1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Most boring gta of all time

Nayden burns

Western Gunslinger
On 3/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, Americana said:

There are NO bugs on PC, not nowadays. I mean, I've played this game for at 10 years and I haven't encountered any bugs. So, yeah

Compared to RDRII, GTA IV is flawless

• Like 2
Algonquin Assassin
On 3/6/2021 at 3:35 PM, Western Gunslinger said:

Compared to RDRII, GTA IV is flawless

I saw this post before, but somehow I forgot to reply to it. I really like RDR2 and consider it to be one of my favorite games, BUT the thing that disappoints me about it a lot of GTA V's nastiness made its way into the game (overly restrictive mission design/ball clenching fail states, focus more on its online component than single player etc).

Don't get me wrong RDR2 was a breathtaking experience when I first played it. Arthur is the only R* protagonist I would put on level pegging with Niko, but I'm quite surprised it's only been 2 and a bit years yet my interest for it has dropped off quite substantially. Like GTA V a lack of single player DLC has really hurt it IMO. Though the argument could be made the story didn't expanding on and I would agree, but it just would've been nice to see something new like Undead Nightmare did for RDR1.

It's a great game, but I feel GTA IV done more with what it had at the time considering it was the first post-Renderware GTA and laid down the foundation for the rest of the R.A.G.E games to follow.

13 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I saw this post before, but somehow I forgot to reply to it. I really like RDR2 and consider it to be one of my favorite games, BUT the thing that disappoints me about it a lot of GTA V's nastiness made its way into the game (overly restrictive mission design/ball clenching fail states, focus more on its online component than single player etc).

Don't get me wrong RDR2 was a breathtaking experience when I first played it. Arthur is the only R* protagonist I would put on level pegging with Niko, but I'm quite surprised it's only been 2 and a bit years yet my interest for it has dropped off quite substantially. Like GTA V a lack of single player DLC has really hurt it IMO. Though the argument could be made the story didn't expanding on and I would agree, but it just would've been nice to see something new like Undead Nightmare did for RDR1.

It's a great game, but I feel GTA IV done more with what it had at the time considering it was the first post-Renderware GTA and laid down the foundation for the rest of the R.A.G.E games to follow.

GTA IV is just special, don't think there will ever be a better Rockstar game for me (nostalgia certainly plays a role but I just felt connected to Niko and the city is still my favourite in any game). But RDR2 is a masterpiece and GTA V is still great as well imho, I don't think the lack of story DLC's hurt them (especially not RDR2 since its already a huge game).

While Episodes from LC were fun I don't replay them nearly as much as GTA IV

• Like 4
StuntMaster100
13 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

RDR 2 is also too long and the extremely scripted missions make the whole experience a chore to play through. There are a lot of unnecessarily long scripted shootouts in the last chapters which become annoying fast.

GTA IV was scripted compared to the 3d era games but not as much as gta 5 and rdr 2. A lot of missions can be done in different ways which is nice.

In GTA V's defense atleast it's not as long as rdr 2 is and the missions are more varies than just repetitive shootouts which makes it more tolerable to play through than rdr 2.

It's a shame since RDR 2 is a very detailed game with a good story but sadly let down by the terrible mission design. I hope R* listened to the complaints and GTA 6 won't be super scripted.

• Like 3
billiejoearmstrong8
5 hours ago, StuntMaster100 said:

RDR 2 is also too long and the extremely scripted missions make the whole experience a chore to play through. There are a lot of unnecessarily long scripted shootouts in the last chapters which become annoying fast.

GTA IV was scripted compared to the 3d era games but not as much as gta 5 and rdr 2. A lot of missions can be done in different ways which is nice.

In GTA V's defense atleast it's not as long as rdr 2 is and the missions are more varies than just repetitive shootouts which makes it more tolerable to play through than rdr 2.

