3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Most boring gta of all time

Nayden burns

Jesus... This thread may need to be locked.. 3 pages arguing with the anti gta-iv ist propaganda..

This account is just a troll account made just to make these threads

If you looked at his name you'll see "Nayden burns" and burns doesn't start with a Capital letter so it's not his name it's a verb and it refers to "how Nayden burns GTA 4 fanboys"

And that was today's lesson given by teacher Busta

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • Like 2
On 1/30/2021 at 8:53 PM, AIcatraz said:

Jesus... This thread may need to be locked.. 3 pages arguing with the anti gta-iv ist propaganda..

I'd say the same about several people from this section filling the entire GTA V section with "anti gta v propaganda" while calling others trolls for having different views to be quite honest

As for contributing to this thread, I agree with universetwisters. I feel that around the time the game gets into the mob stuff it feels rushed, missions start having similar objectives to older ones. I also don't like how certain stuff was cut, like the silenced pistol and the nightstick, barber shops, randomized number plates and more, which would've fitted nicely in the game. Even some light car tuning would've worked as certain gang cars already have side skirts and this kind of stuff. SA didn't have in-depth tuning for most cars and only a few ones had special parts too. People will say "oh but we don't need useless features that don't fit nico in the game it's perfect" but taking a look at the girlfriends thread shows me that it's basically what they said they didn't want, stuff that doesn't fit Niko at all, yet it still exists.

I like the physics, the car design and the story until the mob stuff because they felt unique, like driving a truck with a bomb for Faustin or following a guy without being noticed for Jacob. The weapon selection is alright although I wish there were more melee weapons. I also like how gang vehicles spawn with mods on them too, it makes them stand out more, unlike in SA. It's a nice game but it could've been better, to be honest, and the same can be said about the rest of the HD Era GTAs too. Seems to be quite a habit with even the 3D Era GTAs too, where they lose steam halfway.

About the DLCs, I think TLAD was better than IV but I hate how they had to cut certain vanilla features like changing clothes. Johnny could've used his attire from IV as an option. I actually like how Johnny isn't portrayed as a Gary Stu even though what he did was fairly stupid. The addon content is good but I don't like how most of them are locked behind missions, like the weapons not being seen outside missions or certain cars like the Regina being mission exclusive, or the Tampa not even appearing anywhere despite being present in a cutscene. TBoGT is the more fun one and fixes the issues TLAD had with the content, by making the weapons and vehicles mostly accessible in freeroam, while adding some more content. I don't really have anything to say about the story, he was mostly a jobber like Claude.

Edited by Jinx.
PsyWarVeteran

The driving, shooting and physics make up for it. It's dark and gritty without the goofiness of the old GTA's but still, it's a great game.

billiejoearmstrong8
43 minutes ago, PsyWarVeteran said:

The driving, shooting and physics make up for it. It's dark and gritty without the goofiness of the old GTA's but still, it's a great game.

Is it though? Are characters like Roman, Packie, Brucie, Bernie, Manny etc not silly and funny? Is there not all kinds of funny dialogue throughout every mission, spoken by NPCs and on the radio? Can you not do crazy goofy stunts, explosions etc with the over the top physics and do other silly things like knock cops down stairs by throwing hotdogs at them or go to a sex shop and throw dildos around or stumble around drunk shouting YELLOW CAR? Like yeah it's less wacky. But it's still a very fun and humorous game. People act like it's a totally dry serious drama. But it's also a comedic satire and an open world where you can do all kinds of crazy stuff, it's not that different. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 2
PsyWarVeteran
35 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Is it though? Are characters like Roman, Packie, Brucie, Bernie, Manny etc not silly and funny? Is there not all kinds of funny dialogue throughout every mission, spoken by NPCs and on the radio? Can you not do crazy goofy stunts, explosions etc with the over the top physics and do other silly things like knock cops down stairs by throwing hotdogs at them or go to a sex shop and throw dildos around or stumble around drunk shouting YELLOW CAR? Like yeah it's less wacky. But it's still a very fun and humorous game. People act like it's a totally dry serious drama. But it's also a comedic satire and an open world where you can do all kinds of crazy stuff, it's not that different. 

Goofy as in sit on a pizza bike and now you are pizza boy. I didn't say anything about humor.

billiejoearmstrong8
27 minutes ago, PsyWarVeteran said:

Goofy as in sit on a pizza bike and now you are pizza boy. I didn't say anything about humor.

