1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Hey, there's something interesting in the patent listing of take2 and rockstar.

BigSmoke140403

BigSmoke140403

I discovered a top down view of a map in the patent listing of take2 and rockstar about the npc ai and pathfinding thing. Is this a generic map or it has something more to it? I personally want to believe that it's the map of gta 6, but not too sure. Have a look.https://uspto.report/patent/app/20200338450#D00007

• Bruh 2
Black_Jesus

It's an example. Hop on GTA Online, get in a hello, fly near the prison area and you will see the grid LOD system.

Edited by Black_Jesus
  • Like 2
BigSmoke140403

So, you are saying, that if I fly over the bollingbroke pen, I'll see the same map(2 islands seperated and surrounded by sea)? Or you didn't see the pic where it's written "Virtual World(Top down view)"?

7 hours ago, Black_Jesus said:

It's an example. Hop on GTA Online, get in a hello, fly near the prison area and you will see the grid LOD system.

So, you are saying, that if I fly over the bollingbroke pen, I'll see the same map(2 islands seperated and surrounded by sea)? Or you didn't see the pic where it's written "Virtual World(Top down view)"?

I don't know why my reply is showing 2 times?

BigSmoke140403
22 minutes ago, MrBreak16 said:

Where do you see a map in there?

Are you able to see the flow chart on clicking the link? On the top of the flow chart, there's a map(2 islands sperated and surrounded by a water body) and it's written there, " Virtual World(Top Down View)".

6 hours ago, marquuard said:

I'm sorry to conclude that it's not interesting at all.

I'm not too sure about that, but were you able to see what I was trying to show? Did you see the map in the flow chart where it's written "Virtual World (Top down view)"?

MrBreak16
17 minutes ago, BigSmoke140403 said:

Are you able to see the flow chart on clicking the link? On the top of the flow chart, there's a map(2 islands sperated and surrounded by a water body) and it's written there, " Virtual World(Top Down View)".

I'm not too sure about that, but were you able to see what I was trying to show? Did you see the map in the flow chart where it's written "Virtual World (Top down view)"?

That doesn’t look like a map to me, it’s just two grey spots on a darker background with grids

• Like 1
BigSmoke140403
21 minutes ago, MrBreak16 said:

That doesn’t look like a map to me, it’s just two grey spots on a darker background with grids

It's written their, "virtual world(top down view". I know you are thinking that I'm pulling a MrBoss, but no, it's clearly written their that it's the top down view of the virtual world, and from the whole patent, it becomes clear that this is the virtual world where they are gonna utilize the new npc ai and pathfinding tech. If it's labelled as top down view of a virtual world, it's definitely not just 2 white spots on a dark background with grids, it's definitely 2 islands surrounded and separated by sea, the only question is if it's just a generic map or map of the next rockstar game.

MrBreak16
49 minutes ago, BigSmoke140403 said:

It's written their, "virtual world(top down view". I know you are thinking that I'm pulling a MrBoss, but no, it's clearly written their that it's the top down view of the virtual world, and from the whole patent, it becomes clear that this is the virtual world where they are gonna utilize the new npc ai and pathfinding tech. If it's labelled as top down view of a virtual world, it's definitely not just 2 white spots on a dark background with grids, it's definitely 2 islands surrounded and separated by sea, the only question is if it's just a generic map or map of the next rockstar game.

If this was a map, there would be more detail on it, like names of locations, a layout for roads, rivers, regions or districts. This thing look like something that was hand drawn rapidly. There is only two spots and a background and nothing else. Just look at the leaked RDR2 map for comparison:

g2yooJj.jpg

Edited by MrBreak16
BigSmoke140403
1 hour ago, MrBreak16 said:

If this was a map, there would be more detail on it, like names of locations, a layout for roads, rivers, regions or districts. This thing look like something that was hand drawn rapidly. There is only two spots and a background and nothing else. Just look at the leaked RDR2 map for comparison:

g2yooJj.jpg

Could be possible, I'm still keeping 2 possibilities with 20% leak and 80% just a generic demonstration, I wish it could be different though, but I don't want them to hurry at the same time, otherwise, we'll end up having 2 Cyberpunks. Thanks for having the discussion. Cheers.

1 hour ago, MrBreak16 said:

g2yooJj.jpg

Ok, one more thing, can you tell me how to post images on gta forums, I'm new here.

Spider-Vice

Rockstar have used grids since the III-era games and I'm pretty sure it's pretty commonplace in game development, even if not for streaming reasons (sectoring, etc.). They just have done something else that they wanted to patent. 

I also very much doubt the GTA VI map would be in a public patent... :p 

• Like 4
BigSmoke140403
9 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Rockstar have used grids since the III-era games and I'm pretty sure it's pretty commonplace in game development, even if not for streaming reasons (sectoring, etc.). They just have done something else that they wanted to patent. 

I also very much doubt the GTA VI map would be in a public patent... :p 

That's why I'm keeping 20% possibility that it's an actual leak vs 80% generic demonstration, for the sake of practicality and the r* is not that dumb to post the map in a site which is open to all. But, accidents do happen and this could be one of them.

Len Lfc
3 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Rockstar have used grids since the III-era games and I'm pretty sure it's pretty commonplace in game development, even if not for streaming reasons (sectoring, etc.).

They kinda' talk about it here. It's timestamped. But I'm not sure how accurate it is. It's an hour long and I watched it a while ago. Either way, I'm posting it because it's fascinating anyway. They also talk about duplicating, and how SSDs would theoretically reduce the need for duplication.

• Like 1