Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Most boring gta of all time


Nayden burns

Recommended Posts

RenegadeAngel
On 2/10/2021 at 12:25 AM, rml_gta said:

 but watching the hate GTA IV got, they decided to return to a less mature story in GTA V that seems to be a sitcom lol, even GTA San Andreas is more mature than GTA V, and I love GTA V too, but I think it's obvious

 

It wasn't the mature story that caused the negative feedback, it was the story-driven nature of the game in general. Too many gameplay restrictions in contrast to San Andreas took people by surprise(in a bad way), so it took some time for the game to prove its worth and for players to adapt to the new vision of the franchise.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
On 2/10/2021 at 10:09 AM, Niobium said:

that was 5 years ago.

 

do you really believe this is some kind of self-own?

 

news-flash: people can grow up! people can change! shocker, right?

 

IDK man you haven’t changed your rhetoric despite five years passing so gg hypocrite lmao 

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1
  • Bruh 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
5 hours ago, RenegadeAngel said:

It wasn't the mature story that caused the negative feedback, it was the story-driven nature of the game in general. Too many gameplay restrictions in contrast to San Andreas took people by surprise(in a bad way), so it took some time for the game to prove its worth and for players to adapt to the new vision of the franchise.

 

I disagree that it has gameplay restrictions. It has less variety of side content and customisation. But gameplay (movement, physics, driving, combat, climbing, interacting with the environment etc, as well as the amount of freedom in mission gameplay) is better, more detailed and more free than in any other GTA game.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
rml_gta
26 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

 

I disagree that it has gameplay restrictions. It has less variety of side content and customisation. But gameplay (movement, physics, driving, combat, climbing, interacting with the environment etc, as well as the amount of freedom in mission gameplay) is better, more detailed and more free than in any other GTA game.

Exactly, GTA V in gameplay is more "arcade" than "realistic", c'mon, you can try a punch fight in GTA IV and GTA V and you can see that GTA V punch fights are sh*t compared with GTA IV variety of movements, lucky that they recovered that variety on RDR2

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
StuntMaster100
9 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

 

I disagree that it has gameplay restrictions. It has less variety of side content and customisation. But gameplay (movement, physics, driving, combat, climbing, interacting with the environment etc, as well as the amount of freedom in mission gameplay) is better, more detailed and more free than in any other GTA game.

Missions are very basic and repetitive, lack of over the top missions. Lack of vehicle customization, tanks, parachutes. City being mostly boring brown-grey everywhere because of the filter they used. Lack of countryside. Bad driving physics. These are the main things IV was criticized for.

Edited by StuntMaster100
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
4 hours ago, StuntMaster100 said:

Missions are very basic and repetitive, lack of over the top missions. Lack of vehicle customization, tanks, parachutes. City being mostly boring brown-grey everywhere because of the filter they used. Lack of countryside. Bad driving physics. These are the main things IV was criticized for.

 

Combat and driving are the best things about GTA imo, and GTA IV has the best/most detailed combat and driving so I'm happy to do a lot of it. I don't find missions repetitive at all since there's so much freedom and variation allowed in how you approach them (unlike in GTA V where every step of every mission is heavily scripted and restricted so they play out the same every single time with no room for creativity). I get there's things people don't like about the game but the gameplay itself (eg shooting, fighting, driving, movement, climbing, interaction with environment and NPCs, player freedom in and out of missions, police chases etc) is extremely detailed, fun and un-restrictive.  

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
StuntMaster100
16 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

 

Combat and driving are the best things about GTA imo, and GTA IV has the best/most detailed combat and driving so I'm happy to do a lot of it. I don't find missions repetitive at all since there's so much freedom and variation allowed in how you approach them (unlike in GTA V where every step of every mission is heavily scripted and restricted so they play out the same every single time with no room for creativity). I get there's things people don't like about the game but the gameplay itself (eg shooting, fighting, driving, movement, climbing, interaction with environment and NPCs, player freedom in and out of missions, police chases etc) is extremely detailed, fun and un-restrictive.  

I don't like the driving. Some vehicles are good but a lot of them have bad turn radius and feel too heavy.

Some missions have freedom but they are all simple shootouts in the end. The lack of big action missions made it boring.

 

Anyway these are just the things a lot of people didn't like and complained about.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
rml_gta
1 hour ago, StuntMaster100 said:

Anyway these are just the things a lot of people didn't like and complained about

Exactly, for me, I loved it, it was so realistic and funny, in GTA V is more "arcade", and it´s good too, but for me it was like unrealistic sometimes, but that´s a personal taste of course, and it´s ok to like one or dislike the other, I personally like both, one being realistic and one being more arcade, both are great in their aspects

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Americana

Let's be honest.

 

I might argue that Grand Theft Auto IV is the best in the series and that it is one of the best games ever created, but I play both of these:

 

O0Qhbsd.png

 

All of us do.

Edited by Americana
  • Like 4
  • fir thi bairns 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Payne

I just don’t see myself playing in its open world. I always do missions. Though it’s still an excellent open world third person shooter.

Edited by Payne
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
rml_gta
1 hour ago, Americana said:

Let's be honest.

 

I might argue that Grand Theft Auto IV is the best in the series and that it is one of the best games ever created, but I play both of these:

 

O0Qhbsd.png

 

All of us do.