Yeah but there's still a fair amount of goofy stuff is what I'm saying. Some goofy humour, goofy physics, goofy characters, goofy stuff you can do. I totally enjoy that it's darker and more serious than the others and doesn't have an excessive amount of goofiness. It's a better balance for my taste. But I'm just saying the goofiness isn't totally absent, there's still a lot of fun and silliness.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Western Gunslinger
On 1/26/2021 at 8:49 PM, BossFF007 said:

GTA IV's "dark" and "depressing" feel

it's probably because R* was too depressed at the time since they got caught lying about the hot coffee controversy

I mean at rare times the game CAN be boring but I don't think it's a boring game overall. It surely has more interesting moments than boring ones. Sorry if my post is too short, for a more detailed explanation check the OP. Loads of good points there.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:26 PM, Nayden burns said:

The game is just plain boring compared to san andreas and v

How about some elaboration on that?

Because if you like the over the top aspects of V and SA, then yes IV is gonna be boring.

It says something about the maturity of a person though, speaking from experience here. I used to think IV was a repetitive slog, then I finished puberty. 

29 minutes ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

It says something about the maturity of a person though, speaking from experience here. I used to think IV was a repetitive slog, then I finished puberty. 

OH NO

Someone is not mature enough to have an opinion Similar to mine about a f*cking video game.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1
1 hour ago, DR:BUSTA said:

OH NO

Someone is not mature enough to have an opinion Similar to mine about a f*cking video game.

He’s definitely not mature enough to elaborate on that opinion...

10 minutes ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

He’s definitely not mature enough to elaborate on that opinion...

It's called tastes 

People are different. Don't expect everyone to have the same opinion as you it's an opinion not the absolute truth.

Also how's moving your fingers on a controller related to maturing

Real matures are smart enough not to take Video games seriously and are doing their best to change the world or working but not finding the opportunities they deserve .

But us ? 

We're just drugging ourselves with fake achievements (that we shouldn't take seriously of it's supposed to be a way for entertainment and killing extra time not more or less)

Edit : Oh sh*t I swore not to take anything on the internet seriously 

Edited by DR:BUSTA

He can have his taste and opinion, it’s just a shame TC lacks the maturity to explain that opinion. 

I mean, if I went over to the V board and made a topic about why I think V is a disappointment, I would explain my reasons and back my comments up. 

20 minutes ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

He can have his taste and opinion, it’s just a shame TC lacks the maturity to explain that opinion. 

I mean, if I went over to the V board and made a topic about why I think V is a disappointment, I would explain my reasons and back my comments up. 

I guess you already know the reasons why he doesn't like it.

Also some people already brought their points

1 hour ago, Payne said:

Even if you didn’t, people would just say “we know “.

I think you’re missing the point.

1 hour ago, DR:BUSTA said:

I guess you already know the reasons why he doesn't like it.

Also some people already brought their points

No, I don’t. 

7 hours ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

No, I don’t. 

fbb8853609f9f56a98aaa5f2d6f09257.jpg

And even if you don't a lot of other people brought their points and no one is forced to enjoy the game and he didn't like it so yeah you're not going to gain anything by forcing him to enjoy it

billiejoearmstrong8
6 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

And even if you don't a lot of other people brought their points and no one is forced to enjoy the game and he didn't like it so yeah you're not going to gain anything by forcing him to enjoy it

No one's forcing anyone to do anything. It's just dumb to make a topic claiming something and not back it up with any reasons for your claim/opinion, that's all. The whole point of threads is to explain, discuss, challenge and debate opinions. I don't care that they haven't replied, the thread has been amusing and had some interesting discussion anyway, but it is immature to just make a thread saying something sucks and not elaborate lol

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

No one's forcing anyone to do anything. It's just dumb to make a topic claiming something and not back it up with any reasons for your claim/opinion, that's all.

I am pretty sure this is a troll account and like what I said other people brought their points and we discussed so the thread is going well without him and doing exactly what it's supposed to do

billiejoearmstrong8
Just now, DR:BUSTA said:

I am pretty sure this is a troll account and like what I said other people brought their points and we discussed so the thread is going well without him and doing exactly what it's supposed to do

Yeah true. I've enjoyed it anyway, haha. Also just the fact that if the same thread was made about V in the V section it wouldn't be assumed to be trolling and a loads of people would be agreeing with OP and listing reasons why for them speaks for itself 😛 

12 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

IF the same thread was made about V in the V section

IF?

anyway this is definitely a troll account. 

After he made the account in the same minute he made the GTA 4 thread and the GTA 5 thread and a few days later he made the MRBOSSFTW one which was a joke 

I feel like for younger people V is so much more enjoyable then IV just because of the action packed brainless action that people with a heartattack can play

The Time Ranger
On 1/23/2021 at 4:40 AM, Wayne Kerr said:

I'll never tire of the IV-V fights. It's highly amusing to see people get so worked up over this. Xenoxx if you reading this I miss you dude.

Lol, I remember Xenoxx, I was a lurker at the time, he would doggedly defend V, would take no criticism of it at all. I miss seeing him around, some characters like him liven up the place. 

IV has aged better than GTAV, as for "being boring" then Rockstar has topped that with Red Dead Redemption 2.