It's a shame since RDR 2 is a very detailed game with a good story but sadly let down by the terrible mission design. I hope R* listened to the complaints and GTA 6 won't be super scripted.

I dunno if it's partly just an RDR thing in general. Like I can see some of the problems of RDR2 come from GTA V (eg annoyingly strict wanted system that's easily triggered by accident, some overly scripted movement etc) but tbh missions are very repetitive and restrictive in RDR1 as well. There's only so much you can do with riding horses and shooting old weapons, GTA has a much bigger scope for mission variation. And in both RDRs there's rarely a time in missions where you're not riding/walking/moving with other characters, meaning moving freely is rarely an option (compared to GTA where you're often alone or in control of a car with passengers so you can move how you want at your own pace). 

I think both RDRs have amazing writing and side content but missions themselves are their weakest point. Making missions less restrictive would be a good thing for RDR and GTA alike but I do think it's more difficult with RDR just because of the nature of the game.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Algonquin Assassin
16 hours ago, StuntMaster100 said:

I actually don't have much of a problem with RDR2's length since one of the biggest complaints about GTA V is it's too short. I don't know if that had an influence on making RDR2 longer (probably not), but I thought I'd bring it up. To me RDR2 is the video game equivalent of an multi hour epic like The Godfather. Once Upon A Time In America etc. It's definitely NOT intended for a casual playthrough that only takes a few days. If you're willing to spend the time it's possible to stretch it over months. Infact I have friends that still haven't finished the story yet from release and it's not because they think it's boring. It's just so demanding on the senses.

In saying that I think it hurts the game's replay value somewhat. I've finished it a couple of times, but everytime I try to play it I end up bailing around chapter 2. It's like one of those movies I mentioned that it requires quite a bit of focus to get into and if you're also playing other games it makes it hard to achieve. Anyway I'd like to finish it on PS4 as I done it on XB1 twice. It's funny because while GTA IV isn't actually that much shorter it has tons more replay value atleast to me. I normally finish it a couple of times times a year even though people think its "boring" and the missions are "repetitive". 

I also think one problem both RDR2 and GTA V seem to share besides overly restrictive mission design is pacing. Some missions range too much in extremes. Some missions are insanely long even though they don't need to be or they're way too short. While GTA IV has its short and long missions it feels like a natural progression. At the beginning most of the "tutorial" type missions and missions intended to introduce new features are kept fairly brief and I guess R* thought about this in advance how people might want to replay the game again without wasting their time too much on things they already know. Then as the story progresses the missions start to become longer and more complex. It never really feels like you jumping all over the place. There are exceptions like "A Weekend At Florian's", but since this mission is so pivotal to the story I don't mind that's it's essentially just a short driving form point to point B. With GTA V and RDR2 it feels like sometimes I'm been thrown into a blender metaphorically speaking

Hopefully with GTA VI it might ease up on this aspect of design and gets us back to something more reminiscent of the 3D era/GTA IV. 

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 8:58 PM, Americana said:

I haven't played Red Dead Redemption 2 yet, but is it really boring, or is it just like Grand Theft Auto IV, so it's immersive, has good characters and good locations, but people can't play as naked CJ, so they say it's boring?

Story is really interesting, but game insist on some mechanisms and hunting.

Some can be easily maintained, but they are after few times they are really chores.

Hunting is main problem for me, because they made it so complicated with quality of animal and bad shot can lower that quality and they always insist on perfect pelet for some crafting. 

Also they made challenges pretty idiotic even with gambling that insist on pure luck.

They made beautiful world, but Im not wasting my time with some aspects so I download perfect 100% save.

Jokeman123
On 3/2/2021 at 6:44 PM, BennyGod said:

San Andreas is amazing but 5 is horrible. 

How is 5 horrible?

billiejoearmstrong8
30 minutes ago, Jokeman123 said:

How is 5 horrible?

Check this 165 page thread

I like a lot about V but there are many legitimate reasons to criticise or dislike it

• Like 2