Both are great, I really love GTA V too, but in terms of realism R* really did a fantastic job creating the best AI and physics I have ever seen, the most close I have seen is RDR2, and again another Rockstar game, I have something clear, nobody can beat them except themselves, I would like GTA VI as a mix of GTA IV realism, AI and story and GTA V more arcade gameplay, in RDR2 they mixed that and for me it worked so good, hoping they do the same in GTA VI with more improvements

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
B Dawg
4 minutes ago, rml_gta said:

I would like GTA VI as a mix of GTA IV realism, AI and story and GTA V more arcade gameplay, in RDR2 they mixed that

What's arcade about RDR2's gameplay?

Link to post
Share on other sites
rml_gta
Just now, B Dawg said:

What's arcade about RDR2's gameplay?

The horse riding is mid realistic-arcade, is not easy as driving in GTA V but not so realistic like driving in GTA IV, if you play RDR1 you can notice that RDR1 horse riding is more arcade than RDR2, but RDR2

horse riding is not fully realistic, it's mixed between arcade and realistic, that's what I mean

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheatz/Trickz

It is the most boring if you are turned away by anything with depth and/or a laser focused vision on what it wants to be.
 

Because while we all love San Andreas, it wasn’t the most focused of games, Rockstar really did just kind of throw in sh*t for the sake of it, especially by the end just to make it as expansive as possible without regard for focus. It worked because there wasn’t anything to compare it to then. What did we get? GTA clone after GTA clone. Volition tried it with Saints Row, then tried again, and again, and again, and the unfocused "throw it all in" approach never brought them the acclaim Rockstar enjoyed after San Andreas. 
 

The initial backlash to IV was because certain people expected a high definition San Andreas, and they got something entirely different. They got a game that tried to be something more than just the same thing with nicer graphics. I’ll say IV could have still been what it is without sacrificing things like car customisation, or burglary, or a countryside...lol, it would have been nice to see these things, but nothing is perfect. I wanted to see burglary back in V too, maybe 6? 

 

Regardless, it’s fair enough to not like the direction IV went in, nothing wrong with preferring the shallower, casual approach that San Andreas, its clones and indeed, GTA V chose for the sake of open world mindless mayhem, but how can you not respect Rockstar for dialling in the focus and creating something much more unique and exceptional, both in story and gameplay, like it or not, to the clones that were over-saturating the gaming space at the time? GTA IV is timeless because of this, it remains a one of a kind game. San Andreas does too, but only because it got there first, right time and place. But IV was pure intent, it had a drive and a direction that very few other games benefit from.

 

In the end, no other game succeeds as confidently as IV, its flaws a result of a failed but real effort to be exceptional. There’s really nothing else like it. Compared to GTA V, a game that is a very long way from being bad, its still more numerous flaws are a result of a lack of conviction on Rockstar’s part, with certain aspects, they didn’t fail, they simply didn’t try. They returned again to the approach of throwing sh*t at the wall. 
 

V succeeds because Rockstar can get away with this. They can make a game that is half amazing, and half mediocre, like V, and win. But should they just because they can? 


Damn, that didn’t start out as an essay. 

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fake Lilina
On 1/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, Nayden burns said:

The game is just plain boring compared to san andreas and v

You have some nerve... -.-

Link to post
Share on other sites
DR:BUSTA
4 hours ago, Fake Lilina said:

I'm surprised that this topic wasn't locked.

Why though ?

There are similar topics in every section and V's thread is literally filled with them

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fake Lilina said:

I'm surprised that this topic wasn't locked.

Good. Different opinions should be allowed, and this thread is the perfect opportunity for actual discussion.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
ICantReadYourMind

I agree with this very much. IV doesn't have the excitement or thrill you'd get in a normal GTA game. People say "oh you dont understand such a deep game", but seriously, for a franchise like GTA, this feels off. 

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Americana

I see.

 

True, from what I observe on this very forum I would love Grand Theft Auto IV to be part of a totally different franchise. This way people wouldn't say such stupid things about it. 

 

I mean, Grand Theft Auto V section has some dudes who call Grand Theft Auto IV fans fetishists. The f*ck?

 

  • Like 2
  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
DR:BUSTA
3 hours ago, Americana said:

True, from what I observe on this very forum I would love Grand Theft Auto IV to be part of a totally different franchise. This way people wouldn't say such stupid things about it. 

 

The hate that gta 4 gets most of the times is because of the annoying fanboys who have no respect to lore of the series and somehow some of them think thag moving your fingers on a controller makes you a mature

It's not related to the game 

The game is decent.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Americana

Umm, yes, it is related to the game.


Dudes hate on Grand Theft Auto IV because its "brown, boring and has weird driving physics." 

 

It's not about Nobium and him saying that Grand Theft Auto V is not canon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
DR:BUSTA
6 minutes ago, Americana said:

Dudes hate on Grand Theft Auto IV because its "brown, boring and has weird driving physics."

Well these are just opinions as long as they're not forcing you with their opinions or sh*t on you for enjoying GTA 4 there's no problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fake Lilina
17 hours ago, Americana said:

Grand Theft Auto V section has some dudes who call Grand Theft Auto IV fans fetishists. The f*ck?

The hell? So I guess liking GTA IV is a sin according to some people...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Raj The Rager

It's starts off boring but things kick up a few missions before you get put Broker.

Edited by Raj The Rager
Link to post
Share on other sites
KingAJ032304
On 2/22/2021 at 7:01 AM, DR:BUSTA said:

The hate that gta 4 gets most of the times is because of the annoying fanboys who have no respect to lore of the series and somehow some of them think thag moving your fingers on a controller makes you a mature

It's not related to the game 

The game is decent.

While I certainly don't hate gta iv and for the longest time in my life used to be EASILY my favorite game ever made, it recently years it doesn't hold my attention anymore. I can't I find it unnecessarily barebones and lackibg in things to do, I just can't.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.