

GTA's are story driven action shoot'em ups.

GTA's got past this point long time ago and now it's neither "story driven shoot'em ups" nor like I read on reddit once "Hollywood B action movie". Story is only part of experience. Some people just want to live in those worlds, that Rockstar makes, even after finishing the story.

  • fir thi bairns 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Americana

Cool, maybe let them create an immersive Grand Theft Auto game first, before trying to "live" in it.

 

They created Grand Theft Auto IV, but all of you wanted something more like Grand Theft Auto: Online. I guess you want to "live" in such a world, then.

Edited by Americana
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194
2 hours ago, Americana said:

Cool, maybe let them create an immersive Grand Theft Auto game first,

This is what we all want, no need to get upset. Realistic, immersive world is top priority.

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
DexMacLeod
7 hours ago, Kris194 said:

This is what we all want, no need to get upset. Realistic, immersive world is top priority.

 

To me, in a video game, the gameplay should be top priority. I'd rather have a world that rewards engagement over a realistic one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
HYSTER22
On 1/24/2021 at 5:26 PM, DexMacLeod said:

 

That sounds mostly terrible. The airport and the plane ride are generally the worst parts about travelling somewhere. Not to mention ten to thirty minute travel times would just feel so jarring and out of place in an action game.

 

I can see the appeal of all the maps together as one if you're into the whole PVP chaos fest of Online or just wandering around a big open world but I don't see it really being good for much else. I feel like any story that tries to justify and make use of all that space is just going to end up being an incoherent mess. Not to mention it makes no sense from a geographical point of view.

 

 

I've been on the record for awhile now as wanting to finally see a female protagonist. Not a fan of the choose your own gender, though. Most GTA protagonists could be gender swapped with little to no change to the actual plot of the story but to make the fact that the protagonist is interchangeable does a disservice to them both.

 

But, who knows. Maybe GTA shifts gears and becomes more about creativity and freedom of choice. Maybe story and character takes a bit of a backseat and the actual videogame side of things takes priority this time.

 

With all that said. What even is this thread? How did it start with going to space and end up being another gender debate? It sorta just feels like another general discussion thread.

Thanks for the feedback @DexMacLeod

 

I cant imagine the challenge that Rockstar has in coming up with the new GTA. 

 

When I was playing GTA 5 online. I remember a group of my buddies and I would get on a private jet and fly over to the other airport (by the lake / forgot the name :-/ ) but all of us taking that ride was pure fun . But a that's just me and this is a Democracy so if my idea stinks, so be it and vote it out lol :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
HYSTER22
On 1/24/2021 at 6:21 PM, Kris194 said:

If that's the problem then just go to the airport and buy ticket to Liberty City. It can't feel like Liberty City is close to Vice City because it's really not, it's far away. In real life you also don't flip flop between cities. Good city should offer you enough possibilities to make traveling optional, not a must have, just like in real life. Take a look at The Crew 2 for example, it takes like 30 minutes with a car to get from New York to Los Angeles. Personally for me travelling is very important aspect of GTA series but it doesn't mean, that I want everything to be close and for that reason condensed. Sometimes it's just about the journey and with Rockstar's detailed worlds it's a pleasure.

Thanks @Kris194

 

What I am trying to get at is that the new GTA game should be a bit more realistic. I remember in San Andreas that you could take a train to the next city. Something like that. Making it more realistic. Now I am not saying you cant steal a car, heli, or plane, but just having the option to travel on a plane and it being a service offered in the game would be a nice touch to the realism. Example, carrying 10-20 weapons on you and you don't even have a bag. One cool idea I read online was the use of your car's trunk, and having to access it for larger weapons or body armor. If they can implement that in the single story game play, I think that would be great.

 

I still think that you being able to raise a family in the game and having to protect them from gangs or enemy's that you make through the game, would be a great idea. Of course this would only be in solo story mode not multi play.

 

NOW!

 

Playing online, throw in all the crazy non realistic crap like GTA online now.  

 

Edited by HYSTER22
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194
13 minutes ago, HYSTER22 said:

When I was playing GTA 5 online. I remember a group of my buddies and I would get on a private jet and fly over to the other airport (by the lake / forgot the name 😕 ) but all of us taking that ride was pure fun . But a that's just me and this is a Democracy so if my idea stinks, so be it and vote it out lol :(

I was doing something similar with my friends back in the past when I was playing SA:MP. Doing nothing but killing people like a maniac got boring for me pretty fast and I was like the kids in GTA Online, 12 or something.

  • fir thi bairns 